Do I need to sharpen a new lawn mower knife
The sharpening angle is just as important as maintaining the center of the knife. Ideally, it is 30 degrees. Too small an angle will turn the knife into a kind of razor blade, magnified dozens of times and dull at the very first cutting of weeds or cutting bushes.
Too large. would rather hit and break plants than cut them.
Blade balancing. checking the identity of the masses of the cutter halves. The check is carried out according to the following scheme:
- the knife is put on a screwdriver, a pin or a nail with a large head that will prevent the cutter from falling;
- the cutter rises to a small height;
- the product is inspected from all sides for a shift in balance.
If the knife is at rest horizontally, the balance is correct. Rejected. you need to sharpen it a little to remove the advantage. Excess layers are removed gradually. The knife is periodically checked for skewing. as soon as it lies horizontally, the sharpening is stopped.
Taking out descents
Removing even and clear descents on a knife is half the success when restoring the original point.
On the mower blades, the predominantly “single slope” descent is used. Too “steep” descent (30-60 degrees). as well as too “gentle” (less than 30 degrees) will lead to a rapid blunting of the point, a rapid loss of its cutting properties. On the cross-section of the knife, the start of the cutting edge should not be crooked. Smooth slope, in contrast to rounded, is much more resistant to dirt and easier to clean.
Experienced craftsmen also grind a freshly sharpened knife.
- Instead of a sharpening stone or emery wheel, install a felt wheel on the motor shaft.
- Turn on the engine and apply a little GOI grinding paste to the wheel, lightly pressing a piece of the compound against the rotating wheel. Make it evenly layer on the circle.
- Press the torch to be machined against the revolving wheel and move the sharpened point in any direction. Do not allow the point to turn towards the fibers of the circle (do not sharpen “against the grain”). this can spoil the circle itself, and provoke injury.
- If the surface of the circle begins to blacken from the metal powder being removed, apply a little more paste on it and continue processing.
Do not overheat the knife. the material of the sharp edge will dull it, make the point uneven.
How to sharpen a lawn mower knife?
- Required inventory
- The ways
- Angle selection
- Phased execution
- Do I need to sharpen a knife after purchase?
It is also possible to mow the mechanical slanting grass on the site with the help of a blunt knife. But rough cutting of the grass with a mower will spoil the appearance of the lawn: it will delaminate in the longitudinal direction. The resulting fringe will be an “callous” look for several weeks. To ensure that the lawn is completely level and completely level, it is recommended to check the lawn mower blade at least once a month. and, if necessary, sharpen it.
First of all, it is recommended to remove the knife from the mower.
It is unsafe to lift the machine itself onto a car overpass, drive it into a ditch or hang the mower without removing the knife. It may start when you accidentally press or touch the start button, pull on the starter cord, or the device is not fully functional.
- The manual way to sharpen the blades of a knife is to use a sharpening stone and sandpaper without any motors and machines. Aligning a serrated and broken blade with a hammer or sledgehammer is carried out on an anvil, rail or black bar.
- The mechanized method, although it is complemented by “blacksmithing” processing, requires sharpening on an angle grinder, sawing machine or drill. The last two options require a special attachment on which the grinding disc is put on.
The mower knife sharpens evenly and along the entire length of (each) point. To prevent the ball bearings of the motor or gearbox from breaking, centering the knife is best done by a turner on the machine. But even without a lathe, the result will be quite decent.
Cleaning and straightening
After removing the knife, clean it of dried grass residues and dirt. There is no need to clean it up to a metallic sheen. But there should be nothing extraneous on the blades themselves.
If the knife is serrated and bent, it must be straightened.
Straightening is carried out using a hammer and an iron bar or a piece of rail that serves as an anvil. When, when leveling the knife, new breaks and cracks appear, it is useless to restore such a point. If, after leveling, the cracks are small, grind off the cracked strip of steel until the knife blade is completely flat.
How to sharpen a lawn mower knife?
How to sharpen a lawn mower knife yourself? Sharpening of knives for lawn mowers is quite within the power of most owners of these devices necessary in a summer cottage.
- 19mm open-end or socket wrench
- Coarse and small files
Lay down or (if large) gently tilt the mower on its side. Put on gloves, grab a brush, and gently clean the area around the knife to remove clippings and debris. If the knife is dull, it must be removed. Unscrew the bolt that secures the knife with a socket or open-end wrench. The bolt is located in the middle of the knife. The knife is a metal bar about 50cm long and about 2.5mm thick.
How to sharpen a lawn mower knife? It would be nice to clamp it in a vice and file it. In reality, often only an abrasive wheel or a bar for sharpening knives is at hand. Note that the cutting surface of the knife is hardened, so your impact should be minimal. It is necessary to process with a bar or a small file only the really damaged edge of the surface. If the knife is bent, place it on a massive, obviously flat surface (a piece of railroad track, for example) and straighten it with a hammer. Remove large burrs with a file, then work the blunt fragments with a bar starting from the center of the knife and moving towards the edge. The movement of the bar should be “away from you”. Have you ever seen how a scythe is sharpened? This is approximately how you should act.
When finished, put the knife back in place and tighten with the bolt. Excessive efforts at the same time to nothing, subsequently you will have to unscrew it more than once. Lawn mower knives are usually sharpened in early spring before the first mowing. In the future, if you are cutting grass on an area of about 2-3 acres (200-300 sq. M.) During the season, you do not need to perform any actions with the knife.
You can also use the currently widely used electric grinders, but be careful when using them! With the help of such a machine, you can very easily grind off too much metal and thereby spoil the knife irrevocably. Practice first with kitchen knives, old scissors, or steel strips to get a feel for the force that needs to be applied to the part while sharpening. A knife that is heated during sharpening must be periodically lowered into water, this will harden it a little, in addition, a wet grinding wheel removes excess heat, preventing the workpiece from being overheated.
Sandpaper will help you quickly and easily sharpen the sander blade and grill surface. This will require:
- several sheets of sandpaper with different grains (it is recommended to use P120, P150 and P180);
- for sharpening parts, it is necessary to prepare a flat and even surface (you can use ceramic tiles or a table surface);
- container with water.
Never Sharpen Your Mower Blades Again! DID THEY WORK?
How to sharpen a knife for a sander with your own hands
Almost every home has an electric assistant who will quickly grind meat into minced meat of any consistency, help squeeze juice, prepare original cookies or homemade noodles, pasta, and some craftsmen make meat delicacies. In the process of operation, there comes a moment when the question arises of how to properly sharpen a knife for a grinder. What needs to be done for this. we will tell you in our article.
Before you sharpen the knives for a grinder yourself at home, you need to study their principle of operation, otherwise it will be difficult to achieve a positive result. A movable cutting tool always works in tandem with a fixed grid, which has holes along the entire plane, and they need to be sharpened together. This part rotates with the auger and four blades begin to grind the product, which, under pressure, penetrates through the holes. In this way, a difference in grinding is achieved, since several grate options are used: with small or larger perforations.
When sharpening, you need to pay attention to each edge of the blades so that they have a sharp edge of the cutting edge.
First, you need to prepare all the necessary materials in order to perform the entire process with high quality and comply with the basic rules.
- Check the surface on which you will sharpen the knives using a thick metal ruler. attach with the end and make sure there is no gap. Put the paper or circle on the table, fix it firmly. It is better to put a piece of plexiglass under the sandpaper for better horizontality.
- At the beginning of the work, lubricate the blades and the polished surface of the grate with sunflower oil and leave for a few minutes. The surfaces to be sharpened should also be lubricated for better contact and the formation of a kind of abrasive paste that protects the knives from small scratches. When sharpening on a special water grinding wheel, moisten it with water, not oil.
- After sharpening a four-blade knife, it is necessary to sharpen the grating, the edges of its perforations also wear out during operation.
That’s all the recommendations on how to sharpen a knife and grinder grate at home. In the instructions for each model, different manufacturers call them movable or stationary cutting tools.
Leveling the surface of the lattice
This procedure will help eliminate several problems at once. Sharpening the grate will allow the knife to fit closer to it. In addition, when leveling the surface, the through holes sharpen, as a result, the sander begins to work much more efficiently.
Grill processing is carried out in much the same way as knife sharpening.
- Sandpaper with the P120 marking is taken, moistened with water and laid on a flat surface.
- The grille is sanded with sandpaper. The part is pressed against the abrasive surface and ground in a circular motion.
- In order not to overdo it with sharpening, it is recommended to regularly check the surface to be treated.
- Then perform this procedure using sandpaper with a smaller fraction.
- To make the grille last longer, it is recommended to process it on both sides.
