Disc for angle grinder to remove rust
Ads for “coral disc for angle grinder
Sanding disc Coral (125x13x22.2 mm) for angle grinder. Features of the grinding of straight and curved metal surfaces;. stripping the welds;. removing rust and scale;. Paint stripping and surface preparation for painting. Features: Designation: on metal. Diameter: 125 mm. Face diameter: 22.2. Thickness: 13 mm. Delivery: Delivery and pickup. We send orders to all Russia. Call or message me on the AVito.
The platter support with Velcro is designed for a firm grip of grinding accessories on a pile basis, such as abrasive grinding discs, felt discs, polishing discs. The platter is attached to the angle grinder and a drill with screw joint M14, drill adapter in the kit. Self-delivery from the warehouse at: Moscow, ul. Stavropolskaya d.8 oaf.3 (time to be agreed upon in advance). Shipped all over Russia by Sdek or Post. You can also buy other construction tools from us. self-lip circles with and without holes, coral discs, clt circles, roof torches, step drills, wood crowns products. in the store profile “””. Call or write a message on the AVito.
Typical disc sizes
There are two basic sizes of angle grinders on the market, popularly called “big” and “small”. In the first case, the angle grinder is equipped with discs with a maximum outer diameter of 230 millimeters, and in the second. no more than 125 millimeters.
There are a huge variety of types and models of discs for angle grinder on the market Source Prodomostroy.ru
It is important to understand that a small angle grinder can not install a disc of larger size. This should not be done for the following reasons:
- angle grinder and disc are designed so that the speed of the disc edge rotation is within safe limits. If when cutting metal, the cutting edge of the disc with a diameter of 125 mm moves at a speed of ~ 400 km/h, then the disc with a diameter of 230 mm will move at twice the normal speed of 800 km/h. In these conditions, the disc can quickly overheat and collapse.
- To install a large disk on a small angle grinder will have to remove the protective cover. With the risk of disc breakage, the operator puts himself in great danger.
There is information and markings on the surface of each disc that you must know how to decipher.ru
The typical ruler of external diameters of disks is as follows: 115, 125, 150, 180 and 230 millimeters. As for the inside diameter, it is the same for all discs and equals 22.2 mm.
There is a specific type of blade for each type of work. The main manipulations with metal performed by the angle grinder include:
Each of them should be considered in more detail.
Cutting metal is the main task of the angle grinder. Whether pipe or sheet metal. cutting discs are used to cut it. Despite the apparent simplicity of the types of cutting circles quite a lot:
- Vulcanite wheels are very elastic, so that their thickness can be as little as 0.8 mm. These discs have found application in thin and flameless cutting of thin metals where high seam quality is required. They have only one disadvantage. they can break at the slightest heat, and their life is 2-3 times lower than for cutting discs made of other materials.
- Bakelite cutting discs, on the other hand, are designed for cutting thicker metal products. Properties of the material allow them to maintain integrity at high temperatures. 200-300 ° C. Such a disc can be used to cut a rail or an I-beam. They have one disadvantage. when cutting, they are very sparky, and the temperature of sparks is high, which requires extra attention when working.
- Ceramic discs are high-tech and expensive discs. Their main advantage. long continuous work. They are not afraid of water, in contrast to disks made of other materials. Their main disadvantage is their low resistance to impulse loading. If you “bump” into anything while working with such a disk, it will almost certainly split.
- Carbide and electrocorundum discs are most popular discs in Russia. No absolute advantages, but no disadvantages either. The most versatile wheels on the market. Carbide discs are used for cutting non-ferrous and soft metals, electrocorundum discs are used for steel.
Metal cutting-off wheels for angle grinders are usually marked in blue Source Teh-VR.com
Deburring and scraping
During mechanical assembly, welding and other types of work it is necessary to clean the metal surface from oxides and other contaminants. Carrying out this work manually is a difficult and time-consuming task. Roughing and scraping discs for metal are helpful.
