How To Assemble An Electric Trimmer
How to choose an electric trimmer A house outside the city or in the suburbs presupposes the presence of an infield with greenery and a garden. It is a good idea to create a natural landscape in front of the fence and inside the yard with a beautiful lawn. But the grass tends to grow quickly, and if the green area is significant, then keeping the lawn tidy can be quite laborious. To help amateur gardeners, special devices were created for various jobs, including an electric trimmer.
How to choose an electric trimmer. Consumer reviews
A house outside the city or in the suburbs presupposes a personal plot with greenery and a garden. It is a good idea to create a natural landscape in front of the fence and inside the yard with a beautiful lawn. But the grass tends to grow quickly, and if the green area is significant, then keeping the lawn tidy can be quite laborious. To help amateur gardeners, special devices were created for various jobs, including an electric trimmer. The reviews for this device are mostly positive, and therefore we will consider in more detail what this device is.
Trimmer device for garden work
This device is a type of garden scythe, which is powered by a built-in motor. Depending on the type of drive, the following types of trimmers are distinguished:
- The petrol brush is distinguished by good performance, such as long-term operation (about 40 minutes), the ability to use in any weather conditions.
- The electric scythe is short, but it is convenient to use in hard-to-reach places.
The best in terms of ecology is the electric trimmer. Consumer reviews on the Internet indicate not only easy use, but also low energy consumption and no harmful emissions into the atmosphere.
Types of electric trimmer
In the gardening market, there are electric trimmers with different engine locations. Depending on this, the following types can be distinguished:
- Bottom engine: The advantage of this type of device is ease of use, since most of the weight is on the ground, and also low cost. This is due to the fact that such devices cannot be used in conditions of high humidity, otherwise a short circuit may occur, and the worker will be struck by an electric shock.
- With a top drive, work on such models is more convenient, since debris does not accumulate in the device, which excludes a fire or overheating of the motor, and they can mow wet grass.
- Manual feed when working on such a device takes additional time to stop the engine and unwind the line.
- Automatic feeding is performed when the motor starts.
- Semi-automatic feeding is performed while the line is unwound when the engine is running.
Choice of electric trimmer
- Trimmer manufacturers, as a rule, complete them with short cords, therefore, to work on large areas, you need to purchase an additional extension cord.
- Trimmers with an electric motor at the top are equipped with additional accessories that make it possible to modify this device into a delimber or cultivator, while you can save on the purchase of these devices.
- Electric trimmers do not make a lot of noise during operation and can be transported disassembled. They also do not smell like a petrol mower and can therefore be stored indoors.
- There are also models with an anti-vibration system, which significantly improves the technical performance of the trimmer. A pebble and other object guard will ensure safe operation.
How to properly operate an electric grass trimmer
When choosing equipment for a summer cottage, it is not always worth chasing powerful and dimensional devices. The power of the tool is undoubtedly an important parameter, but it obviously carries with it the increased weight of the device, its large dimensions, as well as the high price and increased fuel costs. But that’s not the point.
If you have a small garden in which fruit trees are densely planted or a small lawn with flower beds and shrubs, then clearing it of weeds and carefully mowing the grass is clearly an overwhelming task for any lawn mower. In such cases, even a hand tool, an ordinary braid, will not help: you simply cannot swing it, bumping into tree trunks.
The ideal solution is a good and inexpensive electric trimmer. It is so light, comfortable and easy to operate that it always becomes a favorite of women and the elderly. A lightweight, quietly humming electric motor, a handle with comfortable grips and a nylon line tucked into a spool are the main components of an electric trimmer.
Electric trimmer efficiency
Electric kos, which operates from a household electrical network, is relevant on a plot of four to six acres planted with trees, flowers, shrubs. It is convenient for it to carefully mow grass near the house or along the curb, mow paths, and an environmentally friendly motor that does not produce exhaust, gas and fumes will even make it possible to remove weeds in any indoor room. Greenhouse or greenhouse.
