How And What To Insulate The Dog House For The Winter
On the eve of cold weather, every dog owner thinks about whether the pet needs additional protection in the winter, how to create ideal conditions for wintering and whether it is necessary for the dog.
Does it freeze in winter
Most dogs can comfortably tolerate cold and even sleep in the snow, it all depends on the breed of dog. Hunting breeds perfectly tolerate cold, by the winter they grow thick wool and in principle it is not advisable to keep them at home, as this spoils the innate scent.
However, even members of the same breed react differently to cold depending on the conditions in which they live.
When a dog lives in an apartment, it often sheds, since it does not need an undercoat in an apartment. When an animal lives in a booth, by winter it will have a warm undercoat that ensures the safety of heat.
In addition to the undercoat on the conservation of heat affects the size of the animal. Large breeds of dogs lose heat more slowly than small ones. Pets, deprived of the undercoat or having it underdeveloped, need winter clothing.
How to prepare
In order to take care of the comfort of your pet during the cold season, you must follow a few rules:
Consider the options for warming a dog kennel:
- Warming the booth with mineral wool. Mineral wool is an excellent heater, however, due to the small size of the kennel, the process will be laborious. The layer of mineral wool will need to be waterproofed. Glass wool is not recommended for insulation.
- Thermal insulation dog kennel foam. Foam thickness of 0.5 cm will be an excellent insulator. Unlike mineral wool, it is not subject to external influence, therefore waterproofing will not be required, but protection will be needed from the dog’s claws.
- Insulation booths heat insulators. Excellent thermal insulation properties have rolled insulation materials, such as polyethylene and penofol. They are very easy to mount and also need additional cladding.
- Thermal insulation of the booth with felt. Besides the fact that felt is a natural material, it is absolutely safe and inexpensive. Inside the booth will always be dry, as it is vapor proof. In addition, it is the only material that does not require plating; ordinary nails with large caps are suitable for fastening.
- Heaters will help. If the booth is let down, or there is an opportunity to bring electricity, then the panel heater will warm the dog perfectly. Its infrared panels need to be fixed inside the booth or mounted under the casing. For booths perfectly suited and film heaters. Thermofilm must also be installed under the inner lining.
Sequence of work
It is necessary to begin warming from floors, it is necessary to protect the bottom of the kennel. Above the insulation must be laid finishing floor. Next, insulate the walls of the kennel, in accordance with the selected material.
The last is insulated roof, there is no need plating.
The roof must be protected from moisture and wind.
There are many ways to insulate a booth’s home and there’s absolutely nothing complicated about it. If your faithful pet is dear to you, then it is better to take care of its living conditions, especially during the winter months.
Watch a video in which a specialist tells you how to build a warm dog house with your own hands: