Grain planter for a power tiller with their own hands
Variety of seed drills by type of crops sown
Manufacturers of attachments have created a variety of seeding units, which come in universal as well as special. In addition, there are also combined ones, equipped with a hopper for seeds and a hopper for fertilizers.
Read also: Wiring for spot lights with your own hands
Universal seeders work with both vegetables and cereals, they can be adjusted to different seeds using the calibrator. Specialized seeding equipment can be designed for the following crops:
Grain planters for power tillers of dotted type and scatter models are mainly used for sowing of grain crops in small and medium areas. They can be universal and special, mechanical, pneumatic and vacuum.
Grain planters can have from 5 to 8 rows, and the capacity of the power tiller should be from 6 to 15 horsepower. Set the distance between the rows in 15-30 cm (depending on the planting crop). The embedment depth is also set at 5-10 cm. Weight of such planter varies depending on model from 52 to 84 kg. Some planters are equipped with a fertilizer hopper.
Corn planters for power tillers belong to the narrow-directional equipment. For corn seeding are mainly used precision planters (precision seeding), row and square-bed planters, which provide maximum accuracy of planting, uniform corn seeds flow into the seed tubes, and the size of corn does not affect the planting procedure.
The grass seeders for power tillers are models CTB-5, CM-6. This equipment is widely used for sowing various grasses, grains and vegetables. The width of the opening in the hopper is adjustable.
Principle: to cut a furrow, in which the seed is placed, and then the seed is closed with earth. These planters can be 2-row, 3-row or 8-row. The machine is operated via a chain reducer. The tool clips to power tillers with capacity of not less than 6 horsepower.
Beside the dotted-line models, the spreaders (with their help, crops can be sown and planted), the row planters and the socket planters are also used.
A garlic planter for a power tiller can be one-row or multi-row. Dotted-row, row-type and double-row models are most commonly used. If desired, you can choose equipment that adds fertilizer when planting garlic in the ground.
The nesting models require no calibration of the tines, the garlic is gripped by discs with clamping tines.
The precision garlic planter for power tillers is driven by a tine that transmits the torque via a chain reducer. Before planting garlic with this canopy, the tines need to be calibrated.
Onion planters, like garlic planters, can be slot and precision spaced. The tines are gripped by a special disc equipped with a pressure spoon. This design allows you not to calibrate the bulbs.
Hopper capacity up to 50 kg., row spacing can be set from 17 up to 30 cm., The distance between the seeds. 5-10 cm. The machine has its own wheel pair, which increases maneuverability.
Vegetable seed drills are versatile units that can sow seeds of different vegetables, of different sizes. Agrarians widely use precision spaced planters and nesting.
In the first case, the carrot seed passes through a small opening in the seed hopper by itself; in the second case, the onion is picked up by a disc with a pressure spoon. Planters can be manual, mechanical and pneumatic.
Strawberry planters can be of several varieties:
The most suitable soil type is loamy, sandy loam soils. Seeding depth can be varied up to 10 cm. Set the distance between the rows to 50 cm., and between bushes in 30 cm.
Vegetable seeders for power tillers
Allows fully automatic seeding of vegetable cultures. carrots, beets, soybeans, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, etc. The drive mechanism is the support wheel, by changing the drive sprocket, which can change the frequency of rotation of the device.
Equipped with special brush mechanism that forces the seed to fall out of the hopper through the hole on its back wall. It is locked with a disc element with a series of slots of different diameters. By setting the disc rotator to the desired size of the hole you can achieve a specific seeding rate.
Available in one, two and four-row versions with working depth of 1-10 cm. The multi-row models are modular and weigh a lot. For example, a 1-section machine weighs 7.5 kg and a 4-section machine weighs 30 kg.
Lawn planter. what is it?
It is a device for uniform sowing of seeds and fertilizer application. The same principle is applied to a precision air seeder, a manual precision air seeder and a garlic seeder. The choice of planter depends on the area to be sown, the topography of the place for planting grass and financial capabilities.
The simplest device consists of a container for the seed, which is attached to the frame, under it there is a dispenser shaft. Handle that drives the spreader is connected to the disc. Miniature hand operated seed drills designed for small areas or seed boxes. The mechanism is operated manually.
This is the most convenient option on difficult terrain, where a mechanical seeder may not pass.
The disadvantages of manual seeder may include the need to select seeds of the same size, clogging the shaft with several seeds simultaneously, and manually adjust the dispenser.
Read more about how a manual planter works at
For even, large lawns, a mechanical planter has been invented. It is a cart with a bigger seed hopper, just like a manual hopper. It consists of a wheel base, a hopper made of durable plastic and a metering unit adapted for seeds of different sizes.
