How to make a cart for a cinder block by yourself
A cart for a power tiller with your own hands
Single axle tractor. it is an indispensable equipment, which is useful for work in the garden. With its use, you can easily process the land and transport many different loads, such as tools, hay, various crops, fertilizers, material for planting, garden waste. If the standard model of the power tiller does not include a trailer, there is a solution to this problem. this is a self-made dolly for power tiller.
Motor blocks are: light, medium and heavy (professional). Models differ in their weight, power and functionality. A single-axle tractor can be equipped with an edger, hitch, plow, potato planter, mower, power rake, seeders and planters. Motor cultivators are considered analogues of power tillers, but this technique is designed to perform only one function. land cultivation in rare cases there are small additional features.
Advantages of a homemade cart
Advantages of a homemade cart
- An indispensable device on the homestead plot;
- Simple materials and technology are used in the creation;
- Saving money, because the approximate minimum and used from 8 thousand. and higher.
Disadvantages of factory carts:
- there is not always a unit on sale that fits all the parameters;
- Technical parameters and quality does not always correspond to the inflated price.
A cart for a power tiller is a trailed device that allows you to transport heavy and bulky loads on relatively small garden plots. The trailer is used for transporting animal feed, building materials, fertilizers or taking away trash.
The simplest factory version of the cart costs about 20000, but has little functionality and is not designed to perform complex tasks.
Homemade designs do not have the following disadvantages. The cost of materials and execution of work is several times lower, and the design is easily adapted to current needs.
attention! The main disadvantage of handmade carts. the master must be skilled in working with sophisticated tools.
According to the type of body part, the attachment is divided into these types:
One-piece structures are used to transport heavy loads. The sides are rigidly connected and do not open. The solid connection of the sides makes it possible to transport loads in bulk or packed form.
Tipping sides make loading and unloading the trailer easier. Reinforced frame allows the use of additional floor space. Tipper sides can be opened on either side or back side, depending on how the truck is used.
Tipper trucks are mainly used for transporting bulk material. A tipping system allows dumping on the surface, making unloading faster and easier. For large, heavy-duty carts, a hydraulic elevator is installed.
attention! The choice of the body type depends on the purpose of using the trailed equipment. If the master is not planning to transport loose materials, it is preferable to make a design with opening sides. Trailer will be stronger due to the absence of moving elements.
Peculiarities of design
Before assembling, during the design, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- Ways of connecting. It is necessary in advance to think in detail about how mobile components and assemblies will be connected to each other.
- Materials of fabrication. You will have to decide what exactly the trailer will be made of.
- Type of seat. It can be stationary and rotating.
You also need to determine the type of connecting assembly. It can be bush or on bearings.
The presence of a seat is a distinctive feature of carts for power tillers
Motor blocks and motor cultivators on trailers consist of such basic elements:
To withstand heavy loads, the homemade cart for the tiller is strengthened with special stiffening ribs.
A manual device is sufficient for a 1-axle trailer. Dumping 2-axle cart with a large capacity should be equipped with a hydraulic drive from the overturning.
If the load capacity exceeds 350 kg, the self-propelled cart is equipped with braking parts for safety. Mechanical brakes can be made by yourself. If these details are not taken into account, then in the case of overload during the descent from an elevation, the cart for a motor-pilot with his own hands will not be able to stop and will overturn. To keep it in the working position after detaching it from the tiller, it is fitted with end stops.
An experienced handyman will have no difficulty in selecting parts, tools and spare parts for the upcoming construction. The simplest option involves the use of such elements:
- Wheels. As they can be used wheels from a sidecar or car. You can buy them at a salvage yard or on any trading platform on the Internet. Important parameters of wheels are size and rim strength. They should be able to withstand loads up to 300 kilograms and more;
- Wheel axle. To make this element use a steel rod with a diameter of 30 millimeters. As for the length of the part, it is determined by the width of the body. It is important to choose the optimum rod size to prevent the trailer wheels from protruding over the bodywork;
- Support ring. Here you can use a tube with dimensions 58×4;
- Bolts m 8;
- Three beams for the supports;
- Wooden structures for the box;
- The frame for coupling with the power tiller;
- The driver’s seat (It can be made from improvised means);
- Elementary driver;
- Console from a scrap of metal pipe;
To make the undercarriage of the trailer, you will need the following parts:
- Pads 25×4;
- Flanges of size S4 ;
- Supports for pipes 58×4;
- Angles measuring 25×25×4 for the foot stand;
- A pipe for the drawbar;
The running gear of a trailer for a power tiller is made of a small number of parts, which are connected to each other according to a specific scheme. The maximum load is on the drawbar and swivel head. Because of this feature, they are reinforced by means of the stiffening ribs. Hinges are used to connect the driver. As for the tube-in-tube design, it is able to form a kind of a long pivot, allowing the trailer wheels to change their direction regardless of the direction of the wheel base of the tiller. In this way the probability of deformation is eliminated and the body can ride over potholes or bumps without the slightest stops or problems.
