How to drill concrete with a regular drill. Several useful tips
How to drill a concrete wall as a regular drill?
Greetings on my site! Today we will touch one burning question, namely, how to drill a concrete wall as a regular drill if you do not have a perforator.
Such issues arise due to the desire to save-who is hunting to spend on a perfume? Although you once had money for a drill. Of course, I understand that when you buy it, you wanted to save, since the punch is more expensive. Or maybe they just did not know that you could not take concrete with it.
Eh, they could have added a little and get a tool that easily combines these two functionality. And now they would just drill and all. And if a hole would be needed in a tree or plastic, then the perfume would have coped here.
Well, okay, that I like you? You came for advice. Well, I will offer one grandfather’s version.
So, with the help of this method, you can drill concrete both a shock and an unstressed machine. Time, of course, will take decently, but for lack of a punch, you can do so and so.
In addition to a drill and a drill, a punch will also be required to work. I hope you have it. If not, then he stands not like a perf. You can fork a little.
- We put the punch to the place where you need a hole, and hit it with a hammer, until a small recess is obtained
- Then we drill in this place before the drill rises into pebbles or crushed stone, which is the filler of concrete. If it rises to the reinforcement, then you need to either change the place of drilling, or drill it with a drill on metal
- Next, take the bunch again and beat it on pebbles or rubble
- We drill again
- Repeat the procedures until the desired depth is obtained
As you can see, the method is quite difficult, but quite feasible. That is, here we are the work that the punch does on the go, we manually carry out the punch. Since the obstacle is mainly stones, they need to be destroyed. The drill copes with the solution.
If the tool and drill are selected, you can start work. First of all, it is necessary to carefully prepare the surface and make sure that in the area where the hole is planned, there are no electrical wires, water pipes and heating systems. The metal detector will help. With its help, you can determine whether there are metal objects in the wall and at what distance from the surface they are located.
After making sure that there are no obstacles to drill, You can move directly to the main part of the work:
- Mark the point where the hole should be on the wall.
- With a low speed of rotation of the drill, make a recess.
- Turn on the shock mode and gradually increase the speed of rotation.
Often drilling concrete walls are performed under plastic dowels. In this case, the hole should be deeper than the length of the dowel. As a result of drilling, concrete crumbles, so small particles of the material remain in the hole. You need to leave a supply of about 1 cm long.
Those who have already happened to work with a drill many times know that this tool is not so easy to keep in the right position while working. This is due to at least two factors:
How to Drill Through Concrete
Dust settled in the hole can cause an unreliable fixing of the anchors in the wall, so you need to try to remove it from there completely before driving a dowel. Can help get rid of concrete dust with compressed air. For this purpose, you can also use a rubber pear. It should be remembered that during dejuvenation of dust, in no case should you remove the means of protection.
The choice of drill
It depends on the type of material and holes how drilling a concrete wall. The right choice will increase the quality, accuracy of the result and integrity of the nozzle. The assortment of stores has special cords for various types of materials: wood, concrete, metal. Features of concrete drills are reduced to the triangular shape of the tip and applying the carbide composition to the tip. A conventional drill with a winning drill manages to grind concrete without tearing the material.
If at the stage of drilling a concrete drill the process is stalled, the holes are drilled with a perforator or include a stroke mode. The only drawback of the perforator is large holes, a diameter of 13 mm. Dense areas are easy to overcome by a mechanical stripper with a hammer. Punch the site before softening the material. Then they continue to drill a hole.
To drill several holes on concrete, special attacks on the nozzle are used:
- Victate tip;
- Universal core, but they should be regularly cooled;
- Diamond drill on concrete is a relatively expensive material, but durable.
During the drilling, make sure that there is no uncharacteristic sound of touching metal. If it enters the wall on the reinforcement, it is important to complete the procedure while the nozzle is still acute.
Drill drill selection
You can properly drill concrete with reinforcement in 3 stages:
- Get to a layer with metal with a winning tip.
- Install the drill on metal. The reinforcement is soft and should easily disperse.
- Continue to work with a drill on concrete.
Before the operation of the device, you need to check if any communication passes on the section of the selected surface. If you neglect this rule, you can damage the electrical wiring or place where the pipe passes. A metal detector will help the employee to cope with this task, since if non.Ferrous metals, iron or steel are detected, he gives a specific signal.
