How to adjust the carburetor on the tiller cascade
How to adjust the tiller carburetor with your own hands: device diagram, K-45, video
The tiller carburetor must be adjusted periodically in order for the mechanism to work properly. The carburetor may be a possible cause of a fluctuation in the operation of the tiller engine. For this, the device is disassembled, cleaned and adjusted (tuned). Regardless of the brand of carburetor and the device on which it is installed, the principle of regulation is the same for everyone. The difference can only be in the number of revolutions.
The device and adjustment of the carburetor K-45
Tiller Neva of the MB-1 and MB-2 models is equipped with a DM-1K engine with a K-45 carburetor. There are also modifications of the model, such as K-45R, K-45U, K-45M.
For the correct configuration, we will briefly consider its device.
Carburetor. an engine unit that pours fuel, mixing it with air, and regulates its flow into the cylinders.
Consider the K-45 scheme. Here, the throttle lever 11 is located at the bottom of the damper, which regulates the amount of the mixture of gasoline and air. The regulator rod is attached to it. In the upper part of the throttle valve there is a stop screw 5. The main throttle lever 14 controls its position. In the closed position, it is held by a spring, and when the internal combustion engine is started, it opens to a certain angle. The degree of the angle is calculated so that there is no excessive enrichment in the fuel mixture of a cold tiller engine.
Adjustment of the K-45 allows the entire power system and the engine itself to work without interruption:
- prepare the carburetor for tuning and warm up the tiller motor;
- reduce the speed of rotation of the engine with screw 5;
- using screw 8 it is necessary to set the maximum idle speed of the engine;
- and finally change the rotation speed by turning the screw in the opposite direction 0.25 turns.
Replacing with another carburetor
In order for the tiller’s carburetor to work properly and without interruptions, it is necessary to constantly monitor the condition of the filters, adjust for the correct supply of fuel and air, and also use gasoline with an octane rating of at least 92. In case the breakdown of the K-45 could not be avoided :
- purchase an original node;
- dismantle the faulty mechanism, starting from the engine head;
- drain the remaining fuel from the faulty carburetor;
- clean the connection and replace the assembly.
Or contact the service for a replacement. If you want to put a different brand of carburetor on the unit, buy the necessary adapter.
How the tiller carburetor is adjusted
What to look for during a motor failure? If a carburetor malfunction occurs, the first step is to check the fullness of the fuel tank and the oil level. If there is enough fuel and oil, then proceed to inspect the spark plug. To do this, unscrew it and check the spark with the ignition. Next, the flow of gasoline to the carburetor is tested. For this purpose, remove the hose from the fitting and monitor the flow of fuel. If no fuel appears, then most likely the filter mesh will need to be cleaned. For this, the fuel cock is unscrewed and all parts are rinsed with gasoline. The same is done with the carburetor jet.
Carburetor cleaning is done as follows. To clean the device, you must first remove it. To easily remove the carburetor, you need to carefully inspect the body of the device and unscrew all the parts on which it rests.
So, remove the carburetor and pour gasoline out of it. We carefully separate all parts of the device (jet, float) for further purging and cleaning. This manipulation is performed with a special cleaner.
If it is heavily soiled, you can use a compressor.
After cleaning, we thoroughly dry all the parts and feel free to start assembling. After assembly, adjust the carburetor for the tiller.
We install the cleaned device using a standard gasket and fasten it with nuts. Don’t forget about the air filter, speed regulator and gasoline hose.
Tuning the tiller carburetor consists in adjusting it. In order to independently adjust the carburetor, you need to do the following steps:
- Screws at low and full throttle must be tightened all the way.
- Unscrew the low and full throttle screws one and a half turns (set the throttle valve in such a position that a gap of the appropriate size is formed between the base and the air duct).
- Start the engine and wait until it warms up.
- With the engine running, set the control lever to minimum speed.
- Achieve smooth engine operation. To do this, you need to make the minimum idle speed using the throttle screw.
- Set idle speed to maximum with idle screw.
- Set idle speed to minimum with throttle screw.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until the engine starts to run continuously.
- Set the engine control lever to gas.
- If an interruption occurs, unscrew the screw that regulates the quality of the mixture, no more than 2.5 turns.
