Do-it-yourself mini-tractor from Tiller Aggro
Mounting the engine and hydraulics
The most profitable option for converting a tiller into a home-made four-wheeled tractor is a single-cylinder water-cooled diesel engine. this is usually installed on Chinese Scout, Bison and Russian Neva motor-cultivators. A single-cylinder diesel engine is economical, therefore, the operation of a mini-tractor produced on its basis will not be invoiced. It is typically placed on the front of the frame, allowing the small tractor to maintain optimal balance when operating with additional tools. At the location of the motor, a mounting system is installed, which is better to make “floating” (sliding) in order to simplify the adjustment and tension of the belts.
The transfer of power from the motor to the rear wheels of a homemade tractor is organized using a belt drive. The PTO transfer case, like the gearbox, can be used from a decommissioned GAZ-53 vehicle. The homemade power unit is mounted in such a way that the PTO pulley is located in the same plane with the pulley located on the rear axle of the minitractor. At the same time, they outline the location for the clutch pedal. The belt drive is covered with a protective cover to avoid slipping during operation and to make its service life longer.
After completing the main work, a hydraulic lift is installed on a homemade mini-tractor with an engine from a tiller. The conversion hydraulics kit should include an oil pump, oil reservoir, hydraulic cylinder and distributor. All components of the system are connected by flexible oil-resistant hoses. It is advisable to make the hydraulics with a floating mode. this will ensure the full operation of the tractor hitch. Then the tiller will work as it should.
Inexpensive tractor for the price of a tiller for only 150 thousand! Order here.
A large selection of attachments, which are also suitable for homemade tractors, see the link.
The entire range of heavy tillers (Scout.Ugra, Neva, etc.). https://garden-shop.ru/motobloki.html
Then, the driver’s seat is installed, as well as headlights and dimensions, if it is planned to move the mini tractor along the roads. They will ensure safety when operating vehicles at night and will avoid problems with demanding road patrol officers.
Installing the undercarriage
At the end of the installation, the hitching devices are installed on both axles (front, rear), and already on them. the wheels. The rear axle is usually fitted with those that came with a tiller (Scout, Bison, Neva), and wheels from a passenger car or some kind of agricultural machinery are fitted on the front axle. It is important that they have a deep tread. this will make a homemade mini-tractor a technique of high cross-country ability and with improved grip of the wheels with the ground. Then the management will be much easier.
tractor/Agricultural Tractor/Farm tractor/Walking Tractor/mini tractor/Garden tractor
To equip a home-made tractor with a full-fledged front running gear, they buy hubs assembled with a brake system and, preferably, complete with steering rods, a steering wheel, a gearbox and a steering column. They can also be altered by removing them from used cars.
Fastening the front wheels to the minitractor is carried out in this way:
- A metal profile pipe is selected that corresponds to the thickness of the front axle of a homemade tractor;
- Wheel hubs are attached to the ends of the profile;
- The hub structure is fixed to the front frame directly in the center;
- The steering rods are mounted, after which they are aligned with the steering gear;
- The gearbox is fixed to the frame;
- Put the steering rod, steering wheel;
- Adjust the steering column, steering wheel.
Sometimes the front suspension of the tractor is supplemented with spring shock absorbers to provide more comfortable working conditions. After the steering column is assembled according to the drawing, you need to install the rear wheels.
The rear axle of the cultivator is mounted on bearings tightly pressed into spherical bushings. A pulley is mounted on it, which will transmit torque from the engine to the rotating nodes. You can leave the rear wheels of the fractures without a differential. this will simplify the design and minimize the slipping of the future mini tractor when operating on loose soils.
The optimal diameter of the tractor wheels is 30-36 cm (like the Scout T-15 model). If you put a homemade diesel unit on smaller wheels, it will simply roll forward. Fitting large wheels will make the machine unmanageable and impair its maneuverability, especially when working with a trailer. At the end of the installation of the wheels and steering column, the layout of the main unit of agricultural machinery. the engine.
Preparing to create a homemade mini tractor
The process of creating a homemade mini-tractor begins with drawing up a drawing, a kinematic diagram of the future “plowman” and preparing the necessary materials, tools, equipment. If you have the skills, you can develop a scheme for demonstrating the mechanisms and components of the tractor yourself, if not, find a suitable option on the Internet or use the example presented here.