If the selected section of the concrete wall satisfies all the requirements, then it is necessary to outline the point, and then proceed to the operation of the device.
Choose a tool
So, the first question that the home master should ask for is not how to drill a concrete wall with reinforcement, but what. The main assistant in this matter will be a perforator, because it is intended for stone and concrete. At the same time, even powerful drills will not cope with a wall of more than 12 cm wide. Although if we are talking about foam concrete, it is precisely the drill, since the punch will simply break it.
One of the optimal options is to use drills designed specifically for a shock drill. Their working part is a plate made of strong metal. With the help of these drills, the question of how to drill a thin concrete wall can be considered solved.
There are also ring drills that have a diamond coating. They are very strong, use them in special drill units, therefore there are quite a lot. Therefore, they will solve the problem with how to drill a hole in a concrete wall at home is impractical at least.
The use of crowns
Often you need to get a large diameter hole in the wall for a socket. How to drill the supporting wall in this case? Then they use crowns that have metal attacks around the circle. Crings are found in various sizes, but 68-centimeter remain the most popular, which are designed just for sockets. Working with these details, at the perforator you need to turn off the stroke mode.
There are such crowns for drifts. But they have a different nature-from a convertible volfram alloy. It is convenient to use them, since drill a hole in a concrete wall with a drill and at the same time make a hole in the tiles quite can do it. Such crowns are used only with powerful drills.
We drill concrete with a perforator
So, how to drill a hole in a concrete slab using a perforator? The procedure is simple:
Safety Tips for Using Concrete Core Drilling Bits 1
- The drill switches to the stress mode, after which the drilling begins; The tool must be kept strictly at right angles;
- After a while, the drill is moistened with water, this will help to avoid overheating;
- After the reinforced concrete wall succeeds, the drill, without turning off the device itself, must be removed;
- To clean the resulting hole from dust, the drill is launched several times.
I can’t drill a wall? The punch rested on something solid? So you need to try to make a hole in another place.
We go around the drill
How to drill a concrete wall without a perforator? The question of involving a conventional drill when working with concrete remains unresolved. So is it possible to drill a concrete wall with a drill, everyone decides for himself. After all, the tool can break. And the procedure will take more time.
You can drill a hole in the concrete with a drill if you use a special tool. A punch. It’s easy to operate on them: to put a sharp end to the place where the hole will be, to hit it several times with a hammer, after which you can start drill.
As soon as the drill stumbles on an insurmountable barrier, you need to use the punch again until the right goal is achieved. Here’s how to properly drill a concrete wall using a drill. Although it takes more time and requires a lot of effort, you can also use it for lack of a punch.
Diamond drills and other devices
Concrete rods have over the entire length of attacks, which give special strength. Even when working with solid materials, they retain the technical properties.
Outwardly, they also differ, which does not allow them to confuse them with others:
- The dull end of the attacked winner, which in hardness is almost in no way inferior to the diamond;
- The products are white, unlike black and light black for wood;
- The tip is wider than the rod.
Drill for drones is relatively small, with tailings in the shape of a cylinder or polyhedron. For perforators. Large, marked SDS, they are more often called not drill, but drill.
- Screw. For drilling deep holes;
- Spiral. For large diameter holes;
- Gentle. They make small holes.
The drill has a thickened shank, they are inserted into the cartridge with snapping.
Suffer of nozzles-35-120 mm. A special demand for crows with a diameter of 68 mm is the size of the sockets. Drill to a maximum depth of 150 mm, if you need more, lengthened. Crowns for perforators have attacked teeth, and in intended for a drill, carbide.Melting for a drill instead.
This has some advantages: such a nozzle brings up concrete and tile equally well, and highly specialized nozzles for the perforator have to be changed. The crown can be used with an electric drill with a capacity of more than 1 kW.
Various types of nozzles are suitable for drilling:
- Struck with soldered teeth.
- Diamond. For unstressed drilling without a perforator. They are with an abrasive on the edge, work them faster than drums.
- CS crowns. With spraying on the edges.
Tutorial: How to drill into reinforced concrete #hellertv #Trijet #hammerdrillbit
High.Quality products are offered by Bosh, Makita, Metabo, among domestic. Interskol, Zubr. Chinese products can also be of high quality if their price is high.
