Do-it-yourself snow blower for the tiller of the eye
Preparation of basic elements
We propose to first consider the option of how to make a snow blower with your own hands based on an old engine from a tiller. To do this, you need to prepare:
- Sheet (roofing) iron for assembling the auger body;
- Steel corner 50×50 mm for the frame of the structure;
- Plywood 10 mm thick for side parts;
- Half-inch pipe for equipping the handle of the machine.
When planning to equip a homemade snow blower with an air-cooled engine, it is imperative to provide additional protection for the air intake opening from small snow particles emitted during operation.
The engine power of this device is 6.5 hp. It is quite enough for cleaning fresh snow from the backyard area.
Thanks to the machine’s working width of 50 cm, it will be convenient to move the structure and clear winding paths on the site. The machine has compact dimensions, its width does not exceed 65 cm.This allows at any time, as unnecessary, to hide the snow blower in the shed, it easily passes through a regular doorway.
A ”tube can be used to make the auger shaft. A through-cut is made in the pipe, which is necessary to fix a metal blade with dimensions of 120×270 mm. In the process of work, the captured snow mass from the conveyor belt will move by the auger to the blade. This blade, in turn, under the action of the rotation of the shaft, will throw the snow to the sides.
The frame of the snow blower can be welded from steel corners of 50×50 mm, and closer to the edges of the structure in the pipe to the transverse corners, it remains only to weld two corners on each side, the dimensions of which are 25×25 mm
In the future, the engine platform will be attached to these corners. You can fasten the transverse corners with the longitudinal ones and fix the control handles on them using bolts (M8).
The auger tube is equipped with a metal blade and four rubber rings d = 28 cm, the material for the manufacture of which can be a tire sidewall or a 1.5-meter conveyor belt 1.5 mm thick.
You can cut out rings from a rubber base using a simple device: drive two screws into the board, and then fasten this structure tightly to the tape and turn it in a circle. You can significantly simplify the cutting procedure using a jigsaw
Since the snow blower auger will rotate in self-aligning bearings 205, they must be placed on the pipe. In order to make a snow blower yourself, you can use any bearings, the main thing is that they must be closed. A support from the universal joint of old Zhiguli models can act as a protective casing for bearings.
Advice. In order for the structure to fit well into the bearings, you need to make a couple of cuts in it and tap it lightly. Such manipulations make it possible to slightly reduce the diameter of the shaft.
A piece of plastic sewer pipe d = 160 mm is well suited for throwing snow. It is fixed on a pipe of the same diameter, placed on the auger body itself
The continuation of this section of the pipe will be a chute for ejection of snow, the diameter of which should be larger than the width of the metal blade of the auger.
Do-it-yourself snow blower: analysis of the 3 best homemade designs
The snow season is the favorite time of children: skiing and sledding, fun snowball games and building ice castles. But the owners of country houses are not very happy with the abundance of snow, because they have to again take up a shovel and clear the territory. It’s good when you have the opportunity to buy a snowblower and turn your seasonal duty into a pleasant job. But if there is no extra money to buy a useful “assistant”, you can always make a snow blower with your own hands from materials that have long been gathering dust idle in the corner of a workshop or a shed.
Construction # 1. auger snow blower model
Assembling the structure
Before assembling the structure, you must pay attention to the fact that the dimensions of the machine body must exceed the dimensions of the auger itself by a couple of centimeters. This will prevent the mechanism from touching the walls of the case during operation.
Since the snow blower engine can be used for other purposes during snowless periods, it is advisable to provide a quick-detachable convenient platform in the design of the unit, thanks to which the engine can be removed at any time without using any tools.
A significant advantage of this design solution is the ease of cleaning the body and moving parts of the machine from compacted snow. And it is much easier to put away such a snow blower for storage: just remove the engine and the car will become twice as light.
The basis for skis is wooden beams, which are additionally equipped with plastic pads. You can make such overlays from the wiring box
The snow blower is now ready for use. It remains only to paint the homemade device and start work on clearing the snow.
