How to Clean a Stihl Chainsaw Video
During the operation of a tool such as a chainsaw, its owner often encounters a number of problems, one of which is clogging of the carburetor. This can happen if the chainsaw is refueled with low-quality gasoline or if foreign debris enters the fuel tank. In order to clean the chainsaw carburetor, you must first disassemble it.
We clean correctly
To clean the chainsaw efficiently, the following tools will be required:
- Phillips and flat head screwdrivers
- wrenches with heads of different sizes,
- special cleaning compound, cleaning cloth,
- ultrasonic cleaner.
A set of tools can be seen in the photo.
The chainsaw carburetor should be cleaned according to the following algorithm:
- First you need to drain the remaining fuel from the fuel tank. We remove the chainsaw cover by unscrewing the fasteners. We take out the filter and disassemble the housing by removing the nuts and clips if necessary.
- Remove the fuel mixture supply hose from its retainer, unscrew the fasteners of the upper carburetor cover. Then we remove the top cover and the blue gasket. this is the membrane of the fuel pump. To the left of the body are the spring clamps, remove them, and then the screws. It is advisable to sign the details and schematically fix the places from which they were removed so as not to confuse anything at the time of assembly.
- Remove the bottom cover of the carburetor, unscrew the screw and remove the needle valve and spring under it. Then, with a longitudinal force, remove the air damper and its axis.
- Remove the throttle damper, drive lever and throttle axis.
- We lay out all the removed carburetor parts on a flat surface and conduct an inspection for integrity. Parts with a high degree of wear must be replaced with new ones.
- Using a specialized cleaning agent, wash the parts and dry them with a lint-free cloth. Tubes must be purged under pressure using a pump.
- To achieve the maximum effect, you can clean the carburetor on the Stihl chainsaw using a special bath cleaner, which is based on the cavitation effect. The bathtub is filled with diesel fuel, the carburetor parts are immersed in it for several minutes. At the end, dry the parts using a pump.
Video: How to Clean a Stihl Chainsaw Video
A detailed video with the cleaning process will help you get the job done right.
After all the products are dried, it is necessary to assemble the carburetor. Typically, the detergent evaporates completely in a day. It is better to wait a day after cleaning, since the remnants of detergents on the parts can get into the fuel compartment, and toxic gases will be released during combustion.
Another important nuance associated with disassembling the chainsaw is that it is extremely necessary to install and adjust the needle of the needle valve, otherwise the chainsaw may not start. To check the correct installation of the petal, you can use the blade. Having set it on top, we look how much the petal rotates freely. If there are no problems, then everything is in order. you can continue the assembly. If stroke problems still arise, then the petal must either be crushed or an edge bent on it.
How to clean the chainsaw filter
Cleaning the Husqvarna chainsaw filter may be necessary after each use. The cleaning process itself, depending on how dirty the filter is, can be done in two ways:
- A mechanical cleaning method that involves purging a filter.
- At a higher degree of contamination, the filter is washed in soapy water.
Important! It is forbidden to wash the filter in aggressive solutions: gasoline, diesel fuel, acetone.
How to clean a muffler on a chainsaw
Timely cleaning of the chainsaw muffler can seriously extend the life of the tool. There are several causes of muffler contamination:
- long service life
- low quality of the filled oil,
- incorrect carb settings.
To check the condition of the muffler, it is necessary to dismantle it and look inside. If you need to remove the silencer on a Stihl chainsaw, you need to remove the silencer fasteners, the silencer itself, the plate and the reflector.
If you find a deposit inside the muffler, then this problem is solved in two ways:
- Mechanical method (cleaning is carried out using brushes, sandpaper and special tools). This path is possible if the silencer is disassembled.
- In the case of a non-separable muffler, special cleaning compounds are used in which the muffler is soaked for several hours.
By correctly performing all the steps, you can easily clean the chainsaw, extend the life of the tool and protect yourself during operation.