DIY reverse gear on Tiller Neva
Adapters for Tiller “Neva”: characteristics and application features
- Features of the
- Units with a rudder
- Front adapter for motor vehicles
- How to make an adapter for the Neva tiller?
- Step by step guide
- Universal device
Caring for farmland requires incredible physical effort, and therefore, you cannot do without auxiliary equipment. By means of tillers, absolutely all work in the agricultural direction can be significantly simplified, since the multifunctionality of motor vehicles is truly impressive. In addition to plowing, hilling, lawn maintenance, cargo transportation and winter work, the above unit is capable of playing the role of a vehicle. This becomes possible exclusively due to a specialized adapter for motor vehicles.
How to make an adapter for the Neva tiller?
It should be noted that in total there are 3 types of adapters: standard, with steering and front. Let’s look at the features of each type of construction.
Front adapter for motor vehicles
This device is very similar to the one described above, however, the hitch is located at the rear. The structure is so simple that it can be easily disassembled and transported without much effort. Often specialized wheels are mounted on the front adapter to increase productivity.
To create a universal adapter, you will need:
- sheet iron;
- 2 wheels;
- welding unit.
The described mechanism is practiced for the implementation of basic agricultural work and cargo transportation. The manufactured device can be equipped with a grubber, a harrow, a plow. Universal adapter includes frame, hitch, wheels and seat.
To achieve the stability of the structure and prevent overloads, a graphic display of the working units and blocks of the adaptation mechanism is initially developed. When creating a design, the fork and hub require special attention. This device provides unhindered rotation of the cart. The frame is welded from corners and an iron pipe. The body can be built from sheet iron. Along with this, the sides in height must be higher than 30 centimeters.
The hitch is presented in the form of a rod (15 centimeters in size) installed in the hole in the trailer hitch. The disadvantage of such a system is quick breakdown. In order to reduce wear, it is advisable to increase the coupling. The next step is to install the seat. The frame is spaced 80 cm from the front end. Then the seat is fixed with bolts. The next step is to test the functionality of the manufactured device.
These modifications include the basic frame structure on which the required components are based, the driver’s seat, the wheelbase, the axles, the coupling device (clutch) of the unit with the adapter. Roughly speaking, the indicated design can not hesitate to be called an ordinary cart with a comfortable seat adjacent to the tiller.
Homemade reversing gear. From old motorcycle gear
In addition, the possibility of additional aggregation with all kinds of mounted-type equipment is not excluded, which will increase the practicality of the mechanism. Nowadays, you can purchase an adapter or create it on your own with special departments for placing compact additional items.
Several types of adapters are in great demand.
- Sample “AM-2” for performing all kinds of agricultural work in summer cottages. The presence of a specialized frame and a device for hanging tools makes it possible to realize a comfortable and easy use. A convenient swivel mechanism allows you to freely carry motor vehicles around the site. The dimensions of the adapter are 160x75x127 centimeters with a weight of 55 kilograms and a working speed of no more than 3 km / h.
- Sample “APM-350-1” can be used as a seat for traveling short distances or for auxiliary attachments: a plow, 2 hillers, a potato planter and a potato digger. The connection is made by a frame with 2 SU-4 locks. The series is equipped with a pedal for the attachment and a changeover lever. The adapter parameters are equal to 160×70 centimeters at a working speed in the range of 2-5 km / h.
- The front adapter “KTZ-03” is distinguished by the hitch located behind. The rear fixation option is quite comfortable. This device is completely collapsible, which makes it possible to seriously facilitate subsequent transportation.
The main task of the gearbox is to transfer torque from the motor to the shaft. The transmission of motion is carried out using a V-belt transmission. You can learn more about the device and repair of the gearbox of the Krot motor-cultivator by watching the video.
Video review of replacing the engine on the Lifan 168 F-2 with the Mole cultivator
Do-it-yourself reverse gear for a motor-cultivator mole
What is a carburetor and what is it for adjusting? A carburetor is a small device designed for the production of a fuel-air mixture. This mixture with the help of a piston and a spark plug will be compressed and ignited as much as possible, the engine will start and further work.
Carburetor adjustment must be carried out after the first working season.
Carburettor adjustment is one of the mandatory items included in the “maintenance” section of the unit. Thanks to timely inspection and repair, the operating life of the cultivator will increase. In addition, inspection and adjustment is necessary even when the engine roared violently for no apparent reason.