As for the parts and components involved in the modernization of the tiller, you can use a purchased factory kit to convert it into a mini tractor. But this option is not suitable for those who want to make, for example, an all-wheel drive (4×4) tractor and at the same time significantly save money. Therefore, you will have to look for upgraded parts.
So, to create a homemade tractor you will need:
- Set of tools;
- Welding equipment;
- Drill with a set of drills;
- Metal pipes, channels;
- Fasteners, hardware (bolts, nuts);
- angle grinder, discs for working with metal.
Also, in order to make a tractor with your own hands, you will need two suitable wheels, a hitch, a driver’s seat, a steering gear, pedals and, of course, a tiller with sufficient weight and power. It is better to opt for a heavy-duty unit with a diesel engine (the Zubr, Neva, Agro, Scout models are well suited). This will make it possible to get, as a result of alteration, albeit a homemade, but productive mini-tractor, capable of effectively performing various agrotechnical operations. Surely you want him to carry out not only agricultural functions, but also to be able to pull a trailer.
The weight of the unit to be selected must correspond to the state of the soil on which it is planned to use the homemade product. If it is compacted, dry, then the future mini-tractor is unlikely to cope with the tasks assigned to it. Therefore, the harder the soil, the harder the cultivator will be needed. And the power of its engine should be correlated with the area of the land plot on which agricultural work will be carried out using a motorized tractor. So, the larger the plot, the higher this parameter should be.
How to make a mini tractor from a tiller with your own hands
Every farmer knows that it is easier and more convenient to cultivate summer cottages, household plots with the help of a small tractor. And it doesn’t matter if you don’t have enough funds to buy a factory “iron horse”. you can make it yourself from an inexpensive tiller. over, when there is an interest in technology, engineering skills, the necessary equipment and tools, it will not be difficult at all to do this. The main thing is to understand the technical aspects, prepare for the transformation and choose the right tiller itself. Then the refurbishment can begin. By the way, the tiller’s instructions may contain a drawing that will help you understand how best to make a homemade product.
Installation of the brake system and electrical equipment
To begin with, determine the place (using the layout diagram) where the brake pedal will be located in the alteration. On the designated plot, mount the pedal mount and the main brake cylinder. Then the cylinder is connected with hoses to the brake drums located on the front wheels of the converted tractor.
Immediately after that, the brake system is checked for leaks and if it is broken, everything will have to be redone. To avoid ridiculous mistakes, it is better to use a visual drawing, which shows all the main components of the tractor. For control, the system must be pumped over and the remaining air is removed. This will make it workable and provide proper functionality. The system can also be supplemented with a parking brake.
The next stage of self-alteration of the tiller into a full-fledged mini-tractor is the connection of electrical equipment and the output of sensors to the dashboard. It is recommended to do this for the convenience and safety of vehicle operation. A temperature meter, a liquid cooling indicator, an ignition key, an oil pressure sensor and a fuel level in the gas tank are displayed on the panel. If desired, a homemade tractor is supplied with a sound signal, brake lights and direction indicators.
Additionally, agricultural machinery can be equipped with cladding elements and a canopy. This will give the mini tractor an attractive look and make the operator’s work more comfortable. After the completion of the modernization process of the tiller, the homemade mini tractor should be run-in so that the parts are “ground in” and the lubricity of the mating surfaces improves.
How to make a frame
After preparing the tools and accessories necessary to create a mini tractor, they begin to “re-cut” the tiller’s frame in order, in accordance with the drawing, to adapt it to an additional pair of wheels. The platform of the future home-made machine can be made all-metal or break-through using channels or shaped metal pipes. Longitudinal and transverse spars are easy to make. they are cut by an angle grinder and connected by electric welding or fasteners. For greater reliability, bolted connections are combined with additional welding of seams.
When transforming a cultivator into a minitractor, it is often a fracture that is used, consisting of two independent half-frames, connected to each other by means of hinges. Thanks to this design, all four wheels of the tractor are almost always in contact with the ground, and they practically do not hang out when using homemade products on an uneven surface or slippery road. This allows you to increase the stability of the mini tractor from the tiller, improve its maneuverability and cross-country ability when carrying out arable and transport operations.
