How to assemble a tiller with your own hands
How to make a homemade tiller?
Many summer residents are often interested in the question of how to assemble a tiller with their own hands, while saving a lump sum? Before proceeding with the design of this device, it is necessary to study in detail its structure.
Some people need an adapter for easy travel. This is impractical for the most part, it is much easier to make a trailer with a seating position. Nevertheless, it is still worth mentioning how to make an adapter for a tiller with your own hands.
A homemade adapter of the simplest design is a simple device that anyone can make. Course of action:
Let’s summarize the materials required to assemble a homemade adapter:
- steel pipe;
- steel sheet;
- two wheels;
- tools and welding machine;
If in order to assemble a homemade tiller, some knowledge is required, then to collect additional devices, experience is not required at all. All that is needed are drawings, assembly material and tools.
What is this design?
In fact, a tiller is a modern version of a horse. When living in a village, it is an indispensable unit.
It often happens that it is not possible to drive a tractor to a personal plot to plow the land due to its large size. the tiller, on the other hand, is able to work in the most inaccessible places and even process plots of one square meter.
One of the main advantages of this device is minimal fuel consumption. As a rule, a full tank with a volume of 4.8 liters is enough for half a day of work, and sometimes even more. Considering that many types of work on the ground have to be done by hand, such a unit is indispensable in agriculture. Digging, hilling, surveying, planting and digging up potatoes can be safely laid on its steel shoulders, while saving a lot of time and effort.
Such a factory-assembled device costs from 30 to 200 thousand rubles, ranging from Chinese manufacturers to powerful diesel engines BMW and Toyota. The cheap Chinese version can fail at any minute, and it is expensive to purchase a unit from well-known companies. It is much easier to use old equipment as a donor and, having bought some spare parts, assemble the tiller with your own hands. It will cost less than even the Chinese version.
Works that can be performed using such a device:
With a wide range of optional equipment, this unit can be used for sweeping, drilling and snow removal. One piece of equipment requires a coupler, while the other connects directly to the gearbox.
Before proceeding with the assembly, it is necessary to determine the power of the unit. Depending on this parameter, further work will be built.
Spare parts can be used from a motorcycle or chainsaw. The motorcycle will fit any design. The best option is IZH Planet 5.4 or Sport series. The average power of the “Planet” is 16-22 horsepower, this is quite enough. Such models were very common at one time, so many will be able to find one in the barn. But the chainsaw must be powerful, the Ural is ideal. To assemble the tiller you will need:
- spare parts donor;
- welding machine;
- drawings (can be found on the Internet or take the operating manual from any other tiller);
- set of tools.
To assemble such a device with your own hands, you need at least minimal knowledge about the operation of internal combustion engines. There should also be a welding machine at hand. nothing will work without it.
Tiller device diagram
- The operating principles of a motorcycle engine and a tiller are slightly different from each other, so the engine needs to be optimized. The cooling system from an air passive one must be converted into an active one. You also need to increase thrust for an easier launch. This requires replacing the valve with a petal valve, in addition, this will lead to fuel economy.
- One of the main parts of the future unit is the gearbox. Ideal for the Ant motor scooter.
- The frame of the structure can be made from the donor motorcycle frame by slightly modifying it. To do this, you need to cut off the front wheel fork and other parts that will interfere with the installation of the equipment from the frame. At the back of the frame, it is necessary to weld the mount so that the hitch fits comfortably there.
- Since the motor of a motorcycle, especially the IZH “Planet Sport”, may be too powerful, it is worth introducing a creeper into it.
- If desired, you can install wheels from the classic Lada on the structure. This will provide higher flotation. The axle for the wheels should be made of solid round timber, the pipe in this situation will not be a reliable material. Can be fitted with tracks or cutter.
Motorcycle IZH Planet Sport
It is worth dwelling on some points of making a homemade tiller in detail. For those who have not personally encountered the collection of this unit, many things may remain incomprehensible.