I would like to note that the adjustment of the carburetor on the Neva Tiller is done clearly according to the above instructions. The K-45 device installed on the Neva tiller is single-chamber and horizontal. The float chamber is located in the central part. Throttle body. flat.
The Neva Tiller uses the DM-1K engine, which is produced at the Krasny Oktyabr Neva plant. The manufacturer categorically does not use Chinese-made engines. This also applies to the production of a motor-cultivator.
Repair of K-45: basic recommendations, video
In order to repair the carburetor with your own hands, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the video of the repair of the tiller “Neva” MB-2.
Consider the main malfunctions of the K-45:
- If an excessive amount of air enters the internal combustion engine chamber. Try replacing the gasket between the head and the carburetor and tightening the fastening nuts on the joint tighter. If this does not help, the cause may be wear on the shaft on the damper or the hole where it is connected. Such a shaft must be replaced, and in the case of broken holes, the entire device is replaced.
- When too much fuel enters the float chamber. In this case, check and replace worn parts: float, jets, needle.
- If the carburetor is low on gas, check the filter and sump, fuel hoses, and gas tank. Contaminated elements must be rinsed or replaced, and if the inside of the tank is rusted, you will have to clean it with caustic soda.
- If there is an increase in fuel consumption, adjust the carburetor by referring to the operating instructions.
Carburetor operating instructions
Gasoline supplied to this device must not contain mechanical impurities.
All parts are processed exclusively with gasoline. Do not use a solvent, as the elasticity of the washer and rubber parts is damaged.
Use compressed air to dry the parts. Cleaning small holes with a wire or needle is not recommended. Installation after repair or cleaning must be carried out evenly so that there are no bends and deformation of parts.
The float chamber must be tightly connected to the body. Check the air filter connection before use. There should be no gasoline leaks.
Prepare the carburetor before starting the engine. To do this, you need to make sure that no gasoline leaks from it. To do this, simply open the fuel cock. Close the air damper and turn the control lever until it stops. Open the throttle valve 1/8. 1/4 of the maximum stroke.
At low air temperature (below 5 ° C), squeeze the drowner until fuel appears from the hole.
During starting, slightly open the choke, and after warming up the engine, open it completely.
Features of adjustment for different brands
As noted earlier, the tiller carburetor is configured in the same way, regardless of the brand: Neva, Cascade, Agros (or Argo, as it has been called since 2012), Lifan and others.
If, after carrying out all the manipulations described above, the carburetor continues to work incorrectly, it will need to be removed and inspected. The assembly may need repair, cleaning or flushing of parts.
After adjustment, be sure to check the spark plugs for contamination: clean them from carbon deposits or replace them if they are faulty, adjust SZ.
Tiller carburetor: adjustment, repair, maintenance
The carburetor is the element of the tiller that is necessary to control the flow of air and fuel.
Thus, the optimization of the motor operation is carried out at a stable load. Like any mechanism, the carburetor needs proper care.
Types and methods of carburetor adjustment
As you know, the tiller, like many other units of this type, is powered by an engine. Due to the fact that the engine cannot ignite without supplying oxygen, it becomes necessary to use a carburetor. Two types of carburetors are used for the tiller. One of them is rotary, the other is plunger. Naturally, each of the mentioned types has its own advantages and disadvantages, the choice depends on the tiller, his performance and the type of work performed.
There are times when there are abnormalities in the operation of the carburetor (the process is unstable). In such a situation, the carburetor needs adjustment. How do I adjust the carburetor on the tiller? It is quite possible to do it yourself, following a certain sequence of actions.
- First, you need to turn the screws (full and low throttle) until they stop. Then turn them one and a half turn.
- Turn on the engine, give it time to start and warm up.
- Do not shut off the engine and put the motor control lever in the lowest speed mode.
- Next, set the minimum number of revolutions when the device is running stably.
- Then run idle to maximum.
- Shift idle to minimum. Repeat this step, alternating with the previous one, until the engine runs smoothly.
- Move the control lever to the “throttle” position.
Following this instruction, you can independently adjust the tiller carburetor.
Carburetor care, replacement and repair
Sometimes, in order to bring the carburetor for a tiller into a stable, working condition, there is not enough adjustment, repair or replacement is necessary.
It so happens that the carburetor choke does not close completely. To eliminate this problem, you should check the operation of the drive. If jamming is found, remove it. over, given that the carburetor provides fuel and, therefore, drives the tiller itself, you should carefully monitor the condition of this part and properly care for it.
