How to lubricate the brushcutter gearbox. Gearbox grease.
Buying any kind of equipment is a kind of lottery, but a lot also depends on the gardener. In caring hands, and Chinese samples serve for a long time and do not fail their masters at the wrong time. And if you forget to lubricate the Lawn Mower gearbox on time, do not clean the filters, use cheap low-quality gasoline, then garden equipment from the most famous brands will become a headache.
Lubrication of the Lawn Mower gear reducer is one of the most important elements of the maintenance of the petrol trimmer, which the user must carry out directly.
Time and procedure for the prevention of the gearbox.
I recommend that you necessarily carry out the prophylaxis of a new gas trimmer immediately after purchase, with the addition of lubricant to the gearbox. Despite the high cost of gardening equipment, some manufacturers save and put grease only at a minimum, at the time of break-in.
How often to lubricate the brushcutter gearbox.
Often, a routine inspection of the transmission with the addition of liquid grease is carried out once a year at the beginning or end of the season. If the gas trimmer is not used by you in professional volumes, this is enough.
For large mowing volumes, it is necessary to lubricate the brushcutter gearbox every 20-50 hours of operation. If the operating conditions of the garden equipment are difficult, for example, a large field is mowed at a time, and at the same time the brushcutter does not have time to cool down, or cheap lubricants are used, then the lubricant must be checked and added every 20 hours of operation.
Indirect evidence that it is necessary to lubricate the gearbox may be overheating or increased unit noise. In these cases, if during inspection it is found that there is enough lubricant in the assembly by volume, then I recommend that it be replaced as a whole, while it is advisable to choose a different manufacturer of auto chemical goods. Also, a complete replacement of the lubricant, with disassembly and washing of the unit, I recommend when buying a used gasoline trimmer.
Grease for gas trimmer gearbox.
Assortment of lubricants for garden equipment
According to the instructions, a special transmission fluid grease should be used to lubricate the bevel gear. As a rule, gardening equipment manufacturers produce and recommend the chemistry of their brand as the most adapted to their devices.
At the same time, in order to reduce the cost of operating garden equipment and increase the attractiveness of the auto chemical brand, grease for garden equipment is usually produced multifunctional. It is intended not only for the lubrication of gearboxes of gasoline trimmers, but also for the processing of hoses, gears and gearboxes of any garden equipment and mechanical devices operating under high loads.
Even if the specialized lubricant for the gearbox was almost completely developed during operation, the additives still create an effective lubricating protective film on the surface of the gears.
It should be noted that many owners of motokos in the former CIS expanses use ordinary Litol-24 or lithium based grease for lubricating the gearbox. It is convenient to refuel the gearbox with a 5-cc medical syringe. Many motorists, instead of the side screw, pick up the threads and screw the grease fitting from the cars that have served their crosspieces. This refinement allows the addition of Litol without disassembling the assembly using a grease gun.
An undoubted advantage of using Litol and lithium-based lubricants for refueling the brushcutter transmission is the reduction in cost of operation. But there are nuances due to which spears break on forums of gardeners of Internet space. My thoughts are on the topic of what can be lubricated with lithium-based greases and what is not, read in the article “Litol as a lubricant for a Lawn Mower gearbox”.
How to lubricate the gearbox of a brushcutter, gas trimmer.
17 side bolt on gas trimmer gearbox
For safety reasons, in order to avoid accidental start-up, all maintenance work on the scythe must be carried out with the electric cap / plug removed from the spark plug. Do not turn the trimmer over to avoid gas leaking.
We unscrew the side screw on the Lawn Mower gear. Depending on the manufacturer of the garden tool, a turn-key bolt may be used instead of a hexagon screw, usually by 17. The thread is normal, turn off counterclockwise. Do not lose the sealing washer.
Add specialized grease
If no grease is visible on the inside of the screw, add 3-4 grams. Turn the gear by hand, changing the direction of rotation so that the grease is distributed over the gears. Repeat the operation several times. On average, about 5 to 10 g is included in the gearbox. The assembly must be completely filled with grease, taking into account the installation of the screw. Then reinstall the screw by tightening it firmly.
As you can see, it will not take a lot of time or special skills to lubricate the gearbox on the brushcutter. Usually, we’re going to take longer than we do the entire amount of preventive work. Reliable to you garden equipment. Share your experience with petrol trimmers in the comments.
