How to change the fuel hose on the trimmer
Fuel filter location
Most car models use built-in cleaning systems. You can find it in the engine compartment, others have a filter under the car, mounted on a frame next to the driver or next to the fuel tank (you may need to lift the car to see the filter).
On older models with a carburetor, you will find it between the intake manifold and the carburetor. As mentioned earlier, some vehicles also use a metal or glass container to house the filter element. Containers have a removable cover for filter replacement.
If you cannot see the filter, follow the main fuel line from the engine to the fuel tank if necessary, or refer to your specific vehicle repair manual to find it.
You can find the Schrader valve on the fuel rail around the top of the engine.
Relief of pressure in the fuel system
After locating the cleaning element, the fuel system must be depressurized. To relieve system pressure, loosen the fuel tank cap and remove the pump fuse or relay. Your vehicle manual or vehicle manual will tell you where to find the fuse, but look in the “power distribution center” under the hood or in the fuse panel under the dash. Under the fuse box cover, you can find the description and identification of each fuse on this panel.
After removing the fuse, start the engine. Let him twirl a little. Then crank the engine for a couple more seconds. That’s all.
Watch the following video to understand how to relieve pressure in the fuel system.
Fuel filter replacement interval
The filter traps particles of dirt, water, rust and other contaminants before they enter the engine. Therefore, most car manufacturers recommend replacing it at least once a year (approximately 12,000 miles. 19,213 km) when impurities trapped in the filter element begin to affect fuel flow and engine performance.
The average car owner can replace the filter at home using several common tools. With proper precautions, it will take you about an hour to restore much-needed engine power.
Before you start:
- Choose a well-ventilated area to work in your vehicle.
- Park the vehicle away from appliances with open flames such as natural gas (water heater or tumble dryer). Fuel vapors can ignite from a small spark or flame.
- Also, if you know you need to lift your car to access the filter, park your car on a level surface with enough room to work with your car.
How To Replace Fuel Lines On Strimmers/Chainsaws/etc
We’ll go over how to replace the inline fuel filter here, but if your car uses an inline fuel filter, you can still follow these general guidelines. But check your technical manual so you know how to lower the fuel tank, disconnect the lines, and remove the fuel pump assembly. Some models provide quick access to the pump assembly thanks to quick access under the rear seat of the car, so you don’t have to lift the car to reach it.
Replacing the Fuel Filter (How to Replace)
- Fuel filter replacement interval
- Fuel filter location
- Relief of pressure in the fuel system
- How to change the fuel filter
Clogged fuel filter will restrict fuel flow to the engine.
You can change the fuel filter in about an hour or more, depending on its location.
- Many vehicles use an inline fuel filter that connects to the main line of the fuel system.
- However, more and more often, many modern cars move it inside the fuel tank. Some of these models provide a service access panel; however, other models require lowering the fuel tank and disassembling the fuel pump assembly to replace the filter or the entire unit as part of service.
- However, other vehicles. gasoline or diesel. use a special metal canister or glass container connected to a fuel line with a removable cap to replace the filter element inside.
- On older carburetor models, you can find a disposable element where the main fuel line connects to the carburetor body.
How to change the fuel filter
After depressurizing the fuel system:
You only need a few minutes to change the fuel filter on most car models using a few common tools. It only costs a few dollars and not only restores proper fuel consumption and engine power, but also helps to extend the life of the fuel pump. Thus, you save several hundred dollars in repair costs by changing the filter at regular intervals or according to the manufacturer’s recommended schedule. And when you do it yourself, you stretch your car maintenance budget even further. Use this money to service other systems in your car or replace some other obsolete components.
Photo-instructions for replacing the fuel filter on the Nissan Maxima
Replacing the filter on the Nissan Maxima is easy. Here is a photo instruction on how to do it.
First, remove the fuel pump fuse to relieve system pressure. Secondly, let’s figure out where the fuel filter is. In the photo, the location is indicated by an arrow.
Take a Phillips screwdriver and unscrew the upper clamp.
After removing the clamp, you need to disconnect the hose. The hose is taut enough that you need a flat screwdriver. Place a screwdriver at the end of the hose and use it as a lever to pull the hose up.
When the hose is removed, turn the filter over. There will be a similar clamp on the back of the filter. We do all the same and disconnect the fuel filter.
We take out a new one from the box, remove the protective caps and put it in its place. Also, first connect one hose, tighten the clamp. Then the second hose and also tighten the clamp.
That’s all. This is how you can easily replace the fuel filter on the Nissan Maxima.
Replacing the fuel filter on Nissan
- The complexity of the work:
In this article we will tell and show you how you can replace the fuel filter in a Nissan car with your own hands. Detailed description and photo instructions. Use!
