Doghouse From Which Materials To Build A Review
Man’s best friend is a dog. Having made such a friend in the family, we are fully responsible for him. So that the dog was happy and gave you good, you need to take care of it and not disregard it. If you do not have the opportunity to keep a pet in the house, he will live in the yard.
Where to place the booth
Determining the place for the booth is not difficult, you need to take into account some factors:
- Climatic conditions in your place of residence. That the strong wind did not get to the box, water did not flow, etc. In the dog house should always be warm in winter and not hot in summer.
- Dog habits and desire also affect the location of the kennel.
- In summertime, direct sunlight should not fall into the booth.
- Convenience for you to feed the dog and play with it.
- So that the booth does not interfere, for other people.
- If there is a choice to put the booth on a hill or in a valley, then choose the first option. Moisture will accumulate in the lowlands and from this the building will quickly rot.
- The dog should be comfortable inside. After all, there will be a dog most of his time
A clever dog will protect his master and his plot. Accordingly, the booth should be so that the dog was comfortable to observe the territory of the house. It is desirable for the pet to have a view on the entrance doors, so he will feel more confident and calm.
A convenient and clean approach should be organized to the booth, even after rains. If the kennel is located very far from home, then in bad weather you will not be comfortable visiting and feeding the dog.
The choice of material for the booth
To begin, draw a plan of the booth and prepare the necessary tools. Next you need to decide on the material from which the booth. The best option for animal construction is ecological and high-quality materials.
Coniferous wood is well suited for this. It is not expensive for the price, safe for the animal and tolerates climatic conditions.
The basis for the booth must be made of bars. For the walls fit plywood. If you want the booth to be beautiful, you can purchase decorative items.
For reliability, so that the dog does not freeze, it is recommended to warm the box. For long service, the wood needs to be covered with water-repellent impregnation or coated with roofing felt or the tree will start to rot.
When you have chosen the material for the booth and purchased all the necessary tools, you need to determine what size the booth is necessary for your pet. The mood in which the dog will live depends on its conditions.
A small box does not mean that the dog will be uncomfortable and bad in it. In a large kennel, too, may not be comfortable. If the pet is already an adult and will not grow, then you need to make a booth based on this.
Measure the length of the dog from the tip of the nose to the tip of the tail, add 5-10 cm and get the optimal length for the building. For the width it is recommended to use the length, as well as in height, only 5-10 cm in length. The entrance to the booth is built 5 cm more than the pet’s chest volume.
The size of the kennel affects the well-being of the animal and whether the pet will freeze in the winter.
If you have decided what size the booth will have, read on to learn how to make a dog booth with your own hands.
If you do not have experience in building, working with wood and tools, then make a lean-to roof at the booth. If you like originality, you can equip a shelf in the kennel’s roof, which will store your leads, toys and other things of your pet. Look at the photo of the dog box to understand how diverse they are.
A booth with a canopy will look beautiful, it will also allow your dog to look out during bad weather. Before construction, put the desired plan on the paper and count the number of materials that will be needed, and do not forget to take stock.
Step by step instructions how to make a booth:
- Laying floorboards. We connect the frame in the form of a rectangle of bars. We sheathe the top and bottom boards, insulated. Sheathing should be free from gaps and gaps.
- Fasten the main stand of the kennel in the corners, also from the bars 10cm by 10cm.
- Installation of the supplied frame.
- Installation of the entrance to the booth.
- We sheathe the walls of the booth, as well as the floor and ceiling. Boarding should be about 2-3 cm.
- The roof is recommended to make removable, just in case. To do this, we construct it separately, and then attach it to the main frame. Cover it with roofing felt.
- The last stage is the exterior finish. Inside the kennel is covered with paint, outside it is better to cover with a special impregnation. Coloring substances must be odorless and safe for the animal.
The house is sure to please your pet, if you do everything correctly. This is a simple construction, the main thing is that the dog would be warm in the booth and comfortable.