To avoid serious damage to the carburetor, you must constantly monitor its operation. In addition to adjusting the idle speed, you need to regularly clean the carburetor and replace worn parts. Since the carburetor interacts with the fuel mixture and air, the cause of its contamination can be either in the first or in the second source.
Tiller carburetor: device and adjustment
The carburetor for the tiller acts as a unit of the power supply system. Its task is to optimize the fuel to obtain the desired composition.
The carburetor requires constant load monitoring. For its proper operation, regular checks and proper operation are required. Much depends on the equipment of the unit and the quality of the fuel used.
Features of the tiller carburetor device
Tiller is a powerful mini power unit with additional equipment to perform various functions. It is often based on a gasoline engine, less often a diesel or electric one. A carburetor is used to ignite the fuel.
There are two main types of carburetors:
- Rotary. Differs in simplicity of structure, often found in engines of small sizes (12-15 cubic inches);
- Plunger. Multi-piece design is relevant for high power tillers.
Carburetion is performed using the following parts: piston, fuel tank, Venuri tube, fitting (acts as a connector), high and low speed needles.
The piston moves upward, creating a vacuum. The carburetor begins to absorb air that travels through the venturi. The created vacuum allows fuel to flow from the tank to the engine through the connecting fitting. The fuel then flows around the main needle and through the inlet into the venturi.
While pressing the throttle lever, the low speed needle opens access to gasoline, after which the fuel flow is controlled only by the main needle.
The demanded agricultural machinery “Neva”, “Agro”, “Ugra”, “Oka” is in demand due to its configuration. When it comes to the carburetor of the Tiller “Neva” K-45, it is a reliable device, distinguished by its quality and durability. KMB-5 is an older model of the carburetor in the Neva units. Before buying, it is worth clarifying this nuance in order to acquire a truly professional assistant. Powerful motors on MTZ (Belarus-09-N) and Neva MB-2 tillers are supported by reliable carburetors that can withstand heavy loads. On the “Kadvi” MB-1, “Cascade” technique and the “Pchelka” motor-cultivator, lightweight models of carburetors to optimize the functionality of the engine.
Tiller carburetor adjustment
A situation may arise in which the engine is unstable. In this case, it is necessary to adjust the carburetor on the tiller.
It is worth setting up in early spring (after a long downtime of the unit) or in late autumn (after heavy loads).
It is better to carry out all repair work in a free and well-lit space. To set up a carburetor with your own hands, it will take a minimum of time and effort. Procedure:
- the motor warms up for five minutes;
- the screws for the minimum and maximum gas are screwed in until they stop;
- adjust the screws by a maximum of 1.5 turns;
- set the gear lever to the minimum stroke;
- using the throttle control screw, achieve minimum rpm when the engine runs “without dips”;
- using the idle screw, adjust the idle speed to maximum until the engine runs continuously;
- the engine must be running during all operations. Only at the end it needs to be muted and turned on again for control.
If you check your actions with the instructions, you can avoid mistakes in the repair. After adjustment, the engine should run silently and without interruption.
Other malfunctions may occur. If the fuel does not enter the cylinder, you need to first check its amount in the gas tank. The next step is to check the flow of fuel to the carburetor. It is worth removing the hose from the inlet fitting. In most cases, cleaning the tiller carburetor will be required. the blockages are removed from the filter of the mechanical cleaner.
Tiller owners should familiarize themselves in detail with the specifics of the carburetor operation, as well as ways to eliminate breakdowns. The proposed video will help to deal with the problem that has arisen.
To set up a standard fuel unit in the design of models of this brand, you need:
- Fully screw in the screws initially responsible for adjusting the engine operation in idle and full throttle. Immediately after that, each of the screws must be unscrewed 1.5 turns;
- Start the power unit and wait 10 minutes for it to fully warm up;
- Adjust the continuous operation of the built-in engine of the existing tiller directly at the minimum permissible idle speed. The operator must begin to turn the self-adjusting screw of the standard throttle position alternately in different directions directly until the operation of the internal combustion engine is as quiet and stable as possible;
- Adjust the amount of fuel and intake air that are supplied to the carburetor float chamber and engine cylinder. Tightening the screw gradually will enrich the fuel with intake air in the factory metal float chamber. Twisting it slowly, on the other hand, will increase the amount of air that is fed directly into the cylinder. details about setting up the carburetor Tiller Agro will tell you the video.
