Blade for tiller agate do it yourself
Homemade blade for a tiller do it yourself drawings
Snow plows, easily mounted on all types of equipment, significantly speed up and facilitate the process of clearing snow. Any snow blower blade for a tiller contains three main parts. a snow shovel, a shovel angle adjustment device and an attachment point that fixes the shovel on the tractor frame.
There are several designs of ready-made dumps that are included in the attachment kits, however, such a “grader” can make a homemade dump for the tiller with your own hands, the drawings are given below.
The dump shovel is an attachment piece used in conjunction with the tiller. With its help, it is possible to mechanize such ordinary work on the land plot as garbage collection, snow removal in winter, as well as leveling the ground and moving it from one place to another. Dump shovels have various modifications, but in general they are characterized by the general principle of operation and device. As a rule, they have several typical operating positions. Usually these are the following three points:
- left (with a slope of 30 degrees)
- to the right (with a slope of 30 degrees)
How to make a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller drawings, videos, photos
The harsh winter is such that the owners of private houses often have to deal with snow removal. To solve the snow problem, they use various tools, shovels, etc. Manual snow removal from a large area with the existing level of technology development has become a rare case. And really, why do you need to waste long hours and energy on clearing snowdrifts and debris from your backyard, if you can make a homemade dump for a tiller with your own hands?
Blade for tiller device and equipment
Shovels for tillers can be equipped with metal blades-attachments, which are convenient for leveling the ground, as well as rubber attachments, designed for clearing snow.
Since there is a wide range of modifications of shovel-dumpers, when choosing such an attachment, be sure to make sure that the device can be installed on an existing tiller.
Manufacturers do not equip tiller blades with spring damping mechanisms, since due to the low speed of movement, special protection against contact with uneven ground is not required. The tiller also does not need lifting and slewing devices, which significantly reduces the total cost of the snow removal kit.
When equipping your tiller with snow plow accessories, buy special metal grousers. Replacing pneumatic wheels with such “shoes” significantly improves the quality of snow removal.
for mounted shovels for tillers are low and range from 4000 to 6000 rubles.
Working with a tiller blade
Before starting work, the shovel-blade of the tiller is manually turned left and right at an angle of up to 30 degrees. The position adjustment operation is completed by setting the desired angle and securing the blade in the selected position with cotter pins.
The width of the blade for a tiller shovel is usually one meter (some models may have a different value) with a bucket metal thickness of 2 to 3 mm. In the factory, shovels are made of high quality steel.
How to make a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller
Making a blade for a tiller with your own hands is not difficult at all if your farm has an angle grinder, drill and welding machine.
Here is one of the simple options for such a product for the owners of tillers. You will not have to search for a suitable metal for a long time, since for this you can use an ordinary two-hundred-liter steel barrel.
Carefully cut it into three pieces and you have three curved segments for the shovel. Welding two of them along the contour, we get a product with a metal thickness of three millimeters, which is quite enough to ensure the rigidity of the blade.
The lower part of the blade is reinforced with a knife. To do this, you will need a 5 mm thick steel strip equal to the length of the blade’s grip. Holes with a diameter of 5-6 mm are drilled in the knife with a step of 10-12 cm to fix the rubber safety strip.
The design of fastening the blade to the tiller is quite simple and can be easily implemented in a home workshop. At the same time, a 40×40 mm square pipe is welded to the blade, welded from two segments of the barrel, approximately in the middle of its height for reinforcement. Then a semicircle of thick steel is welded to the pipe in its middle, in which three holes are made, necessary to fix the angles of rotation of the shovel-blade.
After that, an L-shaped holder is cooked from the same pipe, one end of which is inserted into the hole in the semicircle, and the other is bolted to the tiller frame. To adjust the lifting height of the shovel, bolts A and B are used. They are screwed into the holes in a piece of square pipe, which is welded to the hitch and put on the L-shaped holder.
