How to fill oil in a tiller gearbox
Transmission oils for filling in gasoline and diesel tillers
As for the gearbox, transmission oils must be used to fill it. For example, semi-synthetic oil ZIC 10W40, designed for gasoline and diesel tillers, would be a good choice. API indicator. SM / CF, ACEA. A3 / B3, A3 / B4, C3.
Sold, as a rule, in a 4-liter container.
Another worthy oil is Super T-3 85W-90 from Gazpromneft. Its technical data will be as follows:
- API indicator. GL-5;
- viscosity grade. 85W90;
- temperature indicator of loss of fluidity –.280C;
- flash point. 2170C;
- package length. 270 mm;
- packing width. 130 mm;
- packing height. 240 mm.
This gear oil is also available in a 4 liter container.
This is not the whole list of oils that can be poured into the tiller gearbox. In principle, anyone who is familiar with the basic parameters of the oil can independently determine what is needed for his tiller.
The reducer is a special device included in the design of any tiller. It is this part that is responsible for converting and transmitting the torque that is generated from mechanical transmissions. In fact, the gearbox drives the tiller, making it work.
The service life of the entire tiller, as well as its normal functioning, will depend on its quality, as well as on the correct lubrication of its components.
For more information about the reducer, see
Depending on the model of the tiller, be it a Cayman, Patriot Ural, Patriot, Texas, Foreman or any other, the gearboxes may differ in some design features. Conventionally, gearboxes can be divided into several types:
- Angle reducers. Such units are quite effective, they allow you to dock the engine and transmission.
- Gear reducers. In this case, the gearbox transmission acts as a kind of intermediary between the engine and the wheelbase of the tiller.
- Reducing gears. These units achieve an increase in power indicators, reducing the total number of revolutions. Such gearboxes are most preferable because they have an air cooling system in their design, which allows them to work at maximum loads.
- Reverse gearboxes. The main advantage of such gearboxes is the ability to reverse the tiller. However, units equipped with this type of gearbox do not show high performance and speeds.
Regardless of which gearbox is used in the tiller design, they all consist of almost the same components:
- gearbox housing;
- flange and its fastening;
- pulley with V-belt transmission (or chain);
- ball bearing;
- drain plug;
- steel washer and nut;
- input shaft.
These components traditionally form the gear unit itself. How well they are lubricated will affect their performance and service life.
Otherwise, with insufficient lubrication, the parts will wear out a lot, because they come into contact with each other during operation, and the resulting friction negatively affects their surface.
What kind of oil is poured
It is also necessary to be guided by the price, without buying very cheap liquids, because they are unlikely to be of proper quality.
No matter how reliable the native tracks of the snowmobile are, sooner or later, with the active operation of the machine, it becomes necessary to replace them. Here is everything about the tracks for a snowmobile from the Composite company.
An indispensable tool in pest control is a garden sprayer. By clicking on the link you can familiarize yourself with the gasoline knapsack garden sprayer.
MAZ-5337 appeared in the second half of the eighties of the last century. MAZ-5337 is a versatile, powerful and very reliable truck.
In general, oils can be of various types:
- SAE. These types of oils cope very well with sudden changes in temperature, so they can be used all year round.
- The selection process is as follows: you need to look at the number that is in front of the letter W. a smaller value will indicate that the oil is very well adapted to low temperatures (the smallest is 0W). If the letter W is not on the label, then this oil is suitable for the summer period.
- API. In this case, the letters in the marking will indicate the type of engine. gasoline or diesel. Accordingly, a certain letter will say that the oil is suitable for gasoline units, and the other for diesel.
- The numbers will talk about the type of engine, i.e. number 4 means oil should be used for a 4-stroke engine, etc. The EC value is the degree to which energy is saved, i.e. the higher the value, the better the oil.
- ASEA. The largest number in the labeling will indicate that the oil can function in very difficult conditions.
- GOST 17479, 1-85. These indicators characterize the degree of viscosity of the oil. As a rule, after this parameter, alphabetic and numeric values are written, and their absence indicates that the oil is universal.
How much to fill?
