How to Launch a Petrol Trimmer First Time
- How to start a trimmer motor or lawn mowers?
- Start lawn mowing for the first time or after a long downtime
- Add fuel through the holes for the candles
- Ignition System Check
- Engine cleaning
- Spark Arrester Integrity Check
- Unstable carburetor operation
- Fuel tank drain
How to start a trimmer is a question that owners are puzzled in case of a device breakdown. And after successful repair of the trimmer, the owner tries to avoid a repeat of the same situation.
The reason the trimmer fails may be:
- Tank overflow;
- Excessive pumping of fuel into engines equipped with a manual supercharger;
- Wear in the motor of valves, cylinders, nozzles, cam followers and other moving parts;
- The tanks run out of gasoline and / or oil;
- Out of order spark plugs;
- Clogged fuel or air filters;
- Misregistered or burned valves in the motor.
How to start a trimmer motor or lawn mowers?
The new trimmer is simple in commissioning.
- Check the motor type of the device. Trimmers are equipped with a 2- or 4-stroke motor.
- Buy oil for this type of motor. Gasoline for trimmer – AI-92/93/98, sold at all gas stations.
- Mix oil with gasoline. Mineral oil is mixed in a ratio of 1: 34 with gasoline, synthetics – in 1: 50. Follow the recommendations of the manufacturer of the trimmer for the viscosity of the oil (see the label on the flask). Most often used multigrade oil 5W-30. Do not use unchecked motor oils.
- Pour a small amount (e.G. 0.5 liters) of the resulting fuel into the tank.
- Close the air damper by sliding the desired lever (see instructions).
- Turn the ignition key (or handle) to the “on” position – without this the trimmer will not start. Beginners often make this mistake.
- Pump some fuel into the carburetor – if there is a manual “rocking chair” with a separate button or lever (see instructions). It takes 4-7 clicks.
- Set the trimmer on a flat surface.
- Gently pull the starter cord until you feel it is braking. Then pull it out sharply, but not completely. Repeat this movement up to 4 times.
- If the engine does not start, open the air damper again, otherwise the candles will fill with gasoline with further cord movements. Perform 2-3 attempts to start the engine with the handbrake open.
- If the engine still does not start, close the shutter and make a few more attempts to start it.
- After starting the engine, press the throttle lever to engage idle.
Start lawn mowing for the first time or after a long downtime
Lawn mowing differs from the trimmer in that the cutter for the grass is not a fishing line, but a mechanical gearbox or a winch based on gears, equipped with a knife. The knife drive is much more powerful than the forestry mechanism – a powerful lawn mowing is also used when cutting bushes. Both Chinese and European lawn mowers are no different when the declared power is real.
To lubricate the gears of the gearbox, lithol or solid oil is used. After checking the gearbox, prepare for operation the motor itself – according to the above instructions. If the start failed, the problem is already in the engine.
Add fuel through the holes for the candles
If there is no manual pumping on the trimmer motor and the device does not start up, pour some fuel into the motor itself through the spark plugs. Do the following.
- Check if the fuel level in the tank is sufficient to drain a small amount. Only 20 ml will be required.
- Remove the cap from the candle and unscrew it with a candle key.
- If the candle is dirty on a used trimmer, rinse and bake it. There should be no deposits on the electrode electrodes. Do not damage the ceramic insulator of the center conductor. In the new trimmer, check the candles for a factory defect.
- Return the spark plug back and check the spark ignition (discharge between the electrodes) when the starter fires.
- Remove the candle again. Using a 20- or 50-cc syringe, pour 20 ml of gasoline into the hole from under the candle.
- Insert and fix the candle, setting the value of its technological gap of not less than and no more than a millimeter.
- Pump up fuel with the swap button (or lever) – if it is on your trimmer model. Press the button every 4 seconds.
Video: How to Launch a Petrol Trimmer First Time
Now try to start the engine. Close the air damper immediately after starting.
The correct first start-up and running-in of the lawn mowers are very important steps in the start of operation of a new tool. On the one hand, they make it possible to preserve the motor resource of the gasoline engine laid down by the manufacturer, since at this stage grinding of moving units and parts takes place. On the other hand, the first necessary skills for working with a trimmer are acquired, if we are talking about the first tool in my life.