Bolts, locknuts and studs must be used to attach the drawbar to the center tube. An elongated hole is milled into the center tube, which will allow the fixing bolt to rotate along the axis of the hitch without longitudinal displacement.
Wheelbase is constructed from the parts of any domestic vehicles, selecting the wheels, springs and hinges. Parts and elements are welded to the beam, and the ends are attached to the spar.
For the manufacture of drawbar a tube of 60 × 30 millimeters, which is connected to the front parts of the spars. In turn, the edges of the rays are docked and welded to the towing part with a mechanical coupler, resulting in an analogue of the factory two-beam drawbar.
How to make a trailer for a power tiller with your own hands?
Having the diagram of a homemade trailer for a single-axle tractor on hand, you can begin to collect the necessary equipment.
- angles, channels and forged steel profile pipes. you will need them to make the cart frame;
- A metal rod, with a diameter of about 3 and a length of 107 cm. with its help, you will be able to make a reliable trailer axle. In the future, the rod will need to be welded to the angle supports and the longitudinal joint of the frame;
- a pair of wheels. they can be taken from old agricultural equipment or from a motorcycle. To ensure that the wheels fit better in their seats, their diameter need to grind the existing axle;
- boards. needed to make the body;
- Welding machine, angle grinder, electric drill. are necessarily needed to assemble the cart;
- a set of fastening screws and self-tapping screws. with their help, you will be able to fasten the boards to the body more securely
The correct sequence for assembling the trailer to the single axle tractor is as follows:
- To begin with, the frame of the bogie should be welded together. It should be as strong as possible, because it is on the components of the frame will be borne all the load of the carried luggage. The joints between the pipes and the channels must be reinforced with steel brackets;
- Immediately below the frame, the axle, which serves as the chassis, is attached. It must be positioned so that the wheels do not protrude over the edges of the trailer after mounting it on the frame;
- At the next stage, the wheels used are attached to the axle;
- Next, you need to assemble the body of the cart. To do this take some burr-free planks and fix them together by means of steel angles. The boards themselves should have a thickness of 2 cm. To make loading and unloading the harvest easier, one or more of the trailer’s bolts should be made hinged. For the manufacture of the bottom of the cart you will need to use edged board or sheet steel, at least 3 mm thick. in the second case, the design is more reliable and durable;
- In the front of the trailer you can install a car seat, fixing it to the axle;
- The cart hitch is also very easy to make with your own hands. To do this you need to use a suitable size piece of metal, and make a hole in it. The diameter of the latter should be such that the console can easily fit inside it. To make the hitch, you will also need bearings of suitable diameter. The latter are mounted on the outer plane inside the hitch, and the inner plane of the parts is fitted to the existing bracket. The bracket must be mounted without play. A video on making a trailer in detail is also available.
A dump trailer on a single-axle tractor is assembled in the same manner. The only difference is that at one stage between the frame and the axle to install a hydraulic actuator with holders. The latter should be designed for a load of 500 kg. Such a dump truck will save a lot of time and effort for its owner when unloading luggage.
How to make brakes on a trailer to a power tiller?
Self-made trailer will be convenient in operation only if equipped with an effective braking system. For its assembly and installation will be required:
- motorcycle brake drum;
- Motorcycle brake pads;
- spokes from a motorcycle wheel;
Uniform turning of the discs is quite difficult to do yourself without the right equipment, so it is best to order it from a specialist. The further order of assembling the brakes is as follows:
- You must first remove the rods and cables from the discs used. Immediately afterwards the drums must be sharpened. The machined parts should be securely fastened to the hubs;
- After mounting the drums, there will be a free space between the existing ribs. To close it, a strong metal wire must be wound around the ribs;
- Then the discs must be mounted on the axles, and secured by means of bushes. The latter should be set in a fixed position, so measures should be taken to prevent them from shifting to any side. For this purpose, a small piece of metal can be welded on the axle;
- Next, you need to install cables on the drums, and then pull them to the place where the driver controls. For the braking of the manufactured system, a separate lever with an intended transmission is needed. A car parking brake lever may be used for this purpose. In addition to the hand lever you also have to mount the valve for the brake system control on the trailer.
After making and installing the brakes, the homemade cart for the tiller will stop instantly at the command of the driver. If desired, the system can be controlled not only by a lever, but also by a pedal. In any case, working with a trailer equipped with brakes will be much more convenient and, importantly, safer.
The trailer with a braking system made in this way will be suitable for use on the Neva MB-1 and MB-2 motor blocks, as well as agricultural units produced by the MTZ and Oka brands.
If you want to assemble a cart with your own hands, you should not rely solely on your own knowledge. The process does not contain complex technology, but has a lot of nuances. The presence of a project will help to avoid gross errors, which, if corrected, require a lot of time and additional monetary investments.
Defining technical parameters
The design is based on the technical parameters of the trailer, including:
The range of factory-made trailers includes models with lifting capacities from 300 kg to 1000 kg. Their bodies are also available in various dimensions. A wide range of trailers makes it possible to equip a single-axle tractor with the most suitable device. Therefore, when determining the technical parameters of the self-made machine, it is necessary to take into account the technical characteristics of the motorized helