grass trimmer Huter get 400 change of line
User’s guide for the Huter GET-400
8.2.4. Mowing tall grass may cause the grass trimmer to overheat and break down. Divide your cutting into several cutting steps, gradually reducing the cutting height. 8.2.5. Do not mow during or immediately after rain. 8.2.6. Use a trimmer line no thicker than 2 mm. Using a thicker line can cause the trimmer reel to fail and the motor to overheat. 8.2.7. The trimmer line wears out (wears out) during operation. During operation, lightly tap the head of the trimmer reel on the ground. Length of line will increase. Repeat if necessary. Note: In order to achieve maximum productivity and excellent results, it is very important to have certain skills when working with the trimmer and to observe safety rules.
Attention! Before carrying out work on the preparation for operation, adjustment and maintenance of the grass trimmer, you must disconnect the plug of the power cord of the grass trimmer from the power outlet. Use gloves to protect hands from sharp edges. 9.1. Cleaning 9.1.1. Clean the grass trimmer after each use. Remove dirt and grass residue from the grass trimmer body. Warning! Be careful when cleaning the blade guard. Use gloves to protect your hands from injury. 9.1.2. Clean the ventilation ducts in the motor housing in good time. 9.2. Transportation and storage 9.2.1. Before transporting the grass trimmer over long distances, ensure that it is securely fastened inside the load compartment. Separate the lower part of the boom from the upper part for transport. 9.2.2. Before transporting the grass trimmer from one working area to another, turn off the engine, unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet. 9.2.3. Store the grass trimmer in a dry place. 9.2.4. When storing for long periods of time, cover all unpainted metal parts of the grass trimmer with a thin layer of oil to prevent corrosion.
Main faults of the reel
Users of electric trimmers and lawnmowers often encounter problems with the semi-automatic mowing head. Faults in the reel may be the following:
Cord spontaneously extends
There are situations when the grass trimmer user notices a very fast consumption of fishing line. At no time did he hit the button on the ground to lengthen the line. The reason that the line for the trimmer spontaneously lengthens, cutting against a special knife on the hood of the device, may be the lack of a spring in the mowing head. Often first-time users of mowers, trying to load the line for trimmer into the reel, forget to install the pressure spring in the head, or lose it at all when opening the cover, and later, do not even suspect of its existence.
Also a line for a trimmer can be extended without a button, if the spring is loose. If checking the spring confirms this fact, some washers should be placed under the spring to reinforce its clamping properties.
How to remove the spool and replace the line for trimmer
Owners of trimmers, mainly beginners, get confused, bordering on panic, when it becomes necessary to change cutting tools or line for a trimmer in the reel. Very often when trying to unscrew the mowing head, users simply cause it to fail, unaware that it unscrews in the opposite direction. To prevent this from happening if the tool needs to be replaced, it is advisable to read the step-by-step instructions below.
- Before inserting the line into the spool, switch off the brushcutter engine or de-energize the electric grass trimmer to avoid injuries caused by unintentional starting of the cutting attachment.
- Unscrew the head that is attached to the gearbox shaft. To do this, the shaft must be secured by aligning the holes on the washer and on the axle and inserting a metal bar or screwdriver into them.
- Unscrew the nozzle. Note that the thread on the shaft is left-handed. Therefore, turn the grass trimmer spool to the right, that is, clockwise.
- Disassemble the mowing head. The most common way to attach the cap is with clips. To remove it, it is necessary to push these catches into the body by pushing off the edges of the cover. In case your trimmer has a semi-automatic mowing head with a button at the bottom, disassembly of the mowing head should be done carefully, because you can lose the spring, which sometimes flies out when you remove the cover.
- Cut the necessary amount of line. It is normally 5 meters long. Use as much cord as shown in the tool’s instruction manual. It is not recommended to exceed the maximum diameter of the line, as this will lead to increased load on the engine and greater gasoline consumption.
- Locate the center of the filament by folding it in half. You will have a loop.
- There are special grooves inside the reel (there may be holes). Insert the line loop into this groove.