Selection of power for driving
Shock drill Bosch PSB 650 Re
- If the goal of drilling is reduced to the installation of plastic dowels, a drill of slightly larger diameter is installed. Dust after drilling can prevent the complete entry of dowels;
- At the beginning of the procedure, the power tool is installed at small revolutions, otherwise it is difficult to control the drill. After immersion in deep, the walls increase the speed, or turn on the shock mode;
- In the process of drilling, the drill should be wetted in cold water to protect against overheating;
- If in the cartridge the core is kept in unreliable or spanning in the process, they change it to a new one;
- It is recommended to put on special glasses that will protect from garbage in the eye.
We will offer information on related topics that is useful in construction:
- Dowels are not the only way to fix equipment and equipment to the walls. The screws on concrete will help to do the work faster;
- When working with foam blocks and aerated concrete, screws and dowels cannot be used due to the low strength of the material. Anchor for aerated concrete is the most effective way to fasten;
- Most walls are based on reinforcement. It increases the durability of the structure, but requires great efforts in the process of creating the frame. There are several ways to crochet reinforcement, but manually is difficult to fulfill. The tool for bending reinforcement will simplify the performance of work, which is especially relevant in monolithic construction;
- To improve decorative qualities, impurities are added to the solution, even mixes can be made that can make marble from concrete;
- At the construction stage, you should think about the appropriateness of cast structures. Various blocks will speed up the process of work. The machine for blocks will help to make the material yourself;
- If the main material of the house is chosen brick, you should find out which solution is needed for masonry bricks.
Drinking the wall with a drill
The process of drilling a shock drill requires maximum efforts to make. Time will take more than when working with a perforator due to the lower tool power. Drills periodically give time to relax. The whole procedure for making holes by the drill consists of the following actions:
- The place of the future opening is marked on the wall. Put on the label, they hit sharply 2-3 times with a hammer.
- After blows in concrete, a small funnel forms. A drill with an attack is inserted into the recess, the drill mode is included on the drill, they begin to drill. Когда рукой ощущается перегрев электродвигателя, инструменту дают время отдохнуть.
- The drill may stop defeating for two reasons: solid fractions of concrete or reinforcement hit. The drilling is stopped. A punch is inserted inside the funnel, sharp blows with a hammer are inflicted. When the hard fractions are destroyed, they continue to drill. When the reinforcement gets, it is better to shift the hole to the side. If this option is not suitable, they cope with rods with a diamond crown or metal drill.
Actions continue until the desired depth of the hole.
Choosing Crown by Concrery: Criteria
When choosing crowns by concrete, the following criteria should be taken into account.
- When purchasing crowns for drilling holes in the concrete walls under the circuit breakers and electric sockets, it is worth clarifying the diameter of the mounted metal or plastic toddrosetics boxes. It should be 68.0 millimeters.
- When purchasing nozzles, it is necessary to clarify that they are intended for drilling concrete, since there are similar crowns that furniture workers use to drill wood and chipboard (such crowns are not able to cope with solid materials).
- Choosing toothed nozzles, carefully inspect the fastening of the teeth. The more they have a landing, the more long time the crown will last.
- The nozzle according to the working diameter is selected based on what the size of the holes in concrete and the power of the perforator. On a drill, the power of which is 1 kW, nozzles are usually installed, the diameter of which is up to 25.0 cm. It is not recommended to use crowns with a large diameter, since this can lead to a breakdown of a low.Power engine due to excessive load. This must be taken into account using adapters available on sale to install large nozzles on small cartridges.
- Before purchasing, you should look at the shank of the nozzles, which is continuous (to install in fist cartridges) or with a different number of open and closed grooves corresponding to various options for the SDS mounting system.
So you learned about how to drill a concrete wall with a drill, as well as the types of nozzles used. Theoretical knowledge remains in practice.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
How to drill an overlap plate for a sewer pipe
During the construction of the house, such a question very often arises as to properly install the fertile fees of the floor slabs. In this video instructions, we will tell you and show you how to correctly lay the floor slabs, what should be based on the wall, how to make a survey and much more.
The appearance of cracks means a decrease in the bearing capacity of the plates. Cracks developing in the transverse direction are especially dangerous.
On the surface of the slab, you can often notice small cracks that form a whole network. Do not panic about this. These are cracks formed as a result of concrete hardening. Experts call them shrinkage. Their occurrence does not cause particular anxiety.
Instructions for laying out the floor slabs holes and cutouts in reinforced concrete holes and cutouts in reinforced concrete holes and cutouts in reinforced concrete.
