How the coil is attached to the trimmer. Semiautomatic coils and how effective they are
Trimmer ignition coil. Malfunctions and repair
Motokosi is a popular seasonal tool designed to remove unnecessary vegetation in the house site. Like any other technique, these devices periodically break. Trammer’s ignition coil repair is one of the popular problems characteristic of gasoline cos. The ignition system itself is designed similarly on two- and four-stroke ICEs, so the elimination of the breakdown is almost the same for the tools of different manufacturers, whether it is “luxury”, Huter, Husqvarna or other brand. Ways to restore the performance of the ignition coil or replacing it with a new one. In the material further.
The purpose of the ignition coil is the conversion of rotation energy into a high.Voltage discharge and the formation of a spark that ignites the fuel mixture. In the internal combustion engine, this part is called magneto, since in it alternating current is generated from rotation of a constant magnetic rotor or anchor.
Magneto constructively consists of two windings: high and low voltage. The condenser with interrupter contacts are parallel to the latter. Whereas the conclusions of the high.Voltage winding are connected to the candle and body. They are both wound on a core between the poles of which a rotating magnet is installed, magnetized longitudinally.
How to choose a trimmer line. Length, diameter, restrictions
It is important to remember! You cannot use fishing trimmer line or metal cables for a trimmer. This replacement is not effective and dangerous
The cable can injure not only the mower himself, but also others. As for the length, it is worth counting on the estimated frequency of using the trimmer. The more often, the more it is worth stocking up.
Information about the possible diameter of the trimmer line is found on the coil body for a trimmer. Most likely, the range will be indicated there. The thickness varies from 1.2 to 4 mm. Choose a suitable option, taking into account the features of the processed territory. The larger the diameter, the easier it is to mow hard grass.
How to remove the head of the trimmer: Basic rules
It is necessary to remove the trimmer head, adhering to the elementary rules in working with a motorcycle and an electric counterpart, and the main ones we will call:
Jam the gearbox for unscrewing the head with a special hexagon or neatly screwdriver, immersing it in a special hole
The latter can greatly clog with grass and merge with a common color, therefore. Delicately clean and find it; It is necessary to jam so that the shaft does not turn; Especially carefully work with the dismantling of a broken or cracked coil. Its elements can be everywhere; Many users of a gas station today are looking for a Trimmer to remove the head on the network, and in instructive articles and videos we also FOCUS on different types of threads. Take into account the nuances of your tool; For ease of work, it is practiced to turn the tool down down the engine, laying on a horizontal surface; Shock and sharp efforts attached when removing the mowing head are inappropriate, since the plastic delicate case can be damaged; Install a new coil or old, if it is still suitable, you need to be a cleaned tool. The new tackle must meet the parameters of the old. Installation of another component, the characteristics of which do not meet the power of the braids, can adversely affect its elements and the operation of the mechanism as a whole; We recommend working with a cleaned tool to avoid getting garbage and small particles of grass into the holes; Blocking the gearbox by threading into the groove of the screwdriver is a mandatory procedure when installing a new coil or removing the old; Remember the prevailing of the left thread on the gearbox of most trimmers; Do not forget to remove the screwdriver from the groove groove at the end of the installation of the coil in place; All fixations and removal must be carried out delicately, remembering that the coil is made of thin plastic; It is not worth it to tighten the new coil (or the old one in its place), since after the working hours it will be impossible to remove it at the next time withdrawal
It is also not necessary to fix too easily. Weigh the load laid on this node during operation and the resistance of the cutting material; If you need to determine the knife or spool instead of the coil to the trimmer. Analog cutting tackle, then the gearbox block is also carried out, twisting is carried out in the same circuit, but the installation itself is slightly different due to the specifics of each individual gear. Mount the knives on a trimmer with a coil if the tool is functionally working with different types of gear.
In order to change the trimmer line, it is necessary to extract the old one (if it was).
The coil is a part of the trimmer structure, which is located inside the head of motorcycles, drum or bobin. Depending on the manufacturers of the head can be different. But this article discusses only Patriot, although their mechanism is used by many other companies.
Instructions on how to promote a hand head on a trimmer is described below.
