How To Assemble An Electric Trimmer
How to choose an electric trimmer A house outside the city or in the suburbs presupposes the presence of an infield with greenery and a garden. It is a good idea to create a natural landscape in front of the fence and inside the yard with a beautiful lawn. But the grass tends to grow quickly, and if the green area is significant, then keeping the lawn tidy can be quite laborious. To help amateur gardeners, special devices were created for various jobs, including an electric trimmer.
How to choose an electric trimmer. Consumer reviews
A house outside the city or in the suburbs presupposes a personal plot with greenery and a garden. It is a good idea to create a natural landscape in front of the fence and inside the yard with a beautiful lawn. But the grass tends to grow quickly, and if the green area is significant, then keeping the lawn tidy can be quite laborious. To help amateur gardeners, special devices were created for various jobs, including an electric trimmer. The reviews for this device are mostly positive, and therefore we will consider in more detail what this device is.
Trimmer device for garden work
This device is a type of garden scythe, which is powered by a built-in motor. Depending on the type of drive, the following types of trimmers are distinguished:
- The petrol brush is distinguished by good performance, such as long-term operation (about 40 minutes), the ability to use in any weather conditions.
- The electric scythe is short, but it is convenient to use in hard-to-reach places.
The best in terms of ecology is the electric trimmer. Consumer reviews on the Internet indicate not only easy use, but also low energy consumption and no harmful emissions into the atmosphere.
Types of electric trimmer
In the gardening market, there are electric trimmers with different engine locations. Depending on this, the following types can be distinguished:
- Bottom engine: The advantage of this type of device is ease of use, since most of the weight is on the ground, and also low cost. This is due to the fact that such devices cannot be used in conditions of high humidity, otherwise a short circuit may occur, and the worker will be struck by an electric shock.
- With a top drive, work on such models is more convenient, since debris does not accumulate in the device, which excludes a fire or overheating of the motor, and they can mow wet grass.
- Manual feed when working on such a device takes additional time to stop the engine and unwind the line.
- Automatic feeding is performed when the motor starts.
- Semi-automatic feeding is performed while the line is unwound when the engine is running.
Choice of electric trimmer
- Trimmer manufacturers, as a rule, complete them with short cords, therefore, to work on large areas, you need to purchase an additional extension cord.
- Trimmers with an electric motor at the top are equipped with additional accessories that make it possible to modify this device into a delimber or cultivator, while you can save on the purchase of these devices.
- Electric trimmers do not make a lot of noise during operation and can be transported disassembled. They also do not smell like a petrol mower and can therefore be stored indoors.
- There are also models with an anti-vibration system, which significantly improves the technical performance of the trimmer. A pebble and other object guard will ensure safe operation.
Electric grass trimmer
The device is a bar with an electric motor and a cutting tool attached to it. The principle of operation is to convert electrical energy into mechanical rotation. The corresponding parts of the device are the engine and the knives.
The main device, the heart of the trimmer, the engine has a different arrangement of the upper or lower. The choice, operation and price of the device depend on it.
The concepts of brushcutter and trimmer are essentially different. This should be borne in mind when making a choice in favor of the latter. It is designed to care for lawns made of grass, mostly soft. The device is low-powered, however, it successfully copes with the assigned tasks.
In addition to electric options, the consumer is offered gasoline and battery types.
Braids are used in areas with the worst conditions of vegetation stiffness, uneven surfaces, remoteness from the local area, which is why the duration of their work is longer than that of trimmers. They are powerful and at the same time more expensive to operate than the described devices.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Electric Trimmers
For work in the local area, the trimmer has the following advantages:
- Lightweight and portable. Considering that the area around the house is rather big, carrying a powerful braid with you will become problematic. The trimmer, on the other hand, has special attachments and will not become burdensome even with long work.
- Low noise level, and in some cases a practical silent device does the job of cleaning the area that does not bother neighbors and loved ones. This sets the trimmer apart from lawn mowers and scythes.
- Absolute environmental friendliness. Electric trimmers do not emit harmful emissions into the atmosphere, unlike gasoline ones. In addition, there is no need to think about storing fuel supplies, which makes the device safe to own.
- Smooth start-up and ease of operation, understandable even for amateurs.
Not a single mechanical and automatic design can do without them. What are they:
- Low power and limited operating time. Electric motors are capricious and sensitive to any kind of overheating or network instability. Therefore, allowing the jungle on your site cannot be easier to get rid of low vegetation in an hour than to expose the device to damage for a whole day of work.
- Inability to work in difficult areas hard grass, bushes, roots. If the adjacent territory is replete with similar soils, then first you need to process it with another technique, and then monitor the condition with a trimmer. Otherwise, it is important to have a scythe or a lawn mower under your friend.
- Stiffness of movement due to trimmer power requires a long line from the source. In addition, it can fall under the knife and disable the entire apparatus. The solution to the problem is battery models, but they take time to recharge, and are heavy because of the extra device.
- The main disadvantage of an electric trimmer is energy consumption. This is not a cheap pleasure, but considering that you do not need to use the device every day, it will pay off.
