Can I Cut Slabs
In connection with the introduction of advanced technologies and the use of new building materials, requirements for the stability of buildings and their durability have increased. To strengthen the building structure and increase the strength of the supporting external walls, a power belt is made in the form of a concrete circuit reinforced with reinforcement in the upper part of the box. Armopoyas evenly distributes the pressure of the roof and transfers the load to the foundation through the walls. The strength properties are affected by the height and thickness of the armo-belt, as well as the design features of the reinforcing cage and the concrete grade.
Armored Belt Construction
A special reinforced concrete belt is constructed to smooth the loads from the weight of the roof and interfloor panels on the end plane of the main walls. It is also carried out in the process of pouring a monolithic foundation.
When planning to build a basement, interfloor or foundation reinforced belt, you must perform the following actions:
- to think over the design features of the reinforced concrete gain loop;
- choose the optimal size of the reinforcement and determine the height of the armo-belt;
- purchase building materials necessary for the construction of the armo-belt.
Determining the design, dimensions and materials used, it is necessary to take into account the existing efforts at the level of floor overlap, as well as the load capacity of the walls, for the manufacture of which porous blocks were used. When using lightweight floor slabs, it is allowed to use a less powerful armo-belt. The width should be equal to the thickness of the walls. Let us dwell in more detail on the design features and sizes.
In order to increase the strength of the supporting external walls, it is necessary to make an arm belt
What is the armo-belt made of?
The design of the reinforced belt is regulated by building codes. This is a power circuit that prevents deformation of the building box.
The following building materials are used for the manufacture of a reinforced belt:
- concrete mortar with marking M400 and higher. The mixture fills the formwork frame, inside of which there is a reinforcing grill. After concrete hardens, a power circuit is formed around the perimeter of the bearing walls. The concrete mix is made according to the standard recipe based on Portland cement, crushed stone and sand. It is important to perform concreting in one go with further compaction of the concrete mass using vibrating equipment. It is important to prevent the formation of air cavities inside the monolith;
- steel bars with a cross-sectional size of 0.8-1 cm. Corrugated reinforcement is cut into workpieces of the required size, which are connected by a knitting wire into a spatial frame. The design consists of four longitudinally spaced rods connected by transverse rods. The diameter of the transverse elements is 0.6 cm. The metal grating, which increases the load capacity of the concrete mass, has a square or rectangular cross section in the transverse plane.
Depending on the design of the formwork, various materials are used for its manufacture:
- for collapsible formwork, wood shields are used;
- stationary construction made of polystyrene.
It is important to ensure rigidity and tightness of the formwork.
The task of the armopoyas is to help the building withstand deforming loads
Height and thickness of armopoyas
The dimensions of the reinforced belt are regulated by the design documentation:
- the height of the power circuit is equal to its thickness in the manufacture of a reinforced belt of square section. For a rectangular structure, the height exceeds the width of 1.5-1.6 times;
- the thickness of the armo-belt usually corresponds to the width of the supporting walls of the building. The construction technology allows a reduced thickness of the belt, at the level of 0.7-0.8 wall thickness.
The dimensions of the power circuit are determined at the stage of development of the building design.
When is reinforcement of building structures with a reinforced belt necessary?
The reinforced belt is an essential element of residential buildings, which is formed at various heights from the zero mark. Armopoyas is designed to solve the following problems:
- the formation of a flat base for the installation of floor panels;
- smoothing various types of loads created by roof beams;
- prevent cracking of load-bearing walls as a result of deformation of the box;
- proportional distribution of loads acting on the end plane of the walls;
- reduce the likelihood of wall deformation due to increased forces;
- reduce the effects of loads caused by gusts of wind;
- ensuring the stability of buildings built in an inclined terrain;
- maintaining the integrity of the boxes of buildings built in seismically active areas;
- increase the margin of safety of building structures, which are affected by the reaction of frost heaving of the soil.
Видео: Can I Cut Slabs
The absence of a reinforced belt erected at the upper level of the load-bearing walls reduces the stability of the building.
Armopoyas is a concrete layer laid along the outer walls of a house under construction around the perimeter
Armopoyas need to be built in the following situations:
- when used for the construction of walls of cellular blocks;
- during the construction of houses in seismically active zones;
- during the construction of buildings on problem soils.
There are situations when you can do without a reinforced concrete belt. this is the use of bricks for the construction of capital walls, as well as pouring the foundation below the level of freezing of the soil. In other cases, the reinforced belt is an indispensable element of the building.