- First of all, you need to clean the head of dirt and adhering grass if it is contaminated. To do this, you need to raise a motorcycle head up and, holding the casing, remove a special protective cover dressed on the drum.
- The next step needs to remove the reel from the drum. The coil is easily removed even with one hand, because it is not fixed inside the drum.
- The drum itself is fixed in the trimmer with a bolt. This bolt must be unscrewed, after which you can easily pull out the drum. To do this carefully, you should support the drum with a coil, while twist the screw counterclockwise.
- Now you can pull the coil out. As mentioned above, it is not fixed in anything except a hook with a metal shaft, so it does not need to be torn off with force. Neatly, in a circular movement you should pull the coil from the drum.
- Now it remains to extract the old trimmer line and follow the following instructions.
Installation of the coil and drum in its former place is performed according to the opposite algorithm.
Before the process of refueling the trimmer line, it is worth making sure that the thread suitable for the trimmer was bought. In the case when the thread is not suitable, the fuel or energy consumption increases, as well as the load on the motor motor.
In order to replace the thread itself directly, you need to prepare a piece of thread of the required size. Most often, this requires about 4 m trimmer line. A specific figure will depend on the parameters of the thread, for example, its thickness, as well as on the parameters of the coil itself. If it is not possible to accurately determine the length, it can be done as follows: insert and wind the thread to such a state that the coil is completely charged (the level of the trimmer line will be compared with protrusions in the sides of the coil). It is necessary to ensure that the trimmer line sits in the coil exactly.
The instructions for refueling the trimmer line in the coil is described below.
- The prepared thread must be taken and turned in half. It should be ensured that one edge is longer than the other by 0.1-0.15 m.
- Now you need to take the ends in different hands. The one that is smaller must be pulled to more, so that it becomes 2 times shorter. When bending, the indentation should be maintained at 0.15m.
- Find the slot inside the coil partition. Carefully prick the loop that turned out earlier in this slot.
- To continue work, it is necessary to determine the direction of winding the thread in the coil. To do this, just examine the coil. There should be an arrow on it.
- If the gunner could not be found, it is quite possible that there is a written designation. An example is given in the photo below. It is necessary to inspect the head of the coil. It has a direction indicator. However, this is the direction of the coil movement. To get the direction of winding, you need to wind in the opposite direction.
- Now you need to season the reel with a trimmer line. It is worth noting that there are special guide grooves inside the coil. When wrapping a thread, you need to follow these grooves, otherwise you can damage the trimmer. At this stage, you need to charge the coil very carefully.
- When the user winds up almost the entire thread, you should take the short end (do not forget about the protrusion of 0.15m) and stretch it into the hole located in the coil wall. Now you need to repeat this action similarly with another end (on the other hand).
- Put the coil itself in the coil head, before that, extinguishing the trimmer line through the holes inside the drum.
- Now is the time to return the drum to your place. After that, you need to take with both hands by the ends of the trimmer line and pull them to the sides. Then you need to put the lid in place (here you can safely make efforts until a characteristic click is heard).
- Remained to perform “cosmetic work”. You need to see if the thread has come out too long. You can start a trimmer and check in practice whether everything is comfortable. If the thread came out a little long, you can cut it with scissors.
Remove the coil from the trimmer
On small electric trimmers with the lower engine location (when it is located at the ground) at the coil, usually there are two keys on the sides. Click on them and disconnect one half of the coil body from the second, which remains on the trimmer. Together with the first half, the inner part is also taken out, on which the trimmer line is directly wound. When analyzing, be careful: there is a spring inside that can fly out and get lost.
On electric and gasoline trimmers with a bent bar (on such trimmers there is no way to put a knife yet) you need to grab the coil body itself with one hand, and with the second hand you need to start turning counterclockwise the lamb available on it. It is he who attaches the coil to the trimmer bar. Having unscrewed the lambs, carefully remove the whole coil, trying not to lose the spring available inside.
On electric and gasoline trimmers with a straight bar and a gearbox at its end (on such trimmers, in addition to the trimmer line, you can also install a knife) look for a hole under the coil, insert into it, for example, a screwdriver, quietly rotate the coil until the screwdriver crawls even deeper and even deeper, and The coil will be fixed. Now we twist the whole coil clockwise (since the thread is left) and remove it from the trimmer. Then we disassemble the coil. It can be collected using latches or twisted with a lamb. If the coil is on the latches, then we press on the sides on the base of the latches so that they bent and free one half of the coil body from the other. We just twist the lamb. There may also be a third type of connection of two halves of such a coil: with it you need to grab the lower part with one hand, and the top is the upper one, and start turning them in opposite directions. Disasseminating such a coil, you must also follow so that the spring available inside is not lost.
Than 200 types of trimmers in one place at the lowest prices. Click and look
Now, having removed and dismantled the coil, we proceed, in fact, to the winding.
The device is a trimmer head
In the Russian market, semi.Automatic trimmer heads are considered the most popular. A typical representative of the mechanisms of this type is a universal semi.Automatic head, which is equipped with electric trimmers and benzocos of such well.Known brands as Bosch, Huter, Husqvarna, etc. Its device is shown in the figure.
- Corps (pos.6) with a lid (pos.1), equipped with special eyes (poses.5) through which the cutting cord is displayed;
- Shpulya (pos.3) on which the trimmer line is wound (pos.7);
- A pressing spring (pos. 4).
BEGINNER COIL BUILDING SERIES. EPS. 1. TOOLS. DIAMETER. WIRE. RESISTANCE
There are other simpler heads.
What is a trimmer
The trimmer means motorcycles or electrocos. In fact, this is one of the variety of lawn mowers (manual mower), which are designed to mow grass. This is a modern braid. Initially, they were developed to carry out agricultural work, however, the main use of the trimmers was precisely the mowing of lawns.
For the first time, the idea to create a trimmer occurred to an American entrepreneur J. Bollas. Passing by car through an automatic car wash, he noticed that the principle of rotating brushes can be used for beveling agricultural crops.
After that, he assembled a primitive trimmer from a tin can (as a coil) and a trimmer line flowed into the holes drilled in it. He installed the resulting design on a pole on which the engine was previously mounted from a moped. The device is a mowing not only wheat, but also grass. Realizing that on the sale of braids he will earn a lot of money, the entrepreneur improved his product and gave him the name “Excellents of weeds”. A feature of the invention was the possibility of a bevel of grass around the trees. The forest perfectly cut the grass, but did not injure the bark.
The main purpose of such a tool was the bevel of grass in small areas in places where classic wheel technology cannot be used:
- In the presence of a large number of shrubs;
- In gardens with a large number of trees;
- Near fences and fences;
- If the site has an uneven relief.
Coil core to coil winding
All trimmers have a rod in their composition. The main constructive element. A gasoline or electric engine is attached to the rod from one end, and a coil with a trimmer line is put on the other. The main working element. Over, the type of transmission can be any. It is limited only by the capabilities of the manufacturer and commercial parameters.
The choice of trimmer line
In order for the dressing of trimmer line to the trimmer head to be successful, it is important not to lose with the choice of consumable. The thicker the cord you refuel, the more thick and hard grass it can cut
A universal trimmer line is often used, the diameter of which is 2 mm. You can choose the diameter suitable for the mower in the following ways:
See the information about the thickness of the trimmer line in the instructions attached to the trimmer. Pay attention to the squash itself. Sometimes information is applied on it about possible trimmer line diameters. Another option is to try to insert the cord into the output
Trimmer Restoration | Restoration AC Hair Clipper | Rewinding Hair Clipper Transformer
If it easily passes into it, then the selected fishing diameter is suitable for use.
The coil for the trimmer can be selected by the cord thread by type of engine. If the trimmer line is too thick, then the resistance to rotation will increase. The engine in this case will overheat and will soon fail. Useful recommendations:
- For an electric device with an engine of less than 500 in, a thread of 1.3 mm thick is suitable. If this was not found, then you can use the trimmer line by 1.6 mm. If the power is more than 1 kW, then select a cord with a diameter of 2 mm.
- The gasoline trimmer has a shaft mower. For the bent version, the cord for 2 mm is often used. If the shaft is straight, then set the thread 2.4–2.5 or 3 mm. The thickest trimmer line is installed on powerful devices. From 1.3 kW.