How to choose an electric grass trimmer
A smart home with a developed infrastructure for a comfortable life is a dream for any land owner who is building or just about to build an object. The adjacent territory has the same meaning, according to which the ubiquitous neighbors judge the identity of the owners. It should be well-groomed, comfortable for relaxation, pleasing to the eye.
The main problem of the site is fast-growing grass. However, it ceases to bother you if you purchase the appropriate braid trimmer. The choice of the device is approached rationally.
Overview of popular models of electric trimmers
The financial issue is one of the main ones when it comes to equipping your own home with gadgets and devices. The trimmer cost is no exception. It is important to combine a useful acquisition with the relative cost it is possible. So:
How to choose the right electric trimmer
Trimmer models are varied, so the choice is made, correlating the best qualities for themselves and the local area:
- Convenience of work. The electric trimmer has a D, T and J-shaped handle, the former is good for small jobs in short areas of paths, flower beds and flower beds. The disadvantage of the employee is required maneuverability, therefore, for elderly owners, or those with limited capabilities, such an acquisition is not rational. The second, T-shaped option is good for performing work in large volumes and cutting branches no more than 15 mm thick. The movements are similar to classic mowing. The disadvantage cannot be neglected because of the special belts. The installation is usually impressive and rigid fixation is necessary for the complete safety of the mower. The J-installation is good for doing work when the area is overgrown with different-sized plants. Typically, a nozzle is included with the D-handle. It also has a protective function, it prevents the knives from approaching the gear cone.
- Shoulder straps are required to ensure a snug fit.
- Accumulative charge capacity and power cord length. Naturally, higher values will ensure continuous operation for several hours. By the way, experts recommend resting the device every 3040 minutes.
- Cutting part. It is important to purchase a device with the ability to quickly change the line.
- Automatic or semi-automatic machines do the job without the intervention of the owners. It is recommended that the head condition be assessed in a timely manner and replaced.
- Additional options. They include a 90-degree turn, support mechanisms for easier work, a fixed cutting height. Multifunctionality naturally affects the final cost of the device, but nevertheless makes the result better.
Having evaluated the upcoming front of work, they make the choice of the device according to the requirements of the site, personal preferences in convenience and in relation to the cost. About the latter below.
D-handle trimmer designed for gardening in small areas and with soft material such as grass, foliage, lawn and flower bed leveling. The model is compact, easy, female owners will appreciate. The trimmer shows quality even on uneven terrain. Long cable for maneuverability.
The described model has a low cost and has a large mowing width of 43 cm. This allows you to skew a large area in a short period of time.
The rotation speed of the knife is 7500 rpm, which also speaks of the effectiveness of the product. The motor power of this electric trimmer is 1100 W. The foldable handle of this tool can be set at different heights, so it will be convenient for people of different heights.
A shoulder strap is supplied with the mechanism to facilitate the process of mowing grass.
Stihl FSE 71
This model has a D-shaped handle and therefore will be comfortable when working around fences. The blade rotation speed of this device is 7400 rpm with a motor power of 540 W.
The trimmer handle can be fixed at different heights, so it is comfortable for people of different heights. The described model has other advantages:
- Curved bar for more comfortable working.
- Lightweight at only 4 kg. Thanks to this, the owner of the mechanism will not get tired even during continuous operation for several hours.
- Compactness. The length of the product is only 105 cm, so it can be transported in a car without discomfort.
This tool has the following advantages:
- Power 1500 W. This indicator indicates that this trimmer can quickly cut grass in large areas.
- Cutting width 42 cm. This also contributes to faster cutting of grass on site.
- Availability of additional attachments (lopper and brush cutter). Many products are sold without these parts, which is why you have to look for suitable ones for a particular model.
Huter GET-1500 SL
If you need to cut grass in a small area, you should choose the presented model. This tool is compact and easy to use in confined spaces. It does not make much noise during operation, so it can be used in the evenings.
The engine of this trimmer is equipped with a cooling system, which provides protection against overheating even after prolonged use. The shape of the handle prevents the hands from slipping, so the owner of the device does not experience discomfort during operation. The product can be disassembled for transportation.
Trimmer selection criteria
To choose the right electric trimmer, it is worth remembering several criteria:
- The density of the grass on the site. If you are mowing a small lawn near a multi-storey building, you can purchase a cheaper model. A more powerful garden trimmer is required to trim the grass in a suburban area.
- Land area. Some country house owners choose a less powerful trimmer. This is due to the fact that this mechanism is used only a few times a year. But if the area is large, a cheap trimmer will not work properly for several hours.
- Construction type. The electric trimmer can have a different structure of the handles, which affects the ease of use. If the model is heavy, it is worth purchasing a special belt.
- Engine power and type.
By choosing the right garden trimmer, you will spend less time cutting your grass. This can be done thanks to the rating of the best models presented below.
Ddeeb 1000 RD
The power of this product is 1 kW. This is quite enough for comfortable work on the site. It is convenient to work with the trimmer not only when mowing the lawn, but also when removing tall bushes.