It is much worse if the network of cracks appeared as a result of the deformation of the stove. They can be distinguished from shrinkage cracks by the fact that deformation cracks are prone to expansion, that is, they gradually increase in size. Since the floor slabs are almost never observed from the interior, it is very difficult to notice the appearance of deformation cracks in a timely manner. Over time, this leads to the collapse of the plates.
What nozzles to choose?
Before drill a hole in the concrete wall, you need to choose the nozzle of the corresponding structure. The following varieties are used for work:
- Shock.Type gear crows intended for drilling. When working with concrete, it is recommended to use varieties from separate soldiers made of the most durable metal alloys. Many crowns are equipped with SDS tails for installation in a drill with a fast.Packed cartridge. The drills are well suited for concrete walls, but when contacting the metal, they may begin to collapse, so before drill a reinforced concrete wall, it is necessary to check that there is no reinforcement used to strengthen the workplace of work.
- Diamond crowns that are designed for unstressed drilling holes. Such nozzles are more modern, with their help to make a hole in the concrete wall easier. The edge of the crowns has an abrasive structure and special cutouts, during production it is treated by spraying diamond crumbs or corundum. Before making a hole in the wall, it is only necessary to choose the desired length of the nozzle: in everyday life, varieties are used with a diameter of up to 100-120 mm, larger crowns are used in professional work. A distinctive feature is the ability to drill without risk to damage the adaptation of reinforcement.
- K-cos that have a cutting edge with crystalline diamond particles. Such nozzles are used for most solid walls, including them drill concrete slabs, external walls and stone structures.
Before drill the supporting wall or partition, it is necessary to make sure that the wires or cables will not be covered in the process of work, if one is laid inside.
How to drill a concrete wall with a conventional drill
When making repairs in an apartment or house, the question always arises about the drilling of the wall. You can use different tools depending on the purpose of the hole and material from which the surface is made.
When working with each tool, there are nuances, especially when drilling a wall. How to make the right hole correctly, and which recommendations to follow?
How to Drill Into Concrete | The Home Depot
Drilling holes in the wall correctly: general rules and recommendations than drill
In order to correctly drill the wall, you need to take into account the material from which it is made, based on this, it is necessary to choose the tool.
- When working, keep the tool correctly. For example, the drill in the hands should be directly, and enter the surface in a vertical direction;
- For convenience, use an additional handle;
- Depending on the surface of the surface, select the necessary.
- Concrete, stone, brick wall. Use a carbide drill, more often a winning;
- Metal. A drill for metal;
- Tiles, ceramic tiles. Special cord for these materials, sometimes you can replace the concrete drill with surfacing;
- Chipboard, wood. For holes of less than 10-12 mm, a metal drill is suitable, for the larger ones, special cores for wood are used.
Work tools for work
Different tools are used for work, basic: drill, perforator, screwdriver. When using everyone, there are nuances.
The tool is suitable when you need to make several holes. You can use the usual drill.
Suburbating the winning drill into the body of the wall, sometimes you need to break the concrete with a punch, which coincides in diameter with a hole.
This is necessary when the drill begins to get stuck in the surface, bumping into too dense areas. The process is quite laborious.
For a large volume, a shock drill and a core with winning tips are used. They are designed for holes up to 12 mm. The drill is suitable for work with metal, concrete.
Perforator. Universal instrument. With it, you can make a hole in the wall of wood, tile and concrete.
The tool has several functions. Drilling, drilling and impact mode. To make a hole, you need to select the right drill depending on the surface and work, selecting the mode.
Shurovyrt is one of the in demand for repair and construction work. With it, you can tighten and twist screws, drill wood, metal, chipboard, plywood, tiles, plywood, light concrete.
What nozzles to choose
For each material, a certain nozzle is used:
- Concrete, brick, stone. A drill with a carbide plate or a winning;
- Tiles, glass. Cone.Shaped with diamond spray;
- Metal. Spiral drill with a cylindrical cone;
- Wood, drywall. For different diameters of the holes, cores are used: feather, ballerina, screw, saw crowns;
- Foam concrete. Winning.
Is it possible to do without a drill and a perforator
Make a hole without a drill and a perforator, but not in a concrete wall. This will require a hollyman or a punch.