For a tiller that will be used in agriculture, in most cases, a device such as a trailer is needed. Making a homemade trailer is as easy as making an adapter. To connect it to the entire structure, a hitch is required. You can make a trailer for a tiller with your own hands without straining, this process is extremely simple. It can be made directly with the seat or connected to an adapter. In the second case, as mentioned earlier, the design will turn out to be extremely cumbersome. It is best to connect all equipment directly to the tiller, and use the adapter as an independent trailed unit.
To design a homemade trailer, you will need:
- rectangular pipe;
- sheet metal: 0.2-0.3 millimeters;
- nuts and bolts of various sizes;
- set of tools;
- welding machine;
The frame is a one-piece rectangular structure. Manufacturing steps:
- From the corner, you need to make two crossbars: front and back. They need to be connected by five perpendicular rectangular pipes. The result should be a lattice.
- Four posts should be welded to the longitudinal cross-members. They will serve as the basis for the boards. For the reliability of the structure, it is also possible to add one post along the length of the trailer, but in this case the side walls cannot be hinged.
- On top of the grating, sheet metal 0.3 mm is laid, the sides can be sheathed thinner. 0.2 mm.
- The spars must be welded to the first two cross members. With the help of them, a running beam will be connected by means of springs.
- To make a beam, you need to insert two identical channels into each other in a T-shaped way and equip this structure with wheel axles.
- To create a drawbar, you need a rectangular pipe, it must be welded into a triangle and to strengthen the structure from the top point of the triangle to the main frame, one more pipe must be welded.
The homemade trailer is ready, all that remains is to install the seat. It can be put both on the drawbar and on the trailer.
Now you know how to make a tiller with your own hands and prepare additional equipment for it.
chainsaw tiller diy friendship
The main goal in creating the tiller was to use the Druzhba chainsaw as a basis. In this case, do only with plumbing work, without resorting to turning. The tiller speed in first gear will be 2.5 km / h, with an engine power of 4 hp. This is quite enough for milling the soil, hilling potatoes and digging potatoes with a paw.
The tiller design is pretty simple. The RU-32 steel collar flange is pushed onto the main shaft to screw on the star of the “bridge reducer”. The shaft of the “bridge gear” is taken from the UAZ bridge, the diameter of which is 30 mm. To increase the distance from the gearbox bridge to the ground, a double-row chain and two stars from a VAZ car are used. Timing-type stars, due to their small diameter, will increase the distance by 15 cm to the ground.
We install a case bearing with an inner diameter of 30 mm on the main axle. The gearbox and reducer are the motor from the “Karpaty” moped. A standard centrifugal clutch is used. The chains and stars installed were removed from the Chinese Delta moped. A steel tube is used for planting on a cutter or wheel axle (32).
After you have assembled all the elements of the mechanism together, you can enjoy its work. The big advantage of a homemade tiller is the lack of demand for fuels and lubricants. Another plus is the absolute autonomy of work, which will allow you to use the tiller anywhere.
The diaphragm type of carburetor and a sealed fuel supply system will allow the tiller to work in any conditions. A similar homemade tiller from the Druzhba chainsaw can be used on a personal plot with an area of 15-20 acres.
Assembling a moped
To assemble a moped yourself, you will need mechanical skills, a set of keys, a tester. This vehicle is made from a Druzhba chainsaw and a bicycle. From the last unit, you will need to remove the frame, which will be altered for the drive. Power in such a moped will be transmitted through a gear pair of a bicycle chain, and the start will resemble preparation for cutting firewood.
To make a modern moped, you need “Friendship” and a mountain bike equipped with a good shock absorption system and reliable brakes. The resulting vehicle is additionally equipped with a gearbox (gear ratio 18: 1) and a variator transmission. This moped assembly technology provides a comfortable ride at the speed of a regular bike.