These seed drills are more economical due to their precise seeding.
Manual machines can lose up to 50% of their seeds.
The range of functions varies depending on the model. expensive ones are also equipped with a function of seeding after sowing. All models have adjustable width and depth of sowing.
The mechanical planter is easy to use. it is pushed in front of you with a push button for easy ejection. It is designed not only for sowing, but also for introducing granular fertilizers, which greatly simplifies the further care of the lawn, because no one canceled the feeding of the lawn grass.
Mechanical planters can also be used for fertilizing other garden crops.
Using a mechanical planter saves time and effort, which is not the case with money. it is much more expensive than a manual.
But it is not a one-time use item, and money invested in it will pay off after many years of effective use.
The same reliable equipment to work on your land for many years can include a minitractor Uralets, potato planter for a minitractor, power tiller Patriot, cart for power tiller, grain grinder Shmel, cultivator for vegetable garden and plow PSK.
To keep the power planter busy, it can also be used for spreading gravel, sand or fine crushed stone. In winter, it can be used to sprinkle paths and driveways with de-icing compound.
A chainsaw is essential for homeowners and dacha owners. Here’s how to choose a good chainsaw.
Electric lawnmowers of Gardena have high power and functional advantages. Here’s all about its top models.
Time proves that MTZ tractor range is notable for high quality and reliability of each model.
Professional mechanical sowing machines are not used in household plots. They are attached to the tractor as a trailer, have a wide hopper for sowing and are designed for sowing lawns on golf courses or stadiums.
Seed drill functions for lawns
Lawn planter. a multifunctional subject. Its main purpose. uniform sowing of seeds for an even stand of grass. The very design of sowing machines does not allow to sow a lawn somewhere densely and somewhere empty. However, the functions of a seeder are not limited to spreading seeds. They are also useful in the care of lawns that are already growing. For example, it can be used to precisely and evenly distribute mineral fertilizers. Exactly this way of fertilization allows to avoid s of grass “burnt” by preparations.
The planter will also help in disease and pest control, if you want to scatter any granular or powdered preparations on the lawn. It is also useful for liming the vegetable garden or lawn area.
A perfectly even lawn cannot be traced by hand when spreading seeds manually.
A mechanical precision planter of the simplest type works as follows:
- A sowing sleeve with holes for a specified crop is attached to the drive shaft
- Seed is poured into the hopper;
- Using a marker (for the second type of planter, described above) the width of the row spacing is set
- A seeder is installed at the beginning of the first row of the sown area;
- The sowing unit is set in motion smoothly and jerk-free;
- The process of sowing seeds hidden from the human eye is as follows: each seed is placed firmly in the hole in the sleeve, then with its rotation falls into the furrow made by the harrow, is filled with.
- If the seeder is equipped with a press wheel positioned exactly in the center of the row, the soil over the seeds is thoroughly consolidated. This improves the contact of the seed with the soil, accelerates its germination, absorption of nutrients and moisture by the sprout and its root system
- When working with such a unit the seed drill should periodically check the amount of seeds in the hopper, if necessary filling it with new ones.
- After sowing is complete, empty the residual seed from the hopper, remove and clean the sowing furrow, coulter, harrow and depth wheels. Drive chain and sprockets should be periodically lubricated with a special grease
Important! During operation of the sowing machine it is necessary to check the opener, which can be blocked by grass or moist soil. If this is not done, skipped seeds may appear, which will only be noticed when the seedlings begin to sprout.
Check the coulter bar during sowing
Homemade sowing machine
Planter for power tillers. this is one of those tools attached equipment, which is simply necessary for full-fledged agricultural work. Agree, you want to give the most difficult and time-consuming processes and work in the field of specialized machines. Seeder for power tillers has been very popular for decades. We offer you to make a homemade sowing machine. Planting a crop is a very complex and routine process, which is difficult to carry out, even with a small plot. What to say about the work in the fields and large farm areas. That is why seeders for power tillers are very popular all over the world, and in our country, including. The seeder itself has a fairly simple operating principle. Its main components are rear wheel and chain transmission, which represent a single, smoothly operating mechanism. By driving the rear wheel in motion, the chain transmission just allows the seeds to fall into the prepared soil.
The seeding speed of the planting material is pre-regulated. The expected size of the bulbs and seeds to be sown can also be determined in advance.
There are quite strict agrotechnical requirements for modern seed drills. The device should be designed in such a way to take exactly one seed from the hopper and convey it to the ground without damaging it. Today there is a huge variety of seeders for power tillers: from one-row to eight-row. However, let’s talk about how to design a homemade planter.