Another important point is the amount of oil required. Before answering the question. how much oil needs to be poured into the tiller gearbox, for example, Crossser, Viking, Forza, Sadko, Don, Huter, Profi, Plowman, Champion, Carver, you must first check the oil level in the gearbox. To do this, you need to perform certain actions:
- It is necessary to place the tiller on a flat surface so that its wings are strictly parallel to this surface.
- We take a wire or rod about 70 cm long, which will act as an oil dipstick.
- We bend the improvised probe into an arc.
- We insert the resulting probe into the filler hole to the very end, i.e. all the way. After that we take it back out.
If the wire is 30 cm in oil, then this is the optimal indicator, i.e. no need to add oil. If a little less, then it is necessary to top up within the given values.
If the gearbox is dry at all, then at least two liters of transmission oil will be needed.
Changing the oil in the tiller: what and how much to fill in the gearbox
The presence of a tiller in a personal household can hardly surprise anyone, because this technical device has been known since Soviet times. Thanks to him, it became possible to quickly and high-quality cultivation of the soil, which used to take quite a long time, and also took a lot of effort.
However, in order for your tiller, as they say, to serve you faithfully, regularly plowing the land and performing its other functions, you need to use it in the correct way.
In particular, you need to know how much oil to fill in the tiller’s gearbox so that it works in optimal mode, and its parts are not erased from the lack of the necessary lubrication.
In principle, all the necessary information, as a rule, is indicated in the operating instructions for a specific tiller model, where the brands and grades of the recommended oils are directly indicated.
However, there are times when a tiller is purchased by hand, or in some other way, but the point is that such tillers are supplied mostly without any instructions.
A person may be at a loss, not knowing what kind of oil is poured into the tiller’s gearbox, so it will be useful for him to know about its main types, as well as the methods of pouring into the tiller.
How to fill oil in a tiller gearbox
Before pouring new oil into the gearbox, the old fluid must be drained. It is in this way that the oil in the Tiller Salyut gearbox is changed, the video of which can be found on the Internet, as well as for other tiller models.
The algorithm of actions, in this case, will be as follows:
- the tiller must be installed on some height so that the oil can be easily drained from the gearbox.
- There are two plugs on the gearbox. a drain plug, which is located at the bottom of the gearbox, and a plug that closes the oil filling hole. We first unscrew the filler plug, which is located on top of the tiller body (at the checkpoint).
- We take a sufficiently capacious container (an old bottle of transmission oil is suitable), after which we substitute it under the drain plug of the gearbox.
- Gently unscrew the drain plug, after which the oil will begin to flow into our container. After waiting for the oil to drain completely, we screw the drain plug back. Then we tighten with a spanner wrench of a suitable diameter until it stops.
- We insert the funnel into the filling hole. Then we take a suitable gear oil in order to fill the gearbox.
- After filling the gearbox to the optimal level, we screw the plug back. This plug is equipped with a special dipstick, and its length is about 10 cm. After we have filled in the oil, we need to check its level. To do this, we twist this plug-probe, after which we unscrew it again and check.
- If the oil is at the tip of this dipstick, then there is no need to top up any more.
As a rule, the oil change procedure should be performed every 100 hours of operation of the tiller. In some cases, this procedure must be performed every 50 hours.
In other words, the frequency of oil change depends on the model of the tiller, therefore, all the necessary information is in the accompanying documentation for the tiller.
Periodic oil change in the gearbox is extremely important not only because it is recommended by the manufacturer, but also for a number of other reasons. In particular, during the operation of the tiller, foreign metal particles are formed in the oil in the gearbox.
They arise from friction and contact between the components of the tiller, which gradually crumble, and all this metal crumb gets into the oil. Thus, the oil begins to thicken, which leads to unstable operation of the tiller, and in the future, to the failure of the gearbox.
That is why, timely oil change in the gearbox is a necessary preventive measure to avoid future repairs.
Indeed, it is much more logical to spend an amount within one thousand rubles on the purchase of transmission oil than to spend much more money for expensive repairs or a complete replacement of the gearbox.
Homemade tiller trailers, which you can make with your own hands, are very popular.
You may also be interested in the article about the snowmobile dingo t 150.
What kind of oil to fill
There are a large number of different oils on sale that can be poured into the gearbox and motor. The main classification is as follows:
- Summer varieties are characterized by high viscosity, intended for use in the summer. High ambient temperatures cause an increase in viscosity, thereby reducing stress.
- Winter varieties are used in winter and have a low viscosity. Subzero ambient temperatures are the reason why the oil viscosity increases. Manufacturers take this point into account and make the substance less viscous.
- All-season options are considered the most popular. They can be used in any operating conditions of the cultivator, are suitable for four-stroke engines and other options.
Various bases can be used in the manufacture of the substance. On this basis, there are:
- Mineral. This option is much cheaper, but does not cope well with the load.
- Synthetic. A similar substance is produced using modern technology. Therefore, it provides the required level of protection of the motor against wear and overheating.
- Semi-synthetic. A product from this category is cheaper and, at the same time, is considered universal, because added to various devices.
Manufacturers produce options for two-stroke and four-stroke engines. A motor cultivator with the first type of motor is much cheaper; maintenance involves adding a lubricant to the fuel.
What kind of cultivator oil can be poured into the engine or gearbox
In suburban areas, tillers and cultivators are often used. Such designs are represented by a combination of engine and transmission. Engine maintenance provides for a timely oil change. Its purpose is to reduce the degree of friction between individual elements, as well as additional cooling. There are several different criteria for choosing a cultivator oil.
For diesel tiller
Diesel engines are being installed on Honda and other cultivators. The advantages of such a node are as follows:
- maximum grip;
- cooling is carried out with air and water;
- fuel consumption is only 5 liters per 100 km.
Diesel mechanisms are characterized by a complex design, therefore, special attention is paid to the selection of the correct oil. The classification is carried out as follows:
- CA is a variant designed for applications with low to medium mechanical stresses. The substance can work with low-sulfur diesel fuel. The inclusion of additional elements in the composition eliminates the likelihood of corrosion, as well as burn-in. Not suitable for heavy duty applications.
- CB is a substance suitable for use at low to medium mechanical stresses when filling with high sulfur diesel fuel. Unlike the previous type, the considered option provides higher protection against corrosion.
- CC. such oil should be poured into the tiller under medium and high mechanical loads. Additives help reduce the likelihood of deposits when exposed to high temperatures.
- CD. this type of oil is used to service an engine that does not have a supercharger on which a turbine is installed. The special composition protects the metal surface from corrosion.
It is recommended to give preference exclusively to synthetic oils, because they are capable of providing high surface protection. Mineral is much cheaper.
How to replace
Periodic maintenance of the gearbox and engine provides for a timely oil change.
A similar procedure should be carried out taking into account the recommendations, since some mistakes can reduce the reliability of the design.
Oil is poured into the cultivator through a special hole; a watering can is required to simplify the procedure.
In the gearbox
In most cases, any gear oil can be used to lubricate the gearbox. The replacement procedure is carried out as follows:
- The device is located on a horizontal plane, it is tilted slightly. This simplifies the pouring procedure.
- A dipstick is inserted into the hole on the gearbox. It is required to determine the level of the old substance.
To replenish the oil level in the gearbox, a new one is topped up. A completely dry container is filled with about two liters. Some models are equipped with a special hole for removing old material, which may contain a large amount of impurities.
Periodic maintenance of the tiller allows you to extend the service life and improve the characteristics of the equipment. The gearbox is considered one of the most important elements, the purpose of which is to increase the transmitted force. Oil is poured into the gearbox in order to reduce the degree of wear between the two rubbing elements. When choosing a gear oil, take into account:
- the degree of viscosity;
- operating temperature;
- type of substrate used in the manufacture.
Each tiller manufacturer indicates the most suitable brands in accordance with GOST. With the Honda engine, various gearboxes can be installed, under the features of which the oil is selected.
For petrol cultivator
Gasoline engines have become widespread because they are highly effective when applied. Unlike diesel devices, gasoline ones vibrate less during operation, there are no problems with starting in winter. In this case, fill in the following oil:
- SA. a similar option can be used at low mechanical stresses, when no additive is required in the composition.
- SB is a substance suitable for use in the medium range of mechanical stress. The special composition provides a low oxidation state, stable lubricating properties.
- SC. lubricants of this group are suitable for servicing motors that are not equipped with a PCV system. This option eliminates the likelihood of the formation of various deposits at high temperatures.
