Do-it-yourself blade for a tiller dimensions
Making a blade from a pipe segment
A shovel blade for cleaning snow on a tiller can be made from a piece of large-diameter steel main pipe (see photo). The video shows how a functional attachment for snow removal can be made from an ordinary piece of scrap metal using improvised blanks and tools found in the garage.
- Align the pipe edges by cutting off any irregularities with an angle grinder.
- Clean the edge, as well as the inner and outer surface of the future snow shovel.
- For the manufacture of the mount, the following are used: a gear from a motor cultivator drive, a 200 mm long bolt with a lock nut and a piece of thick-walled steel pipe. A propeller shaft is taken as a rotary device, which will be attached to a homemade adapter from the tiller’s power take-off shaft. The video shows the manufacturing steps in detail.
- Make a “scraper” from dense thick rubber 15 mm thick by screwing the cut strips to the edge of the blade.
- For shock absorption on the swing-out mechanism, three powerful trampoline springs are used.
- In order to facilitate the work during snow removal work behind the tiller, it is necessary that the shovel blade is heavy. If the weight of the structure is not enough, it is necessary to consider a counterweight. In this case, metal “pancakes” are used.
Making a blade from a barrel
For the bucket, you need to select a barrel with thick walls. The best option is a stainless steel product. In the absence of a strong barrel, you can use the usual.
The work is carried out in the following sequence:
- Marking is applied to the barrel. On the bottom and sides, it is divided into 3 identical sectors of 120º each. The object is then cut by an angle grinder. The remaining parts of the bottom are trimmed along the chord. End pieces are needed to stiffen the bucket.
- If the tin is thin, then the 2 parts are folded together and fastened. It is advisable to lubricate the details with hot bitumen before joining. This will prevent corrosion, increase the weight of the bucket and reduce noise from metal striking stones and curbs. Fixation of parts is carried out with rivets or bolts.
- The perimeter of the resulting bucket is reinforced with a steel strip with a thickness of at least 3 mm. Fastening is carried out using welding, bolts or rivets. The upper and lower parts of the bucket are reinforced with semicircular inserts from the drum scrap.
- A conveyor belt is attached to the bottom of the bucket. The width of the protruding part should be between 3-10 cm, depending on the conditions in which it is planned to operate the snow thrower. The belt should be made removable to use the blade for handling bulk materials.
- The finished product is cleaned of rust, sagging and scale. It is treated with anti-corrosion agents and painted.
In a similar way, a bucket is made from a gas cylinder. Since its walls have sufficient strength, their additional reinforcement is not required.
Since the steel on the dump will constantly wear out and become thinner, it is advisable to immediately make a replaceable dump. As soon as the service life of the first stage product ends, you can immediately install a replacement in its place.
Tools and materials
You can install a snow-clearing knife on the frame of any motor-cultivator with a power of more than 4 hp. and a weight of at least 50 kg. The heavier the machine is, the better it will cope with the effects of a blizzard. It is best to equip the domestic tiller Neva with a shovel. This equipment has high performance, adapted to work in the most severe weather conditions with maximum load.
A do-it-yourself shovel for a tiller is made using the following devices:
- welding machine;
- angle grinder with discs for cutting and grinding metal;
- electric drill;
- set of wrenches;
- paint, paint brush.
After preparing the tool for work, it is necessary to decide on the material from which the shovel-blade for the Neva Tiller will be made. You can make a shovel from various metal products that have a sufficient margin of safety.
Dump on Tiller Neva can be assembled from the following materials:
BACKYARD MECHANICS. Sharpening the Tiller Tines
- An old gas bottle. The thick walls of the cylinder are resistant to high mechanical stress. Having received such a blade, the tiller will be able to cope with packed snow, level roads, move sand and gravel.
- Barrels with a volume of 200 liters. It should be borne in mind that the walls of the barrel are made of thin steel. Such a shovel for the Neva tiller can only be used to remove fresh snow, which did not have time to thicken and become covered with infusion.
- Metal strips. Bumpers from trucks or corrugated steel, which cover the floors of hangars and warehouses, are well suited for making a blade for a tiller.
In order to make a swivel mechanism, you need steel with a thickness of at least 10 mm. You can find such material at scrap metal collection points. The manufacture of fasteners involves the use of shaped steel pipes 20×40 mm.