Purpose, types, timing of replacement of fuel filters
When refueling a car, fuel with rust and other abrasive impurities can enter its fuel tank. In this case, the fuel must always pass through the injectors in a clean state to prevent contamination. For this, filtering devices were invented.
The main task of the fuel filter is to clean the fuel from microparticles (large elements are delayed by the filter installed in the fuel tank), which can ultimately lead to interruptions in the operation of the engine. Also, the device must provide a quick passage of fuel through the filter element.
Fuel filters are collapsible and one-piece. The filter design is very simple. It consists of:
- filter element.
The body of a modern filter is made of metal or durable plastic, since high pressure is created in the fuel system of injection and diesel vehicles.
The fuel filter in Nissan vehicles is replaced every 15 thousand kilometers.
Change the fuel filter in Nissan
To select the correct fuel filter, it is recommended to refer to the instructions for the vehicle. Consider replacing the fuel filter (with a removable filter element) in a Nissan Primera. It is performed in several stages:
- Removal of trunk elements (hoses) by pressing the clips.
- Disconnecting the electrical connector located on the filter cover.
- Removing the filter housing mount, which is held by two bolts.
- Removing the filter housing.
- Removing the filter cover. To do this, you need to unscrew one bolt.
- Removing the filter element.
- Installing a new filter element.
- Replacement of two rubber bands (must be supplied).
and assembly in reverse order:
- Installing the filter cover.
- Filter housing installation and fastening.
- Connecting the electrical connector.
- Fixing the hoses.
Be sure to make sure that there is no pressure in the car’s power system before you touch the filter itself. On Nissan Primera, this can be done as described in the 2nd point. There is also another option. this is to pull out the fuse that keeps the fuel pump running. You can find out which fuse is responsible for this by reading the instructions on the cover of the fuse compartment or in the instructions for your car.
On older Nissan models, the fuel filter is replaced by unscrewing the hose fittings that are connected to the filter inlet and outlet. In this case, the filter changes completely.
Manufacturers of current Nissan models have decided to install the fuel filter directly into the fuel pump, so it is replaced together with the pump, which usually changes after one hundred thousand kilometers.
It is advisable to wear protective gloves when replacing the filter.
If the material was interesting or useful to you, post it on your page on the social network:
It is easy to assess her condition: take a couple of long wires and connect directly to the pump. If it “screeches”, consider that the cause of the malfunction has been found. And if not? Move on.
Checking the fuel pump
On the VAZ 2110, the gas pump is located right on the gas tank, in order to check it, you need to perform several steps. First, you need to listen to how the fuel pump works, if it does not work moderately, then there are difficulties.
Before inspecting a gas pump, it is necessary to check the fuel filters, because specifically they are most often a prerequisite for everything. Installing a rear view camera on Granta. photo report, how to install a rear camera on a VAZ 2190 car. Blog xxxDexter on DRIVE2. How to check the engine when buying a car? Practical tips to avoid trouble The topic of buying a car, perhaps, can be called one of the. With a clean filter, the pressure gauge needle should tremble slightly when the pump is running, but if suddenly the arrow deviates within 0.3 atmospheres or more, then the filter may be clogged and must be changed.
In addition to all of the above, the system can be checked without a pressure gauge; for this, the gas line is turned off and inserted into a clean container. After energizing the fuel pump, it should pump more than 1.5 liters per minute. gasoline.
They inspect the gas pump more skillfully with a pressure gauge, measuring its pressure. The VAZ 2110 fuel pump is a common cause of breakdown. With wear and tear, the pressure of the fuel pump drops, and the car significantly loses its own potential. The fuel pump and generator are tenths. 1. Oleg, is the generator suitable for Lancer 9 with a six? To check the pressure of the fuel pump specifically, you need to connect a pressure gauge and pinch the hose of the reverse direction of gasoline with pliers. The principle of operation and parameters of a serviceable fuel pump on a VAZ 2110. How to check when the pump is. If the pressure is at least 4 atmospheres, then the pump is in order.
You can also spin the engine up to 3000 rpm and look at the characteristics of the pressure gauge. If everything is done as described in the article, then the VAZ 2101. 2107 stove will warm up the cabin much faster, even in such a large cabin as in the VAZ 2104 after 3. Under no circumstances should the pressure drop with all this.
If suddenly the fuel pump is out of order, then it will have to be changed, and you should not regret it for your own VAZ 2110. Wiper repair. In practice, the repair of wipers on the VAZ 2110 is completely trapezoidal. If this pump breaks down again, it will not work to go by car. For a change, it is best to choose high-quality pumps imported from other countries, which can produce up to 7 atmospheres. Such a pump will not only serve longer, it will also improve the quality of mixture formation when leaving the nozzle.