- SD. a product in this category is used for motors equipped with a PCV system. In comparison with the previous version, it copes more effectively with the task of protecting the surface from the formation of deposits.
- SE. used for servicing engines that were produced after 1972.The special composition protects the device from wear and corrosion.
- SF. the substance is used to service engines that were released after 1980. New production technologies have improved the performance of the substance.
- SG. similar oils began to be produced for engines produced after 1988. In terms of basic qualities, the product is similar to that of the SF category, but, at the same time, it differs in additional properties.
- SH is the version of the grease that has been on the market since 1992. This category includes universal lubricants.
The most common cultivator is gasoline, because it is easier to maintain and operate.
How to change?
Anyone can change the lubricant in the tiller, but if there are any doubts, it is better to contact a highly qualified specialist. The procedure for updating with oil liquid in any model of chillers is the same, whether it is an instance of Enifield Titan MK1000 or any other motor from the Nikkey line.
First of all, it should be remembered that the oil changes exclusively on a hot engine, that is, the system must first work for at least 30 minutes. This rule applies not only to four-stroke, but also to two-stroke engines.
Thanks to the above nuance, the warm spent mixture easily flows into the container placed from below. After the used oil is completely gone, you can start the replacement process.
First you need to unscrew the breather plug, drain the remaining used oil and, if necessary, change the additional oil and air filter. Then you need to fill in fresh liquid and return the plug to its place. Pour new oil carefully so that it does not get on other parts of the system, otherwise an unpleasant odor will arise.
In the gearbox
The gearbox is the most important part, because it is he who is responsible for converting and transmitting torque from the gearbox. Careful care and high-quality oil used for the device significantly prolongs its life.
To replace the oil composition in the gearbox, it is necessary to perform a number of manipulations.
- the tiller must be placed on a hill. best of all on a pit.
- Then the hole for the disposal of used oil is unscrewed. The stopper plug is usually located on the gearbox itself.
- After that, a prepared container is substituted for draining the spoiled lubricant.
- After completely draining, the hole must be tightly closed.
- When these manipulations are carried out, clean oil must be poured into the gearbox.
- Then you need to screw the hole plug.
It is worth noting that in some models of gearboxes, for example, in the Efco line, there are through bolts that determine the amount of oil, which can be guided when filling with fluid. In other models, there is a special dipstick by which you can view the total volume of the filled oil composition.
The initial oil change is made after the break-in time has elapsed. For example, for the Energoprom MB-800 model, the running-in time is 10-15 hours, for the Plowman ТСР-820 unit. 8 hours. But the line of tillers “Oka” is designed with a run-in of 30 hours. Subsequently, it is enough to drain and fill in new oil every 100-200 hours of full operation.
When buying a new tiller, the kit must include accompanying documents, in which there are special sections with recommendations for proper care and operation. The names of oils ideally suited to the unit are also indicated there.
First of all, you should understand the basic functions of oil fluids. Liquids do the following:
- system cooling;
- getting the smearing effect;
- cleaning the inside of the engine;
During the operation of the tiller in an air-cooled engine, the oil liquid begins to burn, respectively, the burnt particles remain on the cylinder. That is why there is the formation of a smoky exhaust. In addition, resinous deposits are the strongest contaminant for the rest of the tiller, which makes it more difficult to lubricate the parts.
Tiller oil is preferably filled with antioxidant fluids, which are a cleaning agent for the interior of the unit.
For the correct choice of oil fluid, it should be remembered that each individual composition is intended for a specific season and climatic temperature.
In simple words, it is impossible to use summer oil at temperatures below 5 degrees. this can lead to engine start failure.
- The summer type of oily liquid is used exclusively in the warm season. Has a high level of viscosity. No letter designation.
- Winter oils are used during cold weather. They have a low level of viscosity. The letter designation is W, which means “winter” in translation from English. This variety includes oils with the SAE index 0W, 5W, 10W, 15W, 20W, 25W.
- A variety of multigrade oils is more popular in the modern world. Their versatility allows you to fill the engine with fluid at any time of the year. It is these lubricants that have a special index in the general classification: 5W-30, 10W-40.
In addition to seasonality, oils are divided according to their composition. They are:
In addition, all oils differ in the performance requirements of 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines.