A hinge device is mounted to the front or rear section of the prepared frame according to the scheme, which will allow the tractor to make it possible to work with auxiliary devices. You can immediately weld a hitch at the back for towing a trailer. this will further expand the functionality of a homemade motorcycle tractor obtained from a tiller.
Advantages of homemade tractors from tillers
The advantages of owning such a unit are obvious. Unlike a tiller, it will allow:
- Expand functionality;
- Facilitate the operator’s work;
- Realize traction potential.
Using skills, you can make a multifunctional and efficient mini tractor from a conventional motorized cultivator with limited capabilities. Maneuverable, compact. it is able to work even in densely planted areas, between bushes and trees, as well as in a limited local area, without spoiling the paving slabs and asphalt pavement. Look at the form where there is a video about the work of homemade equipment.
To make a mini tractor from a tiller means to acquire agricultural machinery with the broadest functionality. Together with it, you can use a variety of attachments: cultivator, potato planter, cutter, harrow, rotary mower, plow, hillers, etc. And if equipped with a hydraulically driven stacker, then a homemade tractor can also be operated as a stacker or a crane. Thanks to its practical design, working on such a homemade product is simple, comfortable and safe. And the remaining motoblock parts can be used to create other homemade products. A homemade mini tractor is better than the most expensive heavy motor cultivator and cheaper than a heavy tractor.
Mini tractor from Tiller Neva
Converting a tiller into a small tractor may be slightly different. It all depends on the design features of the tiller and his abilities. Consider the principle of making a mini-tractor from Neva tillers.
As in the first case, before making a minitractor, you need to study the diagrams. They detail the dimensions of the elements and the order of their installation during assembly. The procedure for rework will be as follows:
- The frame is made in the same way as in the first case. To create it, use pipes of different sections. Fastening of the frame elements is carried out by means of bolts and welding;
- Next, proceed to the manufacture and installation of the chassis. To mount the rear wheels, use an additional axle, which can be made from steel pipe. Press the bearings and bushings into both ends of the latter, which will be equipped with the rear wheels;
- Further, the tractor from the Tiller Neva must be equipped with a motor. over, the engine can be installed both in the front and in the rear of the frame. In the second case, the front and rear wheelbase of the mini tractor will need to be expanded;
In the end, the self-made unit will remain equipped with a driver’s seat, lighting devices and side lights. Due to its small size, the finished tractor will have high maneuverability, which will allow it to be used effectively in hard-to-reach places.
Mini tractor from a tiller: 4 do-it-yourself manufacturing option
Many tiller owners often think about upgrading their agricultural equipment. In fact, it will not be difficult to improve the available unit, and make a full-fledged mini-tractor out of it. However, you will be required to study the recommendations and follow the procedure. this will give you the opportunity to get an effective homemade mini tractor that will be able to solve absolutely all the tasks assigned to it.
Mini tractor from Tiller Bison
Tillers of this brand have a reliable and powerful enough motor, the presence of which allows the unit to be converted into an all-wheel drive minitractor. Before starting work, be sure to study the detailed drawings, and also buy steel sheets, pipes and corners. The procedure for manufacturing a mini tractor is as follows:
- When arranging the frame, you will need to expand the existing tiller frame. This is necessary in order to install additional wheels. Cut the corners and pipes into suitable pieces, then weld them to each other;
- The front beam on the mini tractor is mounted by means of a ready-made hub equipped with brakes. Wheels in the front of the unit must correspond to the size of the rear wheels, or be slightly larger than the latter. this will prevent the mini-tractor from “burrowing” when driving over rough terrain;
- Then install the tiller motor. It is best to mount it at the front to achieve the best balance of the overall structure;
- Weld the towbar to the rear of the finished mini-tractor. it will be required for mounting the trailer.
A home-made mini-tractor, made on the basis of the Zubr tiller, will be able to cope with a number of the most difficult economic tasks: plowing the soil, mowing grass, collecting and transporting crops.