DIY shovel blade for tiller
The size of our shovel blade for the tiller will be 850x220x450mm. The blade itself is made of steel sheet with a thickness of 2-3 mm. The uprights located inside are made of 3-4 mm thick sheet and serve as stiffeners.
Holes are drilled in them in place to attach the blade to the rods, taking into account the strictly vertical position of the blade in relation to the front of the tiller.
- 1. dump sheet (tin);
- 2. rack 4pcs (stiffeners);
- 3. the bottom sheet of the dump (tin);
- 4. knife;
- 5. an eye for fastening the traction.
The blade fixing bracket is installed on the tiller legs, to which the base of the front tiller support is attached, and the same M10 bolts are used. Rods 520 mm long are fastened to the brackets with M8 bolts with wing nuts, which are attached to the stiffeners of the blade.
In the inner stiffeners (strut x 3-4 mm thick) holes are drilled to fasten the blade to the rods so that the blade is in a vertical position with respect to the tiller. The blade is additionally fixed on the chiller by means of two adjusting rods: in the inoperative position, they enable the brackets to be unloaded. A knife with dimensions of 3x100x850 mm is bolted to the bottom of the blade.
- 1. blade;
- 2. barbell;
- 3. bracket;
- 4. thrust.
The bottom of the dump is sheathed with sheet metal to prevent it from being buried in the ground. The width (depth) of the bottom can be made smaller than shown in the drawing. With a blade height of 450mm and a depth of 220mm, it looks more like a bucket.
Taking these recommendations as a basis and experimenting with sizes will help to make a blade-blade for different tillers: Neva, Salut, etc. Then snow removal with a tiller will become an easy and pleasant thing for you.
How to make a do-it-yourself blade or shovel for snow on a tiller: drawings, video
Making a blade from a barrel
For the bucket, you need to select a barrel with thick walls. The best option is a stainless steel product. In the absence of a strong barrel, you can use the usual.
The work is carried out in the following sequence:
- Marking is applied to the barrel. On the bottom and sides, it is divided into 3 identical sectors of 120º each. The object is then cut by an angle grinder. The remaining parts of the bottom are trimmed along the chord. End pieces are needed to stiffen the bucket.
- If the tin is thin, then the 2 parts are folded together and fastened. It is advisable to lubricate the details with hot bitumen before joining. This will prevent corrosion, increase the weight of the bucket and reduce noise from metal striking stones and curbs. Fixation of parts is carried out with rivets or bolts.
- The perimeter of the resulting bucket is reinforced with a steel strip with a thickness of at least 3 mm. Fastening is carried out using welding, bolts or rivets. The upper and lower parts of the bucket are reinforced with semicircular inserts from the drum scrap.
- A conveyor belt is attached to the bottom of the bucket. The width of the protruding part should be between 3-10 cm, depending on the conditions in which it is planned to operate the snow thrower. The belt should be made removable to use the blade for handling bulk materials.
- The finished product is cleaned of rust, sagging and scale. It is treated with anti-corrosion agents and painted.
In a similar way, a bucket is made from a gas cylinder. Since its walls have sufficient strength, their additional reinforcement is not required.
Since the steel on the dump will constantly wear out and become thinner, it is advisable to immediately make a replaceable dump. As soon as the service life of the first stage product ends, you can immediately install a replacement in its place.
Tools and materials
You can install a snow clearing knife on the frame of any motor-cultivator with a power of more than 4 hp. and a weight of at least 50 kg. The heavier the machine is, the better it will cope with the effects of a blizzard. It is best to equip the domestic tiller Neva with a shovel. This equipment has high performance, adapted to work in the most severe weather conditions with maximum load.
A do-it-yourself shovel for a tiller is made using the following devices:
- welding machine;
- angle grinder with discs for cutting and grinding metal;
- electric drill;
- set of wrenches;
- paint, paint brush.
After preparing the tool for work, it is necessary to decide on the material from which the shovel-blade for the Tiller Neva will be made. You can make a shovel from various metal products that have a sufficient margin of safety.
