Choosing a Home Screwdriver 2018
A screwdriver is a more modern analogue of a screwdriver, with which less effort is spent, and work is performed faster and more efficiently. When choosing a tool, it is important to consider that the cordless screwdriver is mobile, but may be discharged at the wrong time. And the electric one should always work close to the outlet or, in extreme cases, to an extension cord. Also important are the power of the torque, the presence of backlight, reverse and nozzles.
Our top 10 best screwdrivers will help you make your choice. According to buyers, it is these screwdrivers who top the rating of the best in terms of price and quality. So, the equipment in 2018. 2019 was pleased with the following models.
10 Interskol DSh-10 / 320E2
The product of the Russian manufacturer definitely deserves attention, at least due to the fact that it opens our rating of the best screwdrivers in 2018. 2019. This 320 kW drill / driver has a stylish design and sleek design. The only model in our rating that works from the network, which means that it will not fail at the most difficult moment (cable length. 2 m). Another advantage of a screwdriver is that the maximum torque is 35 Nm.
- Keyless type chuck.
- It has a reverse.
- Comfortably lies in a hand.
- Affordable price.
- Experience is needed to carefully twist long self-tapping screws (the tool is really powerful).
- There is no case for storage. you need to buy separately a case or box.
9 Interskol DA-10 / 12M3
Keyless drill / driver with Ni-Cd battery. The Interskol DA-10 / 12M3 tool is sold together with a special case, which immediately solves the problem of storing both a screwdriver and a charger for it. A compact and concise screwdriver with good lighting is also convenient to use in poorly lit conditions, for example, under a table or when assembling a cabinet.
- Batteries charge quickly.
- Improved, compared with previous models, the cartridge of the product.
- High-quality lighting.
- Nice value.
- There is no rattle.
- The performance of the case is not always perfect.
8 Hitachi DS14DVF3
Another member of our top with ergonomic design, battery life and stable power. The battery is a Ni-Cd type, which means that it needs to be fully discharged. But the Hitachi DS14DVF3 comes with a second, spare battery, so you won’t have to stop working.
- Equipped with a flashlight.
- Sold with bits and holders for them.
- Charging fast.
- The model does not always cope with active work on metal, but for wood it is quite worthy.
- After a couple of years of operation, the batteries fail.
7 Makita 6280DWPLE
Good mid-range drill / driver. The balanced design and quick-clamping type of a cartridge do it by the worthy choice for household works. It does not have too high power, but it fully complies with the declared parameters. Makita 6280DWPLE. this is the case when expectations are met.
- A very durable model. a literal acquisition for years.
- There is a ratchet mode.
- Convenient bit changer system.
Video: Choosing a Home Screwdriver 2018
- This tool is not easy. it weighs 1.4 kg.
- With active use, the batteries will have to be changed after two years, but only the batteries.
6 Makita DF331DWYE
Another Japanese unit that deserves our attention. This model is a drill / driver that also works on battery power, which charges fully in 30 minutes. A compact tool at a reasonable price perfectly complements the home "arsenal" for furniture assembly and minor repairs.
- Extra battery included.
- Has a power button lock function.
- It is equipped with spot lighting of the drilling site, which is turned on as desired.
- Equipped with a holster.
- This is a household model, therefore, with frequent and active use, the engine may burn out.
- The backlight sight may be biased.
- It is loose in the case. it makes noise during transportation.
5 Makita DF330DWLE
A screwdriver for those who prefer quality, time-tested. The best option for both domestic needs and for more active use. In the kit everything you need. from a case to a spare battery, works great both as a screwdriver and as a hammerless drill. With a Makita DF330DWLE drill, not only quality but also comfort will work.
- The presence of a removable battery (while one is working. the second is charging).
- Equipped with a flashlight.
- Power button lock function.
- Rubberized handle does not slip in the hand.
- The gears in the gearbox are plastic, making the screwdriver lighter, but inaccurate operation may require replacement.
- The cartridge shades slightly at the drilling site.
4 Bosch GSR 1440-LI 1.5Ah x2 Case
Good equipment from a reliable manufacturer. The screwdriver runs on battery power, copes with both wood and metal. Strong attachment of attachments, quick response to commands, engine brake function. this is why this model is among the top ten.
- A system is used to protect the battery from overheating, overload, and full discharge.
- Compact charger.
- All gearbox elements are metal.
- Carefully thought-out design. the product is more likely to get bored than fail.
- Holds a charge up to 8 hours.
- It is more convenient to change the nozzles using the button, rather than manually (and for this you need to free both hands).
- There is sparking in the area of the gearbox brushes (does not affect operation).
3 Hitachi DS14DCL
This screwdriver was included in the first three of our TOP-10 rating of screwdrivers in 2018. 2019 and has proven itself both as a drill and as a screwdriver. It has a reverse and electronic speed control, thoughtful ergonomics and a storage case. Smooth adjustment of the power moment, fast charging of batteries and long charge holding. all this makes Hitachi DS14DCL one of the best in its niche.
- Has an engine brake.
- Step power adjustment.
- Quality bits included.
- Often there is a Chinese, not a Japanese assembly.
- The lack of a charge indicator (to the end it turns stably powerfully, without slowing down, so the discharge comes unexpectedly).
2 DeWALT DCD771C2
High power drill / driver for the fast execution of a solid amount of work. Sophisticated design ensures durability and consistent quality. The diameter of the chuck is up to 13 mm, the maximum diameter of the drill on wood is up to 30 mm.
- High maximum torque. 42 Nm.
- Lock the power button.
- Convenient mode switches.
- The charger measures the temperature of the battery before charging and does not charge a battery that is too cold or too warm.
- The tool is massive (all parts are metal).
- Possible slight backlash of the cartridge.
- There is no battery discharge indicator.
1 Makita DDF343SHE
Quite expensive, but a standing screwdriver headed our TOP-10 2018. 2019. The Makita brand has long established itself as a manufacturer of quality tools, and the DDF343SHE model is proof of this. This is a cordless two-speed screwdriver with two rechargeable blocks in the kit. you don’t have to worry that the tool “sat down” at the wrong time. It works with large drills: when working on wood, it is compatible with drills up to 25 mm in diameter, for metal. up to 10 mm.