How to load line into the spool of a grass trimmer video
Threading the Line into the Grass Trimmer
The main question is how to properly wind the line on the spool of the grass trimmer, securely fixing it there?
In the case of a device with one antenna, up to four meters of fishing line are unwound, inserted into the hole inside it, which fixes the fishing line, one end of it and move in the direction indicated by the arrow. The end of the thread is fixed in a groove inside the bobbin so that it does not unwind during assembly. lawn mower Huter ggt 2500t video bought a Huter gasoline grass trimmer how to wind the line on. If there is no groove, then this free end is fixed with a finger. Then the coil is assembled.
How to refuel the grass trimmer coil if it has two tendrils? In this case, they check how many grooves there are on it. one or two. In the first case, both antennae are directed into a common groove, if there are two of them, then each of them into its own. 2-4 meters of thread is passed through the hole so that the free ends of the thread are of the same length, and twist the bobbin in the direction of the arrow-pointer. The ends of the thread are inserted into the grooves or held with a finger, the device is assembled and attached to the trimmer.
In a spool with two grooves, the same piece of thread is folded in the form of a loop, sent into the groove between them and the ends are wound at the same time. How to install a 2-blade knife on a STIHL fs 55 brushcutter. Video instruction on how to change the mowing heads of a lawn mower from a reel (line) to a knife. Then repeat the previous assembly. With semi-automatic winding, the bobbins operate as follows. The fishing line is passed through the hole inside, its ends are fixed in the holes on the body, collect it and press the button. This allows the thread to be easily wound in the correct direction.
It is important to remember that the cutting surface must be protected from hard objects so that it does not wear out. Otherwise, it will be necessary to constantly stop and, having removed the reel, replace the used line. Keep your job fun and enjoyable!
Single-barb grass trimmer reel
Many owners and specialists note the ease of use and ease of refueling the bobbin with one mustache. Depending on the manufacturer, the length of the threaded line can vary from 2 to 5 meters. The end of the line is inserted into the head into a special technological groove or hole, and the winding is carried out in the direction opposite to the working rotation of the bobbin. Most reels have arrow marks on the outside of the body that indicate the direction of travel of the grass trimmer reel.
After winding, you need to leave a free end of 15-30 cm to enhance the centrifugal force, which is decisive when removing the trimmer line in automatic and semi-automatic spools. We pass the left end through the working hole of the coil and assemble the head.
Preparation for winding the line
Before the winding process, it is necessary to remove the spool with line from the body. Depending on the manufacturer, power and type (electric or gasoline), there are three design types of trimmers:
Compact Power Grass Trimmers.
This type of tool has a lower position of the motor and head, which in turn has two side buttons for removing the bobbin. When pressed at the same time, the upper part of the reel with the line is disconnected, and the lower part remains rigidly attached to the braid. Experts recommend disassembling on a level platform in order to prevent the spring from jumping out.
This model provides the ability to install a knife. Removing the coil in such models is done by means of two keys recessed into the coil body. To mount the trimmer knife, it is necessary to align the hole of the reel and the rod, and then insert the device in the form of a steel pin (screwdriver, iron bar). After fixing the coil, the body can be easily unscrewed by hand in a clockwise direction.
Removing the coil from the grass trimmer
On small electronic trimmers with a motorized bottom (when it is near the ground when working), the reel usually has two buttons at the edges. Click on them and disconnect one half of the coil body from the second, which remains on the trimmer. Together with the first half, the inner part is also taken out, on which the fishing line is specifically wound. When parsing, be careful: there is a spring inside that can fly out and get lost.
On electric and gasoline trimmers with a curved bar (there is still no way to put a knife on such trimmers), you need to wrap the coil body itself with one hand, and with the other hand you need to start rotating the lamb on it counterclockwise. It is he who attaches the coil to the grass trimmer bar. Having unscrewed the lamb, carefully remove the entire coil, trying not to lose the spring inside.
How to tuck the line into a grass trimmer so you don’t get tired of working with it
Many summer residents use a grass trimmer to combat weeds. a scythe with an electric or gasoline engine. How to wind the line on the reel of a grass trimmer. photo and video how. It is convenient when working in hard-to-reach places for a lawn mower: near fences, flower beds, houses, in a garden on narrow aisles, and can cut small branches. How to load the line on the grass trimmer We recommend looking at how to wind the line. The main element of this miracle technique is an ordinary fishing line, wound on a reel. The device is simple, but the cutting part wears out quickly and needs to be replaced. And the question of how to fill the line in the grass trimmer worries many owners of summer cottages.
