Doesn’t Start Sparta Trimmer 25
In general, such a conversation should start with the fact that after buying a garden gasoline tool it would be better to first familiarize yourself with the instructions attached to it. Then many problems could have been avoided. But since this happened the gas trimmer does not start, then we must look for sources of inoperability. And in this article we will consider the main reasons why the trimmer does not start with the example of the Elitech T750 model, as well as describe general recommendations for the operation of such a tool.
Start with the banal! We will figure out how to properly start a gas trimmer. It may be that the reason lies precisely here.
First you need to bring the red toggle switch on the trimmer bar to position "I". This means turning on the power.
Then you need to switch the fuel supply lever on the carburetor and use the “suction” button of fuel (similar to a pipette, located on the carburetor). This is necessary to supply gasoline to the engine. Return the fuel supply lever to its original position. Finally, pull the starter handle toward you sharply. The trimmer should work. Try several times if the first time fails. If after such manipulations the situation has not changed and the gas trimmer does not start, then you should first examine it yourself before leading to the service center. There are two main reasons why a garden trimmer will not start:
- Violation of the power circuit.
- There is no fuel.
- Let’s start with the ignition problems. In most cases, it is caused by the need to change the spark plug in the engine. It is done like this:
- First of all, we must take care of security measures, make sure that the trimmer is turned off. We bring the above toggle switch to the "STOP" position.
- Then remove the rubber protection from the plug and the wiring terminal. Using a special candle key, we unscrew the spark plug and replace it.
- After that, we assemble the device and carry out the procedure for trimming the trimmer described above.
The second reason the garden tool doesn’t work is because the fuel has run out. On the Elinech T750, a fuel tank is located near the motor, but on most trimmers it is there. We unscrew the cap from the tank and fill it with gasoline (the most optimal option is the AI-92, it is inexpensive and does not clog the carburetor like the AI-76). Do not forget to add special engine oil to the tank, just 50 grams per gas tank is enough, without it the motor will begin to “sneeze” and will quickly become worthless. After we close the tank with a cap, wipe the surface of the trimmer and our hands with a dry cloth. We also do the above manipulations to turn on the garden tool.
If the gas trimmer does not start as before, then it makes sense to return it for repair. And the reason for this decision is simple – if you do not have the appropriate skills, repairing the equipment is almost impossible.
In order for the tool to serve as long as possible and there are no such malfunctions, you should, first of all, familiarize yourself with the instruction manual for the trimmer. Also, pay special attention to the operating time of the engine at the trimmer – take a short break every 15 minutes of operation and, finally, properly care for the tool, wipe it after work, lubricate it with graphite grease. Observing such simple rules, you can significantly increase the life of the tool and it is quite possible that you do not have to look for reasons why the gas trimmer will not start.
36,287 total views, 28 views today
Like any technique, trimmers are prone to various breakdowns. Often at the beginning of the summer season, owners of such an instrument complain that the trimmer does not start, and it takes a long time to look for the cause of the malfunction.
For those who have recently acquired a trimmer and are still at the “you” with this technique, information on why the trimmer does not start and what to do in this case will be useful. So, let’s find out what could be the reason for this.
Gas Trimmer Does Not Start – 10 Possible Causes
Before trying to independently adjust the tool, carefully read the manual for its operation. Perhaps the information contained in it will lead you to one or another thought. Otherwise, you will have to look for the cause of the malfunction by the selection method. It may be one of the following:
Video: Doesn’t Start Sparta Trimmer 25
- The toggle switch on the bar is not translated to the "On" position. This is one of the elementary actions, but sometimes beginners forget to turn on the tool before starting it.
- Similar errors include the lack of fuel in the tank. If the fuel runs out, but you forgot about it, just fill the tank (usually located near the engine) with AI-92 gasoline.
- Lack, improper mixture or wrong proportion of engine oil. Ideally, not more than 50 g of oil should be added regularly. This will provide additional lubrication and will keep the engine of your trimmer in working condition. Also keep in mind that there are different types of oil (“synthetics”, “semi-synthetics”, “mineral water”) – they all affect the mechanism in different ways.
- If the trimmer does not start after winter, drain the remaining fuel in the gas tank and replace it with fresh fuel. This is especially true for small, low-power trimmers with small motors that are sensitive to poor-quality mixes. In addition, during the winter, sediment may form at the bottom of the gas tank, which causes problems with the operation of the device.