Construction # 2. rotary snow blower “Blizzard
This device, which is quite simple in design, can be made in any workshop equipped with a lathe and a welding machine. The snow collector, designed by Penza craftsmen, performed well even in rather difficult conditions of snow patches.
The design of the device is based on: an engine with a built-in muffler, a gas tank and a cable for controlling the throttle valve.
To begin with, you need to make a rotor on a lathe on the basis of a corresponding workpiece from an electric motor part. Outwardly, it looks like a steel disc d = 290 mm and 2 mm thick. The disk, connected with the hub by means of bolts, forms a structure, to which 5 blades are already attached by welding. To increase the efficiency of the mechanism, the blades are additionally reinforced with stiffeners on the reverse side.
The cooling system of the motor works on the principle of a fan, the blades of which are made of duralumin and are fixed on the pulley to start the motor
The fan is protected by a soldered casing located on the crankcase cover. To improve the quality of cooling, the cylinder head is placed at an angle of 90 degrees.
The shaft is mounted on the rotor housing on four ball bearings arranged in pairs. It is fixed to the body with a steel retaining ring and bolts. The rotor body itself is pressed against the frame using a special bracket, which partially captures the pressure ring.
Assembly diagrams of the main elements of the “Vyuga” snowblower
Removable elements of the machine are the aluminum wall of the rotor housing and the scrapers placed along the frame.
A significant advantage of a home-made snowblower is the ability to adjust the working width by changing the scrapers. At the height and quality characteristics of the unit. The weight of the structure does not exceed 18 kg, which makes it possible to use it for women, and the range of snow throwing is about 8 meters.
Working with a tiller blade
Before starting work, the shovel-blade of the tiller is manually turned left and right at an angle of up to 30 degrees. The position adjustment operation is completed by setting the desired angle and securing the blade in the selected position with cotter pins.
The blade width for a tiller blade is usually one meter (some models may have a different value) with a bucket metal thickness of 2 to 3 mm. In the factory, shovels are made of high quality steel.
Homemade blade for a tiller do it yourself drawings
Snow plows, easily mounted on all types of equipment, significantly speed up and facilitate the process of clearing snow. Any snow blower blade for a tiller contains three main parts. a snow shovel, a shovel angle adjustment device and an attachment point that fixes the shovel on the tractor frame.
There are several designs of ready-made dumps that are included in the attachment kits, however, such a “grader” can make a homemade dump for the tiller with your own hands, the drawings are given below.
The dump shovel is an attachment element used in conjunction with the tiller. With its help, it is possible to mechanize such ordinary work on the land plot as garbage collection, snow removal in winter, as well as leveling the ground and transferring it from one place to another. Dump shovels have various modifications, but in general they are characterized by the general principle of operation and device. As a rule, they have several typical operating positions. Usually these are the following three points:
- left (with a slope of 30 degrees)
- to the right (with a slope of 30 degrees)
How to make a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller
Making a blade for a tiller with your own hands is not difficult at all if your farm has an angle grinder, drill and welding machine.
Here is one of the simple options for such a product for the owners of tillers. You will not have to search for a suitable metal for a long time, since for this you can use an ordinary two-hundred-liter steel barrel.
Carefully cut it into three pieces and you have three curved segments for the shovel. Welding two of them along the contour, we get a product with a metal thickness of three millimeters, which is quite enough to ensure the rigidity of the blade.
The lower part of the blade is reinforced with a knife. To do this, you need a 5 mm thick steel strip equal to the length of the blade. Holes with a diameter of 5-6 mm are drilled in the knife with a step of 10-12 cm to fix a rubber safety strip.
The design of fastening the blade to the tiller is quite simple and can be easily implemented in a home workshop. At the same time, a 40×40 mm square pipe is welded to the blade, welded from two segments of the barrel, approximately in the middle of its height for reinforcement. Then a semicircle of thick steel is welded to the pipe in its middle, in which three holes are made, necessary to fix the angles of rotation of the shovel-blade.
After that, an L-shaped holder is cooked from the same pipe, one end of which is inserted into the hole in the semicircle, and the other is bolted to the tiller frame. To adjust the lifting height of the shovel, bolts A and B are used. They are screwed into the holes in a piece of square pipe, which is welded to the hitch and put on the L-shaped holder.