The trimmer cable limits the cutting radius, but can be extended with a standard extension. If this length is not enough for you, or the parameters of the electrical network do not contribute to the normal operation of the electric motor, then you can purchase a type of electric tool, a cordless trimmer. It works autonomously, the built-in battery lasts for half an hour or an hour of intensive work is enough to mow the trees in the garden. The trimmer motor can be positioned at the top of the tool or at the bottom. Upper motor trimmers work well on bumpy and uneven terrain. They are also perfectly balanced and can work with tall and wet grass, short circuits will not occur. The convenience of working with it is also increased by a single-shoulder loop, which is hung on the shoulder. The lower motor trimmer should only be used on dry grass and on level areas. Often it is the lower motor trimmers that run on a rechargeable battery.
How to use the trimmer correctly
The household trimmer is the easiest to use and at the same time very effective tool. There seems to be nowhere easier to plug the tool in and work. But still, there are some nuances that you need to know in order for the trimmer to work for a long time and efficiently.
1. Site preparation. It is necessary to carefully inspect the mowing area and remove all foreign objects such as stones, glass, wire, etc. Having flown out suddenly from under the fishing line during operation, such an object is capable of causing injury.
2. Installation of the cutting system. There are low-power trimmers that can only work with a fishing line, cutting soft and juicy grass; they do not need to install a cutting system. But some trimmer models with a motor of 1 kW or more can work with a knife. If there are tough weeds or even a small overgrowth of bushes on the site, you need to unscrew the working attachment nut and install the cutting knife. Then tighten the nut tightly with a wrench.
3. Before starting work. It is very important to wear protective goggles when working with the trimmer, because even if you have removed the area from debris, plant stems and grass can fly into your eyes. The same stems, grass and branches can injure hands, so it is advisable to wear gloves. We simply plug in the electric trimmer, but the battery trimmer needs to be charged for several hours before use. Then, if there is a shoulder mount, we hang it on the shoulder, knapsack on both shoulders. We conveniently grasp the trimmer by the handles: grasp the D-shaped handle tightly with your palm, and grip the garden trimmer with a bicycle handle (U-shaped) firmly with both hands. The trimmer should be held over the grass so that the line spool or knife is parallel to the ground. We turn on the start.
4. How to mow correctly. The cutting mechanism rotates counterclockwise. Thus, in order for the cut grass to fall onto the already mown area, easily, with simple movements, we carry the trimmer in front of us, from right to left. To remove the remnants of the grass, make a movement in the other direction from left to right. If the area is flat and large, break it into imaginary squares and mow, moving along the outside of such a square. If the plot is on a slope, then you need to start mowing from the bottom of the lawn, passing across the plot in one direction. Having reached the edge, you need to go back and mow in the same direction, parallel. If there are many trees in the area, only cut with fishing line, otherwise you may cut the tree trunk with a knife. In such a garden, it is best to mow around the perimeter, bypassing the tree in a circle.
Five. Completion of work. Turn off the engine and remove the shoulder straps. It is not yet complete completion. It is necessary to carefully clean the spool and knife from the remains of grass. Then fold the trimmer, if telescopic or collapsible, and hide it until the next mow.
The line also has its secrets
The line is wound on a spool inside the spool, with the ends exposed outward. When mowing, the spool rotates, and the line, with this rotation, cuts the grass. To release the tips, you need to lightly hit the coil on the ground (semi-automatic system), there are automatic reels, in which the fishing line is released itself. There are also several rules when working with fishing line:
In order not to damage the line and reel. Try not to touch the spool and line with various hard materials of tracks, curbs, fences. This will shorten the line prematurely, damage the reel or even jam the engine. The line spool should also not touch the ground.
Cut with the tips more effectively. Mowing the full length of the line can overload the engine. It also reduces the mowing efficiency. The tool should be held so that it only mows with the tips of the line. To do this, tilt it forward towards the mowing side.
Tall grass requires several mows. If the grass is taller than 20 centimeters, then one mowing will not do here. You need to mow two or three times, from top to bottom. This is to prevent the grass from wrapping around the reel. The wound grass is the guaranteed overheating of the engine. If the grass is still wrapped, you need to stop the tool and clean it.
The line ran away and hid in the reel. This option happens when you work if you did not release the line from the reel in time. After all, the line is erased and shortened during mowing. If you do not have time to release it, then stop the engine, unplug the tool, and then disassemble the spool and pass the ends of the line into the desired holes.
What determines line consumption? Remember that the line wears out faster if the grass is tough. Therefore, you need to release it more often when mowing weeds and dry tough grass. Around the foundation of the house, near the wall and the curb, the line consumption will also be greater than directly on the lawn or near the trees. It is worth considering: if you work carefully and accurately, then the consumption of the trimmer line will be optimal and economical.