- Wind the line for the trimmer on the spool by turning it counterclockwise. Make sure the line is wound as evenly as possible, and the line should wind without overlapping and with a good tension. When you have finished winding it, leave about 20 cm of free line and fasten the ends in the slots on the reel flanges.
- Assemble the mowing head. Do not forget to insert the spring and washer (if present) before finally assembling the nozzle. Insert the spool into the body and thread the ends of the line through the holes or eyelets.
- Put on the cover and fasten it with the latches.
- Screw the nozzle back onto the gearbox shaft by also securing it with the screwdriver. The grass trimmer reel must be tightened to the left (counterclockwise). arrows).
the trimmer line does not lengthen automatically
If the trimmer line does not extend when you lightly bump the grass trimmer reel on the ground, the reasons may be.
Variant 1. jamming has occurred, t.е. the filament is jammed between the coils. This problem usually occurs if the user has wound the trimmer line onto the spool unevenly, with overlapping coils, or has wound it with insufficient tension. in the last case, when the mowing head rotates at high speed, the cord starts to tighten under the influence of centrifugal force, which can result in inter-twist clamping of the line. To fix the problem you will have to disassemble the coil on the trimmer and rewind the cord correctly, i.e. with even turns with good tension.
Alternative 2. ends protrude from the head excessively short. trimmer fishing line may not come out when it hits the ground if its ends sticking out of the head are not long enough (short). In this case, the centrifugal force is not enough to make the trimmer line stretch. That’s why you need to stop the machine (turn off the engine or unplug the electric grass trimmer) and pull the line for the trimmer manually by pressing the button.
Variant 3. The trimmer line is soldered inside the mowing head. This leads to the fact that the spool stalls and does not spin when the button is pressed. Basically, this happens for several reasons: poor quality of the cord, overheating of the reel during prolonged operation of the machine, the impact of the line on hard objects.
- In the first case, the third-party cord can be made from low-quality and fusible materials that can not withstand the mechanical and thermal loading. You should therefore give preference to “branded” lines.
- But, if you still bought a line for a trimmer of unknown quality, and it often solders during work, you can follow the example of some users who, after filling the cord in the reel, lubricate it with either silicone grease (from a can) or mineral oil. This procedure makes it much less likely that the coils of the fishing line will solder to each other.
- Also, trimmer fishing line can stick to itself if it hits a hard object (a rock, a fence, a dry branch, etc.) while mowing.д.). This causes it to stretch a little and retract back into the head at a high rate of speed. The cord gets hot because of friction, and its coils stick together. The only thing you can do to fix this malfunction is to open the grass trimmer reel and rewind the trimmer line.
How to remove the spool and change a line for a trimmer
Owners of trimmers, mainly beginners, get confused, bordering on panic, when there is a need to change cutting tools or line for trimmer on the spool. Very often when trying to unscrew the mowing head, users simply cause it to fail, unaware that it unscrews in the opposite direction. To avoid this happening in the event of a tool change, it is advisable to refer to the step-by-step instructions below.
- Before tucking the fishing line for trimmer into the reel, turn off the brushcutter engine or de-energize the electric grass trimmer to avoid injuries that can occur when accidentally starting the cutting tool rotation.
- Unscrew the head attached to the gear shaft. To do this, the shaft must be secured by aligning the holes on the washer and on the shaft and inserting a metal bar or screwdriver.
- Unscrew the nozzle. Note that the thread on the shaft is left-handed. That’s why you should turn the brushcutter reel clockwise to the right.
- Disassemble the mowing head. Most often the head cover is attached to the locks. To remove the cover you need to push the latches into the body by pushing the edges of the cover off. In case your trimmer has a semi-automatic mowing head that has a button on the bottom, disassembly of the mowing head should be done carefully, because you can lose the spring, which sometimes flies out when you remove the cover.
- Cut the necessary amount of line. This is normally 5 meters long. Use the cord with the diameter indicated in the instruction manual of the tool. It is not recommended to exceed the maximum line diameter as this will put more stress on the engine and increase gasoline consumption.
- Find the center of the cord by folding it in half. You will have a loop.
