How to Choose a Gasoline Trimmer?
With the development of suburban construction, trimmers are becoming increasingly popular: compact lawn mowers, necessary for weed control, grass mowing, gardening. This convenient thing allows you to take care of the site, destroying any amount of excess vegetation. Several degrees of safety guarantee the user protection against damage and injuries.
Petrol trimmer. This is a compact lawn mower that works with a gasoline engine located at the bottom of the appliance. Grass mowing is carried out due to the working part, presented in the form of a blade knife, fishing line or other device. In addition to gasoline, such a trimmer needs refueling with engine oil. Its most important advantages are lightness, compactness, ease of use.
The main parameters of the device
- Power and type of engine. The wider the trimmer, the stronger the motor and the higher the fuel consumption. The engine can be lightweight (1 hp and below), simple (within 1-3 hp) and reinforced (over 3 hp). A two-stroke engine is much cheaper than a four-stroke engine, but more difficult to maintain, since to start it is necessary to mix engine oil and gasoline. Their service life is relatively less. A four-stroke engine is more complicated, respectively, its repair will be more expensive, but it has compartments for fuel and oil, and the noise and emissions are much lower.
- Working (cutting) part. For mowing grass, blade blades are used (suitable for eliminating any weeds, shrubs), as well as nylon fishing line. The second option is more affordable and safe, but its life is much lower. This part of the device needs periodic replacement and is a consumable.
- Instrument handles and stabilization system. Professional devices are equipped with a control system resembling a bicycle wheel, which provides control of the device and ease of use. Buttons are at hand, and this makes the job much easier. Household trimmers are equipped with a ring-shaped handle, which is less convenient. Buttons are located on the bar, so reaching them is a bit more difficult. The stabilization (anti-vibration) system is designed to reduce the burden on the hands, as blood vessels burst from constant oscillation.
- Cutting width. The larger this parameter, the higher labor productivity. However, trimmers with a small cutting width are required for delicate work.
- Gas tank volume. The capacious capacity allows you to work longer without refueling, but it makes the device heavier.
- Additional options. The devices are equipped with convenient devices for starting the engine (for example, a decompression valve or a spring starter). Removable nozzles will help to change tactics in the fight against unwanted thickets, achieving greater success when servicing your site. Compression I have convenient devices to start the engine (for example, uki, as vessels burst from constant oscillation.
Determine what types of gas trimmers are
1. Household trimmers. The most common devices for mowing ordinary grass, which grows in any area. They have a two-stroke engine with low power (about 1 hp) and are characterized by low weight. Such devices are compact and most often have a flexible shaft. This, in turn, provides a high level of maneuverability, but a short service life. The buttons are located on the bar, so to turn on and off you have to remove your hand from the handle. This is a good solution for domestic needs, but for more serious tasks it is completely unsuitable. As a rule, there are additional items in the configuration (gloves, mask), and this is a very pleasant trifle. It can be used without stopping for no more than 20-30 minutes, after which a short break (10-15 minutes) should be taken to cool the engine.
Video: How to Choose a Gasoline Trimmer?
pros. Flexible shaft (maneuverability, lightness), low weight, reasonable price, compactness, the ability to replace consumables.
Minuses. Inconvenient arrangement of control buttons, high noise level, short service life, weak working part, thin metal casing, many models are not disassembled, they do not have an anti-vibration system, limited scope of use (you can only mow grass), non-stop operation at short time intervals (20.30 minutes), filling gasoline with oil (in a certain proportion, as a rule. 1:40).
2. Professional trimmers. Such devices have a shoulder strap, additional protection from the working part, reinforced engine. Its power is more than 3 hp, respectively, the level of fuel and oil consumption is much higher. Instead of nylon fishing line, a screw knife is used, which cuts not only grass, but also small bushes, thick weeds. The anti-vibration system allows you to reduce the load on the hands, protecting them from overvoltage and, accordingly, from unpleasant physical sensations. There are also disadvantages, the most important of which is the high price of the solution. It is necessary to carefully monitor the motor, to avoid emergency operation, as during overload the engine may fail. After use, it is advisable to clean the device by removing any residual grass.
Professional trimmer at work
pros. A straight shaft (provides a long service life and ease of use), an anti-vibration system (eliminates such problems as overstrain of limbs during operation), convenient location of control buttons, shoulder strap, low noise (for four-stroke engines), various oil compartments and gasoline, the ability to install a cutter knife (for cutting thin trees or thick bushes).
Minuses. The need for careful maintenance of the tool, expensive maintenance and repair, increased consumption of gasoline and engine oil.
3. Universal trimmers. Such devices are an intermediate solution between household and professional models. Engine power is in the range of 1-3 hp, and this is enough not only to combat unwanted grass, but also to trim thin bushes, young weeds. The working part can be made both in the form of a three-blade knife, and in the form of a nylon fishing line. As a rule, such a device is oriented to service a large area, but its own, and not for professional work. You need to take breaks with almost the same frequency as when using a domestic solution. But the maintenance costs are comparable to professional models. Fuel and oil consumption is at an acceptable level, but it also needs to be mixed when serving.
pros. The device is notable for its average price, acceptable fuel consumption, long service life, and versatility.
Minuses. The device requires careful maintenance, oil is poured with gasoline, the noise level is very high, and the anti-vibration system is usually absent.
4. Lawn Mower. Professional models, adapted for the most serious tasks, strongly resemble ordinary trimmers. But, unlike them, devices are able to cope with a very difficult job: cutting thick bushes and young trees. This is achieved through a powerful engine (over 3 hp) and a series of nozzles, including a metal knife and a spool of polyamide thread. The rest of the device is completely duplicated by a professional trimmer: there is also a shoulder girdle, and control from the handle, and an anti-vibration system. But with this set of advantages, there are certain disadvantages: a very high price, the need for periodic after-sales service, and extremely expensive repairs. This solution is suitable for processing a vast territory and daily work, including many hours of non-stop labor.
Petrol trimmer-lawn mower (brushcutter) MATRIX BMS 1150
pros. The presence of several nozzles, a wide scope of use, low noise, high power, the possibility of long non-stop operation, full versatility, shoulder strap, convenient control directly from the handle, straight shaft (high strength and reliability).
Minuses. Very high cost, constant service, high oil and gas consumption, heavy weight.