How to make a bucket on a tiller
To assemble the blade, you may need the following materials and tools:
- a bucket from an old and already unnecessary shovel;
- iron sheet with a thickness of at least 2-3 mm;
- tin barrel;
- Angle Grinder;
- welding machine;
- hammer and electric drill.
This list can be expanded with additional materials depending on which version has been chosen. For example, this list can be expanded with the following materials:
- tin strip 5 mm thick;
- stiffeners 3-4 mm thick;
- attachment lugs for traction;
- drills, washers, nuts and bolts (M12, M10, and M8);
- rods with a length of 520 mm;
- rubber sheet, etc.
Upon completion of the preparatory stage in terms of finding the necessary tools and materials, you can start assembling the blade shovel with your own hands.
Description of the fixture
To understand what drawings will be needed in the course of assembling the tool with your own hands, you need to understand what a shovel blade for a tiller is. a fully loaded tiller (Neva or another model) consists of the following parts:
- a pen. It is often made in the form of a “telescope”. This allows you to adjust its height. In addition, there are convenient handrails on the handle itself on both sides. With their help, the unit (Neva or another company) is guided in the course of movement. All handle parts are firmly fastened with nuts;
- ladle. It is fastened with nuts to the base of the electric motor.
- electric motor. It is located under the body and below it has the main ones for connecting a variety of nozzles.
In this case, the motoblock shovel itself consists of the following parts:
- the shovel itself;
- a device for adjusting the angle of rotation of the shovel;
- fastener assembly.
This add-on can have various modifications depending on the type of tiller (Neva, etc.). But the general features and principle of operation are characteristic of all models. Rotation of the structure is possible at the following angle:
- to the right (with a slope of 30º);
- to the left (with a slope of 30º);
As you can see, the shovel blade for the tiller acts as an attachment. Drawings for this tool can be easily found in specialized literature or instructions for the unit (Neva, etc.). Using them, you can easily make it yourself. Such a homemade shovel blade will be operated no worse than its factory counterpart.
What is it for
shovel diagram for tiller
After correctly connecting all parts of the tiller (brand Neva, etc.), we connect it to the outlet and remove the snow from the required area. But do not think that you will need such equipment only when clearing snow. The unit can also be used for cleaning plant debris from fields after harvesting, as well as for leveling the soil before planting cultivated plants. In addition, a shovel blade will allow you to transfer a small amount of land from one place to another.
As you can see, this tool is very necessary when growing cultivated plants in the garden. With its help, you can carry out certain tasks for the arrangement and improvement of the garden and personal plot.
There are several options for assembling this add-on to the tiller with your own hands. Which of them you will make the product depends on your preferences, available materials and tools, as well as free time. Consider the most popular options for making a shovel.
Option number 1. The easiest way is to make an instrument from an old steel barrel. Ease of manufacture is due to the fact that the barrel already has the required roundness. The tool assembly process is carried out as follows:
- we take a 200-liter barrel;
- we clean its surface from rust and dirt;
- we saw it into three parts;
- we weld two parts with a welding machine along the contour. This will give the structure additional rigidity;
- the bottom of the blade should be reinforced with a knife or a steel strip. In the reinforcement, you need to drill holes with a step of 10-12 cm and a diameter of 5-6 mm;
- in the resulting holes it is necessary to fix a safety strip made of rubber;
- then we attach the attachment system to the tiller to the resulting product.
Option number 2. Using an iron sheet. In this case, you need to carry out the following manipulations:
- clean the sheet from dirt and rust on it;
- bend the sheet. For these purposes, you can use any large semicircular object (barrel, buckets, etc.). In such a situation, you will achieve a better curvature and optimal shape of the sheet than when bending without additional devices;
- the lower edge of the sheet should be heavier. To do this, we weld a strip of iron or a piece of wire to it;
- turn over the resulting bucket. We weld fastening systems to its convex side, with the help of which it will be hung on the tiller (Neva and other firms).
The result is a plate that can be bolted to the machine. Now all you have to do is install the resulting tool and test it for durability and efficiency.
As you can see, both options can be done with your own hands in a home workshop. The dumps obtained in this way, subject to the technology of working with metal and the welding machine, will not differ in any way (in terms of physical, chemical and technical parameters) from the purchased models. At the same time, you will save a significant amount of money, since such a complete unit is quite expensive. The main thing in the assembly process is to deal with the drawing of the tool and properly weld all its components together.
DIY tiller bucket
If you have a tiller, then you can make a bucket for it and this will greatly facilitate your work when clearing snow in the yard, from paths, in the garden, and other places.
If you don’t have a tiller yet, we suggest making it yourself according to our diagrams and drawings here and here.