- There are special grooves (there may be holes) cut into the inside of the spool. Insert the line loop into this groove.
- Wind the line for the trimmer on the spool by turning it counterclockwise. Make sure the line is wound as evenly as possible so the coils do not overlap and have good tension. When you have finished winding, leave the free ends of the cord about 20 cm long and secure them to the slots on the sides of the spool.
- Assemble the mowing head. Do not forget to insert the spring and washer (if present) before finally assembling the nozzle. Insert the filament spool into the body and thread the ends of the filament through the holes or eyelets.
- Replace the cover and fasten the latch.
- Screw the head back onto the gear shaft, also secured with a screwdriver. Screw the grass trimmer reel to the left (counterclockwise). arrow).
The line for the trimmer does not extend automatically
If the grass trimmer line does not extend when the grass trimmer spool button lightly strikes the ground, the reasons may be.
Variant 1. jamming has occurred, t.е. the cord is caught between the coils. This problem usually occurs if the user has wound the line on the spool unevenly, with crossed turns, or has wound it with insufficient tension. If the latter is the case, when the mowing head rotates at high speed, centrifugal force causes the filament to be pulled in, which can lead to a catch in the filament between the filament spools. To correct the problem you will have to disassemble the spool on the trimmer and rewind the cord correctly, i.e. with even turns and good tension.
Variant 2. the ends are too short and protrude from the head. The line may not come out when hitting the ground if the ends protruding from the head are not long enough (short). In this case, the centrifugal force is not enough to pull the line for the trimmer. It is therefore necessary to stop the machine (turn off the engine or unplug the electric grass trimmer) and pull the line for the trimmer manually, by first pressing the button.
Variant 3. trimmer line is soldered inside the mowing head. This causes the reel to be blocked and does not rotate when the button is pressed. Basically, this is due to several reasons: poor quality of the cord, overheating of the reel during prolonged operation of the machine, the impact of the line on hard objects.
- In the first case, third-party cord may be made of low-quality and fusible materials that can not withstand the mechanical and thermal stress. Therefore, preference should be given to “brand-name” lines.
- But if you have bought a line of unknown quality for your trimmer and it often seals during operation, you can follow the example of some users who, after filling the cord in the reel, moisten it with either silicone grease (from a spray bottle) or mineral oil. This procedure makes it much less likely that the line coils will stick together.
- Also, the line for the trimmer may melt if it hits a hard object (a rock, a fence, a dry branch, etc.) while mowing.д.). As a result, it stretches a little and retracts back into the head at a high rate of speed. The friction heats the cord and causes it to stick together. The only thing you can do to fix this malfunction is to open the grass trimmer reel and rewind the trimmer line.
Grass trimmer reel repair with your own hands
the grass trimmer, be it gasoline or electric, is the only true solution for cutting grass in hard-to-reach places that a wheeled lawnmower cannot cope with. As a cutting tool in trimmers are used metal knives or a special line for trimmers, which is tucked into the trimmer’s reel for grass. But, unfortunately, trimmer heads become useless during exploitation over time. Some faults can be repaired with your own hands, some require a complete replacement of the mowing head.
Mowing heads for trimmers can be of different designs. both simple and complex. Figure below shows a semi-automatic trimmer head from Husqvarna brushcutter (Husqvarna) disassembled.
This type of head is present in the complete set of the majority of gasoline mowers and electric trimmers, such as STIHL (STIHL), Patriot (Patriot), Champion (Champion), Bosch (Bosch), Huter (Huter) and others. The design of the mowing head is quite simple. It includes the following parts:
- mowing head base;
- A button for a semi-automatic cord;
- bobbin (spool), in which the line for the trimmer is tucked in;
- eyelets. through them the line for the trimmer comes out;
- The cover of the trimmer head;
- line for the trimmer (cord).
There are also simpler trimmer heads, shown in the following photo.
All of these nozzles do not allow you to change the length of the line in semi-automatic mode (after pressing a button). If the cord breaks, you have to stop the mower and change it manually.