Tiller carburetor device
Knowledge of exactly how the carburetor works for a tiller. will help to independently eliminate any of its malfunctions, as well as to clean and timely adjust the standard fuel unit.
Structurally, the mechanism consists of:
- a float that is connected to a built-in needle locking steel valve;
- float metal chamber with chrome-plated internal cavities;
- an additional chamber required for mixing fuel with air;
- a fuel distribution structure equipped with a diffuser;
- adjustable throttle valve;
- fuel and standard air pipes made of technical rubber.
Depending on the manufacturer and purpose of the tillers, their carburetors can be equipped with additional elements. But regardless of this, fuel holsters work on the same principle.
One of the most important elements of the mechanism is the float, the main function of which is initially to adjust the amount of fuel required for the tiller to work properly. The fuel itself is in the float chamber, and as soon as its volume decreases, the float opens the built-in needle valve. Through it, the missing volume of the refueled fuel enters the chamber, after which the float rises and slowly closes the valve.
The carburetor on the tiller is equipped with an outlet channel, which is located in the float chamber. For normal operation of the fuel unit, the amount of fuel in the standard float chamber must be continuously kept at a level that is several millimeters below the location of the outlet channel.
The atomizer initially plays the role of a kind of fuel distributor, which falls from a chrome float into a steel mixing chamber. The latter is needed directly to enrich the fuel with air. Pre-cleaned air flows into it through the built-in inlet pipe.
Tillery brand Cascade
The complete set of most of the branded models produced by the Cascade brand includes carburetors of the KMB-5 brand.
To configure this fuel assembly, you must:
- Drain the remaining fuel from the factory float chamber;
- Open the union and let the air into the fuel unit;
- Adjust the position of the throttle flap in such a way that a neat 2 mm gap gradually forms between it and the air duct located under the flap;
- Tighten the bolts responsible for adjusting the fuel supply;
- Start slowly turning the screws one by one until the speed of the power unit decreases;
- Screw the screws back in slowly one by one.
As a result, the user will achieve the elimination of failures during engine operation and reduce the consumption of fuel consumed by him.
The rated power and stable operation of a gasoline factory engine largely depend on the initial quality of the fuel filled into the tiller, namely, on the ratio of fuel and air in the internal combustion engine cylinder. The carburetor of the agricultural machine is responsible for enriching the fuel with intake air in the required proportion. Its good continuous operation guarantees high torque of the factory engine, its durability and low emission of exhaust gases.
It is necessary to adjust the carburetor of the Belarus brand tiller in the case when its engine does not pick up or does not maintain the required speed. It is necessary to adjust the fuel unit before the start of the season.
The procedure should be as follows:
- First, you will need to completely screw in the bolts that regulate the flow of low and full throttle. Immediately after this, the metal screws must be unscrewed 1.5 turns;
- Next, the power unit adjustment lever will need to be moved to the minimum nominal position. It is important to make sure that the motor does not stall;
- At the end, it remains to set the adjusting screw to the factory position, in which a sufficient amount of air will enter the fuel unit.
The standard idle adjustment screw is initially required by the operator to adjust and set the maximum generated engine speed while the engine is idling. Manipulation of this bolt allows the operator to set the built-in throttle valve directly to the position in which the gasoline power unit will operate as steadily as possible, consuming the amount of fuel specified by the manufacturer.
The need to urgently adjust the built-in carburetor of the Pchelka branded tiller will be prompted by problems with starting its engine, as well as a significant increase in the volume of fuel consumed by it. Before starting to adjust the fuel unit, you need to remove and clean the air filter of the agricultural unit, inspect and, if necessary, blow out the fuel supply channels, and also clean the spark plug.
When carrying out your own tuning of the carburetor of an existing tiller, you need to:
- Screw in the screws for self-adjusting the low flow and adjusting the generated full gas to the very end
- Set the standard gearshift lever to the minimum permissible position;
- Set the minimum generated speed of a standard working engine, at which it will function stably and without any extraneous sounds;
- Adjust the generated maximum permissible operating speed of the built-in internal combustion engine in idle mode using the built-in idle adjustment screw. As a result, the power unit of the existing tiller should start working as stably as possible;
- Switch off the engine and start it again to check the tuning results.