The working end of the tool is applied to the place where the hole will be. On the opposite side of it, you need to apply heavy strikes, rotating the tool after each turn.
How to drill without dust: options than better
Construction work is always accompanied by dust and garbage, but using some recommendations and tips, it can be significantly reduced:
- The perforator when working leaves slight dust so that it does not fly around the room simultaneously use a building vacuum cleaner. Some tools of the tool have a built.In vacuum cleaner, which facilitates the task;
- Using a drill, it is best to make either a conductor at the end or heap, or make an envelope under the hole so that the garbage falls into it.
How to drill holes in a brick wall: the choice of tools and nozzles
To make a hole in the brick wall, a punch with a drill or a shock drill is suitable, most often use the latter.
Its power should be at least 600 watts, the minimum number of revolutions is from 2500 per minute.
It is best to use a drill with a smooth power adjustment and a fast clamp function.
Applying the function of shock drilling, the drill becomes identical to the perforator. The speed and simplicity of work increases.
To make a hole in the brick wall, you need to use a dynamic blow method.
Without this, the drill cannot catch on the inside of the brick.
Than to drill a punch carrier in a panel house
In most panel houses, the walls are made of concrete to make a hole with a perforator, it is necessary to apply the winning.
In addition to them, you can use special crowns. They have attacks on the circle. Using them, you need to turn off the shock function of the perforator.
Experts use diamond drilling, for this you need powerful equipment and skills.
How to properly drill a reinforced concrete drill under the pipe
Using a shock drill for reinforced concrete, it is necessary to apply the “perforator” mode and winning. At first, the hole is made of a smaller volume, then more. The drill should be cooled periodically.
Important! Working with concrete, you should not get into the reinforcement, otherwise the drill will break. Using a special device, you can check where it is located.
How to make a hole in the concrete wall drill
It is difficult to drill a concrete wall with a regular drill. You need to install the winning cords and choose small revolutions. An dowel is inserted into the right place to help the tool to break through the surface. Further drilling should be alternated with blows to dowel.
How to drill concrete with a drill
First you need to know exactly that the necessary nozzle has been selected. It is always necessary to drill at low speeds. Usually, the tool is in operation for 10 or 12 minutes. Continuing this time, it is guaranteed that it will not overheat and not accidentally break. If the drill of the tool accidentally remains in the thickness of the wall, it is necessary to gently extract it. You can not use force. Perhaps the drill will break and its fragments will remain in the thickness of the wall. If necessary, the drill is easily disconnected from the nozzle.
The drill must be kept strictly perpendicular to the surface. If this is not observed, there is a risk of damaging the drill, and sometimes leave a dent. It is also important to take care so that the dust from drilling does not get into the eye. For this they purchase protective glasses. Gloves can also be used to prevent hand gliding during the technological process. Only a person who has quite strong hands can be drilled qualitatively. Because the process requires the cost of significant efforts.
The algorithm for conducting work
If you are interested in knowing how to drill concrete, you should familiarize yourself with the work algorithm. At the first stage, you need to mark with a pencil. The tool is brought to the surface, while it is well held with one or two handles.
If you work with a drill, first it must be installed at low speeds. In order to drill the material, first you can make several short inclusions. This recommendation is correct if the instrument does not have an option to adjust the speed. Already at this stage you can get a recess by about 3 mm. This will regulate the direction of the tool.
At the next stage, the drilling continues in the blow mode. It is necessary to hold the equipment strictly perpendicular to the wall. Many people think about whether it is possible to drill a concrete surface, pressing too much on the tool. You do not need to do this, since the equipment will undergo high loads and may fail. Every 10 seconds, the device should be removed and immersed again in the hole in the concrete wall.
Do not forget about engine cooling, especially if you work with a household device. In order to drill material with solid inclusions, you should additionally use the chisel. On it you need to knock a little with a hammer, entering the first tool into the hole. If you are interested in how to drill a concrete wall with reinforcement, you should know that when a collision of equipment with iron, you need to stop immediately until the barrier is removed.
Preparation of the tool
Before drilling a concrete wall, you need to take care not only that there is appropriate electrical equipment in stock. You need to make sure that there are drills designed to work with concrete. They must have a suitable diameter.
If you have to drill a reinforced concrete wall, you should work not only with equipment on concrete, but also metal. The drilling mode is unlikely to get a positive result, at least in a short time. When the concrete has to be drilled with a drill, consumables with carbide tips should be selected. With their help, you can get rid of accumulated garbage in the hole.