How to properly wind the line for the trimmer: peculiarities of replacement depending on the type of removable spool of the grass trimmer
To understand how to tuck the line for trimmer in the removable trimmer head, the following recommendations and video instructions will help.
How to wind the line for trimmer on the spool of grass trimmer with one tendril
Most often use up to five meters of fishing line. The procedure consists of the following steps:
- Bend the cord with a loop and insert it in the groove of the head.
- Wind the thread in the opposite direction to the marks on the body. They indicate the direction of travel of the head.
- Leave the end of up to fifteen centimeters of thread free to increase centrifugal force.
- Thread the loose end through the spool outlet.
- Assemble the grass trimmer head.
How to wind a trimmer line on a detachable grass trimmer spool with two tendrils
You can watch a video before working, and consider the following recommendations.
- If there is only one track, both threads are wound parallel.
- If there are two tracks, each section is wound in a separate groove.
- Wind the thread in the opposite direction to the rotation of the head.
- The length of the loose ends should not exceed fifteen centimeters.
- Thread the ends through the exit holes.
- Assemble the head and check the operation of the grass trimmer.
Tip! If the free tendrils are not the same length, there is no need to worry. During operation, the extra ends will be cut off.
automatic grass trimmer: how to wind the line for a trimmer in a removable spool
Some models of trimmers have a spool, the filling of the line in which is automatic. The owner is enough to fix the ends in the head, after turning on the equipment, all manipulations on the winding mechanism will perform independently.
You should be aware of that! The strengths of the automatic grass trimmer head include the ease of winding. The disadvantages of such equipment are frequent breakdowns of the complex mechanism and high cost.
Nuances of line replacement in a trimmer
Choosing a line for the trimmer, you should also be guided by the type of engine. If the thread is too large, the resistance to rotation will increase, respectively, the motor will constantly overheat and will soon fail. Consider all peculiarities of threading the line into the grass trimmer reel, the video instruction will help to perform all works correctly.
Recommendations on how to change the fishing line for a trimmer on a trimmer powered by electricity
Before you charge the fishing line for the trimmer in the electric trimmer for grass, it is necessary to choose the correct cross-section of the thread:
- For a model with a motor power of less than 500 watts will fit a cord with a diameter of 1.3 mm or 1.6 mm;
- if you have power over 1 kW, choose 2 mm fishing line.
To understand in more detail, how to wind the fishing line for trimmer on the reel of an electric trimmer for grass, the following will help
Some tips on how to change the line for the trimmer on a gasoline trimmer
Many users specify how to correctly wind the line for the trimmer on a trimmer for grass, working on gasoline. For such a model, you should pay attention to the shaft mower:
Reviews on the grass trimmer Huter GET-400
True Huter get-400 grass trimmer reviews from Sidex. All reviews by owners of the Huter GET-400 grass trimmer have been reviewed.
Pros: light weight, small. Convenient to use. For not tall. The length of the assembled 95 cm. Disadvantages: It is necessary to make frequent breaks in the work, so the motor does not overheat. Review: It works for the 4th season.
Pros: There are a lot of pros. Cons: Would lengthen the size by 10-15cm. Review: I am tall and 186 and can mow with one hand because the grasshopper is short but light.
Pros: Super, used all season, works great. Had to change the trimmer line to 2mm with a metal core for fall straw, the grass trimmer did fine. Handy short cord, no fear of accidentally cutting it. Cons: Trimmer line often tears.
Pros: Comfortable, lightweight. Disadvantages: The included line for the trimmer is too thin and often is cut, it must be taken thicker. Review: Great for the country house.
I use the grass trimmer to take care of a small lawn at the cottage. The grass does not grow much in a week, and the grass trimmer handles it well. The blade guard protects my feet from thrown grass. Comfortable in hand, it has two handles, the cross handle is adjustable. It cuts the grass with a line, it is robust, easy to change as needed.
Pros: It performs its tasks, compact, comfortable handle, with a protective cover Disadvantages: None Review: With this compact, lightweight electric trimmer we cut young grass between the rows, in the flower bed and in the greenhouse at home. It has the power of a grass trimmer and the thickness of the line is enough for such tasks. Practically silent operation with comfortable handle, under-finger control and auxiliary tool holder. The blade guard protects you from flying dirt and grass particles in the face.