The skinning disc is a one-piece disc of coarse-grained material. When in contact with metal, the abrasive material quickly and efficiently strips the metal, removing oxides, oxides, grease and other ingrained impurities from its surface.
Types of discs for woodworking
The market for construction tools is expanding every year. What are the discs for angle grinder, more details below:
Some discs are designed for cutting large and small parts of wood:
Used for roughing up wood. The nozzle is solid, one-piece. Mounted only on angle grinder with two handles.
Most effective for working with wood. Used for bark stripping, trimming and sawing of tree branches, boards with small thickness (up to 4 cm). plywood, parquet, chipboard, fiberboard. Considered the safest. when jammed angle grinder, the chain stays in place, and the circle makes idle speed.
Has no teeth, but instead has segments around the circumference. Notable for its enhanced durability. not only will it cut through wood, but also metal items that happen to be there.
The safest when working with wood. Suitable for both longitudinal and cross cuts, for grooving workpieces. There are models with 3 and 4 teeth.
Different in the number of teeth, material. Small toothed discs are used for wood.
These discs are used for initial machining of wooden parts:
Used for rough machining of wood. There are models with different sizes of abrasive crumbs.
Used for smoothing various wooden surfaces. The nozzle smoothes the joint between two boards and they come together in one plane.
Intended for processing cuts of wooden workpieces. Handy for materials with beveled (angular) cuts.
Used for rough cleaning wooden surfaces from paint and varnish materials.
Another disc variant for roughing out the surface of wood.
Carries out finer woodworking work.
Grinding and polishing discs
Discs for fine surface treatment of wood:
The surface consists of trapezoidal sandpaper segments, superimposed overlapping. There are discs with different degrees of abrasiveness.
Used for polishing. Made of tightly compacted wool. There are coarse-coarse, half-coarse, and fine-coarse modifications.
The abrasive disc is glued onto its working surface.
Designed to be glued on a sanding disc, for which one side is made sticky. Differ in size of abrasive grit.
Angle grinder wheels are produced in standard sizes. Minimum size 11.5 cm. Such tool is compact, but inconvenient for big volume of works. Optimum handling and safety with 12.5 cm wheel. Angle grinder for 15 cm discs are inconvenient for woodworking and create conditions for increased injury.
When choosing a wheel, you should be guided by the labeling on the disc. its diameter, thickness, seating size, the maximum allowable speed of rotation, the useful life of the wheel and the material that can be processed with it.
If the angle grinder is mounted on a disc larger than the manufacturer provides, it is possible to exceed the speed of the cutting edge, the breakage of the wheel and maiming. In addition, a small angle grinder may not have enough power to rotate a large disc. The most dangerous thing is that the installation of a large wheel will require the removal of the protective cover, which when sawing wood can lead to injury.
Grinding discs are selected according to the nature of the work to be performed. For roughing, roughing work suitable circles with coarse abrasive, wire. The higher is the quality of grinding, the finer is the grit of abrasive material.
Convenient grinding discs with the ability to change abrasive discs of different grit size, attached to Velcro. The price of these interchangeable materials is low, but their service life is also low.
For finishing wooden products. polishing used discs of felt, compressed wool.
It is desirable to choose a cutting disk more responsibly as sawing works are characterized by increased injury.
Do not use discs designed for metal, stone or ceramic on wood. They require higher strength and higher speed to work with. Such discs can bind in wood, break and burn out.
Modern models of lathes are equipped with a standard shaft with a diameter of 22.2 mm. Older models have a different size shaft. And if the model with a smaller diameter shaft disc can be installed by using a special nozzle, then if the shaft will be a larger diameter, the installation of the circle will be impossible.
Do not skimp on the disc quality. angle grinder generates high RPM, so discs are made of high-strength, expensive material. tungsten carbide. These discs are especially sturdy and guarantee safety.
Cutting discs differ in diameter, cutting depth, shape, frequency and number of teeth:
- For cutting wood of various qualities, the alternately beveled blade is the best choice.
- Straight-toothed discs are used for soft types of wood.