Let’s consider how to make a two-row homemade planter.
Such a device should consist of two independent sections, each of which will have:
Strengthening on the frame of the sections should be movable, so that it was possible to control the width of the row spacing and vary it from 15 to 70 cm. The escape wheel of the homemade seeder will drive the working elements of the seeding apparatus of the spool type. In order to orient the sowing, you should install a double-sided marker.
The frame of the homemade seeder is made of corners 4040700 mm, and the hopper for planting material is made of boards. Its optimal dimensions are 240210700 mm. From an old grain seeder it will be convenient to use a reel-type sowing machine. And for the support wheels old combine sprockets are good. The hitch frame can easily be made from strip steel 630 with a length of 800 mm. Please note that the seed hopper mounting post, seed shaft mounting post, roller brackets, coulters, fixing chains, angle and various other necessary parts should be made in the workshop. It doesn’t take much time or effort. You may find some of these parts on your farm. Below is a diagram of how to make a homemade planter.
Making a seeder with your own hands is not a complicated and quite fascinating process. Here it is important only to observe the proportions and meet the basic requirements for the size of materials and their juxtaposition with each other.
Remember that by making a homemade planter you will get an excellent tool, but you will not have any guarantees as to the correctness of its work and durability. If you want to buy a quality brand-name product. go to the online store “My Single Axle Tractor” to buy a seeder.
On our site you can also read about homemade tools for other attachments on your power tiller, such as grousers, walk-behinds, mowers, potato tillers, potato planter, plow, etc.д.
Generally speaking, making tools for a power tiller with your own hands is a very interesting process. Using all kinds of old, long outdated components, parts, tools and devices you can create new useful units to help you farm. To make your work easier, to save time and effort you will be helped by the drawings, which we often attach to our articles. Create with pleasure.
Self-made planter for a motor-block. options for making it with your own hands
There are several ways to make a planter to the tiller. When choosing a method, be sure to consider your capabilities and experience in working with equipment. Below we will consider each of the methods in more detail.
A row seeder on a single axle tractor. a simple method of making
Immediately before starting to make a simple planter for your power tiller, be sure to study the drawings. They will tell you the dimensions of the parts, how to attach them and the right order of assembly.
Next, you need to prepare the materials and tools. To work you will need:
- steel sheets, no thicker than 5 mm;
- 3 metal discs;
- steel tube;
- wooden bar;
- bicycle chain;
- 3 small wheels;
- bolts and screws;
- welding machine;
- Metal hacksaw;
- An electric drill bit;
- Multi-sheet plywood.
The manufacturing algorithm is as follows:
- First, weld the U-shaped frame of the planter as indicated in the diagram. To make it, take a sheet of iron, 52.5 cm long and 11.5 cm wide;
- In the upper part of the frame install a seed hopper in the form of a box, which can be made from multi-layer plywood;
- Inside the hopper, install the sowing apparatus, which should be mounted on two slide bearings. The apparatus itself should be shaped like a shaft and resemble a coil for winding thread. It can be made from a piece of wood and varnished;
- Then take a steel tube, which will serve as the axle, and put on it 3 metal discs, which should be fixed at an equal distance from each other;
- In the rim of one of the discs, drill 12 holes into which the seeds will fall;. When the seeder starts to work, this disc with the holes made in it will fall into the hopper with the planting material. After that, the captured seeds will fall into the furrows set directly in front of the seeder discs. To rotate the disc, put a bicycle chain on it, the other end of which is attached to the rotor of the motor of the power tiller;
- Next, in the back of the seeder frame, weld a horizontal piece of steel sheet, which is necessary for sowing the seeds into the soil;
- After that, 3 wheels should be attached to the bottom of the structure. The front wheel can be taken from an old baby baby carriage, and the two rear wheels from a children’s bicycle. A video will tell you more about making a simple row seeder.
The row seeder, made by your own hands, is equally suitable for sowing garlic or corn seeds. When moving the device over a previously ploughed area, the seeder reel begins to rotate, which is due to the presence of a bicycle chain. Seeds that are in the hopper are scooped up by the cells of the coil, after which they move into the funnel of the seed pipe, and from there. into the ground.
Nesting precision seed drill for power tiller. a more complex method of assembly
As in the first case, before starting work, study the detailed scheme, which will help to avoid mistakes in the assembly.
A nesting planter should consist of several basic elements. You will need:
- 2 wheels to move around the plot;
- Hopper for seed;
- a sowing roller;
- 2 bearings;
- a handle with a bracket;
- 2 brackets needed to mount the coulter.