Do-it-yourself mini tractor from a tiller. manufacturing procedure
Before you start making a mini tractor based on a tiller, you will need to prepare the materials necessary for work. The conversion kit includes:
- welding machine;
- screwdrivers and wrenches;
- electric drill and a set of various drills;
- angle grinder and a set of discs for working with metal;
- set of nuts and bolts.
Suitable drawings will help to correctly assemble a tractor from a tiller. In them you will find information about the order in which to connect the parts and what method of fastening is suitable for their reliable installation. Converting a tiller into a mini tractor is performed in the following order:
- A mini tractor based on a tiller must be equipped with a strong, reliable frame. It must withstand an additional pair of wheels, plus the load transported in the tractor will press on the supporting structure. For making a solid frame, pipes or metal corners are best. Be sure to keep in mind that the heavier the frame, the better the adhesion of the mini tractor to the road, and the better the plowing of the soil will be. The thickness of the frame walls is also not very important. the main thing is that they do not bend under the pressure of the transported cargo. You can cut the blanks for making the frame using an angle grinder. Then all the parts are connected to each other first by means of bolts, after which they are finally welded to each other. To make the frame stronger and more reliable, equip it with a crossbeam;
- Immediately after the frame has been manufactured, it can be equipped with a hitch, by means of which the small tractor will be equipped with additional accessories. The hitch can be installed both in the front and in the rear of the supporting structure. If in the future the minitractor being manufactured is planned to be used in tandem with a trailer, then a hitch should be welded to the rear of its frame;
- At the next stage, the homemade product is equipped with front wheels. For this, the mini-tractor being manufactured is best equipped with two ready-made hubs with brakes provided on them. Next, you need to fix the wheels themselves. To do this, take a piece of steel pipe, the diameter of which fits the front axle. Next, attach the wheel hubs to the pipe. Drill a hole in the central part of the pipe, which is necessary for mounting the product to the front of the frame. Then install the tie rods and adjust them in relation to the frame by means of a worm gear. After installing the gearbox, install the steering column. The axle at the rear of the manufactured tractor is mounted through pressed-in bearing bushings. Wheels used should be no more than 15 inches in diameter. Smaller parts will lead to the “burying” of the unit with the front part, and larger wheels will significantly impair the maneuverability of the mini tractor;
- The next step is to equip the minitractor with a tiller engine. It is best to mount the motor at the front of the machine, as this will improve the balance of the agricultural machine when operating with a loaded trailer. Establish a secure mounting system to mount the motor. When installing the motor, do not forget that the power take-off shaft must be secured coaxially with the pulley located on the rear axle of the mini-tractor. The force on the wheels must be carried out by means of a belt drive. details about converting a tiller into a mini tractor will be described in the video.
A self-made tractor will remain equipped with a reliable braking system and a high-quality hydraulic valve, which is necessary for the proper operation of the unit with attachments.
How to make a mini tractor from MTZ tiller?
To remake Tillers of this brand, you should also take into account their design and capabilities. MTZ units have a sufficiently high power, which makes it possible to make a full-fledged tracked mini-tractor out of them. It will be distinguished by high cross-country ability and excellent grip, due to which the quality of plowing the soil of such a machine will be several times higher than that of wheeled mini-tractors.
Before starting work, be sure to study the drawings, in which you will find all the information required for the alteration. The procedure for assembling a mini tractor is as follows:
- First put the tiller into mower operation;
- Then completely dismantle the front platform of the unit;
- Install a caterpillar drive in the front of the mini-tractor being manufactured;
- Install an adjusting rod in the niche for mounting the steering rod. This element will increase the rigidity of the entire structure;
- Weld the driver’s seat to the top of the frame;
- Next to the motor, arrange a platform for mounting the battery and hydraulic valve.
Such a manufacturing method is suitable for converting MTZ 05, MTZ 09 and MTZ 12 tillers into small tractors. Each of them has a sufficient power reserve to work together with a trailer and attachments at the same time.
Mini tractor from Tiller Agro
Before you start reworking the tillers of this brand, you should stock up on material and the necessary tools. To work you will need:
- sheets and profiles of stainless steel;
- seat and steering wheel. can be removed from an old car;
- a pair of wheels. their diameter should not exceed 15 ”;
- a set of fasteners;
- angle grinder and electric drill;
- hammer and welding machine.