After that, it remains only to assemble the grinder. If everything is done correctly, then the knife after sharpening will perfectly cut the meat, and not wind it. The updated grille will help him with this. However, it is not always possible to restore the cutting edges with the help of only sandpaper. If the parts are used for too long, then they can simply wear out, cracks and dents appear on them. In this case, it is necessary to resort to other sharpening methods. Experienced experts recommend using a grinding wheel or sharpening machine.
How often do you need to sharpen knives?
The frequency of sharpening knives primarily depends on how often the grinder is used, how many products it scrolls. If used every few days, the knives will be sharp for about two months. Of course, initially new blades will last about twice as long. However, then, regardless of the quality, they will be blunt. Therefore, they will definitely need sharpening.
Remember! An excellently sharpened cutting tool saves time using the device, if it is of a manual type, then your strength, and if it is electric, it will consume electricity.
Determining when it’s time to sharpen your knives is pretty easy. First, the meat will be much harder to pass through the wire rack. Secondly, you will hear how the screws are idling during operation. All this suggests that it is time to sharpen the knives. To do this, you need to disassemble the grinder, rinse it thoroughly and dry it. When the device is dry, you can start sharpening the knives. For the sander to work even better, it is recommended to sharpen the grille immediately. If a surface grinder is available, it is easiest to use it. Otherwise, you can consider other ways of sharpening.
If the knife has already been used for a long time, then it must be sharpened. This will improve the performance of the sander. This procedure should be performed sequentially.
- First, take a sheet of sandpaper with the largest grain size. It is moistened with water and laid on a flat surface.
- The knife is pressed against the surface of the sandpaper with the cutting side.
- After that, the part is driven in a circular motion on sandpaper. Check the condition of the cutting surfaces periodically.
- If done correctly, the knife should have a smooth, shiny surface. Do not worry about small scratches. they appear as a result of the action of an abrasive.
- To make the cutting surfaces smooth, the knife is sanded in the same way using P150, P180 sandpaper. This will get rid of all scratches.
Sharpening with a grinding wheel
Abrasive wheels for sharpening knives and grinder grates
The grille is sharpened in the same way. Only now it is put into place, and the abrasive wheel replaces the knife. The difference is that when sharpening the grate, the grinder handle can be rotated both clockwise and counterclockwise.
Advice! If you use these two sharpening methods at once, you can achieve the maximum effect. To do this, you first need to grind the knives and grate with a grinding wheel, and then use sandpaper to smooth out the parts for a perfect shine. In this case, it is better to use P400 grit sandpaper.
If there is a grinder
This is the most convenient way to sharpen knives, but it is not suitable for everyone: if you do not have the skill to work with such a device, then only sharpen manually. How to sharpen a knife for a grinder on such a machine? We use the side smooth surface of the grinding wheel, on which we first apply a special paste with a fine abrasive, after it dries, everything is ready to work. Press the Start button and carefully press the part to the side surface. During sharpening, it is necessary to visually check the quality, giving the metal time to cool down, so that in no case does it burn to a tarnished color. the characteristic color of an overheated metal surface.
We perform the same actions with the lattice, only in this case it is better to use a wooden clamp so as not to injure your fingers. The technique is identical to the sharpening of a four-blade knife.
This option has negative sides:
- such a sharpening can only be done by experienced home craftsmen with solid experience;
- a beginner will surely ruin such important details;
- a household grinder is an expensive pleasure, unless you made it out of available tools.
To help users, we attach a video that shows in detail how to sharpen knives correctly for your grinder:
For those who want unique accuracy and correctness of sharpening, we offer a rather original method that one home master came up with:
Sharpening of cutting elements is organized as required. Many people ask the question: “Does a new knife need sharpening?” The answer is no. These elements are sharpened at the factory. After purchasing garden equipment, you can use it without additional work to remove and sharpen the blades.
There are two ways to sharpen the cutting element of a lawn mower:
- Machine tool.
Sharpening a lawn mower knife from Lenfilm studio
We tried our best. If you are not very happy, then take a look at our website. There we sorted out the “flights” in detail.
How to remove a knife and make a new one for a lawn mower with your own hands
Cutting elements in lawn mowers are important components that require special care. Over time, the blades deteriorate. In this case, they are supposed to be sharpened or replaced. Before removing the knife from the mower, the owner of the site must perform actions that will protect him during work.
Reasons for removing the knife
Common reasons for removing or replacing a cutting element are as follows:
- The knife is dull;
- The element is bent and deformed;
- Chips and cracks are visible on the knife;
- The blade has worn off and thinned.