When working on loose and deep snow, homemade snow removal equipment can get stuck. This problem can be solved with the help of tracks installed on the axle shaft of the unit. Homemade tracked snow blower can work in any conditions, productivity is not inferior to special equipment.
How to make a do-it-yourself blade or shovel for snow on a tiller: drawings, video
Blade manufacturing rules
The main rule that must be taken into account when drawing up homemade drawings is the correspondence between the amount of work and the power of the unit. Overloading can lead to increased wear of components and mechanisms, their breakdown and machine failure.
When planning the manufacture of a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller, you must adhere to the following criteria:
- Strength. The knife must have a sufficient resource to serve for at least 5 years. All its parts and mechanisms must be made based on the maximum permissible load and strong impacts.
- Dimensions. A homemade shovel should not be excessively wide and high. The optimal dimensions are considered to be 80-130 cm wide and 30-50 cm high.
- The presence of a lifting mechanism. The tiller blade can be lifted hydraulically or by levers. This option allows you to remove snow from the yard or use the unit as a loader in the summer.
- Possibility of mounting a swivel joint. With the help of such devices, you can control the knives by tilting them up or down, right or left. The choice of the angle of attack allows for better shoveling of snow and debris away from the track.
- Mandatory installation of a dense rubber cushion strip on the bottom of the bucket. This device is necessary in order to protect the tiller from impacts, the bucket from deformation or breakage, and the roadway from mechanical damage.
- Quick installation and removal. Since the tiller is a multifunctional device, all manipulations on its equipment should be carried out promptly and without the use of complex equipment.
The blade layout assumes its installation on the front bracket, under the body or behind the unit. The most optimal is the frontal position of the blade. This position provides the highest quality cleaning.
The bucket made can have a horizontal or vertical orientation. The second option is chosen in cases where you have to work in cramped conditions.
Attaching the bucket to the tiller
As a rule, all motor-cultivators have a standard bracket for attaching attachments. It is quite suitable for attaching a front blade. If necessary, an adapter is made to allow the bucket to turn to the right or left.
The mount is made in this way:
- A profile pipe is welded from the back of the bucket. To ensure a firm hold, it is advisable to duplicate the weld seam with several bolts.
- A semicircle with a diameter of 20-25 cm is cut from sheet metal 10 mm thick. The workpiece is welded to the shaped tube. Holes are made in it along the edge with an interval of 20 mm to set the angle of the bucket.
- A holder in the shape of the letter “L” is made from a square tube. The short side of the holder is fixed on the rotary sector, the other end is rigidly fixed on the tiller bracket. To adjust the height of the knife, use the bolts screwed into the adapter.
A simpler connection method is a system of lugs and clamps made of thick sheet steel.
Tiller Snow Shovel Design
- vertical plane of the blade;
- struts for structural rigidity. 4 pcs.;
- horizontal plane of the blade;
- eyelets for fastening rods.
Homemade snow shovel
To make your own snow shovel for the Neva tiller, you first need to collect the necessary tools and materials. So, we need:
- an old steel barrel with a capacity of 200 liters;
- a strip of iron with dimensions of approximately 850x100x3 mm;
- 1 m of a square pipe with a section of 40×40 mm;
- bolts М10, М12 and М8, as well as washers and nuts;
- a set of drills for metal;
- set of wrenches;
- a sheet of thick durable rubber;
- small but thick steel sheet;
- angle grinder with discs for metal;
- welding machine;
- hand electric drill.
After all the tools, materials and drawings have been collected, you can start making a do-it-yourself blade for the tiller. The simplest solution would be to make a bucket from an old 200 liter barrel, since it initially has the optimal roundness. In this case, you do not need to heat the metal sheets and bend them, giving them the desired shape. So, you need an old barrel, from which you need to cut off the lid and bottom of the angle grinder. The resulting pipe should be cut lengthwise into three equal segments. These two thirds must be joined together along the contour using a welding machine, and the remaining third must be cut with an angle grinder into strips that will be used to ensure sufficient rigidity. Attach the shovels one strip at a time, and distribute several pieces evenly along the entire length of the blade.
Now, to further strengthen the entire structure of the blade, you need to make a knife at the bottom of the bucket. This will require an iron strip with dimensions of 850x100x3 mm. Using an electric drill, drill three holes with a diameter of 5-6 mm and a distance between them of 100-120 mm in the knife. This is to reinforce the rubber pad, which will prevent the bucket from damaging the road surface. The knife is attached to the working edge of the bucket using a bolt connection.