After the actions taken, the motor of the agricultural unit must demonstrate stable operation in any of the modes. If this does not happen, then you will need to inspect the carburetor and, if necessary, replace its faulty parts.
How to adjust the carburetor on the tiller?
In the technique of different manufacturers, the adjustment of the tiller carburetor is carried out in different ways. Below we will consider how to correctly and accurately configure the fuel nodes in agricultural units of different brands.
Tilleri Neva MB-1 and Neva MB-2
Most often, K-45 carburetors or their modifications are provided in the factory design of the MB-1 and MB-2 models of the Neva brand. The order of their setting will be the same.
For factory fuel units of the K-45R type, the adjustment should be performed as follows:
- First, you need to screw in the factory screws to the end, intended for self-adjusting the intensity of the maximum and minimum gas supply;
- Next, you need to unscrew each of these steel screws in turn;
- Next, the operator will need to start and completely warm up the power unit of the used tiller;
- After that, it will be necessary to correct the operation of a completely serviceable engine at the lowest possible idle speed;
- Repeat the previous 2 steps if necessary. This must be done until the action of the power unit at the lowest possible idle speed becomes as stable as possible;
- If, after several repetitions, the result is not achieved, then the screw for adjusting and setting full throttle will need to be unscrewed and screwed back. This procedure will need to be repeated until the motor resumes its work.
If numerous manipulations with the adjustment and full throttle screw did not bring the desired result, then you will need to remove and inspect the carburetor. If necessary, it must be repaired or thoroughly cleaned.
Cleaning the carburetor
When fuel does not flow to the carburetor in sufficient quantity, it is necessary to carry out cleaning during the tuning process.
The “Cascade” tiller device assumes the removal of the hose from the inlet fitting. For the K45 carburetor, it is enough to press on the seal so that the gasoline begins to pass through the hole.
It is also necessary to process the coarse filter. For this, the fuel supply valve is unscrewed and completely disassembled. All parts are processed with gasoline. After that, all the elements are collected.
HOW-TO Adjust A Carburetor Float
If fuel from the carburetor does not enter the cylinders, the fuel valve will have to be revised. The reason for this phenomenon can also be the presence of contamination on the jets.
This technique has a mechanical clutch, according to the Tiller “Cascade” device, which occurs when the V-belt is tensioned.
After that, the torque is transferred to a two-stage chain reducer. It provides 4 speeds of such a unit as the tiller “Cascade”. Specifications indicate that two speeds are carried out when moving forward and two when moving back.
In the reinforced gearbox, the output shaft is supported, which makes it possible to express the reinforcement.
With the average dimensions of the “Cascade” tiller, the reducer ensures its stability even when using additional nozzles.
In heavy equipment models, a wheel lock is provided. If the cascade tiller is large enough, this function will make it easier to operate. Making turns is easy.
The steering racks allow height adjustment. All control systems are located on the steering wheel, except for the gear lever.
According to the manufacturer’s instructions, the “Cascade” tiller is a multifunctional device. With its help, they perform various tasks in the process of processing soil in areas of various areas.
tiller “Cascade” has been produced since 2006. The manufacturer is constantly improving the design.
tiller “Cascade”, the technical characteristics of which meet all modern requirements, is used for plots of 6-40 hectare.
With the help of the presented unit, you can dig up large plots of land, huddle them, loosen the soil, and also transport goods and containers with liquid.
The weight of the manufactured models ranges from 50 to 100 kg, depending on the type of work performed by the unit.
“Cascade”. the tiller, the instruction of which regulates the device and the use of this technique, provides for the operation of the equipment when it is equipped with an engine with a capacity of 5 to 8 liters. from.
The essence of the adjustment
The engine speed is regulated by the idling screw. This will correct the maximum RPM. The same principle applies when setting their minimum value. This is done by changing the closing angle of the “Cascade” tiller valve.
The gear lever is set to throttle, allowing the ideal engine stroke to be adjusted. The maximum allowable number of screw turns does not exceed 2.5.
The correct setting can be easily verified by looking at the appearance of the spark plug. After working in load mode for a short period of time, there should be no carbon deposits or traces of fuel on the parts.
