Dismantling the Stihl Ms 180 Chainsaw
The Stihl chainsaw, namely the model MS 180, is used mainly for logging and various construction works. Such equipment is used very often due to a large list of functions and capabilities. The main feature of such a model is reduced vibration, which is very important. Naturally, in the process of operation, the chainsaw may fail, which means that it will be necessary to repair it.
A feature of the Stihl chainsaw carburetor is the presence of one screw, which is responsible for setting the idle speed. In the process of using equipment, you should always pay attention to idle speed. To adjust this, a few simple steps will help: checking the air filter, as well as the spark protection grille.
It is worth noting that repairing the Stihl chainsaw carburetor is considered a time-consuming process. If for some reason it stopped turning on, you must do the following:
- open the gas tank cap and then close it;
- remove and dry the candle;
- ventilate the combustion chamber.
If such actions are unsuccessful, pay attention to the air filter of fuel supply and the functioning of the spark plug. If, in your opinion, the problem was caused by a malfunction of the carburetor, then a chainsaw purchased with a guarantee is best to immediately return to the service. This is because disassembling it yourself is quite difficult.
Ignition System Check
For various equipment breakdowns, it is always necessary pay attention to the spark plug. To do this, neatly connect the wires, and then turn the element out using the appropriate key. Then you need to evaluate the condition of the candle.
- If it is dry, then this indicates a lack of fuel in the cylinder. Accordingly, the problem is not related to the candle.
- In the case when such an element is splashed with fuel, it is worth making sure that the carburetor is started correctly. The same applies to adjustment. The candle itself is gently wiped, and then the gas supply is shut off and the starter is started. This will help get rid of excess fuel and at the same time ventilate the combustion chamber. After that, the candle is screwed into place and the mechanism is again started.
- If black carbon is visible on this element, then, most likely, low-quality oil was used in the process of using the Stihl chainsaw. Also, the cause may be an incorrect fuel-oil ratio or incorrect carburetor adjustment. In this situation, the candle is carefully washed, then remove the soot with a sharp knife or needle and wipe the electrodes. In the process of checking the candles, it is important to make sure that the distance between the electrodes is not more than 0.5-0.65 mm.
Video: Dismantling the Stihl Ms 180 Chainsaw
As mentioned earlier, when viewed from a candle you can notice black soot. In this case, experienced craftsmen recommend checking if a spark occurs. For this purpose, the ignition cable is fixed on the candle, after which the nut and cylinder are connected using pliers. Then it remains to start the chainsaw starter. If the spark does not occur, you will have to replace the spark plug. In a situation where the use of a new element is also inconclusive, it is necessary to check the high-voltage wires and the connection to the candle.
Repairing the fuel system
During the operation of the Stihl chainsaw, some people complain that fuel stops entering the cylinder. A similar problem can occur due to several reasons.
- The filter is dirty. In this case, remove the hose and pay attention to the fuel stream. The filter itself is carefully cleaned or replaced with a new one. For preventive purposes, it is recommended to replace this element every 3-4 months.
- Clogged breather. Disconnecting the hose will help ensure that the cause of the malfunction is precisely this. If a blockage is found, use a needle or other small sharp object.
- Lack of fuel or lack of fuel. This occurs due to a clogged filter. Separately, it is worth mentioning the incorrectly adjusted carburetor of the chainsaw. To eliminate the malfunction, it is recommended to perform the adjustment again using the appropriate screw.
To ensure that fuel always enters the cylinder, clean and replace the fuel filter periodically. You also need to make sure that the hose with the drive fits snugly, and the membrane is not damaged.
It is worth noting that for the proper functioning of the Stihl chainsaw, you need to choose high-quality fuel. At the same time, its quantity must comply with the norm recommended by the manufacturer.
Chainsaw Stihl MC 180. fairly simple unit. Despite this, equipment repair often causes many difficulties, because one malfunction can occur due to a large list of reasons. Accordingly, before you decide to start the repair, accurately diagnose the breakdown.