Blade for tiller device and equipment
Shovels for tillers can be equipped with metal knives-attachments, which are convenient for leveling the ground, as well as rubber attachments, designed for snow removal.
Since there is a wide range of modifications of shovel-dumps, when choosing such an attachment, be sure to make sure that the device can be installed on an existing tiller.
Manufacturers do not equip tiller shovels with spring damping mechanisms, since due to the low speed of movement, no special protection against contact with uneven ground is required. The tiller also does not need lifting and slewing devices, which significantly reduces the total cost of the snow removal kit.
When equipping your tiller with snow plow accessories, buy special metal grousers. Replacing pneumatic wheels with such “shoes” significantly improves the quality of snow removal.
for mounted shovels for tillers are low and range from 4000 to 6000 rubles.
How to make a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller drawings, videos, photos
The harsh winter is such that the owners of private houses often have to deal with snow removal. To solve the snow problem, they use various tools, shovels, etc. Manual snow removal from a large area with the existing level of technology development has become a rare case. And indeed, why do you need to waste long hours and energy on clearing snowdrifts and debris from your backyard, if you can make a homemade dump for a tiller with your own hands?
DIY shovel blade for tiller
The size of our shovel blade for the tiller will be 850x220x450mm. The blade itself is made of steel sheet with a thickness of 2-3 mm. The uprights located inside are made of 3-4 mm thick sheet and serve as stiffeners.
Holes are drilled in them in place to attach the blade to the rods, taking into account the strictly vertical position of the blade in relation to the front of the tiller.
- 1. dump sheet (tin);
- 2. rack 4pcs (stiffeners);
- 3. the bottom sheet of the dump (tin);
- 4. knife;
- 5. an eye for fastening the traction.
The blade fixing bracket is installed on the tiller legs, to which the base of the front tiller support is attached, and the same M10 bolts are used. Rods 520 mm long are fastened to the brackets with M8 bolts with wing nuts, which are attached to the stiffeners of the blade.
In the inner stiffeners (strut x 3-4 mm thick) holes are drilled to fasten the blade with the rods so that the blade is located in a vertical position with respect to the tiller. The blade is additionally fixed on the chiller by means of two adjusting rods: in the inoperative position, they enable the brackets to be unloaded. A knife with dimensions of 3x100x850 mm is bolted to the bottom of the blade.
- 1. blade;
- 2. barbell;
- 3. bracket;
- 4. thrust.
The bottom of the dump is sheathed with tin to prevent it from being buried in the ground. The width (depth) of the bottom can be made smaller than shown in the drawing. With a blade height of 450mm and a depth of 220mm, it looks more like a bucket.
Taking these recommendations as a basis and experimenting with dimensions will help to make a blade-blade for different tillers: Neva, Salut, etc. Then snow removal with a tiller will become an easy and pleasant thing for you.
tiller with adapter
Simple model for snow removal, based on adapter and tiller, will help you quickly clear the surrounding area
A snow removal nozzle is mounted to the unit. it is pre-designed by hand. A metal sheet with sharp edges is used to make a knife.
The main elements need to be cut out of steel and then welded. A snow knife is mounted from the bottom. The next stage is the assembly of the blade to the main block. It should be fixed with rods and a bracket. After that, the rods are attached and brought out to the operator’s handle through the ears.
Step-by-step manufacturing instructions
A do-it-yourself snowblower for a tiller can be made on a lathe based on a ready-made engine from a chainsaw. General scheme of actions:
- Weld the body from steel sheets. At the same time, the lower edges are bent in order for it to walk better in the snow (they make a kind of runners with their own hands).
- Make a snow blower auger for a tiller. You can take a ready-made version or do it yourself.
- Install it in the case.
- Put on the transmission mechanism. To do this, you need to fix the sprocket with your own hands and connect the tiller and the mounted snow blower with a chain drive.
- Weld the outlet pipe from metal sheets and install it on the structure with your own hands.
- Install stand with handle.