The principle of operation of the RTD
The valve design and principle of operation depend on the type of fuel system of a particular vehicle. There are 3 ways to supply gasoline from the tank to the injectors:
- The pump together with the regulator is installed inside the tank, the fuel is supplied to the engine through one line.
- Gasoline is supplied through one tube and returned through the other. The fuel system check valve is located on the rail.
- The circuit without a mechanical regulator provides for the electronic control of the fuel pump directly. The system has a special sensor that records the pressure, the pump performance is regulated by the controller.
In the first case, the return flow is very short, since the valve and the electric pump are interlocked into a single unit. The RTD, standing immediately after the supercharger, dumps excess gasoline into the tank, and the required pressure is maintained in the entire supply line.
The second option is used in most foreign cars. A valve built into the fuel rail bypasses excess fuel to the return line leading to the tank. That is, 2 gasoline pipes are laid to the power unit.
It makes no sense to consider the third circuit. instead of a regulator, there is a sensor, whose performance is checked using a computer connected to the diagnostic connector.
A simple fuel pressure valve installed in the fuel pump unit consists of the following elements:
- cylindrical body with nozzles for connecting the supply and return line of the mowing line;
- diaphragm connected to the locking rod;
- valve seat;
The amount of pressure in the supply line depends on the elasticity of the spring. While most of the fuel goes into the cylinders (high engine load), it keeps the diaphragm and valve stem closed. When the crankshaft speed and gasoline consumption decrease, the pressure in the network increases, the spring is compressed and the diaphragm opens the valve. The fuel is dumped into the return line, and from there. into the gas tank.
The fuel pressure regulator installed in the rail works in a similar way, but responds more quickly to changes in load and gas mileage. This is facilitated by the connection of an additional element pipe to the intake manifold. The higher the crankshaft revolutions and the vacuum from the spring side, the more the diaphragm presses the rod and closes the fuel passage to the return line. When the load decreases and the revolutions fall, the vacuum decreases and the rod releases. the flow to the return line opens and the excess gasoline is dumped into the tank.
Take a regular tester, and if not, take a car bulb with wires attached. Now we need to detect your device. If the fuel pump is remote, then it is located somewhere near the tank. If submersible, find the output terminals (usually under the rear seat). Further:
- turn on the ignition;
- touch the voltmeter probes or wires from the lamp to the contacts;
- if the readings of the device correspond to 12-12.5 volts or the light is on, then the voltage is supplied to the pump.
Signs of a malfunction of the fuel pump
An important call that something is wrong with the gas pump is a violation of the smooth running of the car, which begins to twitch when driving. In some cases, and at idle speed, the engine can also malfunction. Naturally, you need to know thoroughly how to check a gas pump in this situation.
An increase in engine start time or the inability to do this may also be a sign that the fuel pump is not working correctly, that is, it does not create the required pressure level. Natural in such a situation is to check the fuel pump for possible leaks.
How to check a gas pump
Checking the pressure of the fuel pump is one of the urgent tasks that all motorists have to solve. However, not all of them know how to check a gas pump as quickly and clearly as possible. See the video “How to check a fuel pump on a VAZ 2110 (injector)” below.
Methods for checking the fuel pump
You can check the fuel pump using a pressure gauge. It is connected directly to the fuel rail, and the device itself is displayed at the same time to the windshield of the car (they do this under the edge of the hood).
As soon as the ignition is turned on, it is necessary to take the pressure gauge readings (they should not exceed 380 kPa, and be less than 300 kPa). After accelerating the car (it will be optimal to do this up to 3rd gear), again you need to take the pressure gauge readings, which, with a working gas pump, should not vary much, and go beyond the specified range.
In the case when the car stalls while driving, first of all, check the relay on the gasoline pump. This procedure consists of connecting a special light bulb to the fuel pump connector. After that, turn on the ignition. If, for a few seconds, the light is on, then the fuel pump relay is working properly.
If fuel starts leaking, then you just need to change filters or gaskets. It may also require replacement of the diaphragm, or, in rare cases, valves.
Remember to be extremely careful when working with the fuel system. It is best to immediately go to specialists who know exactly how to check a gas pump quickly and efficiently.
How to Replace the Fuel Line in Your Grass Trimmer Video: Tool Repair Help from Sears Home Services
How to check a gas pump
Fuel filter location
Although most Chevrolet models use typical fuel filters, their location may vary. For example, in Lacetti and Niva the filter is located directly under the fuel tank, while in Aveo it is mounted in the engine compartment near the fuel pump.
Disconnecting the fuel line
The outgoing tube has a white retainer with a special tongue that opens the lock. This tab must be pry off with a thin screwdriver and the tip is moved, after which the filter can be easily removed. Be very careful when removing the tubes: plastic can be quite fragile due to drying out.