Pros: Efficiency, compact size, comfortable handle Cons: none Review: We use this trimmer for lawn care at home. Lightweight, compact design with overheat protection system and does its job well. We cut young grass in flowerbeds, between seedbeds, in the greenhouse quickly and accurately. The grass trimmer line is of good quality, it has never torn. I like the feel of the grass trimmer in my hand, because it has a stylish design.
It can do its job, as long as the lawn is well groomed. I have a virgin land. But I’m still happy with it.
Plusses: It’s small, compact, easy to carry, with good handle, and it’s great for trimming grass, and we’ve never had a problem with it. It is convenient that it is quite compact, the handles are well thought out, it’s nice. But to be honest, you could add knives to the package, they would not be superfluous, no one.
Plusses: Small, for small things, not to have a big trimmer for grass, convenient, plugged in the extension cord and it works. Cons: The line for the trimmer is very thin, breaks quickly, after a minute. Very short, for people taller than 180 cm, will be problematic, you will need to bend down. Review: It cuts the grass fairly confidently
I bought it for my garden. It has an auxiliary handle, it knocks down the grass well. The safety guard is smart, when I mow the grass nothing flies around, no stones fall.
I took it for a small area, and it does the job very well. The grass cuts evenly, it is easy to change the trimmer line if necessary. I like the fact that it is not necessary to monitor the fuel as in the last trimmer, this works from the network. The sprayer boom is collapsible, so there is no problem where to store it
Plusses: small size, light weight, power, reliable blade guard, easy to tuck in the trimmer line, additional handle on the bar Disadvantages: short cord. I am happy with my purchase. In one year of use, there were no damages. Light in weight, arms do not get tired. No vibration, moderately noisy. It has a side handle, which makes it easier to hold and mow, plus it puts pressure on both hands. Maneuverable enough, up to the flowers can be gently mowed. Made of quality plastic. Color is black and does not show any dirt from green grass. Reel under the line for a trimmer classic, line trimmer tuck no problem even a woman. But the wire is obviously short, so I’ll use an extension cord.
To keep our lawn neat and tidy on the front lawn. I chose the electric one, so I wouldn’t have to breathe the waste products of the gasoline one. It has a cross handle, it can be set in any position. The electric drive is located at the bottom, it is comfortable to work. The body can be separated in two parts easily.
Pluses: low weight, compact size, power, nice shape with dop. We use it with my wife in the country to mow lawns. Small, easy to maneuver, light in weight. It does not overheat during long hours of work. The form is great, on the body is a functional additional handle. The blade guard is of a good design: it protects but does not obstruct the view. Starts up with a button, no problems. Changing the line in the spool is easy, even a woman can do it, to disconnect and wind it up. It consumes power economically. It has no noise and no vibration.
Pros: Small, lightweight, the power button is conveniently located. Review: I mow the lawn with this trimmer at home, it’s very handy. The engine pulls the trimmer down, I can only drive it with my hands. The button on the top handle, right under your fingers, is easy to press and hold. To add lines for the trimmer, you need to tap on the bottom of the button, it comes out as much as necessary.
Positives: Small, lightweight trimmer for grass Disadvantages: Not too powerful Review: With this trimmer is easy to get under the bushes and flowers, but also hard to reach places near the fence, house or other buildings for mowing. Thanks to the comfortable curve of the cutting head, you do not have to bend down in front of each bush. Hands and back do not get tired with such a lightweight tool at all.
Pros: Low weight. Compact size. Easy to use. Disadvantages: included very thin line for the trimmer, it is better to immediately replace it with another. Review: I use a gasoline lawn mower for my 12 acres plot. My wife cannot use it, and I can’t even manage it. I bought this electric lawn trimmer for my vegetable garden. I showed him how to assemble it and how to pull out the trimmer line. than okay for its money.