Pay attention to the type of cross section of the cordry thread. Some popular options:
- The most common fishing lines with a round section. They mow fresh herbs well, but they cope worse with shrubs, drows.
- Twisted (spiral) cord does not differ in high strength, but well suitable for thin young grass.
- The jagged thread with sharp edges is ideal for a large weeds in a neglected area.
- You can mow the lawn in a rectangular, stellar or square trimmer line for a trimmer, but they are not very durable.
- The most durable is a two.Component cord with an internal core and a round section.
Types of trimmer line for a trimmer, keep in mind that it is impossible to use wire, metal strings and cables, as well as an ordinary fishing thread instead. The device will be dangerous for both the user and for others. So the cable or similar products will gradually begin to shut down, as a result, their ends will be reacted, and small pieces will scatter at high speed.
TOP-5 best models
The following rating includes the most popular coils in five different categories. The list was compiled based on sales indicators for the current year and consumer reviews for these models.
The most affordable model
Among the best available spool stands out Patriot DL-1200. This semi.Automatic collapsible coil from the company Patriot is suitable for benzos with straight rods. Threading parameters: M10 × 1.25 LH (left metric thread, diameter. 10 mm, step 1.25 mm). Fishing thickness. Up to 3 mm. Compatibility with other devices: forester, Home Garden, Elg, Huter.
|Initial cost, rub.
|Durable model, reliably attached to the trimmer.
The best automatic coil
The best coil of the automatic group. Denzel 96308. It is suitable for gasoline and electrical equipment with a mount for the nut M8 × 1.25 RH (diameter 8 mm, right thread). The maximum cross section of the trimmer line is 1.6 mm, the length is up to 15 m. The cord is automatically lengthened when the mower is turned on.
|Initial cost, rub.
|High.Quality materials and assembly, convenient trimmer line feed.
|Suitable for one model-96608 Te-550, can only be used on soft grass.
The best semi.Automatic model
In this category, Spool leads STIHL Autocut C 5-2, which is intended for trimmers FSE 60/71/81, FS 38/45/50 of the same brand. It is designed for a trimmer line 2 mm thick and is characterized by a light refueling without disassembling the head.
|Initial cost, rub.
|Durability, fast winding.
The best manual model
Among the reels with manual controls, a larger number of positive reviews collected a spool Strong Stro-226, aluminum. This is a spider type reel with the number of cutting ends. 8. It is suitable for electric and motorcycle, does not rust and does not deform even in the most difficult working conditions. To replace the cord, ignition/power of the device must be turned off.
|Initial cost, rub.
|Universality, increased strength, reliability.
|It is necessary to constantly monitor the length, condition and reserves of the trimmer line, which is spent faster due to the use of segments.
The best universal model
Of the many universal, the spool is especially popular Denzel 96316. This is a semi.Automatic reel under a trimmer line up to 3 mm long. The diameter and step of the thread (left). M10 × 1.25, but thanks to the adapters, this coil can be placed on trimmers with nuts and screws with a diameter of 8, 10 and 12 mm. This spool is suitable for many models of motor and electric.
|Initial cost, rub.
|Compatibility with different devices, a convenient and fast installation of the coil in the case, a good combination of price and quality.
So, the exit of the trimmer head is out of order is an unpleasant, but easily eliminated obstacle on the way to a neat area or a prepared sen. Even if the desired model is not in the store, you can always make the coil with your own hands, although with the current variety of goods for the garden you have to resort to this method very rarely.
Do.It.Yourself electrimmer repair: detailed instructions for a novice master with pictures, schemes and photos
A mowing string head is one of the types of actuating mechanisms of a garden trimmer. It is intended for mowing grass and constructively represents a special coil (bobin) from which a cutting cord (string, trimmer line) sticks out in different directions). The string is a consumable material that is subject to replacement during operation. Based on the constructive and operational features of the trimmer, manufacturers equip their products with a wide variety of types of heads-from simple manual coils to complex automatic bones. The more difficult the device of this mechanism, the more likely its breakdown. What to do if the coil does not spin, the string is not served or broken, as well as with other malfunctions. In the material further.
Modern nozzles-cultivators can be performed in two performance:
Despite different names and designs, by and large the fundamental difference is only in the form of a loose knot.