The device and principle of operation of a snow blower for a tiller
The device for a snow blower for a tiller is quite simple, so you can make it yourself. The source of energy is a gasoline engine that rotates the auger. The mechanism breaks the snow mass, and the rotor blades rake it under themselves and push it through a special passage. a branch pipe. Thanks to this, the snow can be thrown aside for several meters.
The operator holds the machine by the comfortable handles and pushes it forward. Smooth running is provided by a pair of wheels on tires with a relief surface. By gradually moving the snow blower forward, the operator clears the entire area of snow.
HOW-TO Quickly Un-flood An Engine!
The schematic diagram of the device can be represented in the form of a figure, in which the numbers indicate:
- Auger drive.
- Track drive.
- Drive belt.
- Parasitic roller (to ensure the reverse of the machine).
- Intermediate shaft.
- Belt tension roller (for forward movement).
A home-made snow removal unit is in demand, since in many regions the winters are quite snowy
In practice, four versions of the snow blower are used. All of them can be designed at home:
- Adapter unit.
- Snow plow.
Required materials and tools
To create a snow plow attachment to the tiller with your own hands, you will need the following parts, tools and materials:
- gasoline engine (from the “Neva” chainsaw or another model);
- gas tank;
- steel or duralumin sheets;
- metal corner (for the frame);
- chain with sprockets;
- pipes (for the handle);
- welding machine;
- angle grinder;
Fan-auger (combined) snow blower
This tiller snow blower consists of the following elements:
- Auger. pipe with two trunnions.
- Rotor with steel blades 3-4 mm.
- The body is a metal box that can be welded by hand.
- Ejection pipe made of metal sheets with a curved head.
Combination unit helps to get rid of even packed snow.
Fan (rotary) snow blower
A fan snow blower for a tiller can be made with your own hands from the following elements:
- drum with bearing;
- impeller with blades (they run parallel to the axis of rotation);
- a box-pipe made of steel with runners (it is welded to the drum);
- guide blades (they are sharpened and also welded to the drum).
The axle protrudes beyond the drum and, with the help of the transmission mechanism, contacts the shaft of the gasoline engine. Snow goes along the guides, falls on the blades of the rotating impeller and is carried away into the pipe, through which it is thrown to the side.
A small amount of loose snow can be removed with a fan design
After assembling the structure, you need to test it. They check: how the blades carry the snow along with them, how the wheels go, whether the runners are catching. In order for a self-assembled car to serve as long as possible, it is recommended to take into account several useful tips:
How To Adjust The Hi Idle On Most Snowblower Engines
- Even during assembly, safety bolts should be used to help prevent dense snow and ice from getting inside the mechanism.
- It is especially important to carefully approach the choice of bearings. they provide the reliability of the design.
- The belt drive is more practical, because if a hard object hits, it will simply jam. It’s also easy to disassemble and replace.
- After each cleaning, it is better to store the tiller in a room with a positive temperature. Then there is no need to additionally warm up the engine, which takes extra time.
- Serving your car is easy. One of the requirements is the regular oil change in the gearbox. In winter, you need to use only liquid, loose oil, because in the cold it will quickly thicken.
Often so much snow falls over several winter days that it can be quite difficult to remove it with a shovel alone. In this case, a tiller will come to the rescue, which can be equipped with a homemade blade. This will help clear the area, saving you time and energy.
Blade design features
The blade is an attachment in the form of a shovel or a bucket installed on the tiller in order to clear the adjacent territory from snow and debris, as well as level the soil. A snow blower for a tiller greatly simplifies cleaning, and can be used both in the house area and in the common area.
- only forward;
- with a slope of 30 ° to the left;
- with a slope of 30 ° to the right.
Before proceeding directly to the manufacture of the snow plow, you should choose the optimal angle of the shovel position, and fix it on the tiller using the L-shaped mount.
Blade from a gas cylinder. how to do it yourself?
One of the most common options is to make a blade from a 200 liter barrel, or from a gas cylinder. Such a nozzle for snow removal will successfully cope with clearing the local area from caked ice-covered snow masses, and will save you time and effort.
As in the first case, you will need a detailed diagram, which will describe in detail all the sizes and installation locations of the main elements of the snow blower. Further, to make an auger or rotary snow blower, you will need to prepare the same materials and tools as in the first case. Steel sheets and stiffeners do not need to be purchased. a cylinder or barrel will be used instead.
A snow plow for a tiller is manufactured as follows:
- Cut an empty barrel or cylinder into 3 parts. as a result, you should have 3 curved segments, from which you need to make a shovel;
- Weld 2 segments of the three obtained to each other along the contour. As a result, you will receive a product with a thickness of 3 mm. this is quite enough for high-quality snow removal;
- Install a sturdy steel blade to reinforce the bottom of the blade. Drill 3 holes in the knife with a pitch of 10 and a diameter of 6 mm. When installing the knife on the bucket, place a rubber gasket between the elements;
- In the middle part of the installed pipe, weld a semicircle in which 3 holes are made in advance. they will be used to securely fix the turning corners of the bucket;
- From another piece of pipe, make an L-shaped holder. Insert one end of the part into one of the holes in the semicircle, and fix the other on the tiller frame. You can see the result of the work done in the photo.
A ready-made snow shovel will help remove a large amount of freshly fallen and packed snow. Thanks to the large bucket width, you can clear a significant swath, saving you time and effort.
For better cleaning of the local area, a sweeping brush can be installed on the manufactured dump. It should be bolted just behind the bucket. If you want to use this element, then during the manufacture of the blade, 2 pipes must be welded to its side parts, at least 1 m long.A third pipe is welded perpendicularly to the pipes, and the brush itself is welded to it.
Installing a snow blower on a tiller. about installation in detail
The blade must be fastened to the tiller by means of a system of brackets that must be welded to the tiller’s supporting structure. Use two rods that will be inoperative as additional locks. The rods will serve to reduce the load on the brackets used.
It is not recommended to use bolts without brackets for fastening for a number of reasons. First, they can freeze to the structure, making it impossible for you to remove the blade from the tiller. Secondly, the bolts, even anchor bolts, during the operation of the tiller with a blade will succumb to strong vibration, which will lead to their deformation or loss right during cleaning. Third, the bolts will not be able to hold the bucket full of snow. As a result, the fasteners will break sooner or later.
How to make a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller?
A shovel for a tiller is one of the simplest options for a blade, but this does not mean that it will take 30 minutes to make it and a minimum of scrap materials. On the contrary, if you want to make a shovel for a tiller, you will need to carefully prepare and purchase all the necessary tools and materials in advance.
In order for the homemade blade to turn out as high quality as possible, be sure to study the drawings. They will tell you the dimensions and order of fastening the elements of the clearing device.
After a detailed study of the drawings, prepare all the necessary equipment and materials. To work you will need:
- tin sheets, at least 3 mm thick. The dimensions of the sheets must be 85 x 22 x 45 cm;
- 1 metal stand. a steel pipe is suitable for this;
- 4 stiffening ribs, about 4 mm thick;
- a strip of steel long enough to cover the blade. The thickness of the strip must be at least 5 mm;
- 2 lugs for fastening the blade rod;
- a set of washers and nuts;
- square pipe, with a cross section of 4 × 4 cm and a length of 1 m;
- a set of drills with a diameter of 5–6 and 8–9 mm;
- a flat piece of rubber;
- 2 rods, 52 cm long each;
- 1 sheet of steel, 10–12 mm thick with dimensions 60 x 60 cm;
- welding machine;
- angle grinder with discs for cutting steel;
- hammer drill or electric drill.
