How To Cut With A Saw
What to remember
If you are bored to death of the tree on the street behind the fence, and you want to get rid of it, first talk to your local government. The point here is legal collisions. It happens that the territory that begins literally behind the fence of the dacha belongs to the local forestry, and the fine for a tree cut down, felled without a permit, is up to five thousand rubles. The liability of legal entities can exceed 200 thousand rubles.
Where will the tip fall?
First, take an ax in your outstretched hand and stand next to the tree. Go in the direction where you are going to bring down the "baobab" until its silhouette is visually equal in size to the ax. Fix this moment and look under your feet. you are just standing at the very place where the cut tree will fall (more precisely, its top). If you didn’t come across a neighbor’s fence or house along the way, then everything is in order, and you can start working. In the event that something like a power line will inevitably meet on the path of a falling tree, you better immediately change the direction of the tree felling.
How to properly cut an already dumped tree trunk?
Cutting should be started from the most distant branches. Small branches can be chopped off with an ax, or simply cut with a saw. But large pieces are first sawed off from above, and then cut from below. This should be done so that the sawn wood does not tightly clamp the tire of your saw. The same goes for the biggest bitches.
We think it would be useful to remind you that when working, try to put blocks of wood under the tree trunk being sawn so that the tool chain does not touch the ground during operation. Otherwise, it will become dull very quickly, and in especially severe cases it can tear at all, touching and crippling an unlucky lumberjack. So we figured out the "trifle".
Now let’s talk about "mastodons": how to cut down a tree correctly? The technology for felling large trunks is distinguished by some nuances that are of great importance. Carefully follow the sequence of work described by us, as the consequences of not performing them can be severe.
We bring down big trees
Remember what we said about the importance of choosing a stall direction? If you need to cut a tree of "monumental" size, then these rules become even more relevant. In the case when a small branch falls on your head, or on the roof of your house, then there is nothing wrong with that. But in the case when a huge and old poplar collapses on the same surfaces, then nothing good will definitely happen.
After that, go to the opposite side of the tree and make another horizontal cut exactly opposite the first. At the same time, it is extremely important to make sure that it does not reach the first by about 10% of the total thickness of the trunk. Finished?
And now insert a wedge (or a special expander for felling) into the resulting cut. Pounding on it with a sledgehammer or the butt of an ax, we "finish off" the tree, initiating the beginning of its fall. There is also an easier method of felling, which is used by experienced lumberjacks: the tree is cut through (this requires a long tire and a powerful saw), and then the tool begins to advance in the direction that the trunk needs to be dumped. It will turn out to be a half-cut. A wedge is inserted into it in the same way, and the operation that we have already described above is repeated.
How to use a saw correctly?
Immediately, we note that the technique of felling large and small trees is different, and it is difficult not to notice it. The easiest way, as you might guess, is the case with "small things". Therefore, let’s start with her. So, what do you need to do to see a sawn tree at your feet??
First, you need to make a neat cut with a saw in the direction where the trunk is inclined (at least a slight tilt is almost always there). If the tree is perfectly straight, then the cut is made in the direction you plan to dump it. Don’t be zealous! Cutting should be done at 50% of the trunk diameter, and not strive to immediately brush away the tree with one "light movement". If you are using a saw, be sure to let the tool cool down from time to time.
Completion of work
Gently file the trunk on the other side, “grabbing” that moment until it starts to fall. After that, quickly move away from the place where the top of the tree you cut down should fall. If the tree is very small, then it will be easiest to first saw it off at the level of your shoulder, and only then carefully cut the wood piece by piece. Everything, in general.
Features of the saw device
The first feature of the saw is the position of the electric motor, it can be placed both along the device and across. The difference between the saws will be quite noticeable: if the engine is located across, they are wider, if along, they are narrower. It is worth choosing a tool with a transverse engine, because. With this design, there is no need for a gearbox (besides the fact that it is heavy, its repair is not cheap).
The transverse arrangement of the engine in the electric saw
Longitudinal arrangement of the engine in the electric saw
The second feature of the saw is the difference in the cutting parts of the tool, it can be either circular or chain. Circular saws are used for woodworking businesses and are related to stationary saws. As for chainsaws, they are just suitable for a summer residence, since K. Used for short run times.
The third feature is that the price and weight of the tool are almost independent of the engine power. To answer the question that immediately appeared: "Why produce saws of low power, if the price is the same as that of powerful units?", You need to take into account the fact that country wiring, often, cannot cope with electrical appliances of high voltage consumption, as a result knock out "plugs" on the meter and even the failure of all wiring occurs. That is why saw manufacturers create low-power tools that also do their job well and are popular with summer residents.
Saw advantages and disadvantages
The advantages of the saw are as follows:
- The tool does not pollute the environment with harmful gas emissions
- The "petrol relative" of the saw is very noisy, which cannot be said about a unit with an electric motor.
- If the work takes place indoors, the chainsaw will again interfere due to harmful emissions, especially if this room is cramped and unventilated. There are no problems with the saw.
- Relatively light weight of the device
But still, the saw has a lot of disadvantages, including:
- Attachment to the energy source, which means working at a close distance from the outlet
- The need to purchase an expensive professional saw if you need to work with the tool for a long time in continuous mode
- Use of the saw for gardening work only. In case of daily work, it is still recommended to use a chainsaw
- Not so high performance compared to a chainsaw
Saw for a summer cottage: advantages, disadvantages and features of the device. Saw operation tips
How to use the saw correctly?
Since the saw is not a cheap tool, and with careless work it can easily fail, you need to follow a few simple tips from experienced gardeners, namely:
- Do not use the saw for intensive work. It is more suitable for "cosmetic work" in the garden. It is recommended to harvest firewood using chainsaws. If there is an urgent need for intensive work, use the saw in a gentle mode with breaks.
- Due to the fact that the saw is capable of up to 5000 rpm (despite the fact that the chainsaw is capable of approximately 9000 rpm), consider the fact that you will need more time to work with it.
- Bring the saw into a warm room for at least a day with the onset of spring. This should be done due to the fact that in winter time condensation accumulates in the motor winding and a short circuit may occur when turned on. Even experts who repair power tools confirm that most saw breakdowns occur in the spring.
- Monitor the current stability at all times. In no case do not use a saw on holidays, because just at this time there is a lack of voltage in the network and the saw cannot develop the rated power mark, as a result of which it overheats and fails.
- Sharpen the chain after each work with the saw. This is necessary because when a tool with a blunt chain is operating, the harmful effect on the electric motor increases, as a result of which its service life is reduced. over, why work with a saw with a blunt chain? After all, a sharpened chain facilitates sawing wood without the application of great efforts, which makes work fast and comfortable.
The advantage of universal saw models
A universal saw is a very effective purchase for a summer cottage, because. With it, you can quickly cut materials such as:
- Ceramic tiles
- Steel, up to 12 mm thick
Such a saw will not only save on the purchase of some tools (band saws, angle grinders, hacksaws for carpentry work), but also allow you to work even with one hand. over, with such a unit, you can cut material along a curved mowing line, which is sometimes very required.
To summarize, we can say that buying a saw will be useful for your summer cottage, you just need to take good care of the tool and follow the recommendations indicated above. We also advise you to read the article on creating a mini-washer for a car with your own hands, as well as on how to properly sharpen the saw chain.