A little about the device of the drill and install the drill
If you want to know how to drill a concrete wall correctly, you should also familiarize yourself with the tool device. It is based on an electric engine. It provides for the presence:
The design also involves the rotor. This is the shaft where the core is installed. Along its length are grooves for anchor windings.
Each master who at least once faced repair and construction work can say: “I can drill a concrete wall.””. How can this be done. The question is quite extensive. If you want to work as a drill, it is important to know how to install a drill in it. It is placed in the cartridge and fixed taking into account the design of the last. After these procedures, you should make sure that the equipment does not stagger and is installed without a backlash.
Recent developments or old classics
Before drill a hole in the concrete wall, you should figure out which tool to use. New or old. The latest developments are not always more perfect, but this does not apply to equipment for working with dense materials. If you are still worried about whether it is possible to make a hole in the wall with a screwdriver, you should know that the answer, although it is positive, but experts do not recommend using this tool.
When the old model of any device is available, it is better to replace it with a new one, but you should not save it by choosing equipment with a shock function and a reverse option. This will allow concrete to drill concrete as efficiently and quickly as possible. And if the drill stuck in the reinforcement, with the help of the function of the reverse movement of the equipment, you can easily remove it from the thickness of the material.
Power selection for drill
How to drill concrete with a drill. You know. Now you need to ask how the model the model should have. If you only purchase a device, you should not even consider models up to 500 watts. They are suitable only for soft materials. But if the power is from 1000 watts and below, such a device can already cope with a solid wall.
You know how to drill concrete correctly, but this is not all you need to know when it comes to complex areas. In these cases, it is better to use a perforator. But if it does not fit, a manual chisel is used. This device will allow to crush solid layers.
Holes of large diameter
In order to hang a picture or any other interior item of a small mass, you can use a conventional household drill. But if the work is more complex, you should apply a punch that exceeds the aforementioned device in functionality. For impressive holes in diameter, it is better to apply a crown. With its help, you can make holes up to 150 mm in diameter.
Features of the choice of tools
In most cases, it is better to use a perforator for concrete drilling: it has increased power, designed to break through solid surfaces, and allows you to make large in diameter of the hole. The use of the tool is impractical in the following cases:
- The need to drill the wall to a depth of 10-12 mm;
- Work with foam concrete, which crumbles when processing by a perforator;
- The work needs to do no more than 10-15 holes.
Before drilling the wall, it is important to choose the drill itself: it should not be unstressed, since such a variety is ineffective when drilling concrete, nozzle and cartridge almost immediately become unusable. The nozzles themselves should be winning, intended for concrete work, the tip with carbide.
In some cases, a successful solution will be the purchase of a drill perforator: the device is more expensive than a classic model, but is characterized by increased power, which can be adjusted.
How to make a hole a drill
First, it is necessary to prepare a drill, nozzles and other related items. Then in the process you will not have to be distracted and spend time looking for the necessary things.
Drilling is often necessary in cases where it is required:
In this case, the concrete wall (if you drill it correctly) should be left without severe damage and large chips.
Working with a drill with a winning nozzle, sometimes you need to use a metal punch. It is selected in accordance with the size of the hole. This tool makes it possible not to jam the drill when dripping the drill. To do this, the bunchman is made in concrete and clogged with a hammer to split a solid obstacle to pieces. A similar process can last quite a long time, so it is better to use a diamond crown. In addition, a drill with such a nozzle will never get stuck in concrete.
The sequence of actions when drilling:
- Carefully inspect the tools. The drill should be in good condition, and the drill should be whole.
- Start gently drill a hole in the concrete with a drill, stopping the continuous operation of the tool after 10 minutes from the start of action.
- The process can only be continued after cooling the motor.
- Before drilling the next hole, it is necessary to moisten the nozzle with water. This will protect the metal from curvature.
In such simple ways, you can drill a concrete wall without a perforator.
Sometimes there are times when the drill stuck in the wall. It is not desirable to use force, otherwise it will break off, and the edge of the nozzle will remain in concrete. To free up the drill, you must first disconnect it from the drill, then put on a crown of smaller diameter and get a binded part.
To carry out drilling yourself and at the same time avoid various injuries and unpleasant accidents, you need to observe safety precautions, and follow the recommendations of specialists.