How to thread the line into the spool of the grass trimmer: winding instructions
A gasoline or electric grass trimmer is an indispensable tool in the arsenal of a modern summer resident or owner of his own home.
Thanks to these gardening devices, even a large garden plot can be mowed with ease. After purchasing this tool and performing several mows, many people think about how to properly wind the line on the reel of the grass trimmer. For an inexperienced user, the first operation to replace it will seem problematic and time-consuming, since the developers often do not fully reflect the instructions for replacing the fishing line in the operating manual.
Taking into account the models of the tool, the thickness of the line is 1.2-4 mm. In the market for gardening equipment there is a small how to fill the line with a grass trimmer nikea1750. There are such configurations:
- round. the most durable;
- curly. for soft grass;
- twisted or serrated. for thin grass;
- professional, not suitable for all instrument models.
When changing the cutting thread, choose the one that suits your type of grass trimmer. Preference should be given to specialized. It is best to soak the line in water for half an hour before tucking the line into the grass trimmer spool. 03/28/2018 shaliris Комментарии и мнения владельцев on how to install a coil on a grass trimmer how to make a coil. Then it will become more elastic and stronger.
Grass trimmer head modification
The mowing heads of the grass trimmer can be of various modifications: single-line for trimming the lawn (mows with one line of fishing line); two-string for mowing grass and land clearing with automatic line feed or manual string length adjustment.
Modern growers are increasingly offering gardeners versatile grass trimmers with two-line automatic mowing heads.
In this embodiment, the head is screwed onto the gearbox shaft. To remove it, you need to fix this shaft. To do this, in similar trimmers, for example, in the Huter and Champion, there is a hole through which you can insert either a thin screwdriver or a metal rod.
So, to remove the bobbin, follow 2 easy steps.
- Insert a screwdriver into the hole and lock the shaft.
- Grasp the head body and start turning it clockwise. Turn in this direction for the reason that the thread cut on the shaft is left.
How to remove and disassemble a coil
Before starting the cord replacement process, trimmer users need to remove and disassemble the reel. Let’s see how to do it.
The grass trimmer mowing head consists of several parts: a cover, a spring (not on all models), a bobbin with cord and a cover.
Attention! Before proceeding with any maintenance of the electrical unit, it must be disconnected from the mains.
In trimmers, 2 options for mounting the mowing head are most often used.
Types of trimmer heads
The grass mowing head is a cylindrical body in which a spool (bobbin) is inserted with a fishing line (cord) tucked in it. This design can be installed on both gasoline and electric trimmers. The heads differ in the way of threading and feeding the cord and are of 3 types.
- Automatic. Cord feed is performed after the user reduces engine speed. Although the automatic line feed is convenient if a large amount of work is being done, such bobbins have one drawback. a high thread consumption.
- Semi-automatic. The use of this type of heads does not require the user to perform complex manipulations. The principle of their operation is designed in such a way that the cord lengthens automatically while the apparatus is operating at full speed. It is enough to lightly bang the grass trimmer head on the ground (this removes the blocking of the cord), and the line is pulled out of the bobbin due to centrifugal force, and then it is cut to the required length with a knife located on the protective cover.
- Manual. To lengthen the cord, the device must be stopped, after which the line is pulled manually.
Based on the above, semi-automatic bobbins are the best option. It should also be borne in mind that grass trimmer reels are single-string (used only for trimming grass) and two-string, which are used for mowing tall grass and small, thin-stemmed bushes.
The thread does not hold
It happens that the thread unwinds if the spring in the semiautomatic head has weakened. The line is constantly extended and cut with a knife installed on the cover, which increases its consumption. To check this, remove the cover and turn on the unit. If the line “climbed”, then you will need to replace the spring.
No cord feed, coil does not spin
An automatic or semi-automatic head should feed the line without stopping the unit. But if it does not come out, then the reasons may be as follows:
- the fishing line is incorrectly wound in the reel, due to which the latter does not spin;
- the cord is wound unevenly, and the thread can get stuck between the turns (the thread should be wound neatly, turn to turn, without distortions);
- too short ends of the thread come out of the holes, as a result of which there is not enough centrifugal force to extract them, and the line is not fed (it is recommended to always adjust the length of the cord before starting the unit, pulling it slightly);
- the line is stuck together (will be discussed later).
Trimmer users, both gasoline and electric, sometimes have problems with the cord. “Advanced” mower owners can easily cope with the difficulties that have arisen, understanding why this is happening, and for beginners it is a problem that has no rational explanation. But in fact, everything is solved quite simply. The most common problems that happen with the line are as follows.
