How To Adjust The Carburetor On A Chainsaw Ural Electron
How to adjust the carburetor on the Ural-2 Electron chainsaw; do-it-yourself tuning and repair Characteristic features of the Ural 2 Electron saw, its advantages over similar models. What to do in case of a breakdown. Chainsaw carburetor adjustment.
How to adjust the device
Before you start working with a new chainsaw, you need to carry out a number of activities, namely:
De-preservation should be done as follows:
- Wipe the grease dry with a cloth dipped in a solution of gasoline from the outer working surfaces of the engine, gearbox and the saw itself;
- Get out the candle and rinse it thoroughly in gasoline, dry it and install it in its place;
- Take a clean cloth and wipe the surface of the ignition wire.
If you have already begun to disassemble your purchase, then you definitely noticed that the gearbox is separate from the engine. So, let’s start assembling our tool:
- First of all, detach the frame parts by turning the screw;
- Install the engine, which must be placed in an upright position on the crankcase cover (flange). Install the gearbox using the flange, and then connect the motor and gearbox with a clamp located on the frame.
How to start about it now let’s talk
- To begin with, it is necessary to activate the switch that starts the ignition by turning it to the working position;
- Before starting the chainsaw, you need to pump some gasoline into the carburetor block;
- Next, pull out the suction;
- With a sharp movement, pull the starter (pull-back type);
- Remember, if you pull the starter slowly, the engine will spin up slowly, and this will increase the likelihood that the candles will be flooded and the engine will not start;
- And with all this, you need to warm up the candle, as this will make it possible to evaporate the excess fuel mixture.
This is clearly seen in:
The indisputable quality and practicality of the Ural Electron chainsaw
This kind of chainsaw was made by the manufacturer in order to greatly facilitate our life in agricultural matters. Undoubtedly, those who have their own land or live, for example, in a rural area know firsthand about the whole gravity of rural life.
Naturally, before our ancestors got along with ordinary saws, with the help of which they prepared firewood for the winter or sawed off unnecessary and infertile branches in the trees.
In fact, it is possible to list for a long time, but the fact remains that it is not only difficult, but also takes quite a long amount of time. Therefore, today the grandfather’s saws have been replaced by powerful and convenient chainsaws, one of the most popular models, which is the Ural 2 electron chainsaw.
No wonder a whole article is devoted to this model, since it is in reality power tool giant. Allow yourself the luxury and buy this model of a chainsaw and you will undoubtedly be happy with your purchase and will never regret the money you have invested. Since with its help you can easily cut wood on a felling (see how to cut a tree with a chainsaw), household and construction work, as well as crosscutting.
Specifications, setup and adjustment
This model has a number of significant advantages, namely: it is very comfortable during operation, equipped with the highest level of power, reliable, and its most important advantage is that it is environmentally friendly both for you and for the surrounding nature.
Thanks to the high handles, with which the model is equipped, you will be less tired, as this feature allows you to significantly reduce fatigue during the operation of the tool. Over, they also contribute to the fact that it is easier to work in areas where snow cover prevails.
Description of the complete model:
- Total weight 11.7 kg (excluding starter);
- Movement is made from the right side to the left;
- Total sawing capacity cm2 / s 100;
- Overall dimensions 880x455x460.
- Cylinder (diameter) 55 mm;
- The total engine power after daily operation is not more than 3.68 kW per 5 liters. From;
- Systematic rotation of the crankshaft at the highest power at least 1 6200;
- Fuel consumption at maximum operating power no more than 632 (465).
But, despite such a positive characteristic of this model, there are also negative aspects of this kind of chainsaw that spoil, to be honest, all previous positive emotions.
We also recommend that you familiarize yourself with the characteristics of the Partner 350 chainsaw.
The second drawback can be considered with full responsibility the air filter, namely the mesh built into it, which has rather large cells. It is this unpleasant feature that becomes the reason that the effective characteristic is significantly reduced, which leads to a proportional increase in gasoline oil 20: 1, and, consequently, in imported models 50: 1.
But, nevertheless, the engine parts are not selected carefully enough, unlike imported models, so if minor debris gets in, it will not cause significant problems, as it will simply burn out.