Tillers typically use an air-cooled 4-stroke system, so the oil must be 4-stroke. During the winter season, the most preferred option is a transmission engine oil, for example, 0W40.
The price of the issue, of course, is high, but the reaction of the unit lies in its long service life.
Tiller oil: which is better to fill and how to change?
- Which is better to choose?
- How to change?
- In the engine
- In the gearbox
- How to check the level?
- Can I use car oil?
Buying a tiller is a pretty serious step that you should prepare for in advance. For the long-term operation of the unit, it is necessary to carry out timely preventive work, if necessary, replace parts and, of course, change the oil.
How to check the level?
Checking the oil level is carried out using standard technology, to which every person is accustomed. For this, a special probe is present in the tiller’s device, which goes deep into the unit. By removing it from the hole, at the tip of the dipstick, you can see a limit strip, the level of which is equal to the level of the oil. If there is not enough liquid, then it must be topped up. On the other hand, this nuance forces you to check the entire system, since a low level of lubricant indicates that it is leaking somewhere.
In addition to the standard dipstick, some models of tillers have special sensors that automatically indicate the amount of lubricant present. Even in the process of replacing the oil fluid, it can be used to determine how much the size of the lubricant composition has increased or its lack.
Which is better to choose?
As mentioned earlier, there are several types of tiller oils. It is necessary to use the liquid recommended by the manufacturer of the unit. for this, it is enough to carefully study the labeling of the device and read the instructions.
In addition, each separate type of oil is divided into several types according to its chemical composition. In most cases, manufacturers try to manufacture units with the ability to use the most common types of oils. synthetic, mineral, and semi-synthetic, for example, Mannol Molibden Benzin 10W40 or SAE 10W-30.
It is worth noting that this lubricant contains a friction modifier that creates a strong film on the inner surface of the parts. This greatly reduces the wear rate of the tiller.
Another marking that should not be forgotten is the designation of the properties of oil exploitation. It also comes in several varieties. For example, category C is used for 4-stroke diesel engines, and category S is used for gasoline.
A certain total can be derived from this data. Given the engine variety, a high level of demand is directed to multigrade oils labeled 5W30 and 5W40. Of anti-corrosion oils, 10W30, 10W40 are popular.
At temperatures above 45 degrees, oils marked 15W40, 20W40 should be used. For winter cold weather it is necessary to use oil liquid 0W30, 0W40.
In the engine
The primary oil change in the internal combustion engine occurs after 28-32 hours of operation. The next replacement can be done no more than 2 times a year. in summer and winter, even if the unit has been idle for some time. To start the replacement process itself, it is necessary to prepare special attributes. a funnel and a container for draining the spent liquid.
At the bottom of the engine there is a hole with a cap through which old oil can be drained. In the same place, a container for draining is substituted, the locking cap is unscrewed, and the spent liquid is drained. It is necessary to wait a while for the residues to completely drain out of the engine system. Then the plug is screwed into place, and fresh oil can be poured.
Its quantity must be identical to that of the drained one. If it is not possible to make a measurement, it is better to look at the technical data sheet of the unit, where the required number is indicated in grams. After new oil has been added to the engine, the level must be checked. To do this, just use a special probe.
It should be noted that in some engines that are sensitive to oil fluids, for example, Subaru or Honda, it is assumed that a certain class of oils is used, that is, SE and higher, but not lower than the SG class.
This instruction is a general guideline for both two-stroke and four-stroke models. specific information on how to change the oil fluid in the tiller is best considered in the instructions for a particular unit.
Can I use car oil?
It is strictly forbidden to use engine oil in chillers. Unlike a car engine, a chiller has certain principles of lubrication and an appropriate temperature regime for operation. In addition, tiller motors have certain features. These include the material of construction from which it is made, as well as the degree of forcing. In many cases, these nuances are incompatible with the characteristics of automotive oils.