However, such undesirable effects do not depend solely on the carburetor mixture setting. A faulty ignition or cooling system can cause similar symptoms to spark plugs.
Ensuring the efficiency and safety of operation will allow regular maintenance of equipment.
Such work involves, if necessary, change the oil, check the engine, adjust the control, update the oil seal of the cascade tiller gearbox, etc.
How to adjust Briggs & Stratton Updraft Carburetors, 8HP as Example
If the unit is new, it must be run in a gentle mode in order to allow all the components to get used to each other. This will avoid rapid wear of engine components, other moving parts, as well as elements of the cascade tiller gearbox, its oil seal and other elements.
When starting the equipment for the first time, it is necessary to fill the engine crankcase with oil. The mixture used in the “Cascade” tiller must have a certain viscosity according to the SAE and API classification.
The lubricant must be designed for four-stroke gasoline engines. What kind of oil should be used in the “Cascade” tiller, SunGarden responds and recommends grades ST, SG, SH, SJ, SL, SM.
The first replacement should be done after 2-5 hours of unit operation.
Carburetor type KMB-5
To adjust the KMB-5 carburetor of the “Cascade” tiller, there is a certain tuning technology.
Initially, gasoline is removed from the float cavity. An air mixture is supplied through the fuel supply connection.
Adjusting the KMB-5 carburetor of the “Cascade” tiller will require setting it to the operating position. When air is supplied, its movement must be unimpeded. When the part is turned over, blowing stops completely.
In the case when such actions occur without deviations, the work of the carburetor is considered adjusted.
According to the technical characteristics of the cascade tiller, they use domestic-made DM68 engines with a capacity of 6 liters. from.
Sometimes engines of foreign companies are used in the structure of the unit. This GS200 is from the Japanese brand HONDA and I / C from the American manufacturer BRIGGSSTRATTON. Their capacity is usually 6.5 liters. from.
tiller “Cascade”, the carburetor adjustment of which depends on the type of engine, has the appropriate manufacturer’s recommendations for its maintenance.
Japanese motors are durable and capable of operating without stopping for a long time. American equipment is environmentally friendly, easy to start even at low temperatures. It is used in models that allow, in addition to basic functions, to remove snow in winter.
Engines with a carburetor in the presented technique use gasoline as fuel and are four-stroke.
The carburetor can be both domestic and imported.
tiller “Cascade”: carburetor adjustment. Device and technical characteristics of the tiller “Cascade
Nowadays, a wide variety of units are used for soil processing. The equipment of a domestic manufacturer, which is called the cascade tiller, performs many tasks quite well. Adjusting the carburetor of this technique will ensure the stability of its engine speed and help prepare the unit for the new season. How to work correctly with the “Cascade” tiller, you should consider in more detail.
Correct setting and adjustment of the tiller carburetor
The rated power of an internal combustion engine (ICE) is achieved with an optimal fuel mixture. The tiller’s carburetor is responsible for the quality of the latter. a dosing device (DU), which mixes gasoline with air entering the cylinder. The amount of torque on the output shaft of the motor and the amount of exhaust gases depend on the adjustment. A step-by-step guide and a description of the principle of its operation will help to correctly adjust and configure the fuel unit.
During the operation of gasoline agricultural machinery, it is periodically necessary to adjust all of its components. It is necessary to adjust or clean the carburetor in the chiller when the engine starts to malfunction or is unstable. In the equipment of different manufacturers, the remote control is adjusted individually. The sequence of the procedure, as well as methods of adjustment, depend on the model of the dispensing mechanism.
Minsk Tractor Works produces several models for work in difficult conditions. However, all of them are based on the experience of production and operation of the very first design, accepted for manufacture in 1978. “MTZ-05”. The line of heavy equipment is represented by a lineup based on MTZ-09. Remote control adjustment:
- Warm up the engine to operating temperature.
- Screw in the low and maximum throttle screws completely. Then weaken them by 1.5-2 turns, rotating in the opposite direction.
- Transfer the accelerator lever to XX mode.
- Regulate the idle speed of the engine with the idle screw.
- The maximum crankshaft speed is set by the maximum power regulator.
- After obtaining a satisfactory result, tighten all screws.