After assembling the snow shovel and blade, you need to make and mount the blade mount. Weld a piece of pipe to a homemade motoblock blade in the center of the structure. In the middle of the pipe, by welding, fix a semicircle made of a thick sheet of metal and make several holes in it to set the required angles of rotation and fix the tiller blade.
Next, you need to take another piece of square pipe and make an L-shaped holder out of it. The short side of this holder is installed in a pivoting semicircle, and the other end of the pipe is bolted to the frame of the power unit. To adjust the height of the blade, two bolts are used, screwed into the recess of a square pipe, which is welded to the hitch and is put on the L-shaped holder. The video shows a snow shovel for a tiller and working with it.
Tools and materials
To create a snow plow yourself, you will need:
- steel sheet 850x700x3 mm;
- 4 steel plates 450x230x3-4 mm;
- iron strip 850x100x3 mm;
- two eyelets for attaching rods;
- 1 m of a square pipe with a section of 40×40 mm;
- bolts М10, М12 and М8, as well as washers and nuts;
- two rods 520 mm long;
- a set of drills for metal;
- set of wrenches;
- a sheet of thick durable rubber;
- small but thick steel sheet;
- angle grinder with discs for metal;
- apparatus for electric welding;
- hand electric drill.
Scheme for making a shovel blade for a tiller
To install the grader, you will have to resort to using brackets mounted on the frame of the power unit being used. Additionally, the blade is attached to the tiller with two rods, which, when inoperative, make it possible to unload the motoblock brackets. The knife, made of steel plate 850x100x3 mm, is attached to the lower horizontal edge of the grader by means of a bolt connection.
Now, after the blade is ready, you need to install it and you can start clearing snow drifts, removing garbage or leveling the earthen area on your site. A do-it-yourself blade for a tiller is a versatile equipment with which you can perform various works. And self-production will make it possible to get a multifunctional device adapted specifically to your needs.
In order for the motoblock blade to last as long as possible and resist corrosion, it should be treated with a special primer or protective paint.
The rubber strip attached to the working edge of the shovel should protrude beyond the steel plate.
Features of the manufacture of a snow plow
Consider another option for making a shovel, which is not too different from the previous one. For the blade itself, you will need 3 mm steel sheet, and for the struts that provide additional rigidity, you need to take thicker steel. It is necessary to make holes in the racks for attaching the shovel to the rods. It is very important to ensure vertical placement of attachments homemade equipment in relation to the front of the power unit.
- bracket for attaching the rods to the tiller;
Tiller with blade
How to make a homemade blade (shovel) for a tiller. do it yourself
In Russia, there are such winters that very often the owners of private households are faced with the problem of removing a large amount of snow. Traditionally, this problem has been solved with conventional shovels and various tools. Now, when many farms have at least tillers that can be equipped with various types of attachments, snow removal, debris removal and other work has become much easier.
Snow plows that can be installed on almost any type of equipment (tractors, ATVs, cars or tillers) make life much easier and the process of removing snow drifts itself. Any snow plow consists directly of a working body, a steering angle adjustment mechanism and a fastener that fixes the shovel to the chassis of the power unit.
DIY snow plow for a tiller
Making a Paring Knife from a Rusted Tiller Point Part II Grip Design
Despite the fact that there are various modifications of factory devices for cleaning the fallen snow masses, however, according to the presented drawings, you can easily and independently make a snow shovel. Thanks to such attachments for the “Neva” tiller, you can clear your site from snow drifts in winter, and use it the rest of the time for garbage collection, leveling earthen pads and much more. Despite various modifications, all plows are characterized by the same general design and principle of operation. The snow shovel has three main positions:
- to the right with a slope of 30˚;
- to the left with a slope of 30˚.
A self-made blade made from a gas cylinder or steel barrel must be turned 30˚ to the left or right before snow removal work. Having set the required angle, the tiller’s shovel is fixed in the required position by means of metal cotter pins.
The width of the working grip is usually 1000 mm, provided that for the manufacture of a shovel, metal is 2-3 mm. True, some models may be more or less than this value. The industry makes snow shovels from high quality steel.
As you can see, anyone who knows how to handle tools and an electric welding machine can independently create a snow plow from a barrel or a gas cylinder. There is nothing complicated in this, for this you only need the simplest drawings, of which there are plenty on the Internet, tools and materials available on the farm of almost any craftsman. In addition, this will make it possible to significantly save on the purchase of ready-made attachments. The video shows the installation and operation of the blade on the tiller.