When the knife is dull, bent or deformed, the lawn looks untidy after mowing. Competent sharpening will correct the situation.
Professionals advise to carry out the procedure once a year. It is better to do this in the spring, before starting work. If the cutting elements become blunt faster, then sharpen them more often.
If chips, cracks are visible on the blades, or it has sharply worn off and become thin, then replacement is necessary in this case. There is no point in sharpening such a tool. In addition, the blade can break at any time and fly out from under the machine body, injuring people or animals that are nearby. Such a device can also damage the engine. It is allowed to change an element to a similar model. The characteristics of the knife are indicated in the instructions.
Bosch Rotak 37 LI how to change the blade on a lawn mower
Bosch Rotak 37 LI how to change the blade on a lawn mower.
Tatyana65, I have a Honda lawn mower, it is now in its fourth year. A detailed annotation on sharpening the knife is attached to it. larix wrote everything correctly. Although it is safer and more convenient to remove the knife, which, by the way, is attached with 2 bolts. Check balancing by “hanging” on a screwdriver.
Naturally, you should not, according to your ability, run into pebbles and other objects. this greatly spoils the knife.
I always sharpen knives myself. the service centers are far away, and the sharpener is nearby. In the previous relatively low-power electronic mower, it was often necessary to sharpen, otherwise the edges of the grass were shaggy. The stronger petrol one was sharpened once a season. it is evident that it takes “pressure”. The first time it was very difficult to remove the knife. it sticks to something, but the spouse only from the third call of the special. unscrewed with a key. And on electronic I was controlled with pliers without problems.
I took a spare knife at the Lawnmower, but my husband took off the old one and sharpened it, worked with it for some time, secretly hoping that the mower would be unbalanced and I would buy the newest one. nothing noticeable came out, until now I use an old one, and she’s at least 4 years old. she’s already fed up.
To a certain extent, the danger of small imbalances is a myth. Look at the knife, the news of which is sticking to it so much, but not moderately. And nothing harmful happens.
But if you remove it and sharpen it on a sharpener, then you will definitely get an imbalance, the sharpener removes the metal shamelessly.
Personally, I either sharpen with a diamond ratfil (very good for tool steel and removes a minimum). Or, if I launch a mini-drill like Dremel in very different words, it can also be sharpened very neatly. It is not necessary to completely sharpen the knife to the sharpness of the knife, the main thing is that there is an obvious angle, and not roundness.
What prevents you from checking the balance by putting the knife on the stick by the central hole. if it hangs evenly. in equilibrium, if one side pulls down. it is unbalanced and needs to be removed a little. Naturally, with this method, the knives are grinded faster. but it seems to me that buying a couple of spare ones and replacing them as they grind is economically more profitable than dragging each time to the service to the other end of the town and paying for sharpening (the only time I did this, they took 300 rubles from me, it was 5 years ago). You just need to calculate how much a knife costs and how much. a trip to the workshop.
And I don’t like sharpening with ratfil or a bar. it’s long and boring. it’s a real pity for the time. You can also meditate during other work. weeding, for example. ? IMHO
Vaska, I don’t sharpen knives either, but change them, but I’ll tell you about the imbalance. Putting a knife on a stick and aligning it, you will only get a static balance, dynamic in home criteria cannot be checked, but specifically it gives the most unfavorable consequences for the motor.
Rom165, I want to clarify. I just sharpen knives. but myself, with an electric sharpener. For the rest, I agree. they used the electronic mower for 6 years, and its body began to wear off (plastic). but it worked properly and was given “into good hands” after purchasing a gasoline mower in working order. Over the years, 2 knives were used alternately, and did not have time to grind off with a sharpener before discarding. And they mowed a lot. 12 acres of grass. There was an imbalance. there was no. I don’t know. ?
I report. our masters sharpened a knife at work, checked for imbalance, gave it and said. use it? I watched intently as they sharpen, in order to sharpen the knives myself later. I know how to use an electric grinder. And it turned out to be so easy to sharpen knives that I and my spouse will not even strain ?
Step by step process
- Before removing the knife from the mower, fix it with a sturdy board or log resting on the ground. It is necessary that the knife does not move when it is removed. However, some neglect this safety measure and simply hold the insert with their hand.
- An L-shaped socket wrench or box tool is taken, ideally suited to size. The use of pliers is not recommended. This fitting and assembly tool easily spoils the edges of the bolts.
