How to adjust the carburetor on a Husqvarna 137 chainsaw
Instructions for setting up and adjusting your own hands
Before proceeding to setting up the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw, you need to install it. Before starting work, you need to study the device of the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw.
- Be sure to wear gloves for protection. They are not included in the delivery set, so you need to take care of their purchase in advance. First you need to install the saw comb and secure it with two screws.
- If chains and bars are not installed, they should also be replaced. To do this, you need to remove the cover and the nuts securing it. If there is a shipping pad on the chain, it must be removed.
- Adjust the chain tension with the adjusting screw. It is important that the gripper can enter the hole in the tire. To advance the gripper, turn the adjusting screw counterclockwise. In this way, the correct gripping position can be achieved.
- Next, you need to prepare the chain for installation. For this, its correct position is selected. A sprocket is placed on the chain, which is located behind the clutch drum. The chain is passed between the sprocket teeth.
- The top of the guide bar must be moved into the groove of the guide bar.
Hold the guide bar against the saw body to install the clutch cover.
When the installation is over, you can proceed to setting up the “Husqvarna 137” chainsaw.
- First you need to set the saw switch to the “On” position.
- Then pull out the idle throttle lever until it stops.
- Pull the starter cord with a sharp movement of the hand (but not more than ten times).
If you hear the engine sound before you dash 10, you can proceed to the next step.
Husqvarna 137, 141 Chainsaw Part 1. Carburetor Removal
To start and tune an already warmed-up engine, you need:
- Set the saw switch to the “On” position.
- Aim the Mode Change Knob at the HalfChoke mark.
- With your right hand, you need to pull the cord until the engine starts to work.
- Press the engine starter to return to idle speed.
For the disassembly and assembly process, see
Description and technical characteristics of the saw
Chainsaw model “Husqvarna 137” (included in the list of “best chainsaws”) first went on sale in 2005. It was released at the same time as the Husqvarna 142 chainsaw. It was appreciated by the “amateurs”. This amateur saw model is a great option for working in the country. Most similar models do not start well due to infrequent use.
At the dacha and suburban area, it is not so often necessary to use a chainsaw. Husqvarna’s specialists have developed a new technology that will come to the rescue in case of problematic starting of the saw, thanks to which the Husqvarna 137 starts up, as they say with a half-turn.
A special spring is built into the chainsaw, which turns the crankshaft at the right moment. This makes it possible to start the saw effortlessly in relation to the starter rope.
In addition, the Husqvarna 137 has an improved ignition mechanism that generates a spark. The manufacturer made sure that the “amateur” chainsaw was equipped with a device that is equipped with professional models of saws.
The design of the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw is as close as possible to the design of professional equipment. However, the ergonomic design is appreciated by amateurs too. The model is equipped with an air injection system called “Air Injection”.
- Fuel tank volume. 0.41l.
- Weight without fuel and without tire. 4600 g.
- Bus length. 220-380 mm.
- Vibration on the front handle. 4.9 m / s.kv.
- Vibration on the rear handle. 7.7 m / s.kv.
- Chainsaw power. 2.2 hp.
- Engine volume. 36.3 cubic meters. cm.
Chainsaw Husqvarna 137
The owner of a chainsaw needs to know the basic rules for operating the chain. In our article, you will learn how to sharpen a chain with your own hands. And which sharpening machine to use at the same time.
Choosing the right oil for chainsaw chain lubrication will be easier by reading our other article.
How to adjust the carburetor on a Husqvarna chainsaw (Husqvarna). tuning and adjusting the saw
Before you go shopping for a chainsaw, you need to decide what kind of work it will be intended for. This can be daily work at a sawmill or using a saw to work in the country.
In either case, a chainsaw from the manufacturer “Husqvarna” will be able to cope with the task.
A company called Husqvarna was founded in 1687. Husqvarna (Husqvarna) is the market leader in production and gardening equipment. It is part of a Swedish concern that unites several companies. Manufacturing various types of equipment, ranging from compact sewing machines to impressive ATVs.
Husqvarna offers its customers the most extensive range of specialized machinery and equipment. In recent years, the company has increased the number of patented innovations. Husqvarna stands firm on the watch for progress.
The manufactured products of this brand turn hard work (see how to cut a tree with a chainsaw) into a simple activity that does not harm either humans or the environment.
The Husqvarna 137 chainsaw belongs to the forestry professional category. Along with this model, the manufacturer also produces universal professional chainsaws, blowers and pole saws. All manufactured equipment is distinguished by its compact size and ease of operation. All Husqvarna chainsaws are distinguished by three features. the ability to absorb unnecessary vibrations, an improved air filtration system, high power.
Chainsaw instruction manual
Chainsaw “Husqvarna 137”, like other models of this brand, is equipped with an inertial automatic chain brake. This part was invented by the engineers at Husqvarna. Now most of the manufacturers still produce chainsaws with a contact brake. That is, the brake is applied when interacting with the hand during a kickback. In practice, however, such a contact brake may not work at all. Do not forget to take care of the engine, to find out how to dilute gasoline with chainsaw oil, read this article.
The auto-vibration system of this model works on the principle of “two masses”. The manufacturer does not release other systems.
The Husqvarna 137 is equipped with a high profile professional chain (just like the STIHL chainsaw). This is another difference from low-profile chainsaws. Chainsaws with a high profile chain are forty percent higher. This is especially striking with large volumes of work. In addition, these chainsaws remain highly efficient even when working with contaminated wood.
One of the most common mistakes when starting Husqvarna 137 is closing the air damper without turning on the ignition.
It turns out that the fuel mixture enters the cylinder. And there is no spark, no ignition occurs. After that, you will have to unscrew the candle, wipe it and screw it back in. Therefore, it is worth remembering that all Husqvarna chainsaws have a combined damper, and the ignition in them will turn on automatically at the moment when the choke lever is pulled out. There should be no errors.
Husqvarna Safety Guidelines
Since the Husqvarna 137 is a high speed cutting tool, certain safety guidelines must be followed.
To avoid an accident, read this manual carefully.
The spark plug wire must be disconnected during transportation, cleaning. It is important to ensure that it does not come into contact with the spark plug in order to avoid suddenly starting the circuit.
Therefore, never try to turn the saw when removing from the bottom saw, and also do not try to cut several logs at the same time.
“Husqvarna 137” is an irreplaceable assistant on a country site or a summer cottage. It is distinguished by its modern design, high power, compact dimensions and low fuel consumption. This is perhaps one of the best amateur-grade chainsaws. With proper operation and compliance with all safety rules, it will serve its owner faithfully for more than a dozen years. Read about possible malfunctions of the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw in our other article.
How the carburetor works on a Husqvarna 137 chainsaw?
On chainsaws of these models, the Walbro carburetor is most often installed from the factory. Before adjusting the Walbro carburetor on a Husqvarna chainsaw, you need to have a minimum understanding of its structure and know how it works.
Fuel mixture preparation
When operating a chainsaw, a fuel mixture of gasoline and oil in a ratio of 15: 1 by volume should be used, that is, 1 liter of oil should be added to 15 liters of gasoline and the mixture should be thoroughly mixed. The amount of gasoline and oil in the fuel mixture is shown in this table:
ATTENTION! Application of oils: Lukony-2T; TNK-2T OIL: AZMOL Sport 2T GD ”and others, and used oil in the fuel mixture will lead to failure of the needle bearing of the connecting rod.
What is the factory setting of a Husqvarna chainsaw carburetor?
In order for the saw to start anyway, even if the setting is incorrect, the factory settings of screws H and L are applied. Most Husqvarna chainsaws can be started by unscrewing both screws exactly one and a half turns. Only then can the position of the screws be changed in order to achieve the desired fuel consumption and maximum efficiency. It is regulated by XX also after these manipulations.
If you still have questions about adjusting the carburetor on the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw and other models of this line, I recommend watching this
How to adjust the carburetor on a Husqvarna 137 chainsaw
The chainsaw is a great helper for any man living in his home. The chainsaw device is a complex system that requires careful maintenance and requires increased attention. Today you will learn how to adjust the carburetor of a Husqvarna 137 chainsaw with your own hands in the garage.?
When carburetor adjustment is necessary?
The reasons why it will be necessary to adjust this unit can be listed for a very long time.
Among the main malfunctions are the following:
- Increase in idle speed;
- The appearance of a large amount of smoke during operation;
- Deterioration of starting properties;
- Insufficient tool power when cutting.
This is not a complete list of all known faults. Sometimes a procedure such as adjusting the carburetor on a Husqvarna chainsaw may need to be done after a major overhaul of the power plant or after maintenance.