Having all of the above materials and tools on hand will make it easier for you to make a mounted snow blower for a tiller. The correct procedure is as follows:
- Make the intake bucket first. To do this, take the stiffeners and weld the frame from them with three horizontal and four vertical guides. Next, heat the steel sheets with a gas burner and carefully bend the metal so that it takes the shape of a ladle. Weld the finished element to the frame made of stiffeners. As a result, you should have a snow plow identical to the one shown in the photo;
- Next, make a knife for clearing snow. this element should crush the packed snow and strengthen the snow blower on the tiller. To make a knife, take a steel strip and drill 3 identical holes in it, the diameter of which should be 5–6 mm. The distance between them should not be less than 10 cm. Next, fix the knife with bolts, putting a rubber gasket between it and the bucket;
- The next step will be the manufacture and installation of the fastening mechanism. Cut a piece of pipe that is 4 × 4 cm and weld it to the back of the bucket approximately in the middle of the element. In the middle of the tube, weld a piece in the shape of a semicircle. for this, take a thick piece of steel. In a semicircle, make 3 identical holes, which will later be needed to screw in the bolts;
- Next, take the same piece of pipe and make a holder out of it that resembles the letter “G”. Carefully insert one end of the holder into one of the holes in the semicircle, and fasten the other end securely to the tiller frame;
- The bucket lifting height can be adjusted by means of two bolts screwed into the surface of the existing recesses in the square tube. The video will tell you more about the manufacture of a snow plow.
Having made a shovel on a snow tiller, it is imperative to check the operability of the device. First of all, test the serviceability of the blade height adjustment mechanism. this will give confidence that when cleaning in the yard, you will not damage the decorative coating of the local area. The snow plow attachment to the tiller should not outweigh the agricultural machine. if you notice that the center of gravity of the unit and attachments is broken, be sure to attach the weighting weights to the rear of the tiller.
Rules for operating a tiller with a homemade blade
In order for the snow cleaning to take place without unexpected incidents, you should adhere to certain rules for using a homemade blade. These include:
- to save the engine resource, use a snow blade with a height of at least 5 cm. in other cases, you can use only a sweeping brush by raising the bucket;
- when using a tiller with a dump, put special anti-slip chains on the wheels of the unit in advance. they will prevent the machine from skidding on ice;
- when regularly removing a large amount of snow, check the tiller engine from time to time. when working with attachments, it lends itself to increased heating and wear, which can lead to oil boiling in the motor;
- regularly check the reliability of the fasteners. replace brackets with cracks immediately;
- so that the snow plow does not crack and deform, carefully set the height of its position above the cover of the adjacent territory;
- in no case try to scrape off the remnants of snow from the bottom of the bucket. for this you have a sweeping brush;
- always make sure that snow and ice blocks do not fall inside the tiller through the grille and openings in the body. this can lead to engine breakdown, damage to the piston group and carburetor, as well as a short circuit inside the tiller wiring. To protect the unit, cover all openings in its body with steel shields. In this case, the latter should be installed so that their rear parts are slightly bent away from the body. Thus, the air necessary to cool it will get to the engine;
- before installing and using the blade, install a protective plate in front of the front wheels of the tiller. it will prevent ice and snow from falling on the suspension parts of the unit, the melting of which will lead to the formation of rust on the parts;
- if, when raising or lowering the bucket, you find strange creaks emitted by the blade rods, be sure to lubricate the bolts and brackets with grease;
- at the end of the winter season, thoroughly clean and dry the blade of snow and dry before taking the blade to the garage for storage. After that, treat the bucket surface, rods, mounting brackets and bolts with an anti-rust agent;
All of the listed tips for the manufacture, installation and operation of a homemade blade are suitable for tillers Salyut, Agro, OKA, Patriot, MTZ, Agat, Kaskad, as well as Neva MB-1 and MB-2.
Do-it-yourself snow blower for the tiller of the eye
Euro-model. only the best home-made products of the Russian Internet! How to do it yourself, master classes, photos, drawings, instructions, books, videos.
- Homemade catalog
- Design ideas
- Homemade video
- Books and magazines
- The best homemade products
- Homemade products for giving
- Homemade gadgets
- Self-made car, for garage
- Electronic homemade products
- Homemade products for home and everyday life
- alternative energy
- DIY furniture
- Construction and repair
- Homemade products for fishing
- Crafts and handicrafts
- Homemade material
- Homemade products for the computer
- Homemade supergadgets
- Other homemade products
- Partner materials
Homemade products for the tiller (52 videos)
Super video selection of the best videos
DIY potato planter for a tiller
Potato planter from Ildar Sunagatullin
How to make a tiller potato planter (start)
How to make a potato planter for tiller 2
How to make a tiller potato planter 4
How to make a potato planter for tiller 5 (sizes)
Homemade POTATO PLANTER (tests)
Homemade potato planter. I plow and plant potatoes.