Just as important the disadvantage is that it is quite difficult and troublesome to maintain this kind of chainsaw. Since it will be very difficult for an ordinary person, that is, not a professional, to understand the instructions, since its dimensions are amazing, well, the truth is a real work of art.
It contains everything about how and what to do in the event of a breakdown, from stretching the bolts and general fasteners, to systematic disassembly and cleaning of the engine. In fact, nothing complicated, just read and follow what was written, but not everything is so simple, since even careful fulfillment of all the prescribed points for repair and maintenance on the tool is simply not a guarantee that the engine will not start to wedge over time, the cord will not break , the editor will not refuse and there will not be an overabundance of fuel output.
But, of course, this model is not only filled with shortcomings, since in its arsenal there is also a significant advantage over its fellows, namely the ability to perform sawing work along the fibers. Of course, the Ural 2 electron chainsaw will last quite a long time, as they say faithfully, but only if it falls into sensible and economic hands.
How to adjust the carburetor on the Ural-2 Chainsaw Electron DIY tuning and repair
We can say that the Ural 2 electron chainsaw is a kind of relative of the well-known and popular Friendship chainsaw, which had the right to exist since 1955, 2008. Its production is carried out by a plant located in the city of Perm and was named in honor of F.E.Dzerzhinsky. Today this manufacturer produced more than 14 million models of Ural chainsaws, It is this feature that today allows us to produce significant industrial volumes in most of the logging industry of our country. And this is not surprising, since the Ural 2 electron chainsaw is not only the most powerful, but also a practical assistant. In the article, we’ll talk about adjusting the carburetor of the Ural chainsaw.
How to tune the carburetor
In fact, the basic and initial setting must be performed directly at the factory where the saw was produced. The starting characteristic data is stored for a period of a certain amount of time after the start of work with a given product.
The carburetor of the Ural chainsaw must be adjusted in order to be able to select the most suitable parameters of the mixture (fuel) for operating the saw in various modes. To do this, you will need different sized wrenches, a data sheet for the saw and a screwdriver.
Undoubtedly, since this tool is quite powerful and practical, the adjustment process has its own certain features that should not be forgotten, namely:
- Read the manual (technical) immediately before use, which will provide you with all the answers to your questions regarding the operation of this power tool. And the important thing is that you must remember the settings that were set by the manufacturer;
- The second thing to remember is that the adjustment should be done exclusively in idle mode. Start the engine and let it run for a bit, but do not rev. After that, you must, by means of a screw (adjusting), bring the engine to such an extent that it itself begins to gradually and smoothly gain speed, but the chain should not mix along the bus itself;
- It is necessary to continue adjusting the chainsaw of the Ural chainsaw carburetor at low speeds, it is best if it is medium.
But remember that it should work without any jerks;
- After the procedure done, you need to check the throttle response of the engine itself. To do this, you need to set the lowest speed and at the same time gradually unscrew the screw. Then sharply press the lever to the very bottom and wake up in this position for about three seconds. But if you notice that the motor is gaining speed too slowly, or even stalls, then you need to unscrew the screw a little more;
- When the saw is working normally, you should practically secure the screw (adjusting) with the lock nut.
Most importantly, do not forget that you need to work with a chainsaw only in overalls. That is, you should have special gloves, specialized shoes and, of course, clothing and durable material that would fully cover your body. The second important nuance is your position during operation.
How the carburetor works on the Ural chainsaw
The design of the carburetor cannot be called complex, which is definitely an advantage of the Ural 2 Electron chainsaws. The main components responsible for the performance of the carburetor include:
- A float chamber made in the form of a reservoir. This element is used to keep the fuel level at an optimal level before mixing with air.
- The channels through which the fuel mixture flows. From the float chamber, the fuel is initially transported to the nozzle, and then enters the sprayer.
- The diffuser, which is a constricted tube. With the help of this element, the speed of air mass flow is increased to obtain a high-quality fuel mixture.
- A special tube that resembles an aerodynamic structure. This is the main element of the carburetor through which air masses pass. This tube is equipped with a special damper that regulates the amount of air supplied.