Dump on Tiller Neva can be assembled from the following materials:
- An old gas bottle. The thick walls of the cylinder are resistant to high mechanical stress. Having received such a blade, the tiller will be able to cope with compacted snow, level roads, move sand and gravel.
- Barrels with a volume of 200 liters. It should be borne in mind that the walls of the barrel are made of thin steel. Such a shovel for the Neva tiller can only be used to remove fresh snow, which did not have time to thicken and become covered with infusion.
- Metal strips. Bumpers from trucks or corrugated steel, which cover the floors of hangars and warehouses, are well suited for making a blade for a tiller.
In order to make a swivel mechanism, you need steel with a thickness of at least 10 mm. You can find such material at scrap metal collection points. The manufacture of fasteners involves the use of shaped steel pipes 20×40 mm.
When working on loose and deep snow, homemade snow removal equipment can get stuck. This problem can be solved with the help of tracks installed on the axle shaft of the unit. Homemade tracked snow blower can work in any conditions, productivity is not inferior to special equipment.
Making a blade from a pipe segment
A shovel blade for cleaning snow on a tiller can be made from a piece of large-diameter steel main pipe (see photo). The video shows how a functional attachment for snow removal can be made from an ordinary piece of scrap metal using improvised blanks and tools found in the garage.
- Align the pipe edges by cutting off any irregularities with an angle grinder.
- To clean the edge, as well as the inner and outer surface of the future snow shovel.
- For the manufacture of the mount, the following are used: a gear from a motor cultivator drive, a 200 mm long bolt with a lock nut and a piece of thick-walled steel pipe. A propeller shaft is taken as a rotary device, which will be attached to a homemade adapter from the tiller’s power take-off shaft. The video shows the manufacturing steps in detail.
- Make a “scraper” from dense thick rubber 15 mm thick by screwing the cut strips to the edge of the blade.
- For shock absorption on the swing-out mechanism, three powerful trampoline springs are used.
- In order to facilitate the work during snow removal work behind the tiller, it is necessary that the shovel blade is heavy. If the weight of the structure is not enough, it is necessary to consider a counterweight. In this case, metal “pancakes” are used.
Blade manufacturing rules
The main rule that must be taken into account when drawing up homemade drawings is the correspondence between the amount of work and the power of the unit. Overloading can lead to increased wear of components and mechanisms, their breakdown and machine failure.
When planning the manufacture of a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller, you must adhere to the following criteria:
- Strength. The knife must have a sufficient resource to serve for at least 5 years. All its parts and mechanisms must be made based on the maximum permissible load and strong impacts.
- Dimensions. A homemade shovel should not be too wide and high. The optimal dimensions are considered to be 80-130 cm wide and 30-50 cm high.
- The presence of a lifting mechanism. The tiller blade can be lifted hydraulically or by levers. This option allows you to remove snow from the yard or use the unit as a loader in the summer.
- Possibility of mounting a swivel joint. With the help of such devices, you can control the knives by tilting them up or down, right or left. The choice of the angle of attack allows for better shoveling of snow and debris away from the track.
- Mandatory installation of a dense rubber shock absorber strip on the bottom of the bucket. This device is necessary in order to protect the tiller from impacts, the bucket from deformation or breakage, and the roadway from mechanical damage.
- Quick installation and removal. Since the tiller is a multifunctional device, all manipulations on its equipment should be carried out promptly and without the use of complex equipment.
The blade layout assumes its installation on the front bracket, under the body or behind the unit. The most optimal is the frontal position of the blade. This position provides the highest quality cleaning.
The bucket made can have a horizontal or vertical orientation. The second option is chosen in cases where you have to work in cramped conditions.
Attaching the bucket to the tiller
As a rule, all motor-cultivators have a standard bracket for attaching attachments. It is quite suitable for attaching a front blade. If necessary, an adapter is made to allow the bucket to turn to the right or left.
The mount is made in this way:
- A profile pipe is welded from the back of the bucket. To ensure a firm hold, it is advisable to duplicate the weld seam with several bolts.
- A semicircle with a diameter of 20-25 cm is cut from sheet metal 10 mm thick. The workpiece is welded to the shaped tube. Holes are made in it along the edge with an interval of 20 mm to set the angle of the bucket.
- A holder in the shape of the letter “L” is made from a square tube. The short side of the holder is fixed on the rotary sector, the other end is rigidly fixed on the tiller bracket. To adjust the height of the knife, use the bolts screwed into the adapter.
A simpler connection method is a system of lugs and clamps made of thick sheet steel.
You should not reinvent the wheel again, an approximate scheme for manufacturing equipment for cleaning snow can be borrowed from manufacturers, for example, you can use a drawing of a blade for a tiller of the Vsevolozhsk RMZ. Of course, the structure can be simplified or strengthened, depending on the model of the tiller, the main thing is, do not count on a large width of the blade-blade with a weak or too light unit.
Purchase or manual assembly?
However, having a welding machine, drill, material and free time, you can seriously save on the purchase of this attachment. In addition, a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller can be modified and repaired at any time, and the reliability of such products is often higher.
The main parts of the design are:
- A shovel-blade or knife is a working part that interacts with the snow. It can be made of various materials. A metal plate with a thickness of 3 mm or more will do. Remember that the lower part can cling to the road surface and must be additionally reinforced with a strip of metal on the working side and stiffening ribs on the back.
- Swivel mechanism. It is often much more convenient to use the blade turned 30º so as not to push the entire snow mass in front of you, but to throw it away from the direction of travel. This reduces the load on the tiller and allows the snow to move in the desired direction. The blade pivot and locking mechanism requires a 10 mm thick plate, a strong pivot bolt at the main attachment point, and a finger joint to lock the straight or angled blade position.
- The unit of docking and attachment to the tiller can be different for each model. To make a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller, you should not pay attention to the versatility of the attachment, it is better to take care of the reliability of fixing the blade on your tiller.
DIY tiller blade: winter use of a backyard helper
Snowy winter is a disaster in most regions of Russia. If in cities this problem is puzzled by communal and road organizations equipped with special equipment, then in private houses the owners are left alone with the snow. Why not use a helper popular with site owners, usually only used in the summer? tillers in this sense are universal, the main thing is to know how to make a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller.
Without a special tool, metal processing can be quite difficult. The following tools and devices should be prepared in the workshop of the craftsman:
- Welding machine. Handicraft craftsmen often use small transformer or inverter devices that allow them to carry out work on a mobile basis. Remember safety when working with welding.
- Angle grinder, popularly referred to as the angle grinder. Remember to protect flammable materials from sparks that can fly up to fifteen meters during operation.
- Drill or hammer drill with a set of drills for metal of different diameters. Bolt and finger holes will be required.
- Clamps and clamps can be useful when working without an assistant.
To make a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller, the master has no restrictions on the selection of material, only the recommended parts are indicated in the list below, and possible replacements are also given:
- A metal plate with a thickness of at least 3 mm for the manufacture of the working part of the blade. The dimensions depend on the planned parameters of the attachment, which, in turn, directly depend on the power of the tiller. An old metal barrel with a capacity of 200 liters can serve as an excellent material, for which it needs to be cut into 3 pieces lengthwise and two of them welded around the perimeter for rigidity. When cutting the barrel lengthwise, take precautions so that the sheet of metal does not suddenly bounce to the side. The third part can be cut for other parts of the blade.
- Metal stiffening ribs can be made from a wide variety of materials, for example, from the remnants of a 3 mm plate or corners and reinforcement.
- The metal plate of the swivel mechanism must be at least 8 mm thick, as it is the most vulnerable point.
- A square tube 40 x 40 mm will be needed to make a clutch assembly, which can be made adjustable using holes and bolts.