Removing the filter cover
The fuel filter is installed, as a rule, in a protective casing, which, together with the cage, is tightened with an M6 bolt. In the same place, a black ground wire is connected. The bolt must be unscrewed using a 10 socket wrench, remove the ring terminal and loose the casing. It is not necessary to bend the metal bracket: it is easier to pull out the filter by pulling on its back.
- How to change a fuel filter on a Chevrolet
- How to replace the fuel filter
- How to replace a fuel filter on a vase
The fuel filter can be changed even in the field. Of course, it is preferable to carry out repair work on the inspection pit, it is much more convenient that way. But if it is not possible to drive into a pit or overpass, you can lift the rear of the car by coasting, or work from a pallet.
Before starting work, you will need to relieve pressure from the fuel system. To do this, remove the fuel pump fuse from the mounting block, start the engine and let it stall due to lack of gasoline.
How to change a fuel filter on a Chevrolet
Installing a new filter
Insert the new filter into the holder and connect the supply and return hoses to it. Fixation occurs with slight pressure, a click should be heard, indicating that the lock connection has closed. When the tubes are connected, the filter is closed with a casing, the ground wire terminal is put on the clamping bolt, after which the latter is tightened with a little effort.
The pressure in the fuel system need not be released, but in this case a small amount of gasoline will drain from the hose, which may cause an unpleasant smell in the cabin. If the clips are broken, you will need to purchase new factory-made hoses. Wire or band clamps are not permitted.
Advantages of buying fuel hoses (sleeves) from Ganza-Flex (Ukraine)
Oil and fuel hoses
How to choose a fuel hose (hose): types and specifications
All pipelines designed to work with fuel differ from each other structurally. Most RVDs have the same design: the presence of an inner, outer and intermediate layers. The outer layer of hoses for fuel systems can be made from:
- Modified NBR rubber. Hoses made of this material are used in systems of drilling rigs for transporting crude oil.
- Black CR mixes. It is used in the manufacture of hoses for moving fluid petroleum products on oil rigs (pipelines have a large inner diameter). Hoses made of this material are used to transport aviation fuel.
- Synthetic rubber. Products are used primarily at gas stations. The design of such hoses provides for the presence of a copper wire, which ensures the safety of electrical conductivity.
- CR / NBR rubbers. Hoses are used in equipment for pumping diesel fuel, fuel with methanol.
- Steel braid. Hoses with a metal outer layer are used in a variety of fuel and oil equipment and are considered versatile (although this is not entirely true).
- Polyester braid. Sleeves with a polyester outer layer are used in systems of vehicles, motorcycles, mopeds, garden equipment.
Requirements for the quality characteristics of the outer layer of the fuel hose: resistance to abrasion, deformation, weathering, ozone, oily liquids, oils. Self-extinguishing rubber is used in the manufacture of fuel hoses for water transport (yachts, boats, ships).
Any fuel hose, regardless of its purpose, has a reinforcing structure. It gives the product strength, stability, skeleton and is of several types:
- Outer steel braid.
- Stainless steel outer braid.
- High strength synthetic fabric.
- Textile braid (intermediate).
- Synthetic cord.
- Steel spiral.
- Polyester cord.
- Steel braid.
In some sleeves, reinforcement types are combined.
The inner layer of the fuel lines must be compatible with the working environment. Depending on this, it differentiates into:
- Rubber (NBR, NBR / PVC).
Also, the inner layer can be made from a mixture of rubbers and have antistatic properties.
Fuel hose specifications:
- Hose type. They are divided into universal, distribution, transporting. Depending on the functions, the hoses are pressure, pressure-suction, pressure.
- Appointment. The descriptive part of the technical documentation indicates for which equipment the pipeline is suitable (for example, for fuel systems of equipment, for refueling cars with gas, etc.)
- Design features. This is information about the material of the inner and outer layers of the reinforcing structure.
- Working temperature. Temperature range indicated.
- Index. The manufacturer often makes fuel hoses of different sizes, but with the same operating parameters.
- Diameter. In the table of values, there is an indication of the inner and outer diameters. Internal characterizes the throughput of the sleeve.
- Operating pressure. Depending on the purpose of the hose and its size, the working pressure may vary. Burst pressure is also indicated.
- The weight. For some activities, the weight of the fuel hose is important, so this information is also available.
- Bend radius and standard length.
- Acceptable operating media.
- Vacuum pressure (the parameter is specified for delivery and suction hoses).
The service life of the fuel hose directly depends on how correctly it is selected, whether it meets the technical parameters of the equipment, whether it is compatible with the working environment, and in what mode it is operated. Absolutely all equipment containing fuel requires compliance with safety regulations and timely repairs. Otherwise, accidents may occur.