- Excessive pumping of fuel can also be one of the reasons that the trimmer stalled and does not start. When the air damper is closed, the candle is filled with fuel. It should be unscrewed and dried, and then inserted in its place and try to start the engine, holding the trigger of gas. It is advisable to check it beforehand for the presence of a spark between the electrodes. If there is no spark, the candle should be replaced.
- Problems with the filter. If your trimmer does not start well, remove the air filter and run the tool without it. If everything worked out – the filter should be replaced with a new one. As an option, thoroughly clean and blow through the old one, but anyway, sooner or later you will have to make a replacement.
- Is the trimmer dead and won’t start? Try to clean the so-called breather – an element designed to equalize the pressure in the gas tank. Cleaning can be done with a regular long needle. A clogged breather often causes a malfunction.
- Knives have been removed from the machine – some models will not work under this condition.
- Violation of tightness. This can be checked using a manometer. If the pressure starts to drop, you should determine which part of the carburetor is faulty. Most often, the carburetor gasket wears out.
- Sometimes after a long period of work, you may notice that the trimmer is overheated and will not start. First, you should know that you should definitely take breaks. The amount of continuous time recommended for this model should be indicated in the instructions. Also, the problem of overheating can lie in a faulty ignition coil or in an air cooling system that prevents overheating.
If none of these actions gives a result, you should contact a repair shop or service center.
A gas trimmer is a surprisingly useful thing, with the help of which you can tidy up not only a miniature lawn in the back yard of the house, but also mow a lawn of considerable size. But, like all things in this world, it tends to break. In this article we will try to figure out what to do when the trimmer refuses to work.
Gas trimmer fails to start
So what to do if the gas trimmer does not start or does not start at all? The most common cause of this failure is poor quality fuel. Remember that, for example, trimmers of the Stihl and Husqvarna brands are unlikely to start on fuels with a quality lower than AI-92. Do not save on fuel, because repair of parts of a cylinder. A piston group can make up one third of the total cost of the braid, and sometimes even half. Also, when preparing the fuel mixture, it is necessary to correctly observe the proportions of fuel and oil, which are always indicated in the instructions for the trimmer.
What to do if high-quality fuel is poured into the gas tank, there is a spark, but the tool still refuses to start? It is necessary to check the condition of the candle. It is located in the center of the mower housing. It must be carefully unscrewed and make sure there is no plaque on it. If it is, then carefully clean the candle from soot and dry it.
If the lawn mowing does not start even after the methods proposed above, then you need to try to remove the air filter and start the device without it. If the trimmer still doesn’t work, thoroughly dust the old filter or buy a new one.
It also happens that the mower runs for a maximum of 5 minutes, and then stalls and does not start until it cools down. In this case, try to open the filler cap of the gas bottle neck – a suction sound should appear. Then screw the cover back. If you do this manipulation during the time when the trimmer just started to stall, then the speed will recover, and you can continue to work. If the mower stalled before opening the cover, you just need to start it as it should according to the instructions.
Trimmer does not start after winter
How to be in this situation? Do not worry and panic. This is a very common problem that can be solved in literally 3-4 minutes. Firstly, if last year’s fuel remained in the gas tank, it must be drained. Gasoline loses its octave properties after 2 weeks of inactivity. Secondly, you need to start a lawn mow after prolonged stagnation in a slightly different way. First you need to open the damper and pump a little fuel mixture into the carburetor, then pull out the handle until you feel a little resistance. After that, you can start the trimmer.
Trimmer Starts and Stalls
If, when you try to start the trimmer, it starts up, but immediately stalls, then the air filter can again serve as the reason for this. It is necessary to remove it and check if it is clogged with dust. If this is true, then you need to thoroughly clean it or purchase a new one. Also, the problem may be a malfunction of the ignition coil. In this case, it is better to take the mower to a service center.
- The blog
- About Service Center
- Serviced Brands
- Diagnostic and repair prices
- Spare parts
Repair and service of garden equipment.
Specialized Service Center "Agrotechservice". Comprehensive warranty and post-warranty maintenance of landscape gardening and public utilities of world manufacturers! We carry out the sale of spare parts with delivery throughout Russia!