How to cut a barrel from the fuel oil
How to wash off the diesel from the barrel.
The question is not as difficult as it is time-consuming. The fact that with a similar problem are faced not only by the inhabitants of rural areas and cottagers. Imagine the scale of the oil refining industry, and they face this trouble on a professional basis.Traditionally, the railway tanks from under the black oil products are cleaned by steaming, followed by washing. the process is dangerous and quite time consuming. It’s perfectly acceptable for your barrel. How to do it?It is possible to take a simple way. Make two supporting walls of bricks so that you can set the barrel on them, and between them there is room for a fire pit. Pour exactly enough water in the barrel to boil enough time. While the water is boiling, hot steam will accumulate in the barrel and the fuel oil will flow down the walls into the water due to the high temperature. Do not screw the cork in for safety purposes, you can only cover the neck slightly after the water in the barrel has boiled over long enough, let it cool down to a temperature that will not cause burns, and pour the dirty water into a container prepared for this purpose. The thing is, one time is often not enough, and you have to repeat this procedure.Caustic soda can be added to water, but it is better to use a modern, specially created for such purposes tool called UPTS-2002. It is light green, completely soluble in water, non-flammable, non-toxic, non-abrasive, non-carcinogenic. Degradable to water and carbon dioxide. Provides highly effective washing and degreasing of containers at a temperature of 30-50 °. Dissolves liquid hydrocarbon compounds (oil and all oil products, lubricants, preservatives) with the formation of a washing solution on the surface, which easily removes the oil and grease film.By the way, this product has found use even in the tanning industry. When dressing leather, it achieves the maximum removal of fat without damaging its structure. In addition, produced a technical detergent SOFEX-TMS-2001. It, depending on its application, is divided into three grades: A, B, C. Grade B is designed for tank cleaning of petroleum products.
Calycerine is used quite extensively in the professional sphere, as well as in everyday life. The most fervent “buyers” of diesel fuel are, in fact, the motorists. One can only imagine what their wives and mothers have to deal with when washing clothes, but most of them still know how to wash off diesel fuel and not to throw things in the trash.
At home, some housewives, choosing “grandmother’s ways”, apply hydrochlorine to get rid of rust. But with what to wash the very oil ? Probably many in a situation where diesel fuel fell on your clothes or shoes and asked how to wash it. Clean the fuel stain from clothes is not too difficult, often it is allowed to do it at home. Try soaking the cloth with dish detergent. 2. Use degreasers from reputable manufacturers. 3. If you planted the stain on a clean cloth, it is allowed to remove through a solution of ammonia and water. The ratio should be 1:8. 4. Use gasoline to wash dirty wool fabrics, or warm water and laundry soap for cotton fabrics. 5. In some cases, the use of an ordinary detergent helps. 6. If you stained clothes from delicate fabrics or primitive do not want to bother with stains at home, contact a dry cleaner. You will strictly help. Only in this case it is necessary to consider that in advance the stain itself cannot be removed by anything. 7. On footwear rinse stains of diesel fuel is not recommended. Dry your shoes and leave them in the fresh air until the smell evaporates. 8. On any other surface, it is recommended to wash off diesel fuel with gasoline or dishwashing detergent, which is a great way to remove grease. 9. The main problem with diesel fuel is the smell. To remove the stain is not difficult, but with the smell can only fight time and airing in the street, because diesel is a substance that requires a lot of time to evaporate. Motorists do not mind such a smell, tea smell of diesel and gasoline. the smell of a true motorist. But housewives should think about whether to get rid of rust with such a “pesky-smelling” method.
How to Clean a Barrel of Antifreeze. Cleaning of drums, with what and how to clean (clean drums) Home Q&A Cleaning of drums, with what and how to clean (clean drums)
If you got a barrel (or bought on the cheap barrel from fuel and lubricants) and you want to keep in the economy.
Usually such barrels want to use as a reservoir for water, but at the same time it is necessary to somehow completely clean the inner container of an iron barrel of all foreign substances.
Cleaning a drum from combustibles and lubricants
First of all, it is worth finding out what constitutes “fuels and lubricants”.
combustibles and lubricants is a combustible and lubricating material, a synonym for this acronym is the word “petrochemicals”.
To combustibles and lubricants include flammable products and lubricants (which are often used in the automotive sphere).
Combustible (or should I say fuel) can be divided into:
In turn, lubricants are divided into:
Cleaning drums from oil products
Petroleum product drums are usually cleaned by steaming and rinsing.