Setting up the power system
The carburetor for the tiller is a mechanism, the accuracy of the adjustment of which determines the performance of the technique. “Floating” rpm, torque dips, starting difficulties are signs that the remote control needs to be adjusted. If the device has low idle speed, and it periodically stalls, it is necessary to slightly increase the crankshaft speed. To do this, turn the adjusting screw clockwise under the throttle actuator. If it is necessary to reduce the speed, the regulator, on the contrary, is unscrewed.
The carburetor is one of the most important parts of a lawn mower, the function of which is to prepare fuel.
fine tuning of the remote control implies its complete disassembly and the establishment of the required level of flammable liquid in the float chamber. At the same time, the revision of the moving mechanisms is carried out, the internal surfaces are cleaned from oily deposits. The gasoline level is controlled by the position of the float in the primary chamber. If during operation there is dark smoke from the exhaust pipe, and there are traces of unburned fuel on the spark plugs, these are signs that the fluid level is too high. By bending the spring mechanism of the needle valve, set the correct position of the float.
Low-power agricultural machinery is produced by the Perm Motors OJSC concern, which produces transmissions and gearboxes for helicopters. The high requirements for aircraft production contribute to the high-quality assembly of the “Cascade” vehicles. The adjustment stroke of the carburetors on the tiller depends on the model of the power unit installed on it. The first representatives of the “Cascade” series were equipped with DM68 engines, which were produced by the Kaluga Machine-Building Plant. In the future, domestic motors began to be replaced by Chinese (“Lifan”) or Japanese (“Honda”) counterparts.
Tillers of the “Cascade” brand are mainly equipped with engines with a remote control of the KMB-5 brand. Regulation stroke:
- Shut off the fuel supply from the gas tank.
- Fold back the pipe from the air filter to access the throttle valve.
- The adjusting screw sets the gap between the wall of the fuel channel and the valve of about 2 mm.
- Collect everything in reverse order.
- The engine is started, the idle speed is adjusted with the tuning screw. The speed must be stable, but as low as possible.
Power system design
One of the components of the internal combustion engine is the fuel system. It is necessary for the uninterrupted supply of the engine with fuel. The system consists of a gas tank, fuel line, filters and carburetor. The latter doses gasoline to maintain a given crankshaft speed, depending on the tiller’s operating modes. A gas tank is needed to store a supply of fuel in it. Fuel lines connect all components to each other, and filters clean the fuel from impurities.
The most complex and critical part in an internal combustion engine is the dosing unit. The carburetor device mounted on the chiller allows the user to adjust the quality of the fuel mixture entering the engine. In general, the control system consists of the following:
- Float chamber. It contains the parts responsible for the preparation of the fuel mixture. Gasoline accumulates in the receiving glass, which acts on the float. The latter, upon reaching a predetermined fuel level, by pressing the shut-off needle, cuts off the fuel supply.
- Mixing chamber. In it, the air entering the engine is saturated with fine gasoline dust. The latter is formed due to the rarefied atmosphere in the mixing chamber. The reduced pressure draws fuel from the float chamber, which, passing through the metering nozzle, is atomized in the air stream.
- Throttle body. This unit regulates the crankshaft speed. The damper closes the passageway through which air enters the cylinder. The larger the section, the faster the ICE output shaft will rotate. The position of the damper is adjusted by means of a steel cable attached to the tiller handle.
- Idle speed regulator. Typically this is a metal or plastic screw that supports the throttle actuator. Screwing in the governor increases engine idle speed.
In order for agricultural machinery to work properly, it needs to be periodically audited. Maintenance of the fuel unit is reduced to cleaning the carburetor of the tiller, checking the contamination of the air filter and elements for fine cleaning of gasoline. Considering that the remote control provides fuel supply, and, therefore, drives the cultivator itself, you need to carefully monitor the state of this mechanism, properly care for it and carry out repairs in a timely manner.
Continuous monitoring of the remote control will prevent serious damage to sensitive components. In addition to adjusting the idle speed, they regularly clean both the outer surface and the inner cavities. During the audit, the condition of the moving parts and the calibration jets is checked. The former are subject to abrasion when interacting with each other, and the latter are clogged with dirt. If during disassembly deviations in geometric dimensions are found, the worn parts must be replaced.
The carburetor is an integral part of the chainsaw, the function of which is to mix the fuel mixture with.