- Preparing for the first launch of the lawn mowers
- Inspection and lubrication of the lawn mowing gear
- Preparing the right fuel mixture
- First Trimmer Trigger
- Getting Started Running Lawn Mowers
Preparing for the first launch of the lawn mowers
Before you make the first start of the lawn mowing, you need to perform a series of sequential actions:
- Inspect the gearbox and grease it;
- Prepare the correct fuel mixture.
Inspection and lubrication of the lawn mowing gear
Checking the gearbox before starting the gas trimmer must be done on a regular basis. The absence of lubricant or its small amount increases the friction of the gear transmission of the gearbox operating at rather high speeds. As a result, overheating and gears occur. The lawnmow reducer fails. Prevent the occurrence of such damage during operation and helps regular inspection.
If, before starting the gas spit, an insufficient amount of grease in the gearbox or its absence is detected, “LITOL” is put into the housing. To do this, it is necessary to unscrew the screw on the bend of the gear housing and syringe “LITOL” in the amount of 1-2 ml.
Preparing the right fuel mixture
Before you start running in a new lawn mowing engine, you must also properly prepare the fuel mixture. As you know for two-stroke engines, it is prepared from special two-stroke oil and gasoline, taken in certain proportions. You can find out the proportions from the instructions that came with the tool or on the lubricant label. From the instructions you will also find out the recommended type of fuel, as well as the recommended type of engine oil.
Going to run in a new lawn mowers, many are faced with the problem of preparing the fuel mixture. And the reason for this disagreement in the instructions of the manufacturer of the tool and in the instructions of the manufacturer of motor oils. The former recommend a proportion of 1:25. The second recommend 1:50. Who to believe? How to proceed?
According to experts, if in the instructions for the lawn mowers the manufacturers write the proportion 1:25 or 1:30, then most likely this is either a cheap tool with poor cooling, or the manufacturer does not know which oil the consumer will add. But here it must be understood that an excess of lubricant does not affect the performance of the trimmer in the best way. Excess oil does not completely fade during engine operation. It cokes, clogs the cylinder and piston.
What to do in this situation when running a new tool? An ideal option would be to buy exactly the oil recommended by the manufacturer of the lawn mowers. In the case of run-in motors, when it is not possible to purchase the recommended oil, it is best to purchase a good Husqvarna two-stroke oil for the gasoline tool of the same name. It is not cheap, but it lasts for a long time. It must be disturbed as described in the instructions on the bank.
First Trimmer Trigger
When everything is checked and the prepared fuel mixture is poured into the tank, the time comes for the first start of the trimmer before it is run-in. To do this, perform the following manipulations:
- Place the lawn mow on a flat horizontal surface;
- Move the choke control lever to the closed position;
- We pump up a few strokes of the primer fuel into the carburetor;
- Turn on the ignition toggle switch;
- Gently pull the starter cord until you feel resistance;
- After that, make a cord 3 … 4 sharp jerks until the lawn mowing starts;
- After starting, open the air damper.
Getting Started Running Lawn Mowers
After starting, do not rush to run the trimmer immediately. Allow the engine to idle for about 5 minutes. While warming up, adjust the choke lever with the choke lever so that the spool with fishing line or knife does not rotate. As soon as the tool warms up, we completely open the air supply by transferring the corresponding lever to the “ON” position and squeeze the gas trigger by 1/2 and hold for 20 … 30 seconds. Then we dump the gas, let the trimmer work for XX for 30.40 seconds. In this mode, we continue for 10 … 15 minutes. Then we muffle and let rest 15 … 20 minutes.
Having cooled the lawn mowing, we continue to run the engine according to the previous scheme. Start on a hot, trimmer must already have an open air damper. Try not to hold gas for a long time, as the moving parts of the tool only rub against each other. And do not let the engine idle for a long time as it can overheat.
The next stage is the running-in of the gasoline braid gearbox. To do this, select a site with soft young grass. We mow 5 … 10 minutes with pre-gas for 1/2 … 2/3 of the full throttle. After we take a break for 20 … 25 minutes. The cycle is repeated 3 … 4 times.
In general, running the lawn mowers according to the described algorithm is performed until the fuel mixture is fully developed in the tank. After which the tool is ready for continuous operation. In the process, monitor the temperature conditions of the gearbox and motor. They should not overheat.