Armopoyas under precast and monolithic reinforced concrete floors
There is no need to doubt whether an armored belt is needed under floor slabs. Armopoyas built under the floor panel performs a number of serious tasks:
- increases the load capacity of the walls of the cellular blocks. Indeed, porous concrete is prone to deformation under increased load;
- proportionally distributes the load from the floor and the roof on the walls. Local efforts can cause cracking;
- protects the building box from cracking. The belt smoothes temperature fluctuations and increases the durability of the structure.
Reinforced edging made of reinforced concrete connects the building box and floor slabs into a common power circuit.
Armopoyas for floor slabs has a closed view
We are preparing to make a reinforced belt for slabs. building materials and tools
When planning an independent production of an armored belt intended for installation of floor panels, prepare the necessary building materials:
- plywood, planed boards or polystyrene sheets for the assembly of formwork;
- Portland cement, gravel and fine sand for the manufacture of concrete mix;
- steel reinforcement and knitting wire for assembling the power frame;
- plastic film for sealing formwork;
- fasteners (screws, screws, nails) for the assembly of formwork.
The amount of materials is determined on the basis of project documentation.
To perform the work, you will also need special equipment and tools:
- a concrete mixer that facilitates the preparation of a large volume of concrete mixture;
- angle grinder with a circle for metal, used for cutting steel reinforcement;
- manual hook for knitting fittings or semi-automatic fixture;
- construction level and plumb required for measurements.
When using reinforcing bars having an increased diameter, a bending device will also be required.
In order for the concrete layers to dry evenly, it is necessary to fill in the armo-belt in one step
Reinforced belt construction technology. the main stages
The manufacturing process of the armo-belt provides for the following sequence of actions:
- Preparation of blanks for the assembly of the formwork frame.
- Assembly of formwork from plywood sheets, wooden panels or polystyrene sheets.
- Cutting reinforcing bars into workpieces of appropriate sizes.
- The assembly of the power frame by connecting the rods using annealed wire.
- Mixing the components intended for the preparation of concrete mortar.
- Continuous filling of the formwork solution.
- Removal of air inclusions using a depth or surface vibrator.
- Maintaining moisture in the concrete mass by periodic wetting.
- Dismantling of formwork after hardening of concrete.
Having carefully studied the technology of building an armored belt, it is easy to do all the operations yourself.
What formwork materials can I use?
Traditionally, for the manufacture of formwork, planed wood is used, from which the panel structure is made. The height of the wooden edging is usually 0.3 m, and the width corresponds to the thickness of the walls. Fastening of boards is carried out with self-tapping screws. The side edging of the formwork board is fixed with threaded rods or trims. The horizontalness of the upper plane of the formwork should be monitored using a level. It is important to securely fasten the boards and seal all the cracks.
In addition to the boards for the manufacture of formwork, the following materials are used:
- moisture resistant plywood. Before pouring concrete, it is impregnated with used oil to facilitate dismantling;
- extruded polystyrene. Polystyrene sheets are an integral part of thermally insulated formwork.
The choice of material for the manufacture of formwork is made individually depending on the requirements of the design documentation.
Installation of fittings
The sequence of actions for mounting the reinforcing cage:
- Cutting metal rods.
- Laying rods along the formwork on the lining.
- Wire binding of the elements of the lower tier.
- Installation of transverse rods.
- Fastening to the vertical rods of the upper level elements.
After assembling the reinforcing grill, install threaded rods or steel wire to secure the floor elements.
How to pour concrete?
Preparation and pouring of concrete mortar is carried out in the indicated sequence:
- Prepare the concrete mixture in the required volume.
- Perform continuous concreting.
- Tamp concrete with rebar or vibrator.
- Plan the surface of the concrete mass.
- Lay a plastic wrap on the concrete.
- Periodically wet the concrete surface.
After the concrete has set operating hardness, disassemble the formwork. The thickness of the armo-belt under the floor slabs is provided by the dimensions of the formwork structure.
Armopoyas under the floor panel is an indispensable element of the structure, increasing the strength properties of the structure. Correctly selected thickness of the armo-belt guarantees the necessary margin of safety. Armopoyas increases the life of buildings and positively affects their sustainability. Technological recommendations should be followed, as well as the use of high-quality building materials. It is easy to cope with the work on your own, having carefully studied the technology.