Contamination of the nozzles occurs due to the ingress of foreign chemicals into the fuel system. Since the remote control interacts with gasoline and air, the cause of pollution can be in the first or in the second source. To reduce the intensity of sedimentation of dirt, additional filter elements are used, which are cleaned as they become dirty.
How to determine if the carburetor needs adjustment?
The instability of the speed of the electric motor of motoblock agricultural machinery is a direct indicator that it is necessary to adjust the carburetor on the tiller.
As a rule, the need for such a procedure arises before the start of the growing season. And this can be quite logically explained: the agromachine has not been used for a long time. Also, adjustment is often necessary immediately after the end of the agricultural season. due to prolonged powerful loads on the tiller, agricultural machinery begins to fail.
Adjusting the carburetor Tiller Cascade. step by step instructions
With the advent of tillers, the life of many rural gardeners, farmers and summer residents has become much easier. After all, such a miracle technique made it possible to carry out all the hard work on the sites not only efficiently and efficiently, but also in a short time with minimal effort. But as you know, sooner or later, equipment can upset its owner with various kinds of breakdowns. There may be several reasons for this: either the part has already worn out, and it is time to replace it with a new one, or the oil did not change on time, or the operating conditions were not correctly followed. One way or another, the equipment needs to be repaired. In service salons, you need to pay a lot of money for this. Today we will tell you how to properly adjust the carburetor on the Cascade tiller with your own hands, without resorting to the help of specialists.
Adjusting the carburetor K-60 Tiller Cascade
- We install the throttle valve in such a way that we have a gap between its base and the air duct of 2. 2.5 mm.
- Clamp the carburetor screws.
- We turn the screws back only 0.5. 1 turn.
- Warm up the engine within 5 minutes.
- While unscrewing the adjusting screw, we are waiting for a decrease in the engine speed.
- We reduce the rotational speed and smoothly tighten the screw to the optimal state.
Features of carburetor adjustment Cascade type KMB-5
- All gasoline must be removed from the float cavity.
- We supply the air mixture through the fuel supply connection.
Confirmation of correct adjustment is an unobstructed air supply in the working condition of the tiller and a stop of blowing when the part is turned over.
Step-by-step instructions for setting up the carburetor
- We warm up the engine.
- Screw in the maximum and minimum throttle screws all the way.
- We unscrew the same screws back only 1.5 turns.
- Set the gear lever to the minimum travel position. With all this, the engine continues to run.
- The normal operation of the engine should be silent and uninterrupted.
Such an operation should be carried out by the Cascade units at each beginning of the season or at the end of it. Due to the fact that the screws are screwed in until they stop, the fuel is enriched. But their slight relaxation increases the air in the mixture.
In order to check if you did everything correctly when adjusting, you just need to pay attention to the spark plugs. After a long hard work on the tiller, after a short time, neither carbon deposits nor traces of fuel should form on the candles.
Tiller carburetor Cascade: 1. air pipe; 2. case; 3. drowner; 4. idle jet; 5. throttle valve stop screw; 6. throttle lever; 7. carburetor mounting flange; 8. screw for adjusting the composition of the fuel mixture at idle; 9. fuel inlet with filter; 10. float chamber; 11. throttle valve drive lever; 12. sludge drain plug; 13. air damper screw with a spring; 14. the choke lever.
General information on the device
The carburetor to the tiller is “switched on” from the moment when the piston began to rise up. At this moment, a vacuum space begins to form below the level of the piston. Air begins to be sucked through the carburetor to the motoblock agricultural machinery.
Regulation of the carburetor K-45
The essence is basically the same as in previous models:
- We need to achieve a decrease in the engine speed by controlling the throttle stop screw.
- Next, you need to determine the maximum value of revolutions using the screw to adjust the fuel mixture at idle.
- Then we unscrew the screw back about a quarter of the achieved position.
Such manipulations will allow the motor to run smoothly, steadily and without sudden stops.
It is important to remember that each model has its own setting for the normal operation of all parts. To make quality repairs with your own hands, be sure to follow all instructions in the manufacturer’s instructions. If you don’t have it, then you should be extremely careful when repairing it. For those who do not have special knowledge of the assembly and repair of such technical equipment, it is better to contact the specialists at the service center. This will help you avoid many problems, and professionals will quickly be able to fix everything.