Before proceeding with the adjustment, it is necessary to familiarize ourselves with the device of the carburetor of the “Mole” cultivator:
So, to debug the fuel supply and ensure the required speed, you need to turn to two screws: the number of revolutions (in the figure) and the quality of the fuel (figure). With the help of these two screws, we adjust the fuel supply to the carburetor of the “Krot” motor-cultivator at idle speed. It is necessary to act very carefully, you should first check the state of the ignition.
Important! Thoroughly clean the carburetor where necessary. clean, wash where necessary. change parts. Then the Mole cultivator will serve you for a very long time.
The owners of the machine are often interested in how to start the Mole cultivator after winter. The reason for the lack of ignition is condensation in the carburetor that has accumulated during idle times at change temperatures. Complete disassembly of the device with further cleaning will help to solve this problem. All kinds of additives present in low-quality fuel and dust seeping through the filter will also not contribute to the operation of the device.
The “Mole” motor-cultivator appeared in the early 80s of the last century and immediately gained popularity among rural residents and owners of summer cottages. This is not surprising, because with the help of this agricultural technique, mechanized soil cultivation, as well as planting, care and harvesting, became possible.
For more than 30 years of its existence, “Mole” has been modified more than once. Its parts such as the engine, gearbox, handles, cutters, as well as other equipment (including attachments) were perfected. Having gone through the difficult path of improvements, we no longer received the original motor-cultivator, which has some limitations in its work, but a multifunctional motorized device, with which it is possible to carry out the following field work without much difficulty:
- plowing the soil;
- cutting of beds;
- planting potatoes;
- hilling plants;
- weeding of plants from weeds;
- mechanized harvesting of potatoes;
- transportation of bulk and piece cargo;
- snow removal.
In order to complete all the listed work, it is necessary to acquire the appropriate tools. You can find out in more detail in the article about attachments for the Krot motor-cultivator on our website.
No matter how powerful your unit is, no matter how you care for it, sometimes it still requires repair. the engine does not start, the engine heats up or some other malfunction. To know how to repair a cultivator, you need to understand its structure.
In the Soviet Union, only two-stroke single-piston engines of domestic production were used, which did not differ in special power. Today you can find “Mole” with a four-stroke imported engine. But if you still have the first cultivator model in your arsenal, then it is not difficult to upgrade your “Mole” by replacing the motor.
And then a new question arises: which engine is better to install on the unit? It’s easy to answer. those models that are installed in newer cars will do.
It is best to replace a domestic engine with an imported one:
Any of them will not only give the motor cultivator a new life, but also significantly increase the power and resource of the unit.
An excellent solution would be to install a Lifan engine on a Mole cultivator. Such a motor provides the car with a long life, because in addition to reliability and efficiency, Lifans are also distinguished by their unpretentiousness and will definitely not require additional attention to themselves.
What does maintenance involve? This is a series of measures that ensure the correct operation and proper storage of equipment. Maintenance of the Krot cultivator is understood as the following work:
- the control;
- the control;
- adjustment of all units and systems
Such work must be done as often as possible, especially if you have to work in adverse conditions.
Before starting the cultivator motor, it is necessary to check the presence of fuel, oil, etc. It is necessary to fill the mixture to a certain level; if necessary, it is necessary to change the fuel and oil. For cultivators, Autol (M-8V) oil is used, which has proven itself even during the Soviet Union.
If it is difficult to get it, then you can use analogs:
- 10W-30 (do not use at temperatures above 27 degrees);
- SAE 30 (do not use at temperatures below 4 degrees).
Adjustment work involves adjusting the clutch, reverse, carburetor, spark, etc.
Cleaning work includes cleaning the filter, working surfaces, housing and all clogged parts on the surface of the Mole cultivator. In the event of malfunctions, or for preventive purposes (less often), it is necessary to clean the inside of the machine.
Before putting any part in its original place, make sure that it is in good working order.
The installation or replacement of any attachment must be carried out with the engine completely turned off. In preparation for long-term storage, the cultivator requires conservation. To do this, it is necessary to prepare the engine in a certain way (see the instructions), then clean (rinse) and dry all the outer parts of the “Mole”, wipe them with a cloth and dry well. After that, you need to lubricate all accessible places of the cultivator with grease. The machine is now ready for a long rest.
Does not start
So, what to do if the “Mole” does not start, what may be the reasons. Junk, or there is no ignition at all in the following cases:
Changing the engine oil
The manufacturer recommends using such well-known brands of engine oil for the tiller as LUKOIL. SAE 10W30 API SF / CC standard, as well as RAVENOL SAE 30 API CD / SF.
At temperatures above 4 degrees Celsius, using thickened oils (for example, grade 10W30) will lead to increased consumption of this type of fuel, therefore, in the cold season, it is recommended to check the oil level in the engine more often, not allowing its mark to drop below normal.