Changing the oil in the tiller. a detailed algorithm for beginners
Before pouring a new lubricant into the gearbox, it is necessary to clean the mechanism from the used composition. The oil change is as follows:
- Place the chiller on a level, raised surface. It is best if there is an inspection hole in the garage. by installing the unit above it, it will be much easier for you to change the oil in the tiller’s gearbox;
- The mechanism has 2 plugs. One of them is used to drain the spent composition, and the second closes the hole in which you need to fill in a new product;
- First, unscrew the oil filler cap. Then place a wide container under the drain plug;
- Carefully unscrew the drain cap and wait for the used oil to drain out;
- After that, screw the drain cap up to the stop using the spanner wrench;
- Insert a funnel into the filling hole and add new oil;
- Then screw the cap back on and unscrew it again. there is a 10 cm dipstick at the end of the cap that will help you determine the amount of oil poured. If the oil is at the end of the dipstick, it means that you no longer need to top up the lubricant. details about changing the oil in the tiller’s gearbox will be told in the video.
Under normal operating conditions, the oil in the tiller’s gearbox should be changed no more than once every 100 hours of operation. If the unit is used around the clock, then this should be done more often. at least 1 time for every 50 hours of operation. This will help prevent damage not only to the gearbox, but also to other mechanisms of the agricultural machine.
How much oil to fill in the tiller gearbox?
Finding the answer to this question is quite simple. To do this, you will need to proceed in the following order:
- Place the tiller on a flat surface so that the wings of the unit are parallel to the surface itself;
- Take a piece of wire, at least 70 cm long. it will act as an oil dipstick;
- Bend the wire into an arc;
- Push the wire inside the tank to the very end, and pull it out.
If the oil is at the level of 30 cm of the wire length, then there is no need to add oil. If the wire remains completely dry, then you will need to pour at least 2 liters of lubricant inside the gearbox.
Tiller gearbox: device, types, oil and oil seals change
The gearbox is one of the most important parts of the tiller. Its task is the uninterrupted transmission of torque from the motor to the wheels by means of a V-belt transmission. Among other functions of the gearbox, one should highlight the change in the speed and direction of movement of the agricultural unit.
DIY tiller gearbox
Many tiller owners often wonder how to make a gearbox with their own hands. This is not as difficult as it might seem. To work, you need to prepare a number of tools. You will need:
1of 2 MTD Roto-Tiller
- Straight and oblique screwdriver;
- Hacksaw for cutting metal;
- Pliers or pliers;
The order of manufacturing a reducer for a tiller is as follows:
- First of all, you need to make the body of the mechanism. To do this, take several steel plates and weld them together in the form of a box. To save time, you can also take the body from the Ural motorcycle shaft and modify it a little;
- Gears are also needed to make the gearbox. They can be taken from the old Druzhba chainsaw. The main thing is that each gear has whole teeth, otherwise the home-made mechanism will not work;
- Cut off the tip in one of the shafts and drill a hole;
- On the other side of the gearbox, install the second shaft, and attach the cage and bearings to it;
- At the end, the output shaft will need to be connected to a pulley.
The homemade tiller gearbox has a simple design, so the mechanism can be repaired in 20-30 minutes.
What kind of oil to fill in the tiller gearbox?
The answer to this question should be known not only to beginners, but also to experienced farmers. The serviceability and service life of the tiller gearbox largely depends on the quality and characteristics of the oil.
Before purchasing a lubricant, check the agricultural machine manufacturer’s recommendations. The second important factor is the cost of the oil. You do not need to buy the cheapest lubricants, since in most cases they are not capable of ensuring the normal operation of the mechanism.
Husqvarna Tillers. Maintenance
Tiller gear oils are divided into several types. Depending on the labeling, the following lubricants are found on the market:
- SAE. These formulations are used in environments with frequent and severe temperature fluctuations. Thanks to this, oils with this marking can be used almost all year round. When buying such oil, you need to pay attention to the number that is in front of the letter W. The smaller the number, the lower the temperature at which you can fill in the oil;
- ASEA. oils with this marking are considered almost universal. over, the higher the number in the marking, the more difficult the conditions in which the composition is applied;
- API. oils with this mark are the most common. They are successfully used for lubrication of all types of gearboxes, and provide long-term operation of mechanisms in the most severe conditions.
All of the listed types of oils for the tiller gearbox have their own characteristics. Be sure to study them, and compare the indicators with the recommendations specified in the tiller’s instruction manual.