After preparing everything you need, we advise you to study the diagrams that will tell you the correct procedure for installing the tractor elements. We also advise you to see photos that will certainly help you in the manufacture of an agricultural unit.
Unlike the tillers of the manufacturers listed above, the Agro brand equipment has one significant drawback, which must be taken into account when converting a tiller into a mini tractor. It lies in the fact that the tiller axis has very weak fracture strength. This kind of fracture will certainly affect if you exceed the maximum permissible load on the mini-tractor frame. To avoid further malfunction, the mini tractor will need to be equipped with wheel gears.
The procedure for assembling the unit is as follows:
- The first step is to weld a sturdy tractor frame. To do this, use steel profiles and pipes. Be sure to keep in mind that the heavier the frame made, the better the adhesion of the minitractor to the ground will be. At the rear of the supporting structure, weld the tow hitch, which is required to hitch the trailer to the unit;
- Then proceed to the manufacture and arrangement of the minitractor undercarriage. To do this, you can purchase a pair of ready-made front wheels, as well as hubs equipped with brakes. After purchasing the parts, attach the hubs to the steel pipe, and drill the holes in the front of the frame that will be required to mount the hubs to the mini tractor. Next, install the steering rods using a worm gear. After the rods, secure the steering column and rear axle. When installing the latter in the bushings used for mounting, press in the bearings. Install a pulley on the rear axle and secure the wheels;
- Then mount the engine to the front of the frame. We advise you to do this by means of an additional frame placed on special shock absorbers. this will avoid strong vibrations at high loads on the motor;
- Next, install the driver’s seat on the mini-tractor, connecting it to the frame through the springs. thanks to them, it will be much more convenient to work with the mini-tractor.
If you wish, your hand-made compact tractor can be equipped with a canopy that protects you from rain and sun. To make it, 4 steel pipes must be welded to the frame next to the seat and steering column, to which a steel sheet must be fixed by spot welding. As a result, you will get a reliable unit for a summer residence, which will quickly cope with all the tasks assigned to it.
Basically, these are copies of Russian models. Their cost is lower, but it is achieved not only due to cheap labor, but also by saving on materials for production, technological equipment. This negatively affects the quality of finished products.
How to make a mini tractor from Tiller Neva
First, we purchase the tiller itself, on which a hook has already been pre-mounted, factory or in the form of a homemade product. Then it will be possible to attach trailers with a body, on which cargo is easily transported, regardless of size. There are other additional details that add comfort when using:
- Brake and gas pedals.
- Steering Wheel.
The volume of Neva tillers is usually in the range of 6-8 liters. Therefore, a mini-tractor with such a basis requires a minimum number of modifications.
If you have an electric welding and an angle grinder along with additional tools, you can create a dump truck yourself. The main thing is to give a special design to the frame mount, and to make sure that the mini tractor from the tiller can tilt the trailer, turn it. The controls of these devices duplicate each other, so the tiller can be used separately, simply by disassembling a small tractor.
Of the important parameters for these devices, it is worth listing:
- Cost, manufacturer.
- Plow size.
- The type of engine used.
- The weight.
- Power level.
Detailed consideration is relevant for each characteristic.
Power. Usually it depends on the area that requires processing in a particular area. The larger the site, the more powerful tiller you need to take.
Weight is determined by the type of cultivated soil. For hard soil varieties, do not choose too light tools. Otherwise, the mini tractors simply will not cope with their purpose.
Compared to gasoline engines, diesel engines are much quieter. They have low compression, allowing them to run even in severe frosts without additional problems. But the diesel engine wins in terms of the economy of its use. It has stable revs and increased traction. With heavy soils and large areas, it is the diesel engine that will better cope.
Readiness for physical plane loads, depth and patience are factors that must be taken into account when determining suitable dimensions for future acquisition. The best choice is considered to be collapsible models that are adjustable in width, then the plow will be easy to adjust depending on your needs at any given moment.