How to do it? Simple enough, but this method is quite dangerous and requires caution.
- From the brick set two wall supports, put the barrel on them (under the barrel will be the fire).
- Fill the barrel with a sufficient amount of water (the water should boil for a long time).
- It is not necessary to close the cork.
- When the water will boil, steam will accumulate in it, and thanks to it the fuel oil (or other substance) will simply flow into the water.
- You can only cover with a cork (just cover, not screw) after the water boils and will gradually cool down.
- Wait until the barrel cools down.
- Take the cooled barrel and pour the dirty water into the container.
- If you are not satisfied with the result, repeat the process (usually one time is not enough to properly clean the surface).
Now consider the substances and products that can help clean the barrel.
Caustic soda. which can be added to the water.
UPTS.2002. a substance that effectively washes and degreases containers at temperatures between 30 and 50 (the temperature of the water in the barrel). It also acts as a solvent for oil, grease and other substances.
SOFEX-TMS-2001 is a detergent of general purpose, it is divided into several brands, but for cleaning of containers from traces of petroleum products it is better to use grade B.
Clean oil, gasoline and diesel fuel from the barrel using improvised methods
Most often, gasoline and oil are cleaned with gasoline (and then you get rid of the gasoline smell).
The gasoline itself is usually washed away with a lot of water.
Method 2. Washing barrels of oil wash with a soapy solution, followed by a rinse with water, for water is a little unsuitable, but for the compost just right.
Method 3. Cut off the top cover of the barrel from the oil, and put some wood inside (you can use branches of medium thickness). Light the branches. the fire will remove all traces of oil. After that we have a hot barrel. we need to wait until it cools down.
Now we have a barrel clean of oil, but now we have a barrel, which without additional coating and maintenance will soon turn into a rusty barrel. We take a kilo of cement and mix it with 0.5 liters of milk. We put the mixture on the inside of the car and leave it to dry for a couple of days.
You can paint on top of this mixture with water-dispersion paint to improve the quality, although even without it you will already have a quality, clean water barrel.
Method 4. First wipe with newspaper (or a rag) then rinse with a soapy solution.
Something’s on fire? Park and film the vid!
September 2020. Both passengers survived.
Response to the post “Application for Entry.
This isn’t the League of Dumbasses anymore. It’s a safety violation league.
I’m in a bit of a similar situation. Summer, in my grandmother’s village in Mordovia, I, a 14-year-old kid, resting. The roof covered with roofing felt started to leak, and the family decided to patch the holes by sealing them with bitumen. Accordingly, a piece of bitumen in a stove pot, and on the fire. My uncle scooped up the first portion, lifted it onto the roof, and smeared it on. I’m standing by the fire. Suddenly, the bitumen in the piggy bank catches fire! I grab a bucket of water for irrigation and shit in the bitumen. Who remembers the video “what happens if you pour boiling oil with plain water”, it was more sideways than upward. A flare-up of fire, almost an explosion. I managed to jump back and cover my face with my hand like a block. Total. third-degree burns on my right hand the size of the palm of my hand. Ten years later, it’s still a different skin to the touch. It looks fine. You have to obey safety rules, they’re written in blood. Don’t pour water on petroleum products, it will be worse.
Will the gas tank catch fire if you saw it with an angle grinder?
Safety precautions. it’s a thing that exists in many areas of our lives. It’s a must, especially when we’re talking about cars. After all, they, as familiar and simple as they may seem to us, are full of dangers. First of all, because they’re fueled by combustible fuel. So the question is what happens if you get sloppy and try to saw the gas tank with an angle grinder?
This is quite a dangerous experiment, so the guys from the YouTube channel “Garage 54” took up for its implementation, because they have more than once spun something similar. By the way, for that they had left their permanent bases and went to the pit, so that in case of an explosion or a serious ignition no one would get hurt.
The essence of the experiment was very simple. The guys took the fuel tanks and poured there in turns different fuel: gasoline and diesel. Next to the tank, they made a holder for the angle grinder, so that under the force of gravity it itself would press down and cut a hole. The only thing left for the experimenters was to plug everything in and watch.