Homemade cultivators for tiller
Homemade hedgehog cultivators for tiller
Homemade cultivator for a mini tractor from a tiller
Homemade cultivator inter-row for tiller
Whip up weeding cultivator
Homemade flat cutters for tiller
DIY potato weeder for tiller. Flat cutter for tiller
Flat cutter for tiller. Capture 1 meter
2-row weeding cultivator for tiller
Homemade hiller for tiller
Do-it-yourself disk hiller for a tiller
Do-it-yourself disk hiller for a tiller. Dimensions
Hillers for planting potatoes. Super option!
Disc hillers with cultivator tines for hilling potatoes
Photo review of creating a disc tiller for a tiller
Homemade mowers for tiller
Homemade rotary mower for tiller paired with adapter
The knives are 1 cm higher than one in relation to the other. The rotors are made of 3 mm metal. An additional paper air filter is mounted in the air intake, half of the size of a passenger car.
MOWER ON the tiller OWN HANDS (tiller neva MB 3)
In this video, I will show how a rotary tiller mower made from scrap metal works. The width of the home-made mower is 45 cm, the cutting height is 3.5 cm.The rotary mower is made for the neva MB 3 tiller, it mows grass of any height, both low and high.
Homemade tiller lugs
How to make tiller lugs. Manufacturing process.
Mini-video about making homemade lugs for the tiller with your own hands.
Homemade potato digger for tiller
Characteristics of the tiller potato digger:
The simplest homemade potato digger for a fan-type tiller. In this video I show a potato digger I made, with which I have been digging potatoes for more than 3 years on my site.
The potato digger is made of scrap materials for the “Neva” tiller, without the use of a roar. Lightweight, simple, reliable and cost effective.
Homemade wood splitter for tiller
Screw cleaver for tiller
Tiller wood chipper
How to make a wood splitter
Homemade snow blower to tiller
Homemade auger snow blower for a tiller with your own hands
Homemade seeder for tiller
Tiller corn seeder
Homemade trailer to the tiller
The trailer can be attached to a car, mini tractor and tiller
DIY trailer for a tiller
Dimensions of a trailer for a tiller and a mini tractor with your own hands
To understand how to make a snow blower with your own hands, you need to prepare the necessary material and tools:
- conveyor belt;
- profile pipe;
- aerosol spray paint;
- Angle Grinder;
- welding machine;
- electric hawk;
Do-it-yourself snow blower for a tiller and a snow blower from a gas cylinder. drawings
tiller is an irreplaceable household assistant. This special equipment is multifunctional in use and can: plow and huddle the earth, and even chop wood. Craftsmen have come up with a new way of using the tiller in economic activities. and this is the function of a snow blower. But how to make a snow blower from a tiller with your own hands according to a drawing?
a tiller for earthwork is needed in the summer. With the appearance of snow, he gathers dust in a barn idle.
In winter, the tiller engine can be used to create a snow blower.
This idea arose due to the lack of snowblowers in remote villages. In such places, there are frequent cases of winter shifts, and to prevent this from happening, a snow plow tiller was invented.
It is expensive to buy a ready-made model of a snowblower. Assembling an industrial prototype with your own hands will cost a craftsman many times cheaper (see here).
But creating it at home is not easy.
Snowplow device and diagram
Before you start designing a machine, you need to prepare calculations and drawings. The preparation will be easier to carry out if a clear idea of the visual image, the principle of the unit’s operation and its functioning appears in the head.
How does a snow blower with auger attachment work:
The front of the cleaner consists of a huge bucket with a funnel that collects large amounts of snow. Inside there are two conveyor screws. this is an auger (see here how to make it yourself), which move the accumulated mass into the pump. Each screw consists of blades that rotate around the screw.
As soon as the engine is running, the blades begin to rotate. Each spin cuts sharp notches into the snow, then a second sharp blade replaces it.
Rotating conveyors and screws perform the following main functions:
- crushing snow;
- add it to the pump.
