How to Drill a Concrete Wall with a Puncher
It is unlikely that major repairs in the house can do without modernization or a complete replacement of the wiring. It often requires the installation of additional sockets or switches to connect household appliances or light sources, as well as other electrical devices.
At the same time, it is better to mask all the wires in the wall. But for this you need to know how to ditch the walls for laying electrical wiring with your own hands, without the help of professional electricians. In this case, the main thing is to take into account all the features of the wiring of the internal house electrical network and the nuances of shredding concrete, brick and other surfaces.
The main nuances of strobing walls for wiring
No need to grab at once hammer and chisel. First of all, you need to draw a detailed drawing of the wiring on a paper sheet and provide for where all sockets, switches and lighting devices will be located. You should also take into account the material used, for the construction of the building on which the method and tools for shredding walls for wiring will depend.
I would like to note that today there are SNiP regulated by documents electrical wire distribution rules in the walls of buildings. At the same time, it is advisable to familiarize yourself with them before starting the installation of the strobe for wiring, since their non-observance affects the safety of electrical work.
- Strobing the wall surface under electric wires should occur only parallel to the main structure of the room, that is, strictly in the vertical or horizontal direction.
- To equip the strobes in a horizontal plane, you can only retreat 15 or more centimeters from the ceiling of the building.
- Vertical gating is performed indented from the door and other wall openings at a distance of 100 mm, and from the gas pipeline no closer than 400 m.
- The parameters for the width and depth of the groove for the wiring should not be much more than 25 mm. In this case, the length of the strobe should be a maximum of 300 cm.
- It is very important that the electrical wiring in the house has as few turns as possible on the way from the distribution boxes to sockets, lamps or switches. It is advisable to use only one corner transition.
- Do not perform horizontal gating in structures with load bearing. This is especially true in prefabricated houses, where all the walls are load-bearing.
Following these rules, the layout of the wiring will be completed. in accordance with all standards and it will be possible to proceed to the direct breaking of the walls.
How to ditch walls for wiring?
Today there are various ways of conducting strobings depending on the used tools:
- the cheapest, but at the same time long and inconvenient way of strobing is performed with a chisel and a hammer;
- a faster and more convenient option for cutting grooves for wiring. a puncher or hammer drill;
- the smoothest groove can be made using an electric angle grinder, but the use of such a tool leads to the formation of dust clouds in the room;
- shtroborez. the most convenient tool for cutting the shtrub with his own hands, but because of its cost, he did not find wide application in the average layman.
But regardless of the chosen method and tool for wall shredding, such works have same procedure.
Strobing a brick and concrete wall
With brick walls, usually there are no special problems with gating. Brick laying is carried out by means of a cement-sand mixture, which is easily knocked out with an ordinary hammer and chisel, after which an electric cable is laid in the formed groove. In the horizontal direction, everything will go smoothly, since seam between bricks runs through the entire wall. In turn, in the vertical direction you have to break through the bricks.
Video: How to Drill a Concrete Wall with a Puncher
With a concrete wall, things are completely different. Such a surface is very durable, so with the help of a chisel and a hammer, it will take a lot of time to lay even a short wire. Therefore, it is advisable to use other more effective methods. Only a shtroborez will help in a short time and practically without dust to make shtrobes for electrical wiring. But because of the high price of such a device, only professional builders use it. Therefore, for household purposes, more common tools are used. an angle grinder or a perforator.
Wall preparation and marking
First you need to find out presence or absence of hidden wires on the proposed route for laying the gate. For this purpose, special devices are used, thanks to which it will not be difficult to determine the location of the electric wire. This is done for safety reasons, so as not to get the power tool into a live wire.
Markings are made on the surface of the wall along the strobe route starting from the distribution box in the direction of the locations of sockets, switches and fixtures. But before you start any work, you need to curtain the doorways with a damp cloth. This will prevent dust from scattering all the corners of the house.
Hammering through a hammer drill
You can punch both a brick and concrete wall with a puncher. For this you need special nozzles. wide auger and shoulder blade. In turn, all the work comes down to the following actions:
- recesses up to 25 mm deep with a pitch of 10-15 mm along the line of electrical wiring are made with a puncher;
- after that, a furrow is made under the wiring using a spatula.
Despite the fact that this method is very fast, the groove obtained in this case is not quite smooth and with torn edges.
We use an angle grinder for laying electrical wiring
An angle grinder can be easily gated for wiring both brick and concrete or plastered walls. But for this you need to purchase a special diamond coated disc. In this case, all work is performed in the following sequence:
- an angle grinder along the entire length of the shtroba makes two cuts parallel to each other with the same depth and width parameters from 2 to 2.5 cm;
- To remove the central part of the groove, use a hammer or chisel with a hammer.
Thanks to this option, the groove is very smooth. However, the use of this power tool is accompanied by a large amount of dust. During operation, it appears so much that you have to use a vacuum cleaner. In this case, you need an assistant holding the suction hose in the immediate vicinity of the cut.
Strobim the wall with a wall cutter
The shtroborez can be compared to the angular grinder, only strongly modernized. Such a tool has two diamond-coated discs, the distance between which can be adjusted. Cutting circles closed by a special casing, preventing direct contact with the wall.
Thanks to the adjustments provided for by the shtorez design, it is possible to change not only the width of the proposed shtrob, but also its depth. In addition, on the casing there is a special outlet for connecting a vacuum cleaner that will suck in dust flying out from under the diamond discs.
It is with the help of a shtroborez that you can lay electrical wiring in the wall as soon as possible while all the work will take place practically without dust. After the sides of the groove have been cut, it remains to select the core of the gate using a drill with a rebound function.
How to ditch walls under a chisel wiring
The use of a chisel and a hammer is impractical if the laying of wires is carried out in a concrete wall. If a brick wall is subject to gating, then all work boil down to the following actions:
- with the help of a chisel, depressions from the edges of the stroba are outlined;
- the chisel is placed across the groove and part of the wall is driven deep into the hammer by translational strokes of the hammer;
- layer after layer of the strobes deepens along the entire length to 2-2.5 cm.
After the completion of the gating, the grooves obtained must be thoroughly cleaned of dust. Then the surface is opened with soil. After the primer dries, a wire is laid in the groove and sealed with plaster, gypsum or putty.
Only the right tool in accordance with the material of the wall, in which it is necessary to make strobes for wiring, it will allow you to perform all the work quickly and without dust. At the same time, modern tools allow you to carry out all the work on wiring the house wiring with your own hands.