Curiously enough, a full tank of gasoline. had absolutely no effect at all. the angle grinder just sawed it off, that’s all. The result was the same with fuel oil. over, even partially emptying the tanks to increase the amount of explosive vapors. also had no effect. Even with a half-empty tank, the angle grinder was just cutting metal. See for yourself:
This story was told to me by an acquaintance who had just come back from the army.This story relates to an incident that happened last summer to an old soldier in a military unit near Moscow.In the motor pool, the “elephants” were digging a ditch, and they had a prisoner named Vasya (let’s call him that, since I didn’t get the real name) to watch over them.It was summer in the heat. Vasya was a king on top of a 200-liter barrel of diesel. Because of the heat all his clothes consisted of wide family shorts, a panama hat, and boots. The glorious breeze was faintly blowing his “jewels” almost out of his underpants.Shouting from time to time at his charges, scratching his balls, Vasili was sweetly dreaming of his coming demobilization. A comrade-in-arms shouted at him, “Well, Vasil, you’ve killed your balls! Probably won’t fit in the barrel either. That prank was the beginning of the whole story.Vasya turned to his friend (it turned out to be a cook in the kitchen) and said: “I bet you half a liter that I’ll put the barrel back in the barrel. The mate agreed and sent one of the elephants for a snack. Vasili pulled down his underpants and stuck his scrotum down the neck of the barrel. Mighty balls slipped inside and the argument was won. But the reckless demob did not take into account the neck of the barrel and the peculiarities of the sides of his genitals.The eggs slipped easily into the barrel, but when he tried to pull them out, they wedged together in the neck and got firmly stuck, causing intolerable pain to their owner. Vasya howled in fright.They immediately remembered the 911 program and brought sunflower oil from the kitchen. But even after a lot of oiling, the barrel wouldn’t let him out of its grip. Somebody frowned at the suggestion to do a circumcision. There’s nothing to do. They sent for the Porpoise.The warrant officer almost laughed when he saw this picture. Imagine a man sitting in a 200 liter barrel with his underpants off, his scrotum stuck in the barrel, his belly and penis shiny with sunflower oil, a glove on his penis, in addition. (The sun began to get very hot and the hot metal of the barrel began to burn the tender spot. here’s the way it is).
Having recovered from a fit of laughter the warrant officer sent for an “angle grinder” to cut a hole in the side and push in one by one his “balls” from below. But then it came to Vasya that the barrel has a couple of diesel fumes and start cutting “angle grinder”, can so burst. not only without a sock, but also without a head.At the end of it all, one of the “elephants” with a hand drill made a hole in the side, and Vasya was released. This foolishness of his, he’ll probably remember for a long time.
P.S. They say mechanics. Do not stick your finger (and something else) in an unfamiliar hole.
How to Clean a Bottle from Machine Oil. How to Clean Machine Oil from Different Surfaces
Many of us have to deal with cars and it happens that oil stains end up on clothes and shoes, on hands and on the carpet. There are professional and popular remedies for cleaning oil stains on various surfaces.
A stain remover can get rid of oil from a garment, but it won’t always get rid of ingrained stains.
An oil stain can be cleaned using a variety of products.
- table salt. Pour a handful of salt on the fresh stain and leave it for five minutes, then remove the salt and add more salt. Repeat these steps until the stain is removed. The salt will draw the oil out of the fabric. After that wash the thing in a soapy solution.
- Instead of salt you can use baking soda to clean the oil from your clothes.
- Fresh stains can be washed with laundry soap or a cloth soaked in a soap solution.
- Dishwashing detergent. Apply dishwashing detergent (any kind) to the oil-stained area and leave it for half an hour to an hour. Then wash the thing in the washing machine.
- Iron. On clothing, on both sides of the oil stain, put a cloth and iron with a hot iron. Oil will melt and be absorbed into wipes. Even old dirt can be removed in this way.
Metal surfaces of cars are washed during repairs using kerosene or diesel fuel.
To clean the metal also use boiling. The detail is immersed in a container of water, pour the soap shavings and boil for 5 minutes, then rinse with water.
Removing oil stains from carpets is more difficult than removing them from clothes, so it’s better to get special tools from a shop.к. It is not always possible to wash it.
The best tool for cleaning carpets are special gels and powders that are diluted in a small amount of water and applied to the soiling. Vacuum the carpet after it is completely dry.
If there are no special tools nearby, you can resort to folk methods.
How to wash grease from the floor. How to wash diesel fuel from clothes
There are a lot of special agents for cleaning the oil, which can cope with the problem quickly and efficiently, but they are usually not at hand and are not cheap. Others. there are in almost every home, in the kitchen or in the medicine cabinet, and sometimes not much inferior to the products of famous brands. Let’s look at some of them.