You should not reinvent the wheel again, an approximate scheme for the manufacture of equipment for cleaning snow can be borrowed from manufacturers, for example, use a drawing of a blade for a tiller of the Vsevolozhsk RMZ. Of course, the design can be simplified or strengthened, depending on the model of the tiller, the main thing is, do not count on a large width of the blade-blade with a weak or too light unit.
Without a special tool, metal processing can be quite difficult. The following tools and devices should be prepared in the workshop of the craftsman:
- Welding machine. Handicraft craftsmen often use small transformer or inverter devices that allow them to carry out work on a mobile basis. Remember safety when working with welding.
- Angle grinder, popularly referred to as the angle grinder. Remember to protect flammable materials from sparks, which can fly up to fifteen meters during operation.
- Drill or hammer drill with a set of drills for metal of different diameters. Bolt and finger holes will be required.
- Clamps and clamps can be useful when working without an assistant.
Purchase or manual assembly?
However, having a welding machine, drill, material and free time, you can seriously save on the purchase of this attachment. In addition, a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller can be modified and repaired at any time, and the reliability of such products is often higher.
DIY tiller blade: winter use of a backyard assistant
Snowy winter is a disaster in most regions of Russia. If in cities this problem is puzzled by communal and road organizations equipped with special equipment, then in private houses the owners are left alone with the snow. Why not use a helper popular with site owners, usually only used in the summer? tillers in this sense are universal, the main thing is to know how to make a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller.
To make a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller, the master has no restrictions on the selection of material, only the recommended parts are indicated in the list below, and possible replacements are also given:
- A metal plate with a thickness of at least 3 mm for the manufacture of the working part of the blade. The dimensions depend on the planned parameters of the attachment, which, in turn, directly depend on the power of the tiller. An old metal barrel with a capacity of 200 liters can serve as an excellent material, for which you need to cut it into 3 parts along and weld two of them around the perimeter for rigidity. When cutting the barrel lengthwise, take precautions so that the sheet of metal does not suddenly bounce to the side. The third part can be cut for other parts of the blade.
- Metal stiffening ribs can be made from a wide variety of materials, for example, from the remnants of a 3 mm plate or corners and reinforcement.
- The metal plate of the swivel mechanism must be at least 8 mm thick, as it is the most vulnerable point.
- A square tube 40 x 40 mm will be needed to make a clutch assembly, which can be made adjustable using holes and bolts.
- Wide blades may require additional tube or angle reinforcement.
- Bolts and nuts with washers for fastening various units and parts. Pins for the adjustable part of the swivel mechanism.
You can make a dump for a tiller from a gas cylinder, but remember about safety measures when working with gas. The cylinder must first be completely filled with water to exclude any possibility of ignition or explosion.
The main parts of the design are:
- A shovel-blade or knife is a working part that interacts with the snow. It can be made of various materials. A metal plate with a thickness of 3 mm or more will do. Remember that the lower part can cling to the road surface and must be additionally reinforced with a strip of metal on the working side and stiffening ribs on the back.
- Swivel mechanism. It is often much more convenient to use the blade turned 30º so as not to push the entire snow mass in front of you, but to throw it away from the direction of travel. This reduces the load on the tiller and allows the snow to move in the desired direction. The blade pivot and locking mechanism requires a 10 mm thick plate, a strong pivot bolt at the main attachment point, and a finger joint to lock the straight or angled blade position.
- The unit of docking and attachment to the tiller can be different for each model. To make a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller, you should not pay attention to the versatility of the attachment, it is better to take care of the reliability of fixing the blade on your tiller.
The figure shows a schematic diagram of a snow plow based on the factory drawings at the beginning of the article. The design is simplified and the assembly is suitable for medium and light tillers. Ultra-light machines and motor-cultivators do not have enough power for effective snow removal. The dimensions of the blade depend on the wheelbase of the tiller, its capacity and the size of materials available. When making a blade with a width of more than 1 m, be sure to provide for reinforcement of the structure.
Recommendations for creating a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller
- Design features of the device
- How to work with a tiller snow plow
- Shovel for a motor cultivator
- How to create a snow plow from a barrel?
