How To Build A Dog House
Particularly acute lack of their own home, our four-legged friends feel with the onset of cold weather. Build a dog house with their own hands is not at all difficult. Some owners love their pets so much that their homes resemble little fairy-tale houses. If you pick up a stray dog on the street, your desire to build a simple booth for it will be perceived as a decision to make it the owner of the castle.
How to build a dog house?
For your pet to live comfortably, the booth must be in its size. In a small booth, the dog will be too crowded, and in a big winter it will freeze. Our booth will consist of four walls and a gable roof. Therefore, the two walls should be with a triangular top, so that during the rain water flows well. The roof is made of two parts interconnected. We fix it on the body last.
- To begin with, we determine the architecture of the building, and then measure the dog. The most important measurements are the length of the pet’s body, on which the length and width of its home depends. The height of the building depends on the height of the animal at the withers, to which we add 10 cm.
- We prepare materials and tools:
- furniture wooden board;
- hand file;
- four corners;
- screws eight pieces;
- We make a marking on a wooden board for the front wall, which has a triangular top.
- Use the tools to carefully cut it out.
- On the cut wall draw an entrance that has vertical sides and a semicircular top. To make the semicircle smooth, we use a cord for convenience.
- Using a hand saw and jigsaw, cut the entrance to the booth.
- In the same way we make markings on a wooden board for the remaining walls, roof and bottom.
- Cut the remaining three walls, the bottom and the details of the roof, and then fasten everything securely together with the help of corners and screws.
- As a summer option, the booth can be left without a bottom. But in the winter, without this important detail, the dog will freeze.
- Install the roof. It should fit snugly to the body. To conveniently restore order in the dog house, we do not nail it to the walls.
- How to build a simple dog house, we learned. At the final stage, we give it an aesthetic look, painting it in the color we like.
For comfort in the booth we lay the litter. A dog on it will be warm and cozy. To prevent the water from leaking in rainy weather, it is advisable to raise the building above ground level. In regions where winters are cold and harsh, it is desirable to warm the house. It is possible to build a warm dog house, if you use such insulation as artificial felt, foam plastic, foam plastic, mineral wool. The main thing is that the material does not absorb moisture.