- Wide blades may require additional tube or angle reinforcement.
- Bolts and nuts with washers for fastening various units and parts. Pins for the adjustable part of the swivel mechanism.
You can make a dump for a tiller from a gas cylinder, but remember about safety measures when working with gas. The cylinder must first be completely filled with water to exclude any possibility of ignition or explosion.
The figure shows a schematic diagram of a snow plow based on the factory drawings at the beginning of the article. The design is simplified and the assembly is suitable for medium and light tillers. Ultra-light machines and motor-cultivators do not have enough power for effective snow removal. The dimensions of the blade depend on the wheelbase of the tiller, its capacity and the size of materials available. When making a blade with a width of more than 1 m, be sure to provide for reinforcement of the structure.
Nuances of work
When the blade for the Salyut tiller is being manufactured, the lower part of the element can be reinforced with a knife. To do this, the master must prepare a metal strip, the thickness of which is 5 millimeters. Its length should be equivalent to that of the blade. At the next stage, 6 mm holes should be made in the knife, placing them 12 cm apart. These manipulations are necessary to fix the safety strip, which is made of rubber. the tiller “Salyut” is supplemented with attachments by means of a technique that assumes a fairly simple design of fasteners. Any master can do such work at home. A square pipe with a side of 40 millimeters must be welded to the dump, which is made of two barrel elements, in the middle of the height. This will strengthen the device. the tiller “Salyut” will be equipped with attachments that will be quite convenient to use. At the next stage, a semicircle made of thick steel must be welded to the pipe, or rather to its central part. Three holes are pre-drilled in it, which are needed to fix the angles of rotation of the manufactured element.
Blade design features
If you decide to make a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller, then first you need to familiarize yourself with the design features of this attachment. The operation to correct the position of the element is completed by setting the required angle and fixing the blade in a certain position. In this case, cotter pins are used. It should be noted that the width of the shovel of the described equipment, as a rule, is equal to the limit of one meter. This indicator can be considered relevant when the bucket is made of metal with a thickness ranging from 2 to 3 millimeters. You should take advantage of the experience of professional manufacturing companies that use high-quality steel in the manufacture of dumps. When a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller is made, it can be additionally equipped with metal attachments in the form of knives, which will be most conveniently used for leveling the ground. Among other things, you can equip the equipment with rubber nozzles, which are indispensable when clearing snow. Shovels should not be equipped with spring damping mechanisms, this is due to the fact that the speed of movement is low enough, therefore, protection is not required from contact with an uneven soil base. the tiller does not need swing-lifting devices at all, which can reduce the cost of a set designed for snow removal.
The bottom should be sheathed with metal in order to prevent the element from cutting into the ground. The depth of the bottom can be whatever you choose yourself. If the height of the main element is equal to 450 millimeters, and the depth is equivalent to 220 millimeters, then such equipment will more resemble a bucket.
DIY Agate Slice Pendant
Blade builder tips
When a shovel for a tiller is made, the next step is to attach the holder, which has an L-shape. Insert one end of this element into the hole located in the semicircle. The other end is fixed to the tiller frame with bolts. The bolts should also be used to adjust the blade lift. They are screwed into the holes in the section of the profiled pipe, which is located on the coupling device.
Do-it-yourself blade for a tiller. Homemade blade: blueprints
A do-it-yourself blade for a tiller can be made by any home craftsman who has some experience in working with metal. With this add-on, you can regularly and easily rid the area of snow drifts. This applies not only to private use, since the device will be able to handle a very impressive amount of work. And such manipulations cost quite inexpensively, which cannot be said about factory-made equipment.
The need to use a blade
This solution eliminates the need to use a shovel, which is a rather laborious task. Before proceeding with the manufacture of an addition to an existing tiller, it is necessary to consider the design features of a snow blower, which consists of three parts, namely: a mount, a snow shovel and a steering angle correction device. The attachment point is responsible for fixing the shovel on the tractor frame. Having made a do-it-yourself blade for the tiller, you can do such work on the site as cleaning up garbage and leveling the soil surface. If it is necessary to carry out the last of the named works, it will be possible to transfer the soil from one place to another.
