Angle Grinder Board Adjustable Speed
It is difficult to imagine a house where there is no electric drill. This is a favorite tool for almost every man.
Usually the user does not worry about the drill, the tool works for himself, and let it work. But then a strong beating of the drill appeared or the clamping mechanism jammed, repair loomed on the horizon. There was a need to remove or even disassemble the cartridge. Here, some inexperienced masters will need advice on how to perform the necessary work without ruining the drill completely and irrevocably. To begin with, it is worth familiarizing yourself with the information on the types of cartridges and the methods of their attachment to drills.
The main types of cartridges for household drills the following:
- quick-clamping or BZP, convenient in operation, allowing you to easily and quickly change the tool, but the strength and durability are not too high; nevertheless, drills with quick-clamping chucks (with one or two couplings) are deservedly popular;
- gear-crown, requiring the use of a special key.
There are also other varieties, for example, SDS and SDS-max from Bosch. But you should not dwell on this issue in detail, since the type of the chuck by the method of clamping the drill does not affect the way the chuck is mounted on the drill spindle.
Attaching a Chuck to an Electric Drill Spindle
Actually There are two mounting methods:
- cone pairing;
- threaded connection.
You can find out the type of fastening by marking:
- the inscriptions B10, B12, B18, etc. characterize the parameters of the Morse cone, the special shape of the mating surfaces (a total of 9 sizes from B7 to B45 are provided); before this designation mark the diameter range of drill shanks, for example, 1−6 V10;
- type designations 1-15 M13 × 1.3; characterizing the metric thread parameters (diameter of drill shanks, thread diameter and its pitch);
- UNF abbreviations (full marking is similar in structure to the marking of metric threads, for example, 2–13 mm ½. UNF, where ½ indicates the diameter of the thread in inches, and the number 20 indicates the number of threads per one inch), which means fastening with an inch thread ; this type of connection is typical for imported instruments.
Video: Angle Grinder Board Adjustable Speed
Technology for removing a cartridge from an electric drill
To perform this operation The following tools may be required:
- wrenches (wrenches, plumbing, open-end wrenches):
- Phillips screwdriver;
- a hammer (preferably a mallet made of rubber or wooden);
Previously, the tool is removed from the cartridge. The key chuck can also be unlocked without a key by inserting a drill shank into the hole.
Cone mating dismantling
This pairing option should not cause disassembly difficulties.
If a fixing screw is present, it should be loosened.
It is recommended to orient the tool with a drill down and take off the cartridge with light tapping hammer (to protect mechanisms from damage, the best option is to strike with a rubber or wooden mallet on the cartridge case through the gasket. open-end wrench).
If there is a device for removing bearings, it is better to use it.
Dismantling with threaded interface
In this case disassembly procedure is as follows:
- The cams are sunk as far down as the head of the internal screw is located on the bottom of their socket, which must be reached with a screwdriver. However, the presence of a screw is optional.
- The screw is unscrewed from the spindle with a screwdriver, the fixing screw has a left-hand thread, that is, it is unscrewed by turning the screwdriver clockwise. If there is difficulty in turning the screw, you can lightly tap it with a hammer through a screwdriver.
- The cartridge from the shaft is unscrewed like a regular nut with a right-hand thread, that is, by turning counterclockwise. If the process is difficult, the use of two keys is recommended. The spindle is fixed with a spanner, the chuck is unscrewed with a gas spanner. You can insert a thicker hexagon into the cams and unscrew the cartridge with it.
If, however, the operation fails, you will have to disassemble the electric drill body to provide access to the spindle.
And one more tip: if the screw turns out to be damaged during disassembly, then you can purchase a punch adapter, it will contain a suitable screw.
Features of the work on the removal of the cartridge of drills of different companies (in particular, interskol) can be studied when watching a video.
The recommendations given are also valid for rotary hammers and screwdrivers.
And a few more tips:
- Before any repair work on the drill, disconnect the power cable from the network.
- If the case is complicated enough or there are doubts about your qualification as a household appliance repairman, it is better to turn to professionals for help. Otherwise, there is a risk of completing the repair with the purchase of a new drill.