Pros: Convenient, lightweight, compact, two handles, adjustable transverse handle, durable blade guard. Cons: Couldn’t find any. Review: I use it for trimming in the garden. It’s convenient to mow around the trees and bushes. It is quite light, no hand fatigue, vibration is virtually unnoticeable.
– 4. tr-ilia
|Review:||Bought over a year ago. Was looking for something cheaper. For my height of 1.82. Short. You have to bend over. It makes me get tired quickly. Some descriptions show the thickness of the line. 2 mm. The built-in installed thinner. When I ran out, I put 2 mm. I had to drill a little hole in the spool, as the line for the trimmer is a bit thick. Not enough power for this line, but it tears less. Worth the money.|
– 2. data is hidden
|Pros:||Small price to match the performance and quality.|
|Cons:||bottom mounted motor. It gets wet, it rusts and. in the end. burns out. Considered to be a good buy. If will last three seasons. Quick wear and tear of the trimmer head. As a result, the trimmer line is consumed by meters in a single pass. Tested by. Simply put. one-time use product.|
– 4. Trofimov Ilya
|Review:||Bought over a year ago. Was looking for a cheaper alternative. For my height of 1.82. Short. Have to bend down. It makes me get tired quickly. Some descriptions show the thickness of the line. 2 mm. OEM installed thinner. When it ran out, put 2 mm. I had to drill a little hole in the reel, as the line is too thick for a trimmer. Not enough power for this kind of fishing line, but it tears less. It’s worth its price.|
– 4. Igor Pavlenko
|Cons:||Not in relation to price. Performance meets price|
|Review:||trimmer line has to be pulled out of the reel by hand all the time. Because of the fact that the thin breaks off.|
– 4. data is hidden
|Pros:||Good line feed, enough for three mowing jobs.|
|Cons:||Trimmer line starts to cut through the hole at the head outlet, although this was the same on my previous trimmer. But the main inconvenience. short handle, strain on my back.|
– 2. koderan k.
|Pros:||Works for the second year without failure on the 6 sootka Lightweight, handy|
|Cons:||Few people probably pay attention when buying. But the grass trimmer is not designed for trimmer line no more than 1.2 mm, of course you can put and more as recommended here, but you must understand that this is at your own risk and fear, t.е. It can easily die from overheating. Yes, the grass trimmer still works, and hopefully will continue to work for a long time, but I would not recommend it all the same. Better buy a more powerful, because the line for the trimmer 1.2 at first you can not find on sale already, and it consumes quickly, t.The cutter is very thin. One set for the season, but thicker. lottery.|
– 5. the data is hidden
|Pros:||price, nice design|
|Cons:||For people over 170 the grass trimmer will be uncomfortable|
|Review:||Bought for the summer house, for 850r. In principle, the grass trimmer can handle the grass. Can’t compare to the professional model in terms of power and speed, but it overcame even very thick grass. Sold in a small box, collapsible. Easy to assemble, will need a Phillips screwdriver. I have a line for my trimmer to try out. Next, from the pictures in the manual learned to charge myself. At one time holds about 2 meters of fishing line, a thickness of 1.6 mm.|
– 5. Dorofeeva Vasilina
|Pros:||Lightweight, compact, reasonable price.|
|Review:||trimmer for grass is convenient in handling the fact that its width of cutting they can get into hard-to-reach places (corners of fences, narrow passages, between bushes, trees, plantings) without damaging either parts of the trimmer for grass, or the specified objects. Handy in small areas, landscaping, overcrowded or densely planted areas. Very lightweight, only 2kg. The hand does not get tired, feels like a vacuum cleaner tube in your hand. Plus reliable brand and ridiculous price.|
– 5. Irina Nikityuk
|Pros:||Very lightweight, relatively quiet|
|Review:||I bought it for my summer cottage job, and it made my life a lot easier. It’s very convenient that it is not bulky, I can easily move around the whole area. The trimmer’s thin line cuts the grass sharply, but if I get a stone, I will have to replace it. It happens seldom, last season we had enough spool and still have more.|
– 5. Anton Chervonyuk
|Pros:||Grass trimmer has a light weight, compact size and a nice price.|
|Cons:||During the time of use did not find.|
|Review:||Very effective in hard-to-reach areas due to its small size. The line for the trimmer is thin. The grass is cut evenly, without a hitch. Anyone can cut the grass, because the grass trimmer does not weigh more than 2 kg. I use the unit for 3 months, no complaints on the assembly and operation.|
Check the motor
If the button and wiring are undamaged, you can proceed to testing the motor. For this purpose remove the enclosure cover by first removing a few screws with a screwdriver.