The mowing width is 40 cm, which allows you to quickly mow vegetation over a large area. In this case, the speed of rotation of the knife is equal to 8000 rpm. The device has an anti-vibration system, so that after working with it there is no discomfort in the hands.
STEP 1: Attach the tool handle
1. Unscrew the thumbscrew
2. Remove the top cover of the fastener
3. Insert the handle into the fasteners
4. Install the cover
5. Tighten the screw
To adjust the handle, you need to loosen the thumb and move it. Then fix the screw.
Electric trimmers FUBAG equipped with rubberized handles, which increases the convenience and safety of use. They allow you to hold the instrument securely even in wet hands.
STEP 4: Install the line spool
1. First, align the hole on the washer with the hole in the gearbox cup and lock it with a special rod.
2. Unscrew the mounting nut from the hub clockwise.
3. Remove the cup from the shaft and the pressure washer
4. Twist the line spool counterclockwise until it stops, holding the rod.
STEP 3: Attach the shoulder strap
One of the simplest manipulations when assembling an electric trimmer. Many will understand how the shoulder strap attaches intuitively. For those who are not sure, we decided to add several important points to the instructions:
1. We connect the carabiner with the ring for fastening the belt
2. Adjust the position of the mounting ring on the rod
3. We fix the ring with the fixing screw
STEP 2: Install the protective cover
1. Align the holes in the protective casing and in the mounting plate.
2. We fix the cover on the bar with screws and washers using the key from the kit.
In this model, the casing is fixed with metal plates on both sides. This guarantees additional reliability and durability of the trimmer.
The casing itself is made of dense but elastic plastic. Such material will definitely not break off when hitting small obstacles. We advise you to pay attention to this if you are just going to choose electric trimmer or petrol trimmer.
Assembling the trimmer step by step How to properly assemble the trimmer Step by step instructions
Garden trimmers are similar in design. Detailed instructions for one model will help you understand the intricacies of installing analogs. Consider the main stages of assembling an electric trimmer using a model as an example FUBAG FET 1200R.
Before we start, let’s figure out what we have in our hands after the purchase. The tool is sold disassembled:
- Boom with motor
- Braid handle
- Trimmer head cover
- Trimmer head
The kit also includes a shoulder strap, a three-blade knife and a tool kit.
The indication on the box for a two-year warranty and a seven-year service life sowed hope in my soul for the good quality of this product.
Judging by the factory label on the box, the trimmer is made in the People’s Republic of China by Changzhou Globe Co.
Electric trimmer turned out to be folding, which, in principle, is very comfortable for transporting it in a car.
The rod breaks made me think a little about the different color of the wire. As I later realized, the additional protective tube of the wire did not reach the place of the break, which naturally means a low build quality.
The plastic protective cover was included in the kit separately; it was not difficult to fix it with a screw on the trimmer. Assembling the trimmer bar was also pretty straightforward. It seems to me that even a three-year-old child would figure it out with this construction.
How wind the line on the trimmer cutter head or brushcutters
Shows in detail how to wind the line on a reel trimmer or brushcutters. Refueling with mowing line
I would like to note that the manufacturer has carefully placed a bright sticker on the boom with warnings regarding safety issues when working with the product. Do not use this apparatus in the rain and we recommend using safety glasses.
A rather detailed instruction and a warranty card were offered to the product.
There is no shoulder strap, but there is an additional plastic handle for support while mowing with the other hand.
10 best electric trimmers
Feature in the rating
Many owners of private houses and summer cottages carefully look after their personal plot. When the active growth of grass begins, there is a need for a special technique. The modern market offers a choice of lawn mowers, petrol cutters, electric trimmers. The latter compare favorably with an affordable price, so there is a steady demand for them. Electric trimmers are especially effective in small areas where the extension cord is easy to stretch. But difficulties also arise at the purchase stage. The power tool range is very diverse, so a few tips from the experts will be relevant and appropriate. What parameters should you pay close attention to?
- First of all, you need to determine the performance. It depends on the power and speed of the motor. For well-groomed areas where growing grass will have to be cut, power up to 1,000 watts will be enough. There is another reason not to pursue high performance. The stronger the engine, the greater the trimmer mass.
- The location of the engine affects the price and usability. Cheap low-power models have a bottom-mounted electric motor. But this design has serious drawbacks, for example, grass clogging and poor cooling.
- For overhead models, shoulder straps will be required. Unfortunately, not all manufacturers complete trimmers with these accessories.
- Electric braids and handle shape differ. Lightweight machines are equipped with D-shaped holders, which give the trimmer maneuverability. And more powerful units are controlled by a handle in the form of a bicycle handlebar.
How to assemble an electric trimmer Greenworks GST1246 string trimmer 220V
Electric trimmer GreenWorks GST1246. This is a corded model (220V) for mowing grass and soft growth,
Our review includes the best electric trimmers. When compiling the rating, the following criteria were taken into account:
Best inexpensive electric trimmers
If you want to mechanize your labor, but are on a tight budget, electric trimmers from this category is what you need. All of them do an excellent job with the task, but at the same time they have their own characteristics. Let’s take a look at three popular budget models and decide which one is the best.