The torque is transmitted to the nozzle-cultivator from the engine thanks to the shaft, which is combined by means of a special bar. The latter, unfortunately, often has to buy separately.
The unit under consideration cannot be called interchangeable, while the number of slots on the end part of the bar may vary from 7 to 9. Based on this, buying a cultivator nozzle, for example, from Oleo-Mac it is worth knowing that it is not suitable for working with the Husqvarna trimmer, as vainly.
Types of semi.Automatic heads
A semi.Automatic head head, as a rule, consists of a case, inside which several springs and a spool are located. Shpuli, in their execution, are divided into:
Many owners of household trimmers remake single.Sectioned spills for two.Section. To do this, you need to find a solid metal plate, and apply a circuit with a bursal diameter on it. After that, the plate is cut along the contour so that the thickness is located near the cord winding area. As a result, the resulting circle must move freely around its axis. Further on the resulting ring you will need to make a cut and put the spool inside the ring. Both parts must be interconnected using a tape or fast.Drying glue. As a result, the manufacturer gets a spool, a trimmer line in which can be wrapped in two sections.
Why this tool is called differently
The trimmer was originally understood as a hand lawn mower with an electric engine. At the same time, the power of the braid went both from the network and from the battery, which can be installed on the bar or transferred in a special pouches.
The main cutting element is the trimmer line, which creates some restrictions on the type of grass processed: you can only mow plants with a thin and soft stem. The area of the mowing is limited to the length of the cable or the battery capacity. However, recently, braids with gasoline engines began to be called trimmers. They give greater mobility to the worker, which can significantly increase the size of the site.
But electric and gasoline braids were originally varieties of lawn mowers, however, with the advent of the trimmer, these structures are ceased to be in demand and are rarely produced now, and their names have passed to trimmers. Most people are so familiar to this tool.
The main malfunctions of the coil
Electrimmer users and benzocos are often faced with a problem associated with a semi.Automatic mowing head. Coil malfunctions can be as follows:
The trimmer line does not extend automatically
If, with a light blow, the trimmer coil button on the ground does not lengthen, then the reasons for this may be the following.
Option 1. There was a snack, t.E. Squeezing the cord between turns. This problem usually appears if the user wound the trimmer line on the coil unevenly, with the intersection of the turns, or wound it with insufficient tension. In the latter case, when the mowing head is rotated at large revolutions under the influence of centrifugal force, the cord begins to drag on, as a result of which the interitral clamping of the trimmer line is possible. To eliminate the problem, you will have to disassemble the coil on the trimmer and rewind the cord correctly, that is, even turns with good tension.
Option 2. Too short ends protrude from the head. The trimmer line may not exit when hitting the ground, if its ends sticking out of the head, insufficient length (short). In this case, centrifugal force is not enough for the trimmer line stretch. Therefore, it is required to stop the unit (drown out the engine or turn off the electritrimmer from the network) and pull the trimmer line manually, after pressing the button.
Option 3. The trimmer line was soldered inside the mowing head. This leads to the fact that the coil is stopped and does not spin when the button is pressed. Basically, this happens for several reasons: poor quality of the cord, overheating of the coil with prolonged operation of the unit, a trimmer line on solid items.
- In the first case, the cord of third.Party manufacturers can be made of low.Quality and fusible materials that do not withstand the mechanical and temperature load. Therefore, preference should be given to “branded” fishing.
- But, if you nevertheless acquired a trimmer line of unknown quality, and it is often soldered during operation, then you can follow the example of some users who, after refueling the cord, moisten it with either silicone grease (from the spray can), or mineral oil. This procedure greatly reduces the likelihood of soldering a trimmer line among themselves.
- Also, the trimmer line can sleep if during the mowing it hits a solid object (stone, fence, dry branch, etc.D.). As a result of this, it is slightly stretched and draws back into the head with high speed. The cord is heated from friction, and its turns are sticking together. The only thing that can be done to eliminate this malfunction is to open the trimmer coil and rewind the trimmer line.
