Do Not Spool Coil On Trimmer
Even the most reliable equipment sometimes fails. And the more often and intensively use the devices, the more often this happens. Of course, subject to the rules for operation and maintenance, the number of "accidents" is reduced, but no one has yet managed to completely avoid them.
Doing trimmer repair
Damage to devices can be different, but in some cases it is allowed to repair the trimmer with your own hands.
The device devices operating from the network is always easier than equipped with its own power drive. The trimmer consists of a mechanical part that communicates torque to the trimmer head, an electric motor and a power cable. All its breakdowns can be divided into three groups.
The cutting surface of the trimmer head is the fishing line. The first and most common reason for stopping the device are problems with its supply.
- If the fishing line is over, then following the instructions, you need to reel a new one.
- The fishing line may get confused. In this case, it is unwound and the bobbin replaced if it is damaged.
- Nylon thread can stick together from overheating during prolonged use, repair comes down to rewinding fishing line.
- The coil itself is damaged, for example, the bottom fell off. You can replace it or make a bottom with your own hands. To do this, you need a piece of PCB and a bolt with a nut.
- If everything is in order with the coil, the engine starts, but the head does not rotate, then it is worth checking the drive shaft. If it breaks, you will need to contact the service center.
Repair of gasoline trimmers in the mechanical part does not differ from the repair of an electric device.
Damage to the electrical part
Repairing electrical trimmers will require at least an indicator screwdriver, multimeter, and blowtorch. “By eye” it is difficult to determine the breakdown, except for the most obvious ones.
The symptom is the same for any reason: the engine does not work.
- Damage to the power cable. repair of trim tabs comes down to replacing it.
- Outlet malfunction. it is established by checking the outlet with an indicator screwdriver or simply connecting the device to another one.
Видео: Do Not Spool Coil On Trimmer
- Damage to the plug. it is easy to disassemble and replace it with your own hands.
- The operability of the control knob is checked by an indicator screwdriver: when any of the wires is broken, the contact does not close. Broken wiring should be replaced.
- The stator winding on the motor is checked using a multimeter: install the device to determine the minimum resistance and connect the probes to the graphite brushes. If the resistance is not measured, then the winding has burned out. In this case, the engine must be replaced with a new one. Spare parts for an electric trimmer are usually not difficult to find.
- The reason may be a break in any of the contact compounds. Therefore, if the winding is intact, then every connection is checked with a multimeter, and the dangling contact is sealed with its own hands. In the photo. the soldering process.
Troubleshooting a gas trimmer
The design of the device is more complicated, since in addition to the drive. more complex, there is a gas distribution system, a fuel tank and control.
From mechanical damage, clogged filters are added. According to the rules of operation, their replacement is included in the maintenance of the device.
It is not recommended to purchase models of little-known manufacturers: not because they can be of poor quality, but because spare parts for gasoline trimmers that are not widely used are much more difficult to get.
Fuel and ignition systems
Failures more often occur in this area, self-repair is quite possible here.
- If the lawn mower does not start or stops immediately, the cause may be a failure of the ignition system. To check, you need to turn out the candle and inspect it. If there are traces of the fuel mixture on the candle, the problem is carburetor adjustment. If the candle is covered with black soot, it will have to be replaced. It is easy to find such spare parts for trimmers.
- Sludge is formed on a candle when using low-octane gasoline or in violation of the cold start.
- If the spark plug is dry, then the fuel pipe may become clogged. When disconnecting it, gas must flow. Otherwise, you need to inspect the filter and replace if it is clogged (the procedure is recommended to be carried out once every three months). The breather, if it is in it, is cleaned with a needle.
- Sludge can build up on the muffler. This part is removed, washed in kerosene and annealed with a burner. In the photo. a gas trimmer for inspection.
Diagnosing and repairing a breakdown is much more difficult. If the device is under warranty, any trimmer repair workshop will cope with the problems faster.
The most common, and easiest to eliminate, is the destruction of piston rings. To check, you need to dismantle the cylinder head and remove the piston.