- Trapezoidal toothed discs are used for medium-density chipboard, laminated material, fiberboard.
Blades can become very hot when cutting materials. Water cooling is used for metal or stone, but not for wood. Therefore, in order to prevent overheating, overexpansion and possible deformation of the disc, discs with rounded slots, through holes or filled with copper are produced.
What are the available discs for angle grinders
Angle sander actively used in professional construction and household. It provides users with a large number of advantages, but the functionality of the angle grinder is largely determined by what elements of equipment will be involved. There are a large selection of detachable bits, each differing in purpose, shape, size and material. In this article, the master plumber will tell you what are the discs for the angle grinder.
Angle grinder wheels are replaceable items. When working with different materials, it is necessary to understand their types. This will help you perform the required operation in a quality manner. The circles are classified according to the following parameters:
- By purpose;
- The type of work performed;
- By design performance;
- The type of cutting;
- The material of manufacture;
By purpose, there are nozzles for carrying out work on metal, wood, stone, concrete, marble, etc. д. Manufacturers specify the purpose in the labeling that is applied directly to the product itself. Many varieties are universal tools, suitable for processing several types of materials.
According to the type of work performed circles to the angle grinder are:
- Cut-off saws. They are designed for making cuts, roughing cuts, etc. п. The cutting disc has a cutting edge that is a solid circle or is divided into segments.
- Saws. The cutting edge has teeth. An angle grinder is used for trimming many types of wood and wood substitutes. To do the job, you need a saw blade. This type of circles is designed to perform a smooth, clean cut of solid board, plywood, parquet, drywall. It is also suitable for laminate, fiberboard, chipboard (including laminated), as well as for grooving in gas silicate.
- Roughing (grinding wheels). Such nozzles remove old paint, varnish, primer and perform grinding from the treated surface.
- Stripping. They are a kind of scraping. These include disc metal brushes. They can be used to remove rust and other stubborn dirt. Petal disc is used in processing of metal, wood, plastic, for cleaning of welding seams and burrs, removal of rust, etc. п. The petal disc for angle grinders consists of overlapping blades, held in place around the circumference, according to the flower petal principle. Varieties: face disc, packet disc, mandrel disc. The petal disc end wheel on angle grinder is suitable for work at an angle or for ordinary flat work. There are two subspecies of it. straight and tapered. The straight petal disc is needed for grinding large areas. The tapered petal disc is suitable for finishing seams, joints, etc. п. The flap disc (folded disc) is also suitable for work on large areas. Deburring discs with mandrels for angle grinders are used when working with cavities. They help achieve the greatest precision in machining.
- For cutting joints. They are used for joints in concrete, asphalt, etc. п. With these attachments, the grinder is also suitable for this work.
- Polishing tools. Such discs are used for finish polishing surfaces. These include polishing replaceable felt and felt tips for angle grinder with Velcro, as well as an emery wheel.
Discs for angle grinders are made of several different materials. Each of them has its own specific features. Types of wheels for angle grinders:
. They are made from steel, which is coated with diamond. This type of nozzle cuts and grinds any metal, concrete, artificial and natural stone (including granite and marble), ceramics, glass. Diamond saw blade for angle grinder produces the finest cut. Sawing with small cuts. A new variety of diamond bits. polishing discs on a flexible basis (“turtles”). Their surface is rippled in the shape of a turtle shell (hence the name). Flexible diamond discs are mounted on a base, a hard rubber nozzle with Velcro.
- Carbide. Circles of this type are also made of metal. They have high-carbon molybdenum steel solder around the edges with additions of chromium and nickel. They are mainly used for metal cutting, less often for wood. angle grinder is suitable for many metals. There are discs of carbide, specially designed for thin, high-carbon, stainless steel, aluminum.