Tiller reducer device
Like any other tiller mechanism, the gearbox of an agricultural unit consists of certain elements. Taking into account the type of the gearbox, its design can be equipped with certain parts. Basically, the gearbox device in detail looks like this:
- Cover and pulley;
- Input shaft bushings;
- Adjustment and shift lever;
- Fork and shift axle;
- Gear wheel in the intermediate shaft;
- Shaft block;
- Double-row chain;
- Sprocket block;
- Washers and seals;
- Input shaft;
- Right and left axle shafts;
- Double asterisk;
- Bracket and spring;
- Clutch fork.
How the tiller gearbox is arranged will be described in more detail by the mechanism diagram below. Despite the rather complex design of the mechanism, its dismantling and reassembly will not raise questions even for a beginner. This requires:
- Completely remove the reducer from the tiller;
- Unscrew the screws and remove the protective covers;
- Carefully remove the bushing on the input shaft, dismantle the lever and the fork, the switching mechanism;
- Remove the input shaft and gear from it;
- Remove the shaft bushings and the chain;
- Dismantle the shaft block and remove the sprockets from it;
- Remove the intermediate shaft together with the gears;
- Remove the clutch, left and right axle shafts.
After completing all the above steps, you get the tiller reducer in analysis. After repair, the mechanism must be assembled in the reverse order.
What are the tiller gearboxes. types and purpose
Modern tillers are equipped with gearboxes of different design and purpose. The mechanisms used for the operation of agricultural machines are divided into the following types:
- Angle gearbox for tiller. a mechanism of this type serves as a connector for the motor and transmission of the unit. Excellent characteristics and low cost of such a unit make it one of the most popular among farmers. The design of the angular gearbox allows you to modify it, increasing, thereby, significantly increasing the performance of the mechanism;
- Reducing gear for the tiller. the task of this type of mechanism is to increase the power of the motor and reduce the number of its revolutions. Such gearboxes are considered one of the most reliable and efficient mechanisms, since they consist of durable steel parts that are practically indestructible, and a regular air cooling system. tillers equipped with such gearboxes can easily cope with any load, and can solve many economic problems;
- Reverse Gear. This reverse rotation mechanism is installed between the bevel gears, which, in turn, are located on the main shaft of the tiller. This reversible circuit is quite simple, so it takes no more than 10 minutes to disassemble it. The main advantage of a reversible gearbox is the ability to reverse. Among the disadvantages should be highlighted the low productivity of the mechanism and low speed when moving the tiller in reverse;
- Gear reducer for tiller. heavy tiller is equipped with this type of mechanism. It is primarily used to transfer the torque generated by the motor to the wheels of an agricultural machine. Among the main advantages of the gear reducer are high reliability and simplicity of design. The only drawback of such a mechanism is the complexity of maintenance. However, most tiller manufacturers equip their equipment with a gear reducer. If you plan to make a homemade gearbox, then it is best to make a gear-type mechanism;
- Worm gearbox for tiller. the distinctive features of this mechanism include the presence of a special screw and a gear worm wheel. For the manufacture of each of the elements of such a gearbox, materials with increased strength are used. The gear ratios of worm gearboxes range from 1 to 4. The number of gears directly depends on the number of threaded channels on the screw of the mechanism. Among the main advantages of a worm gear, the high efficiency of the mechanism should be highlighted. It is used in the manufacture of equipment that requires a reduced angular velocity and the highest possible torque. Worm gearbox provides smooth running and low noise level during tiller operation.
Each of the listed types of mechanisms has its own advantages and disadvantages. This should be remembered when choosing a tiller equipped with one or another gearbox.
How to change oil seals on a tiller?
If you find an oil leak from the tiller gearbox, then this indicates the need to replace the oil seal of the mechanism. This procedure is performed in the following order:
- First, remove the cutters from the shaft, thoroughly clean them from dirt and oil residues;
- Remove the bolts from the cover protecting the gearbox. If the lid “sits” too tightly on the body, you need to tap it with a hammer;
- Pull out the old oil seal and wipe the area under it;
- Apply sealant to the edges of the new gland, install the part and screw the gear cover.
On average, oil seal replacement takes no more than 10 minutes. Make sure the sealant is completely dry before using the tiller.
All of the listed tips for changing oil and oil seals for tiller reducers are suitable for agricultural machines Farmer, SKA, Neva MB-1 and MB-2, as well as for units of the Kaskad and Oka brands.