Bucket material can be found in your stockpile. The bucket base plate was taken from an old boiler with dimensions 850 x 450 mm (1), you also need to add a couple of parts. First, weld two 8 mm thick plates (2). Drill holes in them in the middle.
simple lawn tractor bucket build
One with 17 mm diameter for M16 screw (3), which secures and also serves for angle adjustment. Then, around the 17mm hole, drill five 11mm holes to adjust the bucket angle. Positions can be changed to the left and right by 45 and 30 degrees. A fastening bolt (4) passes through these holes, which can be made of an M10 bolt and is longer than both plates (2).
In order to attach the bucket to the tiller, you need to make a bracket.
It consists of two pipes welded together with a profile pipe (5, 6, 17). The pipe (5) is sized so that the screw (3) can freely enter, and at the same time, must fit exactly in size between the two plates (2). The screw should rotate freely in the tube.
For mounting with a screw (3) through an 11 mm drilled hole. The position of the diaphragm opening ensures the plates (2).
The pipe (6) must fit freely into the pipe (7) so that it can be easily removed. Use the dimensions for your specific purposes. The pipe (7) is welded to the profile pipe (8) with dimensions 80 x 60 mm. Adapt the length and height to the tiller. Position (8) welded perpendicular to prof. pipe 80 x 80 mm. This device will be connected to the tiller in this way: put a washer on the end of the tube (6) and tighten it with a nut (9, 10).
|Capture width, mm||1000|
|Shovel height, mm||450|
|Offset angle, degrees.||thirty|
|Capture width, mm||800|
|Overall dimensions L / W / H, mm.||850/280/370|
|Offset angle, degrees.||thirty|
Do-it-yourself blade for a tiller, drawings, video
Many owners of agricultural machinery are interested in whether it is difficult to make a blade for a tiller with their own hands, because a homemade shovel is no worse than a purchased one, and besides, there is an excellent opportunity to save money.
How much will a purchased shovel cost? Starting from 1800 rub. Up to 10 500 rubles.
If you use improvised materials, a sheet of steel, an old barrel, a gas cylinder, a pipe and elbows of a suitable size, then the price will drop dramatically.
We offer several different ideas with drawings that will help you make universal equipment with your own hands.
Aggregated on Tilleri Neva and Salyut
Universal shovel Bertolini 80 cm
Model range of motoblock dumps
We offer you to familiarize yourself with the popular factory models.
Snow plow structure for tiller
If we are talking only about the tiller as a power unit, then the snow plow “gadget” for it will also have its own characteristics.
First, it should be noted that the design will consist of the following parts:
- vertical blade;
- 4 racks to provide a structure of great rigidity;
- horizontal blade;
- bucket knife;
- rubber gasket;
- tie bars.
a tiller with a blade for cleaning snow is very often used in private households. To install the same equipment on a tiller, you will need tools:
- steel sheet 800x650x3 millimeters;
- steel plates (440x220x4 millimeters, 4 pieces);
- iron strips (800x100x4 millimeters);
- springs for fastening rods (2 jokes);
- profiled square pipe 40×40 mm, 1 meter;
- a set of washers, nuts and bolts;
- rods (520 mm long, 2 pieces);
- drills for metal;
- a set of keys;
- thick rubber sheet;
- an angle grinder and a set of cutting discs for it;
Blade installation requires brackets that are used on the tiller frame. Also, the structure is attached to the tiller due to two non-working rods, with the help of which the motoblock brackets will be unloaded. Snow blade is attached to the blade with steel bolts on the lower edge of the bucket.
After the blade is ready, you can attach it to the tiller and start clearing the area from snow, debris, leveling the ground and other necessary actions that will be performed faster with the help of a snow plow and with minimal labor costs. Such an apparatus can rightfully be considered universal, since it can perform various tasks. And self-assembly allows you to create equipment specifically for the needs of a particular owner. In addition, its price will be several times less than the factory models.
For many years of work of the structure, it is recommended to treat it with a special primer to avoid the formation of corrosion. Before this, all welding places must be carefully processed with an angle grinder. After priming, the structure can be painted. It is also important that the rubber strip of protection should protrude beyond the edge to avoid damage to the surface of the area.
Features of the construction of a snowplow
As another example, it is necessary to consider another option, which does not differ from the previous one, but still has its own characteristics.
For a dump that is in direct contact with snow, you need to prepare a steel sheet 3-4 millimeters thick. For racks that make the unit stiffer, you need to take steel 5-7 millimeters thick.
In such racks, holes are drilled with which the shovel will be attached to the rods. It is important that the fasteners of the homemade snowplow are vertical in relation to the agricultural equipment.
Such a model will consist of the following parts:
- a bracket that connects the device to a tiller or other equipment;