STEP 3: Attach the shoulder strap
One of the simplest manipulations when assembling an electric trimmer. Many will understand how the shoulder strap attaches intuitively. For those who are not sure, we decided to add several important points to the instructions:
1. We connect the carabiner with the ring for fastening the belt
2. Adjust the position of the mounting ring on the rod
3. We fix the ring with the fixing screw
Assembling the trimmer step by step How to properly assemble the trimmer Step by step instructions
Garden trimmers are similar in design. Detailed instructions for one model will help you understand the intricacies of installing analogs. Consider the main stages of assembling an electric trimmer using a model as an example FUBAG FET 1200R.
Before we start, let’s figure out what we have in our hands after the purchase. The tool is sold disassembled:
- Boom with motor
- Braid handle
- Trimmer head cover
- Trimmer head
The kit also includes a shoulder strap, a three-blade knife and a tool kit.
STEP 2: Install the protective cover
1. Align the holes in the protective casing and in the mounting plate.
2. We fix the cover on the bar with screws and washers using the key from the kit.
In this model, the casing is fixed with metal plates on both sides. This guarantees additional reliability and durability of the trimmer.
The casing itself is made of dense but elastic plastic. Such material will definitely not break off when hitting small obstacles. We advise you to pay attention to this if you are just going to choose electric trimmer or petrol trimmer.
STEP 1: Attach the tool handle
1. Unscrew the thumbscrew
2. Remove the top cover of the fastener
3. Insert the handle into the fasteners
4. Install the cover
5. Tighten the screw
To adjust the handle, you need to loosen the thumb and move it. Then fix the screw.
Electric trimmers FUBAG equipped with rubberized handles, which increases the convenience and safety of use. They allow you to hold the instrument securely even in wet hands.
STEP 4: Install the line spool
1. First, align the hole on the washer with the hole in the gearbox cup and lock it with a special rod.
2. Unscrew the mounting nut from the hub clockwise.
3. Remove the cup from the shaft and the pressure washer
4. Twist the line spool counterclockwise until it stops, holding the rod.
The indication on the box for a two-year warranty and a seven-year service life sowed hope in my soul for the good quality of this product.
Judging by the factory label on the box, the trimmer is made in the People’s Republic of China by Changzhou Globe Co.
Electric trimmer turned out to be folding, which, in principle, is very comfortable for transporting it in a car.
The rod breaks made me think a little about the different color of the wire. As I later realized, the additional protective tube of the wire did not reach the place of the break, which naturally means a low build quality.
The plastic protective cover was included in the kit separately; it was not difficult to fix it with a screw on the trimmer. Assembling the trimmer bar was also pretty straightforward. It seems to me that even a three-year-old child would figure it out with this construction.
How to assemble an electric trimmer Greenworks GST1246 string trimmer 220V
Electric trimmer GreenWorks GST1246. This is a corded model (220V) for mowing grass and soft growth,
Our review includes the best electric trimmers. When compiling the rating, the following criteria were taken into account:
How wind the line on the trimmer cutter head or brushcutters
Shows in detail how to wind the line on a reel trimmer or brushcutters. Refueling with mowing line
I would like to note that the manufacturer has carefully placed a bright sticker on the boom with warnings regarding safety issues when working with the product. Do not use this apparatus in the rain and we recommend using safety glasses.
A rather detailed instruction and a warranty card were offered to the product.
There is no shoulder strap, but there is an additional plastic handle for support while mowing with the other hand.
10 best electric trimmers
Feature in the rating
Many owners of private houses and summer cottages carefully look after their personal plot. When the active growth of grass begins, there is a need for a special technique. The modern market offers a choice of lawn mowers, petrol cutters, electric trimmers. The latter compare favorably with an affordable price, so there is a steady demand for them. Electric trimmers are especially effective in small areas where the extension cord is easy to stretch. But difficulties also arise at the purchase stage. The power tool range is very diverse, so a few tips from the experts will be relevant and appropriate. What parameters should you pay close attention to?
- First of all, you need to determine the performance. It depends on the power and speed of the motor. For well-groomed areas where growing grass will have to be cut, power up to 1,000 watts will be enough. There is another reason not to pursue high performance. The stronger the engine, the greater the trimmer mass.