- table salt. Practically every kitchen has this foodstuff, and besides the well-known culinary qualities it has remarkable cleaning properties. These properties can reach their full potential if the stain is fresh.
- Gasoline. Gasoline can clean many different stains, but you should be careful. not every material can survive such cleaning without consequences. And most importantly: you should not use gasoline, which are sold at gas stations.
- Stain remover. This product is somewhat less common, but a good hostess should have it on a mandatory basis. Its name alone gives hope that it will not be difficult to remove stains. But the effectiveness of such products largely depends on the brand, and more precisely on the price.
- Hydrogen peroxide. Medical preparation, which apart from its antiseptic properties can save from aromatic dark-brown traces of diesel fuel.
- Dish gel. Just like salt, it should be in every kitchen. It is no secret that dishwashing is not limited to its functions. It can also be used for cleaning floors and tiled walls, kitchen equipment, and to remove stains caused by diesel fuel.
- Laundry soap. A truly universal detergent and the most environmentally friendly.
- Baking soda. The alkaline properties of baking soda are especially noticeable when combined with other cleaning ingredients, such as soap or dish detergent.
- Sunflower oil. It would seem that from this product remain stains, which sometimes require considerable effort to get rid of them. But if you take the right approach, it turns out that it is quite effective in the fight against stale traces of diesel oil.
- Ammonia. A medicinal product with outstanding cleaning properties, especially when used in combination.
How to Clean Petrol from Diesel Oil.
The best cleaner is the sump of diesel, 2-3 weeks and it’s as clean as a teardrop!
Gasoline is the system most often used to remove residue from fuel or motor oil.
Important! Gasoline odors are removable with plenty of water.
We suggest using other handy devices to combat the problem of how to clean the barrel of machine oil:
- Dishwashing detergent. This is the easiest and most effective way. Pour hot water into the barrel, then add detergent. Allow the tank to stand for a while, and then drain the dirty water. Household chemistry is an easy way to get rid of grease. If you are not satisfied with the result, repeat the washing procedures. Rinse off residue with plenty of water.
- Sand and sawdust. These substances will also help clean the barrel of machine oil. Put sawdust or sand in the tank to absorb the oil. After. discard the dirty materials and clean the tank with water, adding dishwashing detergent. You can also use laundry soap or detergent as a cleaning tool.
Important! To clean the tank of residual oil you can use newspapers or other paper that can absorb the liquid well, instead of sand or sawdust.
How to clean diesel fuel from the floor. How to wash diesel fuel from clothes
For cleaning of hydrochloride stains there are many special products, which can cope with the problem quickly and efficiently, but they are usually not at hand, and they do not cost a lot. Others. there are in almost every home, in the kitchen or in the medicine cabinet, and are sometimes little inferior to the products of big-name brands. Let’s look at some of them.
- table salt. This food product is present in almost every kitchen and apart from the well-known culinary qualities it has remarkable cleaning properties. These properties can manifest themselves fully if the stain is fresh.
- Gasoline. Gasoline can clean a lot of different stains, but be careful. not every material can survive this kind of cleaning without consequences. And most importantly: you should not use gasoline, which is sold at gas stations.
- Stain remover. This product is somewhat less common, but a good housewife should have it on a mandatory basis. Its name alone gives hope that it won’t be hard to remove a stain. But the effectiveness of such tools largely depends on the brand, but more precisely on the price.
- Hydrogen peroxide. Medical product that, in addition to its antiseptic properties, can save from aromatic dark-brown traces of diesel fuel.
- Dish gel. Just like salt, it should be in every kitchen. It’s no secret that it has more than just dishwashing functions. It can also wash the floor and tiled walls, clean the kitchen appliances, and remove diesel stains.
- Laundry soap. A truly universal detergent, and the most environmentally friendly.
- baking soda. The alkaline properties of baking soda are especially noticeable when combined with other cleaning ingredients, such as soap or dish detergent.
- Sunflower oil. It would seem that from this product remain stains, which sometimes require a lot of effort to get rid of them. But, if you take the right approach, it turns out that it is quite effective in the fight against stale traces of fuel oil.
- Ammonia alcohol. A remedy that has outstanding cleaning qualities, especially when used in combination.
