How to Choose an Electric Grass Trimmer
Many owners of private houses and cottages carefully care for the personal plot. When the active growth of grass begins, the need for a special technique appears. The modern market offers a choice of lawn mowers, lawn mowers, electric trimmers. The latter compares favorably with an affordable price; therefore, a steady demand for them remains. Electric trimmers are particularly effective in small areas where it is easy to extend the extension cord. But difficulties arise at the purchase stage. The range of power tools is very diverse, so a few tips from experts will be relevant and relevant. What parameters should pay the closest attention to?
- First of all, you need to decide on performance. It depends on the power and speed of the motor. For well-groomed areas where you will have to cut growing grass, power up to 1,000 watts will be enough. Chasing high performance is not worth it for another reason. The stronger the engine, the greater the mass of the trimmer.
- The price and ease of use are affected by the location of the engine. Cheap low-power models have a lower motor position. But in this design there are serious disadvantages, for example, clogging with grass and poor cooling.
- For models with an overhead engine, shoulder straps will be essential equipment. Unfortunately, not all manufacturers complete trimmers with these accessories.
- Electric braids differ in the shape of the handle. Lightweight devices are equipped with D-shaped holders that give maneuverability to the trimmer. And more powerful units are controlled by a handle in the shape of a bicycle steering wheel.
Our review got the best electric trimmers. When compiling the rating, criteria such as:
Table of Contents:
The best low-cost electric trimmers
If you want to mechanize your work, but are constrained in the means, electric trimmers from this category are what you need. All of them cope with the task perfectly, but at the same time they have their own characteristics. Let’s look at three popular budget models and decide which one is the best.
5 Monferme 21327M
Convenient and stylish Monferme 21327M trimmer is created for comfortable mowing of lawns. French engineers made the device not only beautiful in appearance, but also functional. The model has a lower engine layout, whose power is 500 watts. A distinctive feature of the trimmer is a 4-position adjustment of the mowing angle. The manufacturer also provided for the possibility of using the device for people with different growths. The length of the bar is easily changed, which allows you to choose the most comfortable grip of the D-shaped handle.
Video: How to Choose an Electric Grass Trimmer
4 Hammer ETR900
An excellent garden trimmer is the Hammer ETR900. The affordable price of the Chinese device goes well with high power (950 watts). The electric braid is very convenient to use due to its compactness. With a bevel width of 35 cm, grass can be cut in the narrowest places of the garden or between the beds of the garden. The top location of the engine prevents moisture from entering the electrical part of the unit. The manufacturer equipped the model with a bicycle-type handle, which makes the work comfortable and less tiring. Moving the handle along the bar, you can adjust the mount to fit your height.
The manufacturer also took care of the operator’s safety. There is protection against accidental startup in the form of a two-button switch. The casing is precisely located in the work area, the grass does not fall on the clothes and shoes of the employee. The kit also includes a knife for mowing weeds and small bushes.
3 Huter GET-600
GET-600 electric trimmers are assembled in China under license from the German company Huter. The tool captivates with a low cost, in comparison with famous brands. But whether it is necessary to pay twice, as the saying goes? Let’s get it right.
The lower engine rotates on the bar, 180 degrees. But unlike the previous model, the GET-600 is equipped with a wheel, which makes vertical mowing more convenient.
D-shaped telescopic handle allows you to increase the length of the trimmer from 100 to 120 cm. Adjustable in height and an additional handle.
Attention! We want to warn you, in the first models the design of the cutting head was unsuccessful and often failed. Manufacturers took this into account, but such models are still on sale. So be careful. In new models, the head device was simplified, now to remove it you only need to unscrew 1 bolt. In the old version, it was mounted on a shaft, and so that an attempt to remove it led to the final destruction.
- Excellent performance for its power, mows almost everything, a good choice for a summer residence;
- Lightweight and compact;
- There is a wheel for vertical mowing;
- Height adjustable;
- Good value for money.
- A large percentage of marriage in the first trimmer models;
- Poor native fishing line.
2 Makita UR3000
Japanese company Makita is a brand that has long been synonymous with quality. And the UR3000 confirms this. The motor of this electric trimmer rotates around an axis 180 degrees. This feature makes it easy to align the edges of the lawn and cut grass around the bushes and flower beds.
Cutting head with a metal tip to extend its life. The fishing line is served semi-automatically. That is, for its release, you need to easily hit the ground with a steel tip of the cutting head, the excess will be cut off by the knife on the protective cover.
A sliding rod with a reach of 240 mm and an additional handle, adjustable in height, will allow you to customize the tool for yourself. A fuse button protects against accidental starting. Weighs Makita UR3000 with a length of 126 cm, only 2.6 kg. The model implements fixing the power cord in the extension cord. Another of the nice little things, safety glasses and a shoulder strap included.
- High-quality assembly;
- Height adjustable bar;
- You can turn the engine 180 degrees;
- Light weight;
- Shoulder strap and safety glasses included;
- Fixing the power cord.
- Sticking grass to the protective cover.