- abrasive. The basis is a dense waterproof latex paper with a reinforcing mesh or fiber. A layer of abrasive material. particles of aluminum oxide, silicon carbide, tungsten carbide or corundum. is applied to it. The binding agent for the abrasive is a resin or polymer. A fibre sanding disc on angle grinder is used in combination with a support plate made of plastic or rubber. It serves as a stop and cools the abrasive. Abrasive wheels are used as cutting, scraping or scraping-off wheels. The fibre wheel is suitable for work on wood and concrete, non-ferrous metals and ferrous metals. The abrasives used are zirconate or aluminium oxide, ceramic grit. The fibre wheel is ideal for removing old paint roughly from walls, facades and other surfaces.
- Metal wire scraper. Disc brushes made of this material are used for removing rust and other hard deposits.
Economy: 1 wheel for 2 operations
One Deburr and Finish Pro wheel is for two related operations. This line of abrasives has 3 gradations of grit and 3 levels of density:
- 2S FIN is for finishing and polishing.
- 6C MED is for blending and deburring.
- 8C CRS is used for heavy deburring and light cleaning of weld seams.
These 3 Scotch Brite Deburr and Finish Pro discs are enough to replace 6 “narrow profile” discs. It’s a great way to save money.
It works quickly, efficiently and without rejects
Deburr Finish Pro is easy to work with. And they allow you to work much faster. The following advantages make this possible
- Consistently high work quality over the life of the disc due to the high aggressiveness of the silicon carbide abrasive. It is not blunted during operation, but chipped, forming new sharp edges.
- High speed of processing without additional defects due to tight adhesion of the wheel to the surface. This is ensured by a special, nylon base. It has exceptional wear resistance. Forms a firm but sufficiently strong base. Does not create enough pressure for the abrasive grains to form a defect or defect.
- Complete control over the degree of processing. It is facilitated by the absence of excessive vibration.
3M company periodically tests its products to confirm its advantages over competitors, and use objective data in promotional materials.
Scotch Brite Deburr and Finish Pro abrasive wheels were also tested. Tested for deburring and compared with similar products on the US market.
Testing has shown that Scotch Brite Deburr and Finish Pro removes burrs 30-50% faster and lasts up to 3 times longer than similar products.
Paint stripping with an angle grinder
Using an angle grinder, you can quickly remove old paint layers. This is probably the most popular option for removing paint from metal. This requires special nozzles. metal brushes. They can be of several types:
The nozzles also differ in the type of fixing. They can be attached by a special washer or be threaded.
Depending on the thickness of the coating to be removed, the stiffness of the brush must be selected. Nozzles made of rigid wire can quickly remove thick paint layers from metal surfaces.
In addition, you can also use paddle sanding discs or a fibre sanding disc. The choice depends on the amount of work and thickness of layers of coating. In any case, a full-fledged scraping of a large sheet with an angle grinder, hard and dusty work.
Scraping walls with a diamond cup
One of the most difficult and critical tasks in the dismantling process is the cleaning of walls and ceilings. their preparation for finishing work. We will talk about cleaning the concrete base from plaster, putty, paint, and stuffed with it “bumps”.
First cleanup of the walls from putty, paint was carried out by soaking the coating and remove by hand with a spatula. Besides loss of time, inefficient manual labor and blisters, this method did not give anything more.
There are videos on YouTube, where craftsmen show their work on manual cleaning of surfaces from old coatings. so, these videos about ineffective labor.
Below you can see a video of how the walls were cleaned of plaster and putty residue with a Bosch GBR 15 CA concrete sanding machine and a Bosch Expert for Abrasive cup for 3,500
How the cutting process works?
For good cutting it is necessary that the edges of the disc rotate at the necessary speed when moving. The wheel will not cut well if the speed is less than the set speed. All disks are designed for certain speeds, if they are exceeded, there is a danger of excessive vibration. Circle will simply break away.
The speeds for different diameters are also different. Smaller diameters will rotate at higher speeds.