The developers of the Husqvarna 137 write in the passport that the carburetor adjustment must be carried out before and after running in the tool.
Adjusting the carburetor of a Husqvarna chainsaw
Like all other saws, Husqvarna has the same carburetor adjustment algorithm. Therefore, the instructions will be relevant for other tools and models of chainsaws such as Husqvarna 142.236.
Before starting work, make sure that the air filter is clean and that all other components are working properly. The fuel supply to the float chamber must work without interruptions, and the ignition system is set up correctly and has a fresh spark plug.
- Set the carburetor to factory settings. This must be done with the engine stopped.
- Now you can start the engine and be sure to warm it up for a few minutes. Adjustment of the XX carburetor of the Husqvarna 137 is carried out only on a warm engine.
- Turning screw L clockwise, you need to set the highest crankshaft speed, then turn back a quarter of a turn. Adjust the speed of the crankshaft with the screw T so that the chain does not rotate. It should not be set in motion without pressing the accelerator.
- Now you need to set the maximum speed and their power. It is enough to connect the tachometer to the ignition system and set the maximum possible speed using the accelerator. Compare them with your passport data. If they differ, then unscrew or tighten the screw H. By changing the range, you can create restrictions to make the saw work efficient and save the motor resource.
How to repair a Husqvarna carburetor with your own hands?
During operation and diagnostics, defects in the carburetor may be found. Most of them can be eliminated on their own with a minimum of knowledge and without contacting a specialized repair center.
How To Adjust / Tune a Chainsaw Carburetor | Husqvarna Stihl BEST Way
Among the methods of elimination are:
- Replacement of various gaskets at the joints of sealed parts;
- Cleaning or replacing the filter elements of the carburetor;
- Replacement of pump elements or valves;
Almost all of the above parts can be positioned as a repair kit, which is used for minor repairs of carburetors. After installing them, the carburetor of the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw can forget about malfunctions for a long time, and the regulation will become easier.
Chainsaw carburetor Husqvarna 137: adjustment
Among the dozens of models of chainsaws, one of the most interesting in its class is worth noting. the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw. Its low power and simple characteristics make the model an amateur class, not intended for professional use or frequent work. With a weight of 4, 6 kg, the device produces a power of 1.6 kW, therefore it is used in a private area for simple purposes. cutting knots, branches, preparing firewood, etc.
But in order to keep the chainsaw in good condition, even if it is branded and has low power, you need to service it on time. It is important to monitor indicators such as carburetor performance and chain condition. The carburetor of the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw assumes timely tuning and adjustment of the main indicators. In principle, the procedure is carried out according to standard rules, but the design of the device assumes certain nuances.
Chainsaw adjustment Husqvarna (Husqvarna) 137
To begin with, a Walbro carburetor model WT-660 is installed on the chainsaw. This is a popular model, well-tuned for a variety of settings. Accordingly, three screws are installed in it:
- Screw T. is responsible for idling;
- Screw H. allows you to adjust high rpm;
- Screw L. adjusts low rates.
The process is carried out in the following stages:
- We preheat the chainsaw, letting it idle normally, showing the optimal number of revolutions.
- First of all, we adjust the L screw (high rpm), looking for the highest value. After that, unscrew the screw a quarter of a turn.
- Stage two. we achieve stable operation of the circuit. If, during the above action, the chain continues to rotate, we find the screw T and try to adjust it so that the chain does not spin, working stably at idle.
- As soon as the engine is well warmed up, unscrew the H screw by ¼. After a couple of seconds of operation, the motor should run stably.
- If there is a squeal in the engine. the mixture is too lean, you will have to unscrew the screw H, if a lot of smoke is formed. an enriched mixture is obtained, we tighten the screw a little.
- The final stage is the idle setting. When the engine is running, turn the screw T to the right. It is necessary to achieve such a state in which the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw will work, and the chain will not rotate without gas.
We also advise you to look at the article on how to adjust the carburetor on a STIHL chainsaw, using the example of the STIHL MS 250 model: adjusting the carburetor.
Now you know how to adjust your Husqvarna 137 chainsaw. Please note that each time you adjust the propeller, you need to test the resulting operating mode. In some cases, it is possible to achieve correct operation and a good set of revolutions by slightly deviating from the above instructions.