To make a motor for a boat, you will need to transfer torque from the engine of the Druzhba chainsaw to the propeller. At the same time, the first unit does not require the installation of the transmission. A lathe is required to make a reliable adapter. The propeller can be removed from the factory boat powertrain. If necessary, the device is equipped with a gearbox that changes the angle of rotation of the shaft by 90 °. A simple outboard motor works well without it. In this case, the engine is fixed to the boat so that the shaft is submerged in the water at a slight angle.
How to make a tiller from a chainsaw. Photos, drawings, description of work.
- How to make a tiller with your own hands from a chainsaw
- chainsaw tiller diy friendship
A chainsaw is very popular among home craftsmen. It can be used as a universal drive to make a tiller with your own hands from a chainsaw. Solid power and light weight go well with its compact size. Thanks to this, the chainsaw can be aggregated with a bicycle, a winch, an ice drill, a sawmill and a tiller. Everyone can make interesting homemade chainsaw designs with their own hands. This will require knowledge of the basics of drawing and design, since the main conditions for the normal operation of the unit are the build quality and accuracy of all dimensions.
We make a tiller from a chainsaw with our own hands
- tiller with a motor from a chainsaw
- We make a tiller from a chainsaw with our own hands
Owners of land plots who have a tiller in their use do not have any difficulties with the cultivation of their “estate”, doing it very quickly and efficiently. But what to do if the area of the territory is small and it is impractical to purchase expensive agricultural equipment.
The solution to this situation is the reconstruction of a gasoline saw into a homemade tiller for soil cultivation. This modernized device is capable of coping with the functions assigned to it no worse than special equipment.
How to make a tiller with your own hands from a chainsaw
Consider a design option for creating a tiller from a chainsaw. For small areas, the purchase of tillers is largely unjustified. Indeed, in addition to the tiller itself, it is necessary to purchase many spare parts and accessories. They are also quite demanding on fuels and lubricants. But since the tiller makes it much easier to work on the personal plot, in order to get out of this situation, you can make a homemade tiller from a chainsaw.
How to Assemble the Earthquake VERSA Front Tine Tiller
We make the frame in the form of a cube using corners 32×32. The engine is attached to the transverse corners of the upper part of the frame. A little lower, a fuel tank is installed on the brackets. The intermediate shaft supports are installed on the front vertical struts. To attach the bearings of the drive shaft, you need to attach the supports to the longitudinal corners.
As a result, we get a tiller, the center of gravity of which is above the supporting surface of the wheel. A metal weight is used in the front of the frame, if necessary. Manual controls can be made in the form of a crossbar from pipes with a diameter of 30 mm. An excellent material for the manufacture of wheels will be a rubberized roller.
The homemade tiller uses two sprockets: the drive sprocket and the intermediate shaft. Depending on the units used and operating conditions, it is necessary to select the gear ratio between the intermediate and travel shafts.
How to make a chainsaw tiller
a tiller is different from a multicultivator, from the first one can turn out to be a mini-tractor. If motor cultivators are only suitable for loosening the soil, then improved tillers even replace vehicles when transporting various cargo (hay, logs, livestock feed, etc.).
Consider how to make a tiller with your own hands from a chainsaw. To do this, you need to spend time studying the scheme of this technique and purchasing all the necessary spare parts. Having blueprints for a homemade frame, you can assemble a very powerful technique. When assembling the unit, spare parts from a scooter, cars, a Druzhba chainsaw, a Ural motorcycle, etc. are used. When manufacturing, you will need locksmith skills, since all work is done manually.
The design of a homemade unit looks like this: motor. intermediate shaft. wheel. A homemade chainsaw tiller is held on a frame to which the engine and gearbox are attached. The fuel tank is mounted on a bracket. The entire focus of the unit falls on the wheels. A working tool is installed at the rear of the mechanism.
The first start-up of a homemade tiller based on the Druzhba chainsaw.
Topic author: Black
Elena (Tremain) Alexey, Oksana well, you give it! I will quietly wake up my husband and say.
Friendship is a chainsaw! a Friendship. 2, a comic name for a two-handed saw
Alexey is right one hundred percent
completely the anecdote sounds like this: only we have a black-and-white TV Rainbow, handcuffs Tenderness, chainsaw Friendship, tear gas Bird cherry, intercontinental ballistic missiles Mir.
Boys, well, don’t be rude, you are gentlemen who know what to do with a saw!
no one seems to be rude
Well this is so, by the way.
I respect the people who cope with it, I myself do not know how.
“Friendship” is a chainsaw model. Developed at ZMKB “Progress” them. Academician A. G. Ivchenko in November 1953. Producers. Machine-building plant named. Dzerzhinsky (Perm) and GUP PO Sibpribormash (Biysk). Produced in mass production since 1955. In 1958 she was awarded the “Gold Medal” at an exhibition in Brussels. In the 90s, the production of saws and spare parts for it was also mastered by small private enterprises in various cities of Russia.
Engine MP-1 designed by ZMKB “Progress” them. Academician A. G. Ivchenko. single-cylinder, two-stroke, carburetor, air-cooled, working volume 94 cm3, power 4 hp. The engine is lubricated with oil mixed with gasoline. The motor and the saw unit are made in the form of independent units and are connected to each other using a flange connection fixed with a clamp (which is attached to the saw handles). This arrangement allows you to rotate the saw unit at any angle, and if necessary, quickly replace the failed unit. Due to its functional completeness and ease of attachment, the Druzhba chainsaw engine was used to drive tillers (Kumir, Sadovod), water pumps (Skif, TsBN-1, TsBN-2, PMP-4), DC generators ( GZ-106A) for charging batteries in the field, mechanical winches for skidding forests, in a Kama boat motor, in lawn mowers. This engine was popular with DIY enthusiasts. In the 60s, attempts were made at the Moscow Aviation Institute to boost this engine and install it on ultralight aircraft. Light helicopters X-3, X-4, X-5 were manufactured, on each of which propeller-driven units of 4 Druzhba engines were installed, operating through a common gearbox on the main rotor. None of the vehicles passed flight tests due to the low reliability of the engine.
Dima, what a smart girl you are, all the arguments are over now! sadly!
Let’s come up with a new topic for discussion! )
Come on, Vera move, you’re smart.
moving !! how to peel off the tongue if a child licked a sled?
damn, you’re tin! If he does not scream through the wall, then he is intoxicating, but if he is with a soul!
Milling cutters are one of the most commonly used types of equipment for tillers. It is quite difficult to overestimate the role of milling cutters in agriculture, because these devices allow you to process the soil with high quality and fully prepare it for further planting with a minimum amount of time from the efforts of the farmer.
Manufacturing of cutters “crow’s feet”
Immediately before assembling this type of fixture, you will need to carefully prepare for work. With tools and materials you will need:
- steel pipe, 4.2 cm in diameter;
- steel plates for making cutting knives;
- welding machine;
- angle grinder with disc set.
The active crow’s feet cutter is assembled in the following order:
- For the manufacture of cutting elements, you can use the springs from the car. Cut them into equal pieces, and then weld them to a steel pipe that plays the role of a base;
- Sharpen the edges of the cutting elements and weld them to the base used;
- After assembling the equipment, start it and make the necessary settings. At the same time, keep in mind that after starting the tiller, the knives of the equipment should hang in the air and not touch the ground.
In order for the crow’s feet cutter to last as long as possible, it must be slowly lowered to the ground. Otherwise, the equipment may break.
Homemade milling cutters for tiller. the procedure for manufacturing equipment
The simple design of cutters for tillers allows you to make such devices with your own hands. Below we will consider the correct procedure for the manufacture of different types of equipment for plowing the soil.
Self-installation of cutters on the tiller
Self-installation of equipment on the tiller is performed in exactly the same way, both for saber cutters and for devices of the “crow’s feet” type.
In any case, the procedure is as follows:
- Place the manufactured cutters on a special wooden “goat”, about 0.5 m high;
- Gently tilt the tiller at a 45 ° angle and rest it on the coulter;
- Place the “tragus” under the tiller’s rudder grip;
- Dismantle the standard wheels of the agricultural machine, and install homemade cutters instead;
- Securely attach the cutter discs to the left and right outer ends of the cutters. they will significantly improve the travel of the tiller with cutters and make it smoother and more stable.
After completing all the above steps, you can start processing the soil. During work, do not forget to monitor the reliability of the fastening of the plates, fixing the main and additional cutters on the tiller.
Which cutters are best for the tiller. we decide on the choice
Many novice farmers find it quite difficult to decide on the right cutters for the job. In fact, there is nothing difficult about this. you just need to study and compare the qualities and characteristics of different types of equipment. The cutters available on the market are divided into 2 types:
- saber cutters. attachments of this type are in the highest demand, these cutters are included in the delivery set of many tillers. Among the main reasons for the popularity of mills of this type should be highlighted the highest efficiency, the ability to cultivate any soil, including that previously untouched by agricultural machinery. High-quality models of saber cutters are made in 2 stages: first, products of increased strength are formed from carbon steel. At the next stage of production, knives are subject to prolonged heat treatment under the influence of high-frequency currents. The main feature of high-quality saber-shaped devices is the impossibility of welding cutting surfaces;
- cutters “crow’s feet”. equipment of this type appeared on the market relatively recently. In practice, hard soil lends itself to processing with such devices. free of hard weeds. The high efficiency of these cutters is achieved due to their specific shape. The latter also allows you not to harm the roots of the planted plants during the cultivation of the garden. Among the main disadvantages of this kind of devices, one should highlight their low strength and a lot of inconveniences during repair.
When buying any of these types of cutters, be sure to consider the type of soil to be processed before and after planting.
How to assemble correctly cutters on a tiller. making saber equipment
Immediately before making saber-shaped rotor devices, we advise you to study the drawings that will tell you the correct procedure for assembling equipment.
Any saber cutter for tiller consists of two interconnected blocks, each of which contains 12 cutters. The design of one separate unit includes 3 units, each of which is equipped with 4 cutting knives. The latter, in turn, are located in relation to 30 ° in relation to each other. The assembly of saber-shaped devices is as follows:
- First, make a stand using a 6.3 × 4 cm corner;
- Weld one of the ends of the rack to the flange so that later you can combine 4 cutting knives with each other;
- Connect all cutting elements of the cutter to each other by means of flanges and bolts with washers.
A rotary milling cutter manufactured in this way has high strength and stability, which will allow you to use it for processing soils of any density.
Do I need to sharpen the cutters on the tiller. we figure it out together
It is rather difficult to give an unambiguous answer to this question due to several factors. First, the recommendations of the milling cutter manufacturer are of great importance. Some companies that produce high quality plowing equipment do not advise sharpening cutting elements, as this will reduce the efficiency of the cutters and void the warranty for their service. Other manufacturers, on the contrary, recommend that the cutters be sharpened before each season of the tiller’s operation.
The second important factor is the result that the sharpening of the cutters can bring. The only, but very important advantage that this procedure gives is ease in the cultivation process, because it will be much easier for sharpened cutting knives to go deep into the ground and plow it effectively. The disadvantages of sharpening include the need to dismantle and install the equipment on the tiller every time. Another very important drawback is the ability of cutters to grind weed roots deeply hidden in the ground, which will lead to their intensive vegetative reproduction throughout the entire area of the garden.
The third factor is the type of soil being cultivated. If a rotary tiller on a tiller is used mainly for the processing of hard clay soils and virgin lands, then sharpening the cutting knives will help to plow such soil faster and better. If the soil in the garden is soft, then, as a rule, it is not necessary to sharpen the set of cutters used.
All of the listed advice on the manufacture, installation and sharpening of devices are suitable for the operation of equipment in tandem with the Neva MB-1, MB-2 tillers, as well as agricultural machines of the MTZ, Celina brands and units of other imported and domestic manufacturers.