How to adjust the carburetor on a Ural 2 Electron chainsaw
The Ural 2 Electron chainsaw has long established itself as an excellent workhorse with high performance, ease of repair and adequate cost. Almost the only thing that can happen to this tool in the process of competent operation is the lost carburetor settings.
When the carburetor needs tuning
All new Ural 2 Electron chainsaws supplied by the manufacturer have already passed standard carburetor adjustments at the factory. However, for the correct running-in of the tool, it will be useful to purposefully lower the engine speed, and then make a fine adjustment. This process allows the engine to perform as efficiently as possible.
In addition, after a certain period, the carburetor settings of the Ural chainsaw go astray. But this is natural, since various difficulties may appear during operation. Symptoms indicating the need to adjust the fuel supply and preparation system include:
- Increased consumption of gasoline. This is caused by the oversaturation of the fuel mixture with gasoline.
- Engine stalling or not starting at all. In this case, the reason is excess air and gasoline deficiency.
If everything is in order with the fuel mixture, it means that the carburetor adjustment failure of the Ural chainsaw is caused by mechanical reasons:
- Strong vibration. The protective cap is damaged over time, as a result of which the adjusting screws are arbitrarily displaced.
- Blockage. The use of low-quality fuel, damage to the filter element, the appearance of scale all contribute to the appearance of blockages. Complete disassembly, cleaning of the entire system and re-tuning are essential.
- Piston and cylinder wear. If the problem lies in the worn out piston part of the engine, then adjusting the carburetor will only help for a while.
Calibration of the Ural 2 Electron saw carburetor consists in changing the amount of the fuel mixture and its quality characteristics. In this case, there are two types of adjustment.
Setting the maximum power
Power adjustment on the Ural 2 Electron chainsaw is carried out only after the run-in period has expired (it is 25 hours of operation) and after setting the idle speed.
Incomplete screwing in the screw means more air and less fuel. When the screw is unscrewed, everything happens the other way around, that is, the combustible mixture is enriched. The most preferred position of the screws can be determined exclusively by experiment.
In the process of setting up the Ural carburetor, you must remember the following principles for the correct operation of the chainsaw:
- The engine should always have good cutting performance and moderate smoke.
- The engine should always have excellent throttle response. At the same time, in the process of cutting wood, the chain should not stop, the saw should overheat, and the engine should automatically slow down.
If there was a complete misalignment of the carburetor and the engine stopped starting, it is recommended to perform the following actions:
- Screw No. 1 is completely turned up to the stop, and then turned out one turn, no more.
- Screw # 2 is turned to the limit and then turned out half a turn.
This will allow you to return the adjusting screws to their original position, and then correctly adjust the carburetor of the Ural chainsaw according to the standards described above.
Despite its high reliability, the carburetor of the Ural 2 Electron chainsaw (KMP-100U) may fail. As a rule, such problems are caused by untimely maintenance and neglect of the instrument. For information on how to correctly identify the cause of the malfunction and eliminate it yourself, look at.
What other carburetors were put on the Ural 2t Electron chainsaw
On the Ural 2t Electron chainsaw, carburetors from other two-stroke engines with the following engine parameters were often installed, and are being installed today:
- Power 5.5 HP
- Combustion chamber volume 90.4 cc,
- Piston diameter 55 mm.
Sometimes carburetors were installed from much more powerful engines. For example, from motorcycles Minsk, Voskhod. True, there is a drawback, the supply of the fuel-air mixture significantly increases. It was lowered by adjusting the screws. The engine was running, but the overconsumption of fuel was significant.
Modification of the Ural chainsaw carburetor: we eliminate factory defects
Since the KMP-100 carburetor was the only one produced in the USSR, several million of them were produced. With such a mass and many years of production, the product could not be raw and unfinished. All the shortcomings were taken into account, finalized already at the beginning of production, and the factory, constructive and technological, KMP-100 and KMP-100U had no shortcomings.
The KMP-100U carburetor requires improvement when the engine from the Ural 2t Electron chainsaw is used for another purpose. For example, as a boat motor.
In this case, it is not the carburetor itself that is subject to alteration, but the idle speed control system located on the throttle handle.