- Making a moldboard shovel from a gas cylinder
- Sheet steel shovel
In our country, there are such winters that often the owners of individual households are faced with the difficulty of removing a huge amount of snow. Usually this problem was solved by means of ordinary shovels and all kinds of home-made devices. At the moment, when most farms have motor cultivators available that can be equipped with various types of attachments, snow cleaning, garbage collection and other work has become much easier. In this article, we will look at how to create a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller.
Design features of the device
Snow shovels are effortlessly attached to any type of equipment, significantly speeding up and simplifying the procedure for clearing snow. All snow plowing equipment for a multifunctional implement includes 3 basic parts: a snow shovel, a plow angle adjustment mechanism and a mounting module that holds the snow plow to the frame of the implement.
There are a number of designs of factory shovels that are part of the attachments, however, such a device for a tiller can be built with your own hands, especially since there is a wide variety of information and drawings on this problem in the global network.
This makes it possible not only to manufacture equipment with the required characteristics, but also to significantly save money.
The blade is an integral part of the attachments used in conjunction with a motor cultivator. With his support, you can facilitate such everyday work on your own plot of land as collecting garbage in summer, in winter. clearing snow, in addition, leveling the surface layer of the earth and transporting it from one site to another. Snow plows come in different variations, but in their total mass they are endowed with one principle of operation and design. They mainly have a number of standard working positions.
These are almost always the 3 points below:
- to the left (with a turn of 30 °);
- to the right (with a turn of 30 °).
How to create a snow plow from a barrel?
Making a shovel on your own is easy when you have a welding machine, an angle grinder and an electric drill in your home. Here’s one easy way. You do not need to search for the necessary material, since you can use a simple 200-liter iron barrel.
Carefully cut it into 3 slices and you will have 3 curved pieces for the snow plow. Having welded 2 of them along the contour mowing line, we get an element with an iron thickness of 3 mm, which is fully enough for the rigidity of the shovel. The lower segment of the shovel is reinforced with a knife. This will require a metal strip 5 mm thick and the same length as the blade grip. Holes are made in the knife with a caliber of 5-6 mm with an interval of 10-12 cm for mounting a protective rubber strip.
The mechanism of the attachment point of the shovel to the cultivator is quite simple and can be done at home. A pipe with a cross-section in the form of a square 40×40 millimeters in size is cooked to a shovel, assembled from two parts of a barrel, approximately in the middle of its height for reinforcement. Then, in the middle of the pipe, a semicircle of thick iron is cooked, in which 3 holes are pre-made, required to stabilize the angles of rotation of the moldboard shovel.
Next, a bracket that looks like the letter “G” is welded from the same tube, one edge of which is placed in a hole in a semicircle, and the second is connected with bolts to the chassis of the unit.
To adjust the level of the blade lift, bolts are used that are screwed into the holes in a piece of tube welded to the hitch and put on the L-shaped bracket.
Making a moldboard shovel from a gas cylinder
Another available tool for making a moldboard shovel is a gas cylinder. This event will certainly require a detailed diagram. It should indicate the parameters of the spare parts used and the procedure for assembling them into a single structure. Work on the creation takes place in the following order.
- Release excessive pressure from the cylinder, if any.
- Cut off both edges of the lid so that the width corresponds to one meter.
- Cut the resulting pipe lengthwise into 2 halves.
- Using a welding machine, connect these 2 segments so that the blade height is approximately 700 millimeters.
- The holder for fastening is made as follows. Cut a kerchief out of thick iron. Make a number of holes in it to rotate the blade in different directions. Weld a piece of pipe to the kerchief.
- Weld the prepared product to the plow at the level of the holder location on the tiller.
- Installation is carried out using a cylindrical rod.
The thickness of the walls of the cylinder is sufficient, there is no need for reinforcement. However, the bottom can be fitted with durable rubber that will remove loose snow and not damage the rolled road. To do this, you need to take hard rubber from the rotary. conveyor lines. The width of the rubber strip is 100×150 mm. Using an electric drill, make holes in the shovel to fix the rubber. To firmly fix the rubber strip, a 900x100x3 mm iron strip is needed. Drill holes in metal and rubber, marking in advance with a shovel. Secure with bolts.
How to work with a tiller snow plow
The tiller mouldboard must be properly installed before performing its functions. She turns her hands to the right or to the left at an angle of up to 30 °. The process of adjusting the position ends by setting a suitable angle and fixing the shovel in the chosen position using cotter pins. The grip area of a snow plow for a mobile power unit is usually one meter (some modifications may have different values) with a shovel material thickness of 2 to 3 mm. In an industrial environment, these devices are made from high quality steel.