The first thing to do after access to the electric motor is to check the functionality of the brush unit. If the brushes are worn beyond the maximum allowable value, the electric motor can stop completely or work unstably. If the brushes and the collector are all right, proceed to “check” the motor winding. In order to rule out the possibility of failure in both circuits should be carried out in turn
Motor stator and rotor check. In order to perform this operation it is necessary to
- Remove the motor from the mower.
- Switch on the multimeter in resistance measurement mode and check all collector plates for breakage. During the test there should not be considerable deviations in the readings of the testing device.
- Perform a ground fault test of the rotor winding. Connect one probe of the multimeter to the rotor “mass” and the other to any plate on the collector. The multimeter should be set to measure the resistance greater than 1 megohm. The resistance of a good motor should be very high between the winding and the “common ground”.
- Measure the stator winding resistance value. If there is no resistance, it can be stated in this case that it is faulty.
- If the stator cables are perfectly all right, carry out a check for a possible ground fault in the same way as for the stator cables.
How to disassemble and repair electric lawn trimmer
Before disassembling and repairing the electric lawn trimmer, check the power outlet and mains voltage. If its value deviates from the norms specified in the instruction manual, then you should not even try to work the device without a stabilizer designed for the appropriate power. Otherwise the electric motor can break down. Only after determining that the cause of the grass trimmer failure is directly related to it, you can begin to disassemble the mechanism for repair purposes.
Disassembly and repair of electrical parts
To disassemble the electric motor for repair, proceed as follows.
- Place the grass trimmer on a flat surface (such as a table) that is free of any unnecessary objects.
- Loosen the screws on one side of the cover.
- Remove the unscrewed half of the housing, getting access to the start button, the electric motor, the brush unit, bearings, electrical connections (these elements are shown in the photo below).
Brush and bearing assemblies are shown in the photo below.
The grasshopper will also work without the thermostat, but you’ll need to check the temperature of the electric motor yourself, periodically letting it cool down. You can also install a new similar sensor.
The motor starter button can be checked by shorting its contacts with a jumper. If the grass trimmer works, the problem is clear. But this way is not safe. Be careful not to receive an electric shock. To change the button, you should use a screwdriver to remove it from its seat and connect the wires from the old to the new. After the replacement you need to assemble the electric grasshopper and then check its functionality.
Brush replacement is required if the brushes are destroyed. It is enough to pull the old ones out of the grooves and install the new ones in their place.
The connection terminals are almost identical for different trimmers, so plugging and unplugging the wires is done in a similar way.
Replacing the bearing is quite a complex operation, because it can get stuck and not removed from the motor shaft. Pull or knock it down carefully so as not to damage the rotor or the seat.
When the electric motor trimmer for grass goes out of order, and you need to replace it with a new one, you should carefully remove the fan and bearings and then install them in their place. The cost of replacement is almost equal to buying a new mechanism. Its implementation in the absence of experience with electric motors is better to entrust the professionals.
Electric grass trimmer Huter GET-400
Pros: Very handy lightweight in contrast to the gasoline-powered if the site has electricity is the best that can be
Cons: Weak. All made of plastic. You can not smell reliability
Comment: It is better to save up and get a normal one.
Disadvantages: The line for the trimmer is too thin, it is often cut, you need to get a thicker line.
Reviews Electric grass trimmer Huter GET-400
The information in the model description is for reference only. Always check the specifications and accessories with the manager of your chosen online store before buying.