The cord spontaneously lengthens
There are situations when the Trimmer user notices a very quick trimmer line consumption. At the same time, he never hit the ground with a button to lengthen the trimmer line. The reason that the trimmer line is spontaneously lengthened, cutting off a special knife on the casing of the device, may be the absence of a spring in a mowing head. Often beginner users of mowers, trying to charge the trimmer line into the coil, forget to install the clamping spring in the head, or completely lose it when opening the lid, and in the future, they do not even suspect its existence.
The main malfunctions of the coil
Users of electric trimmers and black cutters often face the problem of semi.Automatic mowing. Coil malfunctions can be as follows:
The trimmer line does not extend automatically
If the trimmer line is not lengthened by the light touch of the trimmer coil button to the ground, the reasons for this may be as follows.
Option 1. There was a bite, t.E. Clamping cord between turns. This problem usually occurs if the user wraps the trimmer line on the coil unevenly with the cross section of the turns or wraps it with insufficient voltage. In the latter case, when the mower rotates at a high speed under the influence of centrifugal force, the cord begins to contract, which leads to a possible twisting of a braid trimmer line. To eliminate the problem, you will have to disassemble the coil in the trimmer and correctly rewind the cord, that is, in equal speeds with good tension.
Option 2. Too short ends stick out of the head. When hitting the ground, the rod may not fall out if its ends protruding from the head are not long (short). In this case, centrifugal force is not enough to stretch the trimmer line. Therefore, it is necessary to stop the unit (turn off the engine or disconnect the electric trimmer from the electric network) and pull the trimmer line manually, first pressing the button.
Option 3. Flacks Spasyann inside a mower. This makes the coil stop and do not rotate when you press the button. This is mainly due to several reasons: the poor quality of the cord, overheating of the coil during continuous operation of the machine and the effect of a mowing trimmer line on hard objects.
- In the first case, the lace of third.Party manufacturers can be made of low.Quality and fusible materials that do not withstand mechanical and thermal loads. Therefore, it is necessary to give preference to “branded” fishing.
- But if you still bought a trimmer line of unknown quality, and it is often soldered during operation, you can follow the example of some users who, after filling the cord into the coil, moisten it or silicone lubricant (from a spray can) or mineral oil). This procedure significantly reduces the likelihood of soldering between the turns of the mowing trimmer line.
- The trimmer line can also be soldered if during the mowing it falls into a solid object (stone, fence, dry branch, etc. D.). As a result, it stretches slightly and stretches to the head at high speed. The cord heats up from friction, and its coils stick together. The only thing you can do to solve this problem is to open a trimmer coil and rewind the trimmer line.
The cord spontaneously lengthens
There are situations when the Trimmer user notices very quick trimmer line consumption. However, he never pressed the button on the ground to lengthen the trimmer line. The reason that the trimmer line involuntarily lengthens, cutting off a special knife on the device case, there may be a lack of spring in a squinting head. Often beginner users of mowers, trying to charge a trimmer line in a coil, forget to install a compression spring in the head or even lose it when opening the lid, and in the future they will not even know about its existence.
Can you make a trimmer coil with your own hands
On sale there are a large number of trimmer heads (not automatic), which have a low price and good quality. But sometimes situations arise, for example, in the country, when the trimmer coil broke, and its repair is impossible, the store is far away, and you need to mow. In this case, you can quickly, literally in a few minutes, make a simple trimmer nozzle to fix the trimmer line from ordinary plywood 10-12 mm thick.
- Take a piece of plywood or textolite and draw a circle with a diameter of about 14 cm on it.
- Cut the disk with a jigsaw or hacksaw for metal.
- Drill a hole in the center of the disk, suitable in diameter to the gear shaft. Do not forget before installing a disk on the shaft, put a puck on it.
- You can fasten small corners along the edges of the disk or make 1-2 holes on the opposite sides. They will serve for refueling fishing lines in them.
- To fix the trimmer line, you can screw several screws into the plywood.
Such a home.Made mowing nozzle is fixed on the shaft With a nut. Twist or unscrew the nut without fixing the shaft will not work. To replace the cord, it will be enough to release the screws, insert a segment of the trimmer line of the required length and press it again.
Also, a mowing nozzle for fixing the trimmer line on it can be made from a metal sheet. How to do this can be understood from the next video.