- The location of the engine affects the price and usability. Cheap low-power models have a bottom-mounted electric motor. But this design has serious drawbacks, for example, grass clogging and poor cooling.
- For overhead models, shoulder straps will be required. Unfortunately, not all manufacturers complete trimmers with these accessories.
- Electric braids and handle shape differ. Lightweight machines are equipped with D-shaped holders, which give the trimmer maneuverability. And more powerful units are controlled by a handle in the form of a bicycle handlebar.
Best inexpensive electric trimmers
If you want to mechanize your labor, but are on a tight budget, electric trimmers from this category is what you need. All of them do an excellent job with the task, but at the same time they have their own characteristics. Let’s take a look at three popular budget models and decide which one is the best.
There are a great many manufacturers of the presented equipment. With a lower engine, models of such brands as Bosch (ART 23/25/30), BlackDecer (GL 680/660/650/545/430/425/225) stand out. Their advantage lies in the maneuverability and balance of techniques such as the electric trimmer. How to choose a manufacturer? When buying upper-engine types of units, this question is more difficult to answer.
A typical representative of this type of model is the MTD ET1000 / EB1000. These electric trimmers are more powerful, have multiple attachments and are more suitable for tough grass.
If the letters ES or EB are found in the marking of such devices, this indicates the use of a cutter as part of the design.
Iskra-ero has a coil that is difficult to replace in the event of a breakdown, since it is quite difficult to find a similar one.
Some examples (eg Makita 4030) do not have a shoulder strap. It is difficult to work with such a unit.
Defective coils are found in some models (for example, “Forester”). They are difficult to remove, and it is almost impossible to manually extract the line.
There are also complaints from users about the rapid overheating and failure of the engine with a lower motor. However, similar comments are observed among users who incorrectly exploited the presented type of equipment.
Moisture trapped in the engine will cause damage. Also, the use of the device not in accordance with the instructions leads to a rapid failure of the electric trimmer.
The owners of such electric scooters as “Viking”.500, TE-310, Makita UR-3000 and 4030, Gardenlux GT1300D, SunGarden, Bosch ART30 are satisfied with their equipment.
The unit, selected in accordance with the required functionality, and used for its intended purpose, will serve for a sufficiently long time as fruitfully as possible. You also need to adhere to the manufacturer’s instructions in order to protect yourself and others.
The cutting element is also important for techniques such as the electric trimmer. How to choose a suitable cutting head is studied before making a purchase.
There is a fishing line and a knife (plastic, metal). They are supplied individually or together.
If there is thick, tough grass growing on the site, an electric knife trimmer will be the best purchase. Experts know how to choose this element. They advise purchasing models with a metal knife. However, this technique has a narrower grasp width than the previous version.
It will be more correct if, when choosing an electric trimmer, you stop at a copy with a combined cutting head. In this case, the same equipment can be used in different areas.
Conventionally, electric trimmers, when choosing for hard or soft grass, can be divided into models with a straight or curved shaft.
A bent shaft is typical for low-power types of equipment. In this case, the cutting head is driven by a steel cable. This is a more vulnerable type of shaft. Most often found in models with fishing line, as these are weak varieties of technique.
The straight shaft has a gearbox. This design involves the movement of the knife using a straight metal rod.
High performance models are equipped with a straight shaft. To understand how to choose an electric trimmer for a summer residence, you should initially determine its functions. If the area has tough grass, it is better to use a device with a steel knife and a high power straight shaft. This will also allow you to perform work for a long time. Low-powered species suggest their use continuously for 15 minutes.
Electric trimmer advantage
When choosing an electric trimmer for grass, you should consider a number of its qualities. Many users purchase this equipment due to its lower weight in comparison with gasoline units. The work will be done faster and easier.
Due to the lack of a fuel tank, the electric scythe is more compact. It doesn’t make as much noise as analog devices. This allows you to use the device in the evening or early morning.
The absence of fumes is an added benefit of technology such as electric grass trimmers. How to choose it, experts and users advise. However, you should be aware that it does not require additional parts such as a filter for gasoline, air. No fuel and grease, candles, etc. Are needed. This also simplifies the operation process.
When choosing an electric trimmer, you should know that it does not need frequent maintenance. It is these reasons that contribute to the popularity of the presented equipment.