Carburetor Adjustment Stihl 230 Chainsaw
230 Stihl in its characteristics belongs to the class of semi-professional chainsaws designed for logging at a professional level (i.e., not just sawing wood in a bathhouse, but for example for sale). Due to the ratio of size and power, the chainsaw is great for building from wood and felling trees. Due to the limited tire size, which is only 35-40 cm, the manufacturer recommends felling trees with a diameter of not more than 30 cm. But, as practice shows, the Stihl 230 copes with larger trunks perfectly.
Let’s look at the characteristics of the Stihl MS 230 chainsaw, declared by the manufacturer:
- engine displacement: 40,2 cubic cm;
- engine power: 2.7 hp / 2.0 kW;
- idling: 2800 rpm;
- chainsaw weight: 4.6 kg;
- tire length: 35-40 cm. / 16 inches;
- chain pitch: 3/8 ";
- oil tank volume: 200 cu. cm;
- fuel tank capacity: 470 cubic meters cm;
- sound power level: 113 dB;
According to some reports, the engine displacement is 45.4 cubic centimeters. According to data from the official website of Stihl, the value of this technical specification is indicated by a range from 40.2 to 45.4. Therefore, in order to find out the real parameters of the Calm 230 engine, I recommend that you look at the passport for the chainsaw that comes with the package.
Options are standard. The price of 230 Calm includes the following items:
- tire and chain;
- wrench for chain tensioning and oil and gasoline filling;
- case for chain protection;
Features of the Stihl MC 230 chainsaw
230 Stihl, like many other company saws, are manufactured with the latest technology. Let’s see the main technologies used in the production of this chainsaw:
- Carburetor preheating. when working in the winter season, the chainsaw is switched to summer mode, the carburetor is blown with heated intake air, thus preventing icing.
- The innovative gas tank cap does not require a special key to open. Technology developed and patented by Stihl. The process of opening, closing takes place without difficulty, and the tightness, in turn, remains at its best.
- Anti-vibration system. Stihl, like Husqvarna, uses a special system to reduce the vibrations transmitted from the instrument to humans during operation. Without such a system, with prolonged work, the human body experiences heavy loads, which over time can lead to impaired blood circulation in the hands.
- Quickstop instantaneous chain stop. The well-known hand brake lever actuates the QuickStop mechanism, which allows you to instantly stop the work of the Stihl MC 230 chainsaw.
- Ematic chain effective lubrication system. The system includes an oil pump with variable oil flow, an Oilmatic chain and an Ematic guide rail. The peculiarity of the system is that the supplied oil reaches only those places where it is required, which allowed to reduce the oil consumption by half.
Видео: Carburetor Adjustment Stihl 230 Chainsaw
What is better stihl 180 or stihl 230
- The most important difference is that the Stihl MC 230 has a larger engine capacity, which in turn greatly increases the resource and, as a result, the service life.
- The Stihl 230 chainsaw is equipped with a heating system that prevents the carburetor from icing up when working in the winter season.
- The 230th is as much as 700 grams heavier than his younger brother. Believe me, when doing light work (pruning branches), this difference is significant.
- Therefore, the higher the price of the Stihl MS 230.
These are the main differences and they are important. Carefully weigh the pros and cons before choosing.
If the Stihl 230 chainsaw starts up and stalls or just works erratically, then it’s time to see how things are with the fuel supply system, namely the carburetor. Most likely the reason lies in him, and it requires maintenance. We will not dwell on this process in detail in the framework of this article, because previously talked about carburetor repair on chainsaws in general and Stihl in particular. We recommend reading articles: the device and the carburetor adjustment on the Stihl 180 chainsaw and the second interesting article on carburetor adjustment on chainsaws in general.
The articles raise questions of the main reasons why the saw begins to "bullshit". Detailed and detailed answers are given that will help to repair the arising malfunctions with your own hands.
It is worth remembering that the Stihl MS 230 chainsaw is a semi-professional saw, not a household one! For this reason, it is worth carrying out periodic maintenance, it is better to contact a specialized service!
If for some reason you cannot contact a specialized Stihl service, and want to adjust the carburetor of your chainsaw yourself, then you definitely need to watch informative videos related to this issue. We present to your attention our selection.
Adjusting the carburetor on the Stihl 230 and 250 saws is no different, so watching the video will be useful to owners of both those and other chainsaws.
Repair Stihl MS 230
The tool is quite reliable and it breaks only due to improper operation or a large amount of work, because of which the chainsaw resource has long been worked out. One of the serious failures is problems with the engine, in particular the cylinder-piston group.
Symptoms of the problem: full or partial jamming of the chain. Chainsaw chain does not rotate, starter does not scroll.
Attention, do not try to start a chainsaw with similar symptoms, otherwise, the situation will only worsen and further repairs will require even more money!
If your 230 Stihl has similar symptoms and problems, we recommend that you watch an interesting video on this topic. The author tells in detail what to do and in what sequence in this situation.
Summing up, it is worth noting that the semi-professional chainsaw. Stihl MS 230 is in great demand, due to its good performance. True, you have to pay for them, because the cost of a saw is far from the budget segment. The main malfunctions that need to be fixed are connected with the carburetor; in solving these problems you will be helped by videos from the masters (published in the article) or the services of specialized centers. Serious malfunctions occur very rarely, but here everything is solved. All this speaks of the reliability of the German Stihl saws. We recommend this chainsaw to the choice of those who need a reliable tool more powerful for every day, to solve problems of medium difficulty.