There is a close relationship between factors such as cost and manufacturer. If possible, it is better to choose products from firms that have been on the market for a long time. But you can get by with cheaper analogs if financial opportunities are limited. Russian products will also become the best option for most.
The optimal solution at an affordable price. Options with a V-belt transmission, or the transmission of torque to a mower, snow blower or brush, have gained popularity among buyers. In any case, the process is not complete without the participation of a special belt.
A feature of our developments is a simple device of the clutch system. This makes maintenance and repairs easier. From the maintenance procedures, only the replacement of the belt remains. Even Soviet engineers designed a gearbox, which is recognized as one of the most successful on the market. Imported professional motors are used. The units are functional and reliable. They are slightly inferior to imported ones, but in cost they are far ahead.
Mini tractor from Tiller Agro
As always, we prepare several main parts in advance. these are the steering and braking system, additional wheels, and the hydraulic system. Hydraulics are needed for the system to work normally in combination with attachments. Extra wheels are easy to get from a regular car.
In the case of the Tiller Agro, additional actions will be required to strengthen the driving axle shaft together with wheel gears. Let us assume that the engine is located behind the device. Then the load will be distributed as evenly as possible.
Homemade mini tractor from Tiller “Zubr”
Of the required details:
- Cylinder with brake.
- Foot mechanisms, pedals.
- Steering column, complete with rods.
- Front beam, connects to hubs and discs for brakes.
- Rear fenders.
- Rear linkage with manual lift.
The last step is the joint assembly, using a hammer and a drill, wrenches with a welding machine. Additionally, wheels are installed in front. The engine is attached to the frame at the front, so the mini tractor maintains balance during operation. The power take-off shaft is located on the same axle with the pulley on the rear axle of the vehicle. The belt drive helps transfer force from one part to another. Belt tensioning and adjustment will be easier if the motor mount is floating.
Do-it-yourself mini tractor from a tiller
As for the components, ready-made factory kits are suitable for them. They are still cheaper than the mini tractor itself. But this option is suitable only for those who do not want to save on absolutely everything.
Making a homemade tractor will become impossible without:
- angle grinder and discs for working with metal.
- Fasteners and hardware. The latter designation is used for bolts and nuts.
- Channels and pipes with a metal base.
- Drill coming with drill sets.
- Welding equipment.
- Tool kits.
You cannot do without two suitable wheels, together with a hitch and a driver’s seat, steering gear, pedals, and the tiller itself. It must have a sufficient power level. Heavy class diesel powered unit. ideal.
Do-it-yourself mini tractor from a tiller
Despite the fact that the tillage with the help of a tiller is rather fast, it is more efficient to use a mini-tractor. But factory models are quite expensive, so many site owners create such designs on their own. To do this, make a mini tractor from a tiller with your own hands.
Tractor engine and accessories
Most often, the engine is located on the front of the frame, and the seat is installed in the back. At the place where the engine will be installed, a fastening system of metal pipes is created in advance.
Only after the engine is installed and secured to the frame, the brake system and hydraulic valve are installed. The second element is required to secure attachments. If the tractor will move on roads, it is necessary to install parking lights and headlights on the structure.
For the listed units, the assembly process of homemade mini tractors from a tiller is the same, so the owners of such units can follow the same rules.
Before you start, you should prepare all the tools in advance and think about what parts will be needed to create a tractor. The easiest option is to purchase a ready-made kit for such devices. Converting a tiller into a mini tractor is carried out using the following tools:
- angle grinder with discs for cutting metal;
- electric drill;
- welding machine;
Unlike a motor-cultivator, a mini-tractor allows you to work on a large area. At the same time, such a mechanism allows you to work the area with greater comfort than when using a cultivator.
But it is worth remembering that the unit must meet certain characteristics. If you do not take them into account, the mini-tractor will not be able to perform all working functions. When choosing a mechanism, attention is paid to the following characteristics:
- Product power. The larger the area that needs to be processed by the mini-tractor, the more the power of the purchased product should be.
- The type of fuel used. It is better to purchase devices that run on diesel fuel. This is due to the fact that the engines of such tillers are easier to cope with soil processing in large areas. It is worth noting that they use less fuel.
