Dog Box Photo Of Simple And Elegant Options For Backyard And Garden
In practice, a dog house with its own hands built is not difficult, as it may seem at first glance. This work will require simple materials at hand, a minimum set of tools and some free time.
The main task is to correctly calculate the size of the housing for a pet, so that it would be comfortable in any weather. In addition, a beautiful, properly built and decorated booth, will aesthetically complement the style and landscape of the backyard.
Summary of the article:
Drawings dog home
Before starting work, you need to make a competent drawing of the booth, given its size and shape. Note that too bulky product, including partitions, protrusions and ladders, will be completely inappropriate for your pet!
The most acceptable is considered to be a traditional rectangular doghouse, which has a side entrance and a lean-to roof. It will provide a cozy comfortable place under the warm sun.
Very well, if one of the walls, or the roof itself will be removed for the disinfection of cleaning in the kennel.
The size of the kennel for the dog is directly dependent on its size, for this you will need to make a measurement: height along withers, width of chest, total length from tail to nose and height of animal. This will help to make the design and design parameters correctly:
- the width and height of the kennel corresponds to the height of the pet plus five centimeters;
- the volume of the entrance aperture is equal to the width of the chest and add a little (maximum 5 cm);
- the height of the opening is slightly greater than the height of the dog;
- The depth is calculated on the length of the dog’s body, but we also add 5 cm.
The dimensions of the booth for calculating the parameters can be found in a special directory. Then it is necessary to make drawings of the room with the corresponding preliminary dimensions of the booth.
Then you should choose the necessary material – as a rule, wood (coniferous species) is considered a traditional raw material, as it is environmentally friendly and safe for the life of your pet. Everything else, the tree is the most convenient and malleable material for work.
Required tool kit
It is better to stock up with all the necessary material and tools in advance:
- edged board 25 mm;
- bars are dry;
- lining, which will be sheathed dwelling;
- plywood sheets or chipboard;
- bars 40 to 40 mm;
- ruberoid sheets;
- antiseptic for impregnation;
- sand mixture;
- hinges for the doorway;
- galvanized nails;
In order to avoid injury to limbs, you must first thoroughly clean all boards and bars available for work. They should also be treated with a special impregnation, but it is recommended to do this after finishing the work, since the puppy may not make it and frighten off the sharp foreign smell.
Shed roof doghouse – stages of work
As a rule, dogs prefer to soak up the top of their house, for this reason it is reasonable to build a lean-to roof. But note that a slight bias still needs to be present.
To protect the animal from the winter frost and cold weather, an insulated booth should be made that it is better to carry out at the first stage of assembly. For the same reason, it is reasonable to place the hole on the widest side of the kennel, shifting it to any selected angle. There will be no wind inside, which will allow the dog to be in a constant heat.
To complete the bottom of the house, you will need 40 by 40 mm bars, which should be cut according to the length of the bottom and joined using rectangular screws with screws. When planting a large dog, the frame should be additionally reinforced with cross bars. Then it needs to be sheathed with boards from one side.
To insulate the booth it is necessary to line the parchment inside, securing it with staples. The next layer will be followed by foam, tightly laid among the bars. The height of the insulation material corresponds to the height of the bars. An additional layer of parchment is put on the foam plastic and a floor surface is constructed.
Next, collect the frame kennels:
- Timber 100 mm thick sawing into four parts, corresponding to the size of the structure, fasten them vertically at the corners of the bottom. To form the slope of the roof is required to lay a large rack in the front, and short back. All parts are fixed with screws or nails;
- in the center of the wall surface, you need to additionally fill the bar in a vertical position, and two small bars on both sides of the manhole;
- To strengthen the frame, apply metal plates at the joints.
The finished construction of the base should be upholstered with clapboard on the front side and insulated inside: we cover the walls with glass-ram with a stapler, then we wrap mineral wool or foam.
Next comes a repeated layer of glassine, stuffed sheets of plywood or similar material. To avoid injury to the dog, galvanized nails should be carefully hammered until their caps are completely drowned.
For the construction of a shed roof, you must knock down the frame corresponding to the perimeter of the house. Among the bars, you need to tightly stuff the pieces of foam, covering them with film and fixing the straps.
The plywood sheet is laid so that it overlaps the lower frame behind and from all sides with a maximum of 10 centimeters. The front should protrude 20 centimeters to prevent rain from entering the room.
Already finished roof fasten loops, stuffed on top of a layer of roofing material, or soft tile.
Finishing and installation of a dog house
The photo of the dog box shows a ready-made construction that needs to be treated outside with an antiseptic composition, or with special impregnating solutions and how it should be dried. On the surface of the floor we fill a sheet of roofing material and fix a couple of bars, also covered with a mixture of primer. For an aesthetic appearance, we decorate the manure and end faces of the lining with platbands.
Ready house for the dog, it is important to correctly position the free suitable place near the local area. The selected area should not get wet and fall under the wind gusts.
It is better if the surface of the soil is as even as possible, and the place itself is illuminated by natural light. The dog must see almost the entire territory of the protected area, notice other people in time.
House in the aviary
Your pet feels much better in a spacious aviary with a dog booth, which is also not at all difficult to do on your own. In order to avoid inconvenience, stiffness and harm to the health of the dog, when building an aviary, you must consider some of the nuances:
- The most important factor is the size and size of the pet, the parameter of the aviary depends on these factors. Note that too much cell area prevents the entry and preservation of warm air!
- You should not make the walls of the room deaf, as the dog will observe the ongoing actions on its territory. Most often, for this purpose use a grid – chain-links with usual cells.
- When choosing flooring, consider habits of your pet.
- It is not recommended to bring the enclosure under the roof completely.
- The doorway is better to plow inside, but on the door itself, it is reasonable to put locks or bolts on both sides.
As practice has proven – a dog raised in a free aviary suffers from diseases much less often than its home sibling! This fact is due to the constant presence of fresh air.