The procedure for making it is as follows:
- You can make the hopper from wooden boards, about 1.5 cm thick. Use several pieces of sheet steel welded to each other as the bottom of the hopper. Connect the walls of the box along and across with self-tapping screws, steel corners or spikes. At the bottom of the walls of the hopper, install wooden pads, 1.5 cm thick. Use nails or screws to fix them. In the back of the hopper of the planter, fix a bracket, through which the device will be connected to the tiller;
- For the installation of the sowing roll, make notches in the walls and overlays in the shape of a semicircle. Then mount the fixing brackets to the skids with screws. To ensure that the seeds fall precisely into the intended places when sowing, install several rubber plates in the sloping bottoms;
- The wheels of the seeder should have a diameter of at least 20 cm. Use hubs, 6 cm long, to attach them. Make holes in the hubs, which should be the same size as the holes in the sowing roll;
- For making the coulter, use sheet steel 1.5 mm thick. Then mount the element with the brackets. Make several holes on one of the brackets. you will need them to adjust the depth to which the seeds will be sown. To adjust this, you will need to move the coulter from one hole to the other.
The planter made in such a way will help to quickly plant the seeds of garlic, onions, corn and leguminous crops. In this case the seed will fall exactly into the pre-prepared holes.
What is the construction of the manual precision air seeder?
Manual precision planter, as well as a planter for garlic in their design features looks pretty unassuming invention. It consists of one or more containers, where the seed will be placed, the control handle and the frame, located on the wheels.
Wheels at the front of the machine form furrows or furrows, after which the seed from the hopper gets there, and the rear wheels pour the resulting hole with loose earth.
As we can see, the principle of operation is quite simple. In fact, you just guide the machine over the area where you plan to grow different vegetable crops, and behind you there will already be holes with seeds.
At the same time, with the help of a manual seeder and a lawn seeder, you can plant not only the seeds of lawn grass and vegetables, but also make the filling of sand or fine gravel on icy and snowy paths in winter time, so that you can safely walk on them without fear of falling.
Manual precision air seeder
In general, the work process of a manual precision air seeder can be divided into three steps
- Assembling process. First set the control handle from the transport position to the working position, then place the rear wheel on the axle (if the machine used consists of two wheels). If necessary, we make adjustments to the marker.
- Making adjustments. Depending on what kind of crop the seed will be used, will depend on the installation of a particular disc in the hopper. It is difficult to mix them up because they are all properly labelled.
- The depth of the coulter bar must also be adjusted to the specific seed.
- Carry out sowing work. After setting the implement in motion, the drive torque is transmitted from the front wheel to the disc via a belt or chain drive. This disc grips the seed from the container, while the ploughshare forms the desired hole depth.
- The marker is responsible for making sure that the row of planted seeds is even, so he forms a line on the ground for the next row.
For convenience, as well as for even distribution of seeds in the ground, it is recommended to sow the first row along predetermined contours. It is possible to hammer two pegs on the edges, connecting them with rope or string. In this way, by following this border parallel, you will have a very even and visually beautiful row.
Seed sowing attachment,power WEEDER seeder,nexgen farming mechineries, multipurpose power weeder,
Homemade seeder for power tiller: features of making
In order to get a really practical fixture when all the necessary procedures are completed, you need:
- Two running wheels;
- A box for the seeds;
- Screws and nails;
- Steel sheets;
- Rubber plates;
- A sowing roller;
- Self-tapping screws, spikes, steel corners;
- Two bearings and brackets.
The process itself is not difficult, but requires maximum concentration, so you should pay attention to the following features:
- The seed box can be made of boards (wood) (thickness not more than 15 mm);
- To cover them on the bottom side you can use steel plates (thickness of 1 mm);
- The walls themselves are connected by means of self-tapping screws, iron corners and spikes;
- From the bottom of the walls of the box thanks to the nails are mounted pads of wood (thickness of 15 mm);
- The process of placing the sowing roller in the walls and overlays is accompanied by the creation of notches (semi-circle shape). To the overlays, using screws, carefully screw the mounting brackets;
- Special rubber plates, which are placed in the inclined bottoms, contribute to the fall of seeds from the cells;
- The wheels of the created grain planter for power tiller (or corn planter) have hubs of 60 mm;
- Special holes are created in the hubs (the diameter is similar to the sowing roller);
- The coulter can be made from a sheet of iron and then attached to the brackets;
- It is possible to adjust the depth to which the seeds will be placed, thanks to the re-attachment of the coulter in special holes;
- On the back wall of the box for the seeds is adapted bracket, which serves as a “connecting link” between the device and power tiller.
If a person really set a goal to create an excellent “helper” with their own hands, then the described features, steps, drawings and videos posted on our website will contribute to the desired result!