- Weight. If the tiller is purchased for use as a separate device, it is worth giving preference to models that have less weight. But when choosing a mechanism for creating a mini-tractor, you need to look closely at models with a large weight, since if the machine is light, it will not be able to process hard soil with high quality.
- Cost. It is pointless to choose the most expensive tiller, since this mechanism is purchased in order to save money. Many inexpensive models are suitable for building a quality mini tractor.
Several common tillers are suitable for all these parameters:
If desired, you can find a kit for converting a tiller into a mini tractor. This will allow you to assemble a reliable structure without looking for materials and creating a frame yourself.
It should be noted that the tiller “Agro” has the disadvantage that the axle is not strong enough to break. To prevent damage to the mini-tractor when using this tiller, it is necessary to strengthen the problem area. This can be done by installing wheel reducers. Before you make a mini tractor from a tiller, it is worth learning about the most common products that are being altered by the owners of the sites.
Like the previous specified tiller, this unit is equipped with a diesel engine. Converting a tiller into a mini tractor will require the use of the following elements:
Assembling the frame
First you need to add a second pair of wheels to the tiller. This requires details such as a metal profile pipe and corners. The section of the products should be selected taking into account the loads for which the tractor will be designed. When choosing pipes, it is worth purchasing products with a larger wall thickness, since with a greater weight the tractor is more efficient.
After drawing up a drawing of a homemade minitractor from a tiller, all elements are cut by an angle grinder, and then connected by welding. You can fasten parts both by welding and bolting.
During the creation of the frame, you must immediately create a mount that will allow you to work with attachments. The mount can be installed on either the rear or the front of the frame.
The front wheelset is secured as follows:
- First, a part of the metal pipe is cut.
- Then the wheel hubs are fixed on this part.
- After completing the described steps, you need to drill a hole in the center. It is necessary to secure the frame.
When creating a rear wheelset, a pulley is attached to the axle, which is necessary to transfer power from the engine.
Mini tractor assembly instructions
After a careful study of the diagrams and drawings, you need to prepare a set of materials and equipment for work. It includes:
- welding machine;
- a set of keys and screwdrivers, nuts and bolts;
- angle grinder and discs for it;
- electric drill with accessory drills.
The installation of the mini tractor can be started. This should not be done without the corresponding drawings, because they describe not only the assembly procedure, but also indicate the individual features of the fasteners, the connection of parts on the selected model. The general reconstruction scheme is as follows:
- manufacturing of a frame, which will subsequently have to withstand the structure itself and the cargo being transported;
- fixing a hitch for additional devices on the tractor (if a trailer is not planned in the model, then it can be installed both in front and in the rear; for a trailer behind the frame, a hitch must be welded. a hook for hitching to a trailer);
- installation of front wheels with braking system and steering;
- equipping the minitractor with an engine from a motor-plow in the front of the structure for a reliable balance when transporting goods.
Important! The diameter of the front wheels should be 38-40 centimeters. Smaller tractor will tilt forward, larger tractor will decrease its maneuverability.
This is a general diagram of the assembly and reconstruction of a miniature tractor using a tiller engine. Each of them has its own picking features, they must be used in the process of self-alteration of models.
When choosing a cultivator for assembling a future model, you need to decide on its main parameters:
- motor power;
- engine type (runs on gasoline or diesel);
- plow dimensions;
- its weight;
Important! The place of manufacture of the unit is of great importance for future operation. If the tiller is made in Russia, then there will be fewer problems with spare parts for repair than with foreign suppliers, who often delay deliveries.
In the process of converting tillers into mini tractors, products from Russia, China and Belarus are used. To make the right choice, you need to get acquainted with the characteristics of each manufacturer.
Russian Tillers are the most popular among technical enthusiasts who want to convert them into a more complex car. They have positive qualities that are used in the alteration process: a belt clutch in the transmission and a system of all-wheel drive attachments, imported motors with small dimensions, great efficiency and fuel economy.
tiller produced at MTZ
Chinese tillers are a copy of Russian ones, but they have a number of individual characteristics. This is the use of motors, independently designed and produced, simplified designs and the use of cheap materials, reduced cost. Tillers from China in appearance differ little from their Russian counterparts. The most famous and popular are such models as Aurora, Bison, Centaur.