Features of making a blade-blade
A drawing of a blade for a tiller will allow you to figure out what design features the manufactured element will have. Thus, the dimensions of the device are 850x220x450 millimeters. The shovel must be made of steel sheet, the thickness of which is 3 millimeters. The racks, which are located inside, must be made of sheet steel of impressive thickness. These additions act as stiffeners. Holes must be drilled in them to fix the blade to the rods. It is important to keep the equipment upright in relation to the front of the tiller.
The dump for the Neva tiller can be manufactured using the same technology. To mount the element, use a bracket that is installed on the legs of the tiller. The base of the folding front support is fixed to the latter. In this case, you need to use M10 bolts. Additionally, the equipment should be secured to the tiller using adjusting rods, the number of which is limited to two. When not in use, they allow the brackets to be relieved. The tiller blade is bolted to the bottom. The knife must have dimensions of 3x100x850 mm.
Blade manufacturing features
It is not difficult to make a blade for the Salyut tiller on your own, and you will have to use a welding machine, an angle grinder and a drill. It is not worth looking for a metal of suitable quality for a long time, because for this you can prepare an ordinary steel barrel, the volume of which is 200 liters. The container needs to be cut into three equal parts, which will make it possible to obtain three segments, each of which has a curved shape, which is exactly what is required. It is these blanks that will be used to make shovels. Along the contour, two previously prepared elements must be welded together, which will make it possible to obtain a product whose metal thickness is equal to three millimeters. This indicator will be enough to ensure the required rigidity of the equipment.
Making a moldboard shovel from a gas cylinder
Another available tool for making a moldboard shovel is a gas cylinder. This event will certainly require a detailed diagram. It should indicate the parameters of the spare parts used and the procedure for assembling them into a single structure. Work on the creation takes place in the following order.
- Release excessive pressure from the cylinder, if any.
- Cut off both edges of the lid so that the width corresponds to one meter.
- Cut the resulting pipe lengthwise into 2 halves.
- Using a welding machine, connect these 2 segments so that the blade height is approximately 700 millimeters.
- The holder for fastening is made as follows. Cut a kerchief out of thick iron. Make a number of holes in it to rotate the blade in different directions. Weld a piece of pipe to the kerchief.
- Weld the prepared product to the plow at the level of the holder location on the tiller.
- Installation is carried out using a cylindrical rod.
The thickness of the walls of the cylinder is sufficient, there is no need for reinforcement. However, the bottom can be fitted with durable rubber that will remove loose snow and not damage the rolled road. To do this, you need to take hard rubber from the rotary. conveyor lines. The width of the rubber strip is 100×150 mm. Using an electric drill, make holes in the shovel to fix the rubber. To firmly fix the rubber strip, a 900x100x3 mm iron strip is needed. Drill holes in metal and rubber, marking in advance with a shovel. Secure with bolts.
Recommendations for creating a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller
- Design features of the device
- How it works with a tiller snow plow
- Shovel for a motor cultivator
- How to create a snow plow from a barrel?
- Making a moldboard shovel from a gas cylinder
- Sheet steel shovel
In our country, there are such winters that often the owners of individual households are faced with the difficulty of removing a huge amount of snow. Usually, this problem was solved by means of ordinary shovels and all kinds of home-made devices. At the moment, when most farms have motor-cultivators available that can be equipped with various types of attachments, snow cleaning, garbage collection and other work has become much easier. In the article we will look at how to create a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller.
Design features of the device
Snow shovels are effortlessly attached to any type of equipment, significantly speeding up and simplifying the procedure for clearing snow. All snow plowing equipment for a multifunctional unit includes 3 basic parts: a snow shovel, a plow angle adjustment mechanism and a mounting module that holds the snow plow to the frame of the unit.