The table below shows the relationship between cutting speed and disc diameter
|no. n/a||disc diameter||RPM|
|1||Small diameter. 115 or 125 mm.||10000-11000|
|2||Average diameter. 150 or 180mm.||8500|
|3||Large diameter. 230 mm.||to 6650|
This frequency was not chosen by chance. Laboratory tests show that the linear speed of the edge of the wheel should be less than 80 m/s. Otherwise, the disc can fall apart, leading to serious consequences. It is necessary to monitor very carefully the speed of the angle grinder and the disc put on it.
But since the rotation speed of 115 and 125 is the same, you can put a smaller 115-diameter disc on the angle grinder with a 125 bore. On the grinder with a diameter of 180 you can put a wheel with a diameter of 150.
Based on the foregoing, you can not put on a small angle grinder worn-out circles with a large angle grinder, although the cover will not be removed, but since the frequency of rotation of the big wheel is less, and the most angle grinder more, the destruction of the disk will happen.
How to put a disk on the angle grinder correctly?
To place the disk correctly on the angle grinder, it is first necessary to note that the disk is installed on the spindle of the angle grinder with a special clamping flange with M14 thread. Let’s take a closer look at how to remove the disk with an angle grinder. In order to unscrew the disk from the angle grinder, you must first remove the flange. Especially for such purposes, the manufacturers complete the angle grinder special carving wrench. It has a specific shape. The pins on the horns of this spanner are inserted into the holes on the flange.
To unscrew the flange lock the spindle. To do this clamp the locking device, which is usually a button on top of the housing. When pressed, the cotter pin is placed in the hole in the gear reducer disk, and this, in turn, prevents it from rotating. Next, you need to insert the pins of the wrench in the specially provided holes in the flange, press the lock to simultaneously turn counterclockwise and displace the flange from its place. If the manipulation was successful and the flange succumbed, you can unscrew it by hand and put aside.
Now remove the disc. Often, during intensive work with the tool, a certain plaque of small metal particles and abrasive material builds up on the inner side of the blade guard. For optimal, stable and durable operation of the angle grinder, remove the lower part of the flange and clean the guard with a steel brush.
Problems during operation
It is very simple to extend the life of the disc, just run it idle for a while, i.e.е. through the air. Incoming air currents will cool down the wheel and relieve some thermal stresses between the working area and the center.
The most frequent problem encountered while working with angle grinder discs is a rapid wear of their working area. This is mainly due to improper tool selection, increased feed rates (pressure) or the general condition of the drive of the angle grinder. When there is “runout” in it, the life of the wheel is reduced lightning fast, and in some situations, relevant to large amplitude vibrations, it may even be destroyed. To avoid this, the wheel should be used at the recommended speed and pressure should be kept as low as possible and any irregularities should be corrected immediately.
If the scraping segments are wearing out more quickly, it is best to simply replace the disc. it is probably not well suited to the material being worked. If the right tooling is used but the abrasion still occurs prematurely, it should be cooled down more frequently, because it can overheat after a long period of use. A clear sign of overheating is a disc disc disc disc disc disc discoloration resulting in a blue tint.
Wheels should be replaced immediately if there are obvious splits on the surface of the wheel. The reason for this may be the work with non-core materials or a high working intensity. Often such defects are manifested during working misalignments. Thus, it is desirable to stop the machine from time to time during work.
Diamond disc operation is prohibited, if the “angle grinder” has a radial or lateral run-out or unequal rotation or unauthorized reduction/increase in speed. In these circumstances, the machine should be repaired or it is better to use a new.
Increase the life of the discs by following a few simple rules:
- It is necessary to use discs with a large diameter, as in this case the total load on the surface will be reduced;
- Angle grinder should be powerful, which will ensure the stability of the issued revolutions;
- It is necessary to correctly select the wheel in accordance with the material to be processed;
- The permissible rpm should not be exceeded.
Ranking of the best grinding wheels for angle grinders for 2022
Lower price segment
The standard disc, made by cup technology, is designed to remove various coatings from hard surfaces. Diameter for mounting corresponds to the nut M14. The grit is fully adapted for the stated type of work and is coarse. Dimensions. 60x110x55 mm in weight of 800 grams. Home of the brand. Slovenia. Recommended retail