How to Choose the Professional Or Household Petrol Trimmer
- type of vegetation for mowing: lawn grass, perennials, shrubs;
- the area of the plot for mowing, relief features;
- trimmer weight commensurate with the weight category of the pigtail;
- which gasoline engine is preferable to use: two- or four-stroke;
- view of the cutting tool of a gasoline unit;
- what shape the handle will be most convenient when working;
- The amount of money that a person agrees to pay for the instrument.
Attention! Trimmers are divided into amateur household and professional, which differ in power, performance, functionality, weight.
When to use a household gas trimmer
A trimmer with a two-stroke gasoline engine has the following technical characteristics:
- Power up to 2 horsepower allows you to mow grass from a plot of 5-10 acres.
- Continuous operation of the tool. 20-40 minutes, then the trimmer needs air cooling for 10-15 minutes.
- The weight of the device is 2-3 kg, plus the volume of gasoline from 0.5 to 1.5 liters.
- Often the bar of a household tool is curved to conveniently mow vegetation in hard-to-reach places. A folding system is used to comfortably transport the product.
- The trimmer control is located on the bar, access to which is sometimes limited.
- Several types of handles are used, you can choose the most convenient option.
- The gasoline used to operate a two-stroke engine must be pre-mixed with engine oil, usually in a 1:50 ratio. It is recommended that you carefully read the instructions before using the tool. Gasoline and oil are used of a certain brand, strictly according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. If you do not comply with the dosage, the trimmer will work for a much shorter period.
- The design is equipped with two types of cutting tools. a nylon line and a metal circular knife. The thickness of the fishing line is selected depending on the stiffness of the grass stems on the site.
Video: How to Choose the Professional Or Household Petrol Trimmer
It is better for women and retirees to choose a household gas trimmer
Weak mowers use the trimmer for domestic use: women, senior citizens, people with poor health. The price of the tool is almost 2 times cheaper than that of professional models.
When is it profitable to use professional models of Lawn Mower
A four-stroke gasoline Lawn Mower weighs 5-7 kg, a fuel tank holds 0.5-1.5 liters of gasoline. Separate containers are provided for mixing oil and fuel, which occurs automatically. To redistribute the weight of the braid, the delivery set includes straps for attaching the structure to the back. Without work experience, a person of average build can mow grass from a plot of 10 acres in 5-6 hours of continuous labor.
The power gasoline trimmer can be used by hardy people with a strong physique: working for several hours in a row, carrying a tool weighing 6-10 kg, is quite difficult.
Professional models are designed to mow grass in large areas:
- haymaking in rural areas;
- gentrification of the territory of large enterprises;
- farm work to provide herbal cattle feed.
As a cutting tool is used:
- kapron fishing line of various thicknesses and cross-sections is selected depending on engine power: the more horsepower is concentrated in the motor. the thicker the fishing line is required;
- plastic knives;
- metal knives and discs with a different number of teeth.
Professional petrol trimmers suitable for work in large areas
Features of using drives
The cutting tool varies in thickness, diameter, material and structure. Each type of work corresponds to a specific knife:
- A knife with two blades is suitable for mowing young grass with juicy stems.
- If the grass is tough with perennials, then it is better to use a tool with three teeth.
- High thickets are better treated with a knife with four teeth.
- 8 serrated knife is used when mowing hay, long-term work without interruption.
- A disk with 40 teeth easily mows not only grassy vegetation, but also young growth of trees with a trunk thickness of up to 3 cm.
- The strongest disk with 80 teeth can remove shrubs with branches up to 4 cm in diameter.
Professional models of gasoline trimmers are equipped with a protective cover made of shockproof material, which serves as an additional guarantee of labor safety.
For the convenience of mowing, two types of handles are used: U. shaped and D. shaped. The former are used over a wide area, and the latter are convenient if you need to mow in inaccessible places.
Pros and Cons of a Petrol Trimmer
Positive qualities of the gas trimmer:
- can be mowed in any inaccessible places;
- ease of management;
- mowing speed, minimal physical costs;
- a wide selection of models that can satisfy any customer demand.
- noise during operation;
- exhaust air pollution;
- the weight of the structure is beyond the power of many users.