Don’t expect it to be super productive, it’s not what it’s made for. mow around the trees, along the fence, around the flowerbeds. it’s for him, but if you need to mow 20 acres of weeds. Get something serious. the only thing that’s embarrassing. Not a great spool but even if the whole thing falls apart in a year. buy new, for the price of a carton of cigarettes. My wife loves it (it’s not a cord cutter around my neck)! recommend! 27.12.2021: still alive and well, even the coil is intact! My wife was buzzing with it all summer.
-My height is 188, so it’s a little short for me.
Review: I use it to cut a hundred square meters, it’s a pretty passable product.
Norm product for its money, suitable only for small and soft grass, line for trimmer set bad had to buy another
Review: I do not know much, so that’s it,
Review: As long as it’s winter. Can’t say anything. Come summer. We will try it out
It works great, I used it all season long and it works great. I had to change my trimmer line to 2mm with a metal core for the fall straw, the grass trimmer handled. It has a short cord so you can cut it without fear of accident.
Great, it works, mows even a big grass. Very glad I ordered it. Very easy and handy. With my husband, “fighting” who will mow with it. Thank you and highly recommended.
Review: I took the weed trimmer like most people, for normal suburban mowing of seasonal weeds on the lawn and other places. Convenient that it is quite compact, handles well thought out, it’s a pleasure. I don’t know much, so that’s it. But to be honest, it would be nice to add blades, they would not be superfluous for anyone.
Efficiency, compact size, comfortable handle
The trimmer works great for the lawns at home. The device is light, compact, with a system of protection against overheating copes with its task perfectly. For cutting young grass in flowerbeds, between seedbeds, in the greenhouse, quickly and neatly. The lines for the grass trimmer are of good quality, they have never torn. Grass trimmer is comfortable and pleasant to hold in a hand, as the scythe features a stylish design.
It achieves its intended purpose, compact size, comfortable handle, and a protective cover
Review: This compact, lightweight electric grass trimmer cuts new grass between beds, in the flower garden, and in the greenhouse. The trimmer’s grass trimmer power and line thickness are sufficient for these applications. It has a quiet and well maintained handle with a knob under my fingers and an extra handhold. The hood safely protects my face from flying grass and dirt particles.
Review: I use the grass trimmer to care for my small lawn at home. The grass doesn’t grow much in a week and is easy to handle. The cover protects my feet from thrown grass. Easy to hold, it has two handles, the cross handle is adjustable. It cuts the grass with a fishing line, it is durable, easy to change as needed.
Small. Easy. That’s all. Only suitable for mowing
Lightweight, fits well in the hand, easy to use for short people.
-Does not cut thicker stems
Review: great value for money, happy with the overall quality/price ratio. It is possible to work, but, as I have already mentioned above, it does not cut thick grass
Compact size, light weight, power, reliable protection cover, easy to tuck in the trimmer line, additional handle on the boom
Review: Was bought for the summer cottage. I am happy with my purchase. Did not break down during the year of use. Weight is light, so my arms don’t get tired. No vibration, moderately noisy. It has a side handle, which makes holding and mowing much easier and puts pressure on both hands. It is maneuverable enough, even the flowers can be mowed gently. It is made of quality plastic. The color is black and does not show the dirt from green grass. Reel under the line for a classic trimmer, trimmer line tuck no problem, even a woman. But the wire is clearly short, save with an extension cord.
-No latch on the power button, flimsy head
Review: I originally bought the grass trimmer for mowing the lawn, but it e not bad showed itself in other tasks despite the fact that the handle is pretty short to work with him quite possible. You’d better not use trimmer line, but replace it with a better one.
Review: I took it for the care of a small area and it does the job very well. I like the shape of the blade of grass, it cuts evenly, it is easy to change the trimmer line if necessary. I like that it does not need to watch the fuel like in the last trimmer, this one runs on the network. The boom is demountable, so there is no problem with where to store
Review: Purely an urban trimmer for the grass. Lawn trimmer. Hence the design and stylish appearance. Not bad in the work. Gets the grass cut cleanly. It doesn’t crush, it doesn’t tear, but it cuts. It is desirable to replace the native line for trimmer on a thicker, so it will be more effective. The motor is at the bottom, so it’s best to mow when the grass is dry.