The oil change is carried out after the tiller has recently been in operation, while the engine has not yet completely cooled down. It should be warm, but not hot. The remaining oil is completely drained from the tank, and then a new one is added until the oil level reaches a special mark. The drain plug is then screwed on tightly and wiped dry.
Basic rules for setting ignition
Checking and setting the ignition on the Neva MB-2 tiller is carried out according to the following principle:
- the candle is turned inside out, the electrodes are wiped dry, then carbon deposits are removed;
- a gap is measured and set between the electrodes;
- the candle body is fixed to the cylinder head;
- the crankshaft is scrolled up to 4 times (a starting cord is used for scrolling);
- if the ignition is correct, a blue-white spark should be struck. Its absence or yellow color speaks of a malfunction.
Next, you should check the condition of the flywheel and stator and the size of the gap between them (the norm is from 0.10 to 0.15 mm).
The gap is increased, if necessary, with a feeler gauge. As an auxiliary tool in the absence of a probe, you can use a four-fold A4 sheet or a razor blade. If the clearance between the flywheel and the stator is normal, the ignition will work properly.
Adjustment and tuning of the carburetor Neva MB-2
The functionality and durability of the tiller engine depend on the stable operation of the carburetor. This is why adjusting and tuning it is so important. In addition, if the carburetor is incorrectly adjusted, the gasoline tiller may have increased fuel consumption.
The carburetor of the Neva MB-2 Tiller is adjusted as follows:
- Full throttle and low throttle screw is unscrewed to the limit.
- Both screws are unscrewed 1-1.5 turns.
- Next is starting and warming up the motor.
- The throttle control lever is set to the position at which the engine will operate at minimum speed.
- Set the minimum idle speed until stable operation of the unit.
- Idling speed is set to maximum.
- The minimum idle speed is being corrected.
- Steps 6 and 7 are performed until the engine runs smoothly (smoother by ear) at idle speed.
For long-term and trouble-free operation of the tiller, it is necessary to regularly carry out diagnostics of the engine operation, monitor the frequency of oil changes, as well as observe the operating conditions and time intervals of scheduled maintenance.
First start-up and running-in of Tiller Neva MB-2
The first start-up must be done according to the following scheme:
reverse go kar casero
The break-in period is the first 20 hours of tiller operation, after which the oil must be changed. During this period, the most important:
- do not run at full throttle;
- work only on pre-prepared soils (not virgin soil);
- for cultivation, use only the number of cutters that is included in the kit;
- tiller “Neva” MB-2 during the running-in period can be loaded only at ¾ of the power;
- shifting gears in the gearbox can only be done when the rotation of the drive pulley is completely stopped;
after the first 20 hours of operation after the first start, change the oil in the engine.
Replacing the gearbox oil seals
Replacement of oil seals in the Neva MB-2 tiller is carried out in case of oil leakage.
Such a condition is dangerous because the tiller gearbox may remain without oil, and this will lead to rapid wear of the unit.
The sequence for replacing the oil seals is as follows:
- Remove the cutters from the shaft, cleaning the shaft and covers from dirt and oil residues.
- Unscrew the cover bolts, knocking oil and debris off it, remove the cover from the gearbox.
- The old oil seal is replaced with a new one, wiped dry.
- The cover is returned to its place (if necessary, it is placed on the sealant) and fixed with bolts.
Checking and adjusting the clutch of the tiller Neva MB-2
The main function of the clutch is to connect the gearbox to the engine, disconnect it, as well as connect other working devices to the engine. If an overload occurs during operation, the clutch begins to slip. this is how other parts of the tiller are protected from breakage.
Checking the clutch operation can be carried out according to the scheme below.
If the clutch lever is in the OFF position, the clutch cable is loose. Consequently, the idler pulley goes down and comes into contact with the drive belt. Then the drive belt and the small roller move to the lowered position. this is how the power supply from the engine to the transmission stops.
When the clutch lever is in the on position, the clutch cable tightens the tension roller, so the lower part of the belt is tightly pressed, the small pulley drives the large pulley and power is transferred.
Adjustment or adjustment of the Neva MB-2 tiller clutch is performed as follows:
- if the clutch lever is engaged, it will raise the idler pulley, driving the tiller. Correct position. parallel V-belts on either side of the engine pulley.
- if the clutch lever is loose, the idler roller will lower and disengage the clutch. To avoid disengaging the clutch, and hence slipping the tiller, you need to monitor the position of the V-belts, bringing them to a parallel position.