- Usually the cutting unit is secured with one large bolt located in the middle. Modern models have several fasteners. As a result, you will have to unscrew them all.
- Bolts are most often right-handed. Therefore, to unscrew the bolt, turn the key counterclockwise. In order to screw it back, it is done the other way around, that is, tighten the bolt clockwise.
- It happens that over time, the threaded pair sticks, rusts, and it becomes problematic to unscrew the bolt. In this case, special lubricants are used, called liquid keys.
- If the removal was successful, and all fasteners are intact, then the bolts, nuts, washers are removed into the box for safety. These connections may have to be reused.
How to Sharpen Lawnmower Blades
Additional Information. Before removing the knife, you need to remember its position. Most often, knives are placed counterclockwise with a tip, and the rotation of the element occurs in this way. However, this advice does not apply to all models. Therefore, attention should be paid to the position of the element. It is in the same position that you will have to put a new knife or screw the old one after sharpening.
Cleaning the knife before sharpening
Before sharpening the knife, clean it thoroughly. Plant sap and small particles of grass accumulate on the steel strips. In this case, the juice hardens over time and turns into a tough crust. It is not worth washing the blades, it is best to pick up a sharp metal scraper in the garage or use a brush.
It is not necessary to polish the cutting element of the machine to a shine, the main thing is to remove the adhering waste. After that, you need to improve the knife by straightening it and removing all the irregularities. Bumps arise from solid debris and stones hitting the blades. The correct option in this case is to work with a hammer. With the help of this tool and a flat work surface on which the knife is placed, it is possible to correct all local curvatures.
Cleaning the knife before sharpening
Experts advise to start leveling the blade from the edge, gradually moving towards the middle part. As a result, the steel strip should become as flat as possible. Only in this case will it be able to fulfill its function, creating an air flow that transports the grass to the tank for collecting plant residues.
In the first case, work is organized if the blades are in relatively good condition and are only slightly dull. Usually, this sharpening is used if the owner sharpens the cutting elements of his garden tools several times per season. If this is the case, then it will be quite enough to walk along the edges with a file and correct them.
During work, the curvature of the knife, roughness are removed. It is important to maintain the factory-cut angles and descent. Both sides (blades) are grinded evenly. The sharpener is kept in the same position. Imbalance must not be allowed, in which case the well-coordinated work of the blades cannot be achieved. Such a problem will lead to operational wear of assembly units (bearings).
After the main sharpening, it is necessary to edit the edges. This is done in order to remove the smallest breakages. It is best to use 800 grit sandpaper. Editing consists in slightly shifting the paper along the plane of the descents.
Note! Instead of a file, you can use a sanding stone. Before the procedure, it is soaked in soap and water for a quarter of an hour. During operation, it is also allowed to slightly moisten the tool.
Edging or “delicate” sharpening
On a wooden block we put on sandpaper pre-moistened with soapy water. Now, from the base (as in the case of the file), we draw a bar with emery to the edge. We bring the blade to working condition evenly on each side.
Removing the knife
First, we fold the handle of the lawn mower, and put rubber gaskets (or you can cover it with cellophane) on the necks of the gas tank and oil sump so that when we turn the device over, fuel and lubricants do not flow onto the floor. Turn the mower over and place it on two stools or on one side. We take a key 19 or another size, and unscrew the nut on the knife. If the nut does not fit, then sprinkle a little WD-40 or plain water on it and wait 5 minutes. the nut should unscrew.
Choosing a sharpening angle
When sharpening a knife, an edge angle of 30 to 50º is allowed. If the angle is less than 30 °, the blade will become sharp like a razor, but it will quickly become blunt, and at a high angle, it will tear the grass.
Why you shouldn’t sharpen a lawn mower knife yourself without experience?
Sharpening knives in a lawn mower requires certain skills, otherwise you may get an imbalance in the cutting head. However, if you still decide to try, then our sharpening tips will help you.
Most lawn mowers have a metal blade, and the quality of the cut depends on its sharpness. Over time, the knife becomes dull and needs sharpening. But sharpening it correctly is much more difficult than a kitchen one.
Stages of grinding work
What you need to sharpen a knife at home?
To sharpen the cutting attachment you will need:
- Two stools.
- 19 wrench (or another for the size of your nut).
- File, 600-grit sandpaper and 5 x 10 cm block of wood.
- Drill Grinding Disc.
What is the problem?