There are a number of designs of factory shovels that are part of the attachments, however, such a device for a tiller can be built with your own hands, especially since there is a wide variety of information and drawings on this problem in the global network.
This makes it possible not only to manufacture equipment with the required characteristics, but also significantly save money.
The blade is an integral part of the attachments used in conjunction with a motor cultivator. With his support, you can facilitate such everyday work on your own plot of land as collecting garbage in summer, in winter. clearing snow, in addition, leveling the surface layer of the earth and transporting it from one site to another. Snow plows come in different variations, but in their total mass they are endowed with one principle of operation and design. They mainly have a number of standard working positions.
These are almost always the 3 points below:
- to the left (with a turn of 30 °);
- to the right (with a turn of 30 °).
How to work with a tiller snow plow
The moldboard shovel of the tiller must be correctly installed before performing its functions. She turns her hands to the right or to the left at an angle of up to 30 °. The process of adjusting the position ends by setting a suitable angle and fixing the shovel in the chosen position using cotter pins. The grip area of a snow plow for a mobile power unit is usually one meter (some modifications may have different values) with a shovel material thickness of 2 to 3 mm. In an industrial environment, these devices are made from high quality steel.
Shovel for a motor cultivator
Mouldboard shovels for motor cultivators can be equipped with a knife attachment, which is convenient for leveling the soil, as well as rubber attachments designed to eliminate the effects of snowfall. The choice of models of snow plows is extensive; when choosing such a hinged mechanism, you must definitely make sure that the structure can be mounted on an existing motor cultivator.
Manufacturers do not equip these devices for tillers with a device for damping (damping) or preventing vibrations (spring dampers), since due to the low speed of movement, no special protection is needed against contact with uneven soil. When equipping your rototiller with additional snow removal equipment, purchase specialized steel lugs.
Replacing pneumatic wheels with similar devices significantly increases the quality of snow cleaning.
How to create a snow plow from a barrel?
Making a shovel on your own is easy when you have a welding machine, an angle grinder and an electric drill in your home. Here’s one easy way. You do not need to search for the necessary material, since you can use a simple 200-liter iron barrel.
Carefully cut it into 3 slices and you will have 3 curved pieces for the snow plow. Having welded 2 of them along the contour mowing line, we get an element with an iron thickness of 3 mm, which is fully enough for the rigidity of the shovel. The lower segment of the shovel is reinforced with a knife. This requires a metal strip 5 mm thick and the same length as the blade grip. Holes are made in the knife with a caliber of 5-6 mm with an interval of 10-12 cm for mounting a protective rubber strip.
The mechanism for attaching the shovel to the cultivator is quite simple and can be done at home. A pipe with a cross-section in the form of a square measuring 40×40 millimeters is cooked to a shovel, assembled from two parts of a barrel, approximately in the middle of its height for reinforcement. Then, in the middle of the pipe, a semicircle of thick iron is cooked, in which 3 holes are pre-made, required to stabilize the angles of rotation of the moldboard shovel.
Next, a bracket that looks like the letter “G” is welded from the same tube, one edge of which is placed in a hole in a semicircle, and the other is connected with bolts to the chassis of the unit.
To adjust the level of lift of the blade, bolts are used that are screwed into the holes in a piece of tube welded to the hitch and put on the L-shaped bracket.
Sheet steel shovel
Some craftsmen prefer to use new material, rather than used elements. So you can assemble a homemade blade from an iron sheet with a thickness of 3 mm. To strengthen the device, you can use a steel strip with a thickness of at least 5 millimeters. Metal cutting is carried out according to the schemes. The blade itself contains 4 segments: front, bottom and 2 side. The assembled structure requires reinforcement. For this, components cut from metal with a thickness of 5 mm are welded vertically.