Shovel for a motor cultivator
Mouldboard shovels for motor cultivators can be equipped with a knife attachment, which is convenient for leveling the soil, as well as rubber attachments designed to eliminate the effects of snowfall. The choice of models of snow plows is extensive, when choosing such a hinged mechanism, you must certainly make sure that the structure can be mounted on an existing motor cultivator.
Manufacturers do not equip these devices for tillers with a device for damping (damping) or preventing vibrations (spring dampers), since due to the low speed of movement, special protection against contact with uneven soil is not needed. When equipping your rototiller with additional snow removal equipment, purchase specialized steel lugs.
Replacing pneumatic wheels with similar devices significantly increases the quality of snow cleaning.
Tiller Tine Types
Sheet steel shovel
Some craftsmen prefer to use new material, rather than used elements. So you can assemble a homemade blade from an iron sheet with a thickness of 3 mm. To strengthen the device, you can use a steel strip with a thickness of at least 5 millimeters. Metal cutting is carried out according to the schemes. The blade itself contains 4 segments: front, bottom and 2 side. The assembled structure requires reinforcement. For this, components cut from metal with a thickness of 5 mm are welded vertically.
Then a rotary device is created. It is a lug with a hole for the axle. The eyelet is fixed by welding to the angle, which is attached to the shovel. The axle is fixed at one end of the pipe, and at the other end it is fixed to the chiller. The required degree of rotation is fixed with a cylindrical rod (dowel). 3 millimeters is a small thickness, which means you need to strengthen it. Cut a strip of 850x100x3 mm from a sheet with a thickness of 3 mm.
You can fix it with bolts, but you will need to first drill or weld the strip by welding.
To carry out the work you will need:
- sheet metal;
- angle grinder with discs;
- electric drill;
- set of drills;
- bolts with self-locking nuts (with plastic inserts);
- welder with electrodes;
- profile or round pipe.
If you have the necessary abilities, the job is not difficult. And the created device can be used not only in winter, but also in summer. Improve the site after the completion of construction and installation work, plan a site for a children’s sandbox, and the like. What type of construction to choose is to make a decision for you.
How to make a blade-blade for the tiller “Neva” MB-2, see the video below.
How to make a do-it-yourself blade on a tiller
When making attachments yourself, you first need to carefully study its device. The presented photos, do-it-yourself moldboard drawings for the tiller give only a visual representation of the design. It is best to first consider the snow blower in reality. To do this, you can visit a retail outlet or ask to take measurements from the dump from a friend of the owner of the equipment. When this is not possible, you need to be prepared for the fact that during work errors may occur that will have to be corrected.
Benefits and working principle
The main advantage of mounted snowplow equipment is fast snow removal. The main load falls on the tiller, not the person. In a short time, the device makes it possible to clear a large area or a long section of the road from drifts.
If we consider a self-made self-made blade for a tiller assembled with your own hands, then another advantage is cost savings. Factory-made attachments are expensive. A homemade blade will be cheaper, even if you have to buy metal to assemble it.
If sheet metal, pipe or profile trims are available, snow removal equipment is free to manufacture
The working principle of attachments is simple. The dump is connected to the trailer hitch. The unit may differ depending on the brand of the unit. Select the position of the angle of rotation of the shovel. The operator starts the tiller engine, starts moving. As the wet snow sticks, the bucket is periodically cleaned to reduce the load on the motor. Since the optimal shovel width for most tillers is 1 m, a strip of the appropriate size will be cleared in one pass. If the bucket is installed at an angle, then the parameter will be slightly less.
Do-it-yourself blade drawings for a tiller
You can find many schemes on the Internet or thematic literature, but they are all practically similar to each other. This is due to the simplicity of the shovel design. Nothing extra is worth inventing here. For example, do-it-yourself drawings of a dump for the “Neva” tiller will be similar to those for “Zubr”, “Zirka”. Minor changes can only be in the design of the hitch.
The drawing will help to make a shovel with a hydraulic lift.In the absence of hydraulics, the lift is made leverage, for example, from a spring
Homemade tiller blade from a gas cylinder
Instead of a barrel, a gas cylinder will serve as a material for a shovel. The principle of making an attachment for a tiller is similar, but there are a number of nuances:
- If there are gas residues in the cylinder, it is vented by unscrewing the valve. However, no less dangerous condensation may still remain inside. The bronze valve is completely unscrewed with a key from the cylinder and, turning it over, the remaining liquid is drained.