The lawn mower blade rotates at high speed. It has a central hole for fasteners, and both parts of this hole must have the same weight to rotate evenly. What happens when an inexperienced user takes up sharpening?
- During the sharpening process, more metal is removed on one side than on the other.
- An imbalance occurs: the knife “hits” when rotating.
- Imbalance leads to rapid bearing failure: the mower needs repair.
If you decide to sharpen the knife yourself, you need to keep in mind that this must be done carefully, slowly and taking into account the nuances that we noted above. Here are some tips to help you get the job done.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO BEFORE RUNNING
Nowadays, lawn mowers are produced in two main types: electric and gasoline.
Petrol lawn mowers are very convenient when mowing grass at a distance from your home. Their main advantage is mobility, since they are not tied to a specific place, you can move to the farthest corner of the site and work there. Gasoline engines are much more powerful than electric ones and are capable of mowing for many hours without interruption (does not affect the engine). Gasoline lawn mowers are several times higher and the speed of mowing grass along with electric.
Before turning on the mower, you should first check for the presence of fuels and lubricants, and most importantly. oil, because if it is not there or is not enough, then the engine during operation can sharply jam, and you will have to spend a lot of money on repairs.
Electric lawn mowers are less noisy than gasoline mowers, they are also cleaner (more environmentally friendly) and more economical to use (especially if the electricity bill is inexpensive). The main drawback of such a lawn mower is limited mobility due to the connection with a cord to a power source, and the extension cord is often confused and clings to everything.
Before starting the electric lawn mower, you should first check if the extension cord and the power cable itself, as well as the functionality of the socket, are not damaged.
Lawn mower care: correct use of your garden equipment. guarantee of its longevity
PRINCIPLE # 1: PROPER USE
- When operating, strictly follow the instructions for the lawnmower, pay particular attention when it is necessary to take a break from work. For example, taking a break from working with the lawn mower at the wrong time can lead to overheating of the motor and subsequent troubles.
- After finishing mowing the lawn, remember to remove any grass residues from the deck and knives each time.
- Be sure to store the lawnmower in a heated and dry room, do not expose it to rainfall.
- After work, do not forget to turn off the equipment, because its spontaneous movement can lead not only to damage to the lawn, but also become a threat to you and your family members. Never inspect and repair the unit while the engine is running.
- If damage is found (cracks, chips, dents), it is necessary to contact a specialized service center for diagnostics. A problem detected in time will not lead to serious damage and therefore save money.
- If the lawn is heavily neglected and the grass is tall, do not cut it in one pass from the mower. This will put a lot of stress on the engine and the knives will work less efficiently, it is better to walk a few times, removing the grass gradually.
- In order to avoid dullness of the knives from touching the soil, it is necessary to level the unevenness of the soil before mowing.
- For a high-quality mow, drive the mower slowly and only forward (the knife device is designed with an eye on mowing in only one direction).
- To avoid possible injury, only use footwear on the mower and preferably have no exposed areas of your body. Since a stone can hit the knife and bounce back on you.
- It is advisable not to use the lawn mower near trees, poles, curbs, it is very easy to blunt and break knives there. In such places, garden shears or a trimmer will be more effective.
- If you want to have a striped lawn (the stripes on the lawn alternate between bright and dark grass colors), you should mow, constantly changing direction, and a special roller should be installed on the mower.
MAINTENANCE OF THE CUTTER
- We disconnect the electric mower from the power supply, and put the gasoline mower on the brake (it is advisable to drain the fuel before that). We unfasten the grass catcher (the container in which the mown lawn is located, there are models without a grass catcher).
- We put the mower on its side. We put on protective gloves so as not to injure our hands and clean the knife with a brush from the remains of grass and other waste. When the knife is dull, then remove it (below we will write how to do this). The cutting knife looks like a bar that is 50 cm long and 2.5 mm thick.
- Next, you can clamp the knife in a vice and process it with a file. It is worth noting that its cutting part is hardened and therefore your actions must be careful. We process only the damaged part with a small file. In the event that the knife is accidentally bent, place it on a firm and level place, and then level it with a hammer. Use a file to remove large burrs and remove small ones with a bar. The bar should move from itself from the center of the knife to the edge. As if we are sharpening a braid. You can also sharpen on electric machines, just do not grind a lot, otherwise you will have to throw the knife away. it may break during operation.
- Finally, we set the knife to its original position.
WHY CLEAN THE MOWER AFTER WORK