Then a rotary device is created. It is a lug with a hole for the axle. The eyelet is fixed by welding to the angle, which is attached to the shovel. The axle is fixed at one end of the pipe, and at the other end it is fixed to the chiller. The required degree of rotation is fixed with a cylindrical rod (dowel). 3 millimeters is a small thickness, which means it needs to be strengthened. Cut a strip of 850x100x3 mm from a sheet with a thickness of 3 mm.
You can fix it with bolts, but you will need to first drill or weld the strip by welding.
To carry out the work you will need:
- sheet metal;
- angle grinder with discs;
- electric drill;
- set of drills;
- bolts with self-locking nuts (with plastic inserts);
- welder with electrodes;
- profile or round pipe.
If you have the necessary skills, the job is not difficult. And the created device can be used not only in winter, but also in summer. Improve the site after the completion of construction and installation work, plan a site for a children’s sandbox, and the like. What type of construction to choose is to make a decision for you.
How to make a blade-blade for the tiller “Neva” MB-2, see the video below.
What is and where is the tiller blade used??
With the onset of winter, private homeowners are faced with the challenge of clearing snow from their territories. The issue of purchasing specialized equipment that can cope with snowdrifts in the yards is being updated. Many have tractors that can be equipped with attachments to remove snow, foliage and debris. Tillers with a blade are suitable for such purposes.
You can purchase a ready-made one, or, after reading the necessary information, make a drawing and design of a homemade blade for a tiller yourself.
1 Tractors and attachments
The device consists of an engine, wheels and transmission, located on the frame. Depending on the need, the mechanism is equipped with attachable equipment. The most common attachment is milling cutters and trailers for transporting various loads.
It can also be a rake, plow, sweeping brush, segment or rotary mower, seeder or snow shovel.
The mechanism is used as a mini-tractor. Such attachments are operated at different temperatures. This is an advantage in the winter. Tiller blades handle the function of snow removal equipment. For example, dumps for Ugra tillers can be operated at temperatures of minus 40 degrees Celsius. But not all models fit the same snow blower attachment.
Not all models have this feature. Salute tiller blades may not be compatible with products from other manufacturers. When purchasing a mini-tractor, you need to find out about the availability of such a function or make a tiller with your own hands.
to the menu
1.2 Characteristics and design
The raw material for the craft is steel with a thickness of 2-3mm. The scoop to the tiller consists of an attachment unit fixed to the frame, a shovel and a swivel adjustment mechanism. There are three types of working positions for empowerment:
- direct location;
- oblique to the right;
- leaning to the left.
The tilt is carried out within 30 degrees. Scoop coverage width. 1 meter.
Shovel blade to tiller
Since the design is not complicated, and almost every household has everything you need, many set themselves the goal of independently making a dump for the Mole tiller.
to the menu
1.1 Advantages and disadvantages
On the Internet, they offer a selection of ready-made mounted snow removal buckets, there is also a lot of information about self-production. There are pros and cons here:
Each homeowner, for his own reasons, will have to make a choice in one favor or another.
to the menu
2 How to make a do-it-yourself blade on a tiller?
- The large barrel is cut into 3 equal parts.
- The parts are welded to obtain a metal thickness of 5 mm. This is necessary for maximum durability of the product.
- For reinforcement, a knife is used in the form of a strip, 5 mm thick and 1 meter long. In order to fix the rubber strip, holes are drilled with a size of 5 mm and a pitch of 12 cm between them.
- A square pipe (40 × 40mm) is welded to the shovel. The junction is the middle of the height of the product.
- A ladle in which three holes are made is welded inside a square pipe.
- Also, a mount is made from a square pipe. One end is inserted into the hole on the shovel, the other is bolted to the frame.
Homemade barrel shovel
Before starting to manufacture, they develop and carefully study the drawings. Working in such a sequence, the process will not take much time and effort. Your motor-cultivator will be equipped with a snow shovel necessary for the farm.
Such a useful thing will simplify snow removal, will do the work in the yard in 20 minutes. For owners of farms, such a mini-tractor with attachments is a must.
to the menu