Video how to lubricate the brushcutter gearbox:
Trimmer reducer. malfunctions, causes and solutions
1) Trimmer malfunction: The gearbox is very hot. The mowing malfunction is the same as the trimmer. Causes of malfunction: Lack of lubrication in the trimmer gearbox, improper lubrication or poor gearing of the new gearbox (when parts have not yet been rubbed). Do-it-yourself trimmer repair: Add grease to the trimmer gearbox, replace the grease or run the brushcutter in a gentle mode (develop three fuel tanks under light loads and with occasional stops for free cooling). Do-it-yourself brushcutter repair is similar to trimmer repair.
2) Trimmer malfunction: Knock, play and seizing when rotating the trimmer gear shaft. A mowing malfunction is similar to a trimmer. Causes of the trimmer malfunction: Destruction of one of the bearings in the trimmer gearbox due to lack of lubrication in the gearbox, improper lubrication, harsh operating conditions of the trimmer, damage to the anthers on the bearings during their installation. Do-it-yourself trimmer repair: Order bearings from a dealer and replace them (there are two or three sealed bearings). for details, see below “How to disassemble a trimmer gearbox”. Do-it-yourself repair of the brushcutter is the same as a trimmer repair.
3) Trimmer malfunction: The gearbox staggers or flies off the trimmer pipe. The mowing malfunction is the same as the trimmer. Causes of malfunction: Mechanical damage to the gearbox gear case. for example, if a piece of the body breaks off after a strong blow with a knife against heavy metal or stone (or if the gear case is damaged, for example, with a hammer during repair). Do-it-yourself trimmer repair: Replacing the gear housing. Or, if a small piece has broken off, make a metal collar that tightens the fault. Attach. Do-it-yourself brushcutter repair is similar to trimmer repair.
4) Trimmer malfunction: The gearbox on the pipe does not clamp. As practice shows, the gearbox does not fly off the pipe, but theoretically. it can fly off the pipe together with a rotating knife. A mowing malfunction is similar to a trimmer. Causes of trimmer malfunction: Deterioration of the gearbox seat on the pipe (the aluminum of the pipe under the gearbox is worn out). Do-it-yourself trimmer repair: Wind up cloth tape on the pipe under the gearbox or replace the pipe. Do-it-yourself repair of the brushcutter is the same as a trimmer repair.
5) Trimmer malfunction: The trimmer knife completely stopped rotating (with a characteristic metallic sound) or stops rotating at high loads (with a hard gnawing sound). The mowing malfunction is the same as the trimmer. Causes of failure: Wear of the teeth on the bevel gear in the trimmer gearbox. Do-it-yourself trimmer repair: Replacing a pair of bevel gears (replacing a pair) in the gearbox. for details, see below “How to disassemble the trimmer gearbox”. Do-it-yourself brushcutter repair is similar to trimmer repair.
Video: How to lubricate the brushcutter gearbox. Gearbox grease.
How to disassemble the trimmer gear.
In order to disassemble the brushcutter gearbox, it is necessary to remove it from the pipe, loosening the two clamping bolts under the gearbox, wash it with a brush, for example, in gasoline without oil and dry it. Then use the pliers to flatten the ends of the circlip and remove it. Remove the second retaining ring in the same way. Then it is necessary to heat the trimmer gearbox housing strongly with an industrial (technical) hairdryer at an exhaust air temperature of 600 ° C, then, with strong blows of a wooden block on the top of the gearbox housing, knock out the driven shaft with the bearing and gear (first try to knock the bearings out without heating). It is only necessary to hit with a wooden block, since a metal case, for example, with a hammer can be broken. In the same way, we remove the drive shaft with the bearing and gear (we heat up the place where the bearings sit and blows a wooden block along the body of the shaft coaxially, we knock out the shaft with two bearings and gear). How to disassemble the brushcutter gearbox. In order not to heat, you can try to use shooting.
Assembly of the brushcutter gearbox is carried out in the reverse order of disassembly (assembly after purchase and replacement of failed parts). Assembling the gearbox is much easier than disassembling. everything is collected, literally, with your fingers. Sometimes you need to lightly tap something, install the snap rings and check if the driven shaft is spinning by hand.
If you decide to replace the trimmer gearbox with a non-original one, then in the new gearbox you should pay attention to the diameter of the pipe for which the gearbox is intended (usually 25.4 mm or 26 mm), the diameter of the drive shaft (usually 8 mm), the square size of the drive shaft (more often 5 mm or a star with 9 teeth) and fastening the protection on the gearbox, as well as on the nut (with left-hand thread, often M10x1.25).
How to lubricate the trimmer gear.
It is necessary to lubricate the trimmer gearbox at least once a year, but it is better to check the grease after every 20-25 hours of operation or when the noise of gears appears in the gearbox gearbox. How to lubricate the brushcutter gearbox. For lubrication, you first need to clean the plug itself and the area around the plug from the ground and grass residues so that they do not get into the gearbox when filling it with grease. Then you need to unscrew the plug to lubricate the gearbox (for example, for ECHO petrol scythes. this is the key to “17”, for Huskvarn. the 6-sided key to “5”, for the Chinese petrol scythe. the key to “12”). It is better to use the grease from the same manufacturer as your trimmer, or just from world famous brands such as Oleo-Mac, STIHL, Husqvarna, Oregon, LiquiMoly, Litol-24, Azmol 158, etc., if only there was no fake ! If a new tube is used, we print it out by removing the cork with your fingers or by breaking the jumper in the tube nose with the back of the lid. Then we put the brushcutter on the left side, and with one hand rotating the knife (so that the gears spread the grease and the entire volume is filled), with the other hand squeeze the grease out of the tube slowly through the hole inside the gearbox until it is completely filled. Then we twist and clamp the trimmer gearbox plug and the grease tube plug. If the grease is not in a tube (and, for example, in a jar), we take a medical syringe without a needle, take out the piston, fill the grease with a grease gun (you can use your finger), and then fill the brushcutter gearbox with grease.
Reference! The trimmer reducer and the brushcutter gearbox is a mechanical device located at the bottom of the trimmer (brushcutter) and designed to transmit torque from the engine to the cutting equipment at an angle of 30 °, ensuring the operation of the cutting equipment in a horizontal plane (parallel to the ground surface), and also reducing angular speed and increasing the torque of the output shaft in a ratio of 1: 1.40 (if the engine runs at 12 thousand rpm., then the knife will rotate at a speed of 8.6 thousand rpm).
Tags. Trimmer gearbox, causes of mowing machine malfunction, how to disassemble the trimmer gearbox, how to lubricate the trimmer gearbox. How to disassemble a brushcutter gearbox, a brushcutter gearbox, how to lubricate a brushcutter gearbox.
Note: Dear site managers, when copying this material an active link to the source (to this article) is required!
Grease for trimmer gearbox. How and how to lubricate?
Sometimes, in the midst of intense grass mowing operations, your trimmer begins to make unpleasant, grinding sounds. This complains about the lack of lubrication of the gearbox. the most intensively loaded unit of the device. And soon, these “warnings” may be followed by jamming of the drive.
What grease should be used for the trimmer gearbox?
In the process, the mechanical part of the trimmer is loaded with contact forces on the teeth, resistance reactions from adhering grass (sometimes with dirt), dynamic, impact loads due to constantly changing torque. The grease for the trimmer gear must fully take into account these features, so the selection of the brand must be strictly individual.
The following factors are taken into account:
- Brand of the manufacturer. Each brand is not unreasonably oriented on lubricants of its own manufacture (you can talk about cheap Chinese products later). This applies to manufacturers such as Husqvarna, Stihl, Huter, Makita, etc. The exception is domestic trimmers: for example, Caliber in the user manual does not indicate the brand of lubricant at all.
- The viscosity of the lubricant. As you know, all lubricating compounds are divided into three groups. highly viscous (colloidal systems containing various additives), plastic compounds of universal use and solid lubricants that soften during operation.
- Good adhesion to the surface of the gearbox parts, as a result of which the grease is not squeezed out into the gaps or out of the assembly.
- Gearbox lubricant consumption rate. Here you have to rely on your own experience and the recommendations of specialists, since some trimmer manufacturers, relying on the availability of their own service centers, generally do not give clear recommendations regarding the period of operation of the gearbox between the two lubrications.
The lubricant consumption also depends on the temperature at which it retains its lubricity. When the gearbox is heated to 40 ° C, it is considered that its operating conditions are satisfactory, and there is enough lubrication.
It is believed that there is no universal lubricant for the trimmer gear, but this is not entirely true. In fact, a suitable lubricant will be one in which the following components are present:
- Anti-wear additives containing no toxic lead;
- Solid lubricants with the presence of graphite or molybdenum disulfide (the latter is preferable, since the lubricity is fully preserved for a wide range of shaft revolutions);
- Only mineral (inorganic!) Oils with a high degree of purification.
The lithium greases Gear Grease OREGON or Champion EP-0, domestic compositions Oleo-Mas, Litol.24, or Azmol 158, as well as those recommended by the manufacturer of a particular trimmer model, fully meet the mentioned requirements.
How to lubricate the trimmer gearbox?
In the upper part of the housing, where the gear block is installed, there is a technological hole, which, when the trimmer is operated, is plugged with a screw. This screw is unscrewed, and 1.5. 2 ml of grease is introduced into the hole using the nozzle on the tube. If the lubricant was purchased in a different packaging, then for this operation, a regular disposable medical syringe is also suitable.
After that, the screw is installed in its original place. This procedure, regardless of the user’s recommendations, should be performed every 10. 15 hours of operation of the trimmer in operating mode. Other reasons for updating or replacing the gearbox lubricant are independent minor maintenance work (for example, cleaning and washing the gearbox gear before the summer season), repair of the unit, preserving the trimmer for the winter period, etc.
If the gear unit is disassembled, it is recommended to completely remove the remains of the previous grease from the surface of the parts, even if it does not have any signs of oxidation and contamination. And only then apply new grease. After applying the lubricant, it is recommended to turn the shaft manually several times, and make sure that the lubricant is evenly distributed over all parts of the gearbox.
When lubricating, special attention is paid to the following elements:
- Flywheel: on its surface, as a rule, the remnants of grass adhere intensively, and thickened grass juice creates additional resistance.
- The starter coil dog, which is constantly in contact with the grooves on the flywheel when the drive is turned on. In this case, not only mechanical wear occurs, but also mechanochemical corrosion of the flywheel-dog connection, since the materials for this pair are different (the flywheel is aluminum and the dog is steel).
- Bearings, if their seals are worn, and through them the grease is squeezed out. In this case, the unit begins to vibrate intensively when loaded. This happens with Chinese-made trimmers, so it’s worthwhile in the future to think about replacing the bearing assembly with a better one, for example, from the Swedish company SKF.
Gearbox grease | How to lubricate the trimmer gearbox? A large selection of ONLY interesting and cool videos from YouTube
Lubricating the flexible shaft and trimer gearbox.
The video shows in detail how to wind a line onto a reel of trimmer or scythe. Refueling the line of the trimmer’s mowing head is a simple activity and does not require special skills. Therefore, it is enough for a person to see once how to replace the fishing line on the trimmer head in order to repeat this on his own. I show the line winding features using the example of the mowing head from the Oleo-Mac Sparta 250 T. The mowing head may differ in some details from the mowing heads of other manufacturers (the differences are mainly in the locks of the mowing head. there can be one, two or more of them), but according to the principle they are the same robots, so the video will be useful for owners of trimmers and trimmers from different manufacturers. Thank you for watching! Subscribe to the HotSEM channel! Find out what the next video will be about!
Trimmer-how to carry out those. service. It is advisable to lubricate the trimmer reducer as often as possible. Without lubrication, you know, nothing works. If you want the trimmer to serve you faithfully for many years, you definitely need to do those. service, like any equipment. Read moreHome businesshttp: //www.vsebiz.ru
Caiman Lawn Mower with a steel disk. Japanese grass discs are sawing both wood and metal fence.
Every year, in the spring, the question is of preparing the brushcutters for operating conditions in the summer season. How I do it, you can see in this video.
To avoid premature wear of the gearbox gearbox, it must be regularly lubricated with a special gear lubricant. Many well-known manufacturers of motokos produce lubricants under their own name. The brushcutters are recommended to lubricate the gearbox every 10 hours of operation, and this is approximately once a season (provided that you have a regular summer cottage and you do not allow your neighbors and friends to use your trimmer). Do not believe in the misunderstanding that there is enough lubricant in the motor trimmer gearbox for the entire tool life. this is not true. The knife, on the gearbox lubricated in time, rotates for some time by inertia and during operation the gearbox does not hum. If you notice the opposite. lubricate the gearbox of your brushcutter as soon as possible and you will feel the difference in work! Thank you for watching! Subscribe to the HotSEM channel! Find out what the next video will be about!
WHAT IT IS NECESSARY TO DO WITH A REDUCER OF THE FOLLOWERS, WHAT IT HAS SERVED FOR LONG YEARS.