Tillers produced at MTZ (Minsk Tractor Plant) are also in great demand in the market. As with Russian designs, Belarusian manufacturers also use engines from foreign companies Honda and Weima on their chillers. An individual feature lies in the use of a multi-plate clutch, similar to tricycles.
Tiller mini tractor
Many landowners use agricultural machinery on their plots. For work on small land plots, a mini tractor will be the most convenient in terms of size and price. With its help, you can plow the land even where there are plantations and beds. If you buy a ready-made car for your site, then it will not justify the costs even for tens of years of operation. Therefore, the best option would be to make a mini tractor with your own hands from a tiller.
Why from Tiller? The fact is that on the farm, almost every farmer has this very convenient and necessary unit. But it often happens that outdated models are written off and simply gather dust in the sheds. So why not give them a new life and make a mini tractor from a motor cultivator yourself?
Tiller mini tractor
Such small-sized equipment can be used both as a snowblower, and for plowing and cultivating the soil, and even for planting potatoes. Converting a tiller into a miniature tractor that will be more complex, more mobile, and more powerful has another advantage: low cost. To create a homemade mini tractor is within the power of any person who is at least a little versed in technology. There is no special, universal construction scheme; each master has his own. Still, before work, you need to work out more than one drawing, study more than a dozen schemes of the future model.
Aggregate manufacturing options
Assembling a mini tractor with your own hands with an engine from a tiller depends on the choice of a future model. If the tractor is later to be used for work on large areas, then the power and weight of the cultivator must be very high. This also applies to the type of soil. a light cultivator cannot process hard layers of soil with sufficient quality. From similar calculations, a motor-plow is selected for lightweight soils.
If you focus on the type of engine, then the choice of an economical diesel engine is designed for processing large areas with difficult soil. A diesel engine stands out from a group of similar units with a very noisy engine operation. In contrast, the gasoline engine is much quieter. Starts up quickly in any weather, but consumes a lot of fuel, so it is more rational to use it in small areas with loose soil.
Plow for plowing on a mini tractor from a tiller
A plow for plowing on a mini tractor from a tiller must be chosen, taking into account the depth of plowing. For this, a collapsible version is suitable, which during assembly can be adjusted and adjusted as needed.
The next important point in the alteration is the choice of the manufacturer. Chinese tillers are considered the cheapest, but they often fail at work. Therefore, domestic models are recommended, the most famous of which are Favorite, Neva, Salyut, Agro, Cascade.
There are several options for how you can remake tractors based on tilers. Self-assembly is easy to do, you just need to study the drawings well and prepare everything you need for work.
Mini tractors based on MTZ, Ugra, Agro, Zubr, Neva tillers
Tiller MTZ is considered a “heavyweight” because it has a high power, which allows you to turn it into a tracked vehicle. Such a mini tractor has a high cross-country ability and deep plowing of land.
The wide capabilities of the Urga tiller (cultivation, watering, the presence of an earth auger, a forage grinder and even a circular saw) will make it possible to use them in a mini tractor with high efficiency.
The mini tractor from the “Agro” tiller has one drawback that can affect its operation. The axis of the module is fragile and can break when overloaded. To avoid this, when reconstructing in a mini tractor, you need to use wheel gears to strengthen the axle.
On a mini-tractor assembled from the Zubr tiller, you can perform different types of work: plowing the land, mowing grass, collecting and transporting crops. The machine is very reliable and powerful thanks to the strong engine.
A tractor based on the Neva tiller is lightweight and highly maneuverable. This allows it to be used for processing hard-to-reach garden and summer cottages.
Important! To create a full-fledged technique, you need to choose a tiller weighing at least 100 kilograms. The fact is that the center of gravity in the minitractor is located high, the use of a “light” tiller can lead to overturning of the unit. For this reason, it is recommended to widen the wheel spacing.
At the request of the master, in each new model of the mini-tractor, you can make a cab with a canopy, install a seat for the driver, connect it with springs to the frame. It is possible to use headlights for work in the evening and at night. All these improvements will create convenience and comfort for the owner of the car. This, in turn, will increase the performance of the unit.