The conveyors have a trick. they are located at an angle to the pump, which allows you to bring snow to the pump. With the help of a rapid rotation of the screw, the snow mass is pulled out at a high speed and carried by the air pressure over a long distance.
A scoring plate is attached to the bottom of the “shovel”.
Trash Picked 70s Snow Blower. Can It Be Saved?
If an air-cooled electric motor is included in the structure of the universal apparatus, then the air intake must be protected from accidental contact of the electrical part with wet snow.
Simulation preparation scheme:
- Buy, or use an available tiller engine. For example, Honda brands (requirements: 6.5 liters per second; auto transmission; gear ratio);
- Prepare a plastic pipe, mainly sewer, with a diameter equal to 16 cm;
- Roofing iron is needed;
- Plywood (10 mm thick) is useful;
- Half-inch pipe;
- Steel corner;
- Take the pipe ѕ inch;
- The steel plate should be equal to 120-270 mm;
- Hole drilling jig;
- Rear wheel axle.
- Check sleeve bearings against pipe size. If the pipe is wider than the inner ring, then it can be turned on the machine.
The total width of a homemade machine is approximately 65 cm (width of capture is 50 cm), which is convenient for storage.
The compact size of the snow blower increases maneuverability and clears snow from even the narrowest paths.
complete information on the given
How the device works
The snow blower cuts into the snow and clears the road effortlessly. It can handle 12 m3 in one minute. The mass ejection speed is 70 km / h. At this speed, the snow thrown out of the disposal pipe falls very far from the cleared road.
Getting started, a novice inventor needs to solve several organizational issues:
- What type of engine to make: electric or gasoline.
- Decide on the type of snowplow.
It’s easy to decide on the engine. The main thing is to clearly understand for what purposes a snow blower tiller will be used. If the scale of his work is limited to the courtyard, cleaning the paths from the house to the garage, then an electric motor is quite suitable.
But if the snow blower is planned to be used in all corners of the settlement, then you need to choose a gasoline engine.
To choose a snowplow, you need to know what types of it exist and what they are used for:
- Snowmobile bulldozer. Works with the front blade. Convenient for cleaning stale and cohesive snow.
- Snowmobile fan. Throws away the snow mass with blades (with the help of their work, the snow rises and falls into an inclined pipe, from which it flies out and spreads far from the cleared area).
- Auger snowmobile. Snow is picked up by the auger and falls into the hole in the pipe, from where it is thrown.
- Snowmobile vacuum cleaner or air blower. Works on the principle of sucking up stuck snow and quickly throwing it out of the harvester from the opposite side.
It is best to use an auger nozzle. The rotor mechanism copes well with both light snow and well-tamped surfaces.
Watch a video about homemade mini tractors. It is a versatile tool with great functionality.
Mini tractors can also be used for snow removal. Read this article about it.
If it is difficult for you to make a mini-tractor yourself, then read about a Belarusian-made mini tractor.
How to make a snowblower from a tiller with your own hands. instructions with assembly drawings
In order to significantly reduce the time for reinstalling the motor, you should install quick-detachable fasteners on homemade vehicles.
You can create a harvesting unit on the TV-6 lathe. To make a snow blower for a tiller with your own hands, it is recommended to adhere to the drawings.
- A box is made of iron sheets, the ends of which are bent into the likeness of skis.
- A shaft is made from the pipe, at least 5 cm thick.
- In the box, a grip is welded on, made of two welded bent plates in a U-shaped way. Both plates must not be rotated 180 degrees in relation to each other.
- The auger is made by hand from a conveyor belt (1.5 m in length and 10 mm in thickness). With a jigsaw, 4 rings are cut from the tape (diameter = 28cm). If there is no jigsaw available, then you can replace it with a special board with two screws screwed into it.
- Such a plank is used as a compass. by rotations in a circle. With this manufacturing method, high-quality rings are obtained.
- In the casing made of galvanized iron, make a hole opposite the spreader and install a pipe in it. This pipe will serve as a snow spreader. Holders on both sides of the spreader are welded to the pipe.
From the drawings below, you can assemble both an independent snow blower machine and a nozzle for a tiller.