How to Clean Petrol from Diesel Oil.
the best way to get rid of it is to let the oil sludge sit for 2 to 3 weeks and it will be as clean as a teardrop!
The most frequently used method for removing residual oil or diesel fuel is gasoline.
Important! The smell of gasoline is removable with plenty of water.
We propose to use in the fight against the problem of how to clean the barrel of machine oil, and other handy devices:
- Dishwashing detergent. This is the easiest and most effective way. Pour hot water into the barrel and then add detergent. Allow the tank to stand for a while and then drain off the dirty water. Household chemistry can easily handle any grease. If you are not satisfied with the result, repeat the flushing procedure. Rinse off product residue with plenty of water.
- Sand and sawdust. These substances will also help clean the barrel of machine oil. Add the sawdust or sand into the reservoir to absorb the oil. After. throw away the dirty materials and clean the tank with water, adding dishwashing detergent. You can also use laundry soap or detergent as a detergent.
Important! To clean the tank from oil residue, you can use newspaper or other paper that can absorb the liquid well instead of sand or sawdust.
It is important that this equipment be set up by the operator specifically for working with aluminum. This is due to the softness and ductility of the metal. It is also important to choose a low cutting speed (5,000 to 9,000 per minute) and pre-discharge kerosene in the cutting area. Feed. Smooth, neat, so as not to damage the cutter. Advantages and disadvantages are similar to plasma cutter and laser, but the quality of the workpiece is slightly worse.
READ How to Cut Relief Tile with a Tile Cutter
Analogue of a hand saw, but more powerful. It has the following features:
- Performs longitudinal, transverse, slanting cuts;
- This can be seen from anywhere in the preparation (not just from the end);
- Modern devices prevent overheating by timely shutting down or signaling the operator;
- The user can choose the speed depending on the thickness of the workpiece.
- Equipment durability. Metal saw blade (better); Can cut through metal, for better results; Longitudinal, transverse, transverse to deeper layers in the panel. Aluminum);
- Speed of operation;
- The ability to cut at an angle of up to 45 degrees;
- The cost is comparable to more suitable counterparts (end saws for aluminum).
- As a rule, the equipment is bulky and weighs a lot, which complicates the work;
- The price will seem high if the tool is purchased for one-time work;
- Allows you to cut large workpieces (up to 130×65 mm);
- Possibility of angular cutting;
- High speed and precision;
- Accessory availability (300mm saw).
Mitre (pendulum) saw
- Cut straight along and at an angle;
- During the work the user only needs to lower the wings (pendulum) to the preparation and without much effort;
- Reliable fixation of the workpiece in the clamps;
- Ability to work with long aluminum profiles;
- There are models similar to the price range of the disk, but more functional.
For proof of the latter statement, the Makita LF 1000 crosscut saw is reviewed. Its characteristics:
Maximum cutting depth. 68 (at 90 degrees) and 50 mm (at 45 degrees);
- Cutting width. Up to 210 mm;
- Wide working table;
- Up to 2700 r / min;
- Power. 1650W;
- Weight. 32 kg.
- If the aluminum profile is cut unevenly, a hand tool is sufficient. Hacksaws, sanders, and even scissors.
- When working all the time, it makes sense to buy a portable saw, preferably a socket saw, because it is multifunctional. The investment will pay for itself in two to three months.
- Plasma cutting machines or laser systems are necessary for a company involved in the mass production of metal profiles.
In a word, this is all you need to know about cutting aluminum profiles. If you have something to add, share your knowledge in the discussion with this article.
Features of milling aluminum
Aluminum milling allows you to work with products of any configuration, including a helical surface.
The milling machine must be set up to work with aluminum and not with any other metal.
This includes the type of cutter, cutter speed control, and the period of the work plane or cutting tool feed.
These requirements are due to the high ductility of aluminum, because even milling it on CNC machines carries a risk that some defects appear on the surface of the metal, especially in the process of mounting.
Yet CNC milling of aluminum is indispensable if you want to obtain high quality products and increase productivity.
Milling machining of sheet material, using CNC machines, can be used for metal with thickness from 3 mm to 280 mm.
In addition, a numerically controlled machine is ideal for recreating copies of electronic drawings.
The CNC milling machine enables accurate production of parts for various applications with the smallest possible tolerance.
Recently, a CNC 3D milling machine has become in demand.
Such machine allows to obtain finished 3D articles of different configurations, it is used for production of casting forms, different types of advertising signs with volumetric symbols and figures.