The line is flying out
The reason that the cord unwinds after starting the unit can also be a weakening of the spring inside the head. In addition, there are times when the mowing head flies apart when the machine is turned on, and the spring installed in it is lost. Inexperienced users do not notice the absence of a spring and assemble this unit without it. Therefore, the cord does not hold, and under the influence of centrifugal force flies out.
How to wind the line around the mowing head of a grass trimmer or brushcutter
The video carefully shows how to wind the line around the reel of a grass trimmer or brushcutter. Refueling with mowing line.
Automatic line winding on a spool
There is a type of reel in which the automatic mechanism winds on its own. from the user it is enough only to correctly fill the line. The fishing line is passed through a hole on the inner part of the body, its antennae without winding are passed through the hole on the outer body, the reel is assembled, and when the winding button is rotated, the fishing line inside is wound independently. In such a spool, it is impossible to make the winding wrong: the mechanism itself will determine the correct direction, since it can only turn in one direction.
To finish work
The remaining end of the mowing line is then passed through the hole in the protective cover. After that, the reel and its protective cap are connected, and this time a piece of line already passes through the hole on the protective cap.
The assembly is mounted on the trimmer by turning clockwise until you hear a distinctly audible click. By the way, before setting the line to the trimmer, you can better understand its design. Otherwise, you can easily break something.
It’s all. The tool is placed in the working position, turned on, after which an additional section of the line is cut by itself against a specially made blade for this purpose.
So you learned about how right fill the line with a trimmer!
Coil with one working tendril
The simplest option and uncomplicated sequence of actions:
- The dimensions of the reel and the length of the original factory winding determine the recommended length of the line for winding. 2 5 m.
- One end of the line is inserted into the fixing technological hole located inside the spool.
- The fishing line is wound on the drum in the opposite direction of the spool rotation on the trimmer product. as a rule, on the inside of the reel, an arrow indicates in which direction the winding is carried out.
- A small section of the fishing line is left free to lead it out. it is fixed in a specialized groove on the inner side of the bobbin, designed to hold the winding when assembling the bobbin into working condition.
- The left end of the line is passed through the hole in the outer part of the reel.
- The bobbin halves are assembled and put on the trimmer bar.
Preparation. remove and disassemble the spool
On most electric and petrol trims, you will need to remove the spool to replace the line. The FUBAG tool lets you skip this step. To make the instruction universal, we will still consider it in detail:
Secure the shaft. Insert the locking element into the corresponding hole. It can be a thin screwdriver or a metal rod.
Unscrew the bobbin case. In our example, strictly clockwise.
Unscrew the cover according to the direction indicated on the body.
EASIEST WAY TO STRING YOUR WEED EATER
The preparatory stage has been passed. You can proceed to winding the fishing line.
Winding the Line to the Grass Trimmer
Measured and accurate dismantling of the spool from the spool of the grass scythe makes it possible to go directly to the winding of the line. The design features of the head, the number and location of the fixing holes dictate the sequence of actions when performing this operation, and also determine the methods used. Today there are several types of reels, depending on the number of line antennae and the methods of threading it:
String Trimmer Head | How to install new trimmer line on a traditional bump head
- Trimmer head with one working mustache;
- A bobbin with two line tendrils;
- Auto winding reel.
First of all, to wind the fishing line, you need to remove the spool (bobbin, spool) from the grass trimmer. specific actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of the product itself:
- small electric grass trimmers with a working motor and bottom reel usually have side buttons on either side of the reel. When pressed at the same time, the upper part of the spool together with the inner content for winding the line is detached, while the lower part remains on the trimmer. It is advisable to disassemble the bobbin on a flat, smooth place so that the spring included in the structure does not jump out and is not lost;
- electric and gasoline grass trimmers with a curved bar without the possibility of installing a knife, as a rule, have spools with a special wing: in such designs, hold the spool in a stationary position with one hand, and rotate the locking reel on the rod with the wing nut counterclockwise with the other. After disconnecting the nut, the entire bobbin is removed.
- electric and petrol grass trimmers with the option to mount the blade on a straight bar (e.g. STIHL grass trimmers) have a hole under the reel. For the rod to remain stationary, a screwdriver or other suitable object is inserted into this hole and, with slow rotation, such a mutual position is achieved when the screwdriver enters the hole and the bobbin is fixed. The spool body is then rotated clockwise (left-handed) and removed from the grass trimmer.
For the second and third cases, the coils, depending on the design, are disassembled in different ways. In bobbins with a lamb, a lamb is unscrewed, in coils with latches, the latches are pressed and one part of the coil is released from the other. If the halves of the bobbin are connected by thread, then it is enough to turn them by hand in opposite directions until they are completely unscrewed.