Further work on assembling a snow plow on a tiller with your own hands is based on performing the same actions as with a barrel: making a knife, a frame and a swivel mechanism. The only difference is that the metal from the cylinder is thicker and stronger. The reinforcing lintel from the profile pipe does not need to be welded. Instead, holders for the frame are welded at an equal distance from the edges on the back of the blade. The connection of yo and the elements of the coupling device is made on bolts. The swivel shovel assembly can be positioned directly between the tiller hitch and the main blade frame.
Homemade blade (shovel) for the tiller, photos, drawings
A do-it-yourself dump for a tiller is made of rolled metal. To simplify the task, used gas cylinders or a thick-walled barrel are used as the material. The assembly principle is the same, but the workpieces cut by the angle grinder have a ready-made semicircular shape. To make a structure, you will need a welding machine and skills in working with it. Some parts can be bolted, but the main frame elements only need to be welded for maximum strength.
- Design features
- Benefits and working principle
- How to make a do-it-yourself blade on a tiller
- Do-it-yourself blade drawings for a tiller
- How to make a tiller blade from a barrel
- Homemade tiller blade from a gas cylinder
- How to make a sheet metal tiller snow shovel
- Attaching a homemade snow blade to the tiller
- Professional advice
How to make a sheet metal tiller snow shovel
When only sheet metal is available, the blade design will depend on the thickness and size of the sheet. The easiest way is to make a shovel from a single piece of rolled steel 3 mm thick, about 1 m long and 500-700 mm wide. The workpiece is given a slightly oval shape, do the same actions as with a barrel or cylinder.
The reinforcing frame of the blade is welded from a profile pipe
When only small pieces of sheet metal are available or about 2 mm thick, a reinforcing frame needs to be welded to make a snow shovel for the tiller. The material for its manufacture is a profile pipe. You will need 4 vertical bucket members. They are given an oval shape. This can be done on a machine or by cutting the pipe with an angle grinder in several places and welding them. Vertical elements are welded together with three horizontal bridges. Their length is equal to the width of the shovel.
When the moldboard frame is ready, the outside is sheathed with sheet steel. A knife from a metal tire and a conveyor belt is attached below. On the back side, the swivel assembly and the hitch are adjusted exactly as it was done in the example with a barrel or a cylinder.
How to make a tiller blade from a barrel
An old metal barrel is a good material for a shovel. However, the thickness of the metal should be at least 2 mm, and preferably 3 mm. Thin sheet metal will simply bend from the load. To get the workpiece of the desired oval, the barrel is cut by an angle grinder lengthwise into three equal segments.
The next step is to measure the length of the workpiece, on which the width of the shovel will depend. If the barrel was about 1 m high, this will be sufficient. When low capacity is available, the length of one piece is short. The cut segments are welded together. The workpieces are overlapped, the joints are welded on both sides. For reinforcement along the seam, you can drill holes and put rivets.
If the segments cut from the barrel are small, they are welded together to obtain the desired shovel width.
So that the self-assembled dump for the tiller from the barrel cleans the snow well and does not scratch the pavement, the shovel is equipped with a knife. In its lower part, along the edge, a metal rail with a minimum thickness of 5 mm is fastened with rivets or bolts. Additionally, holes are drilled with a 100 mm pitch for bolts for fastening the conveyor belt strip. Rubber pad will prevent metal tires from scratching paving slabs or asphalt.
The next step is to make the frame of the hitch and the adjusting unit for turning the blade. First, the middle of the shovel is found along the height. In this place, a piece of a profile pipe with a cross section of 40 × 40 mm is welded to its entire length. In the center of the lintel, a semicircle is welded, a cut out angle grinder from metal with a thickness of 8 mm. Three holes are drilled in the plate: one in the center and two indented, so that the bucket turns sideways by 30 o.
From a profile pipe of a similar section, the frame of the trailer device itself is welded. The bracket is obtained in the form of the letter “L”. One side of it will be connected to the tiller, and the other is brought to the turning control unit. So that a homemade shovel on a snow tiller can be adjusted in height, an adjusting screw lever is adjusted. One side of it is attached to the L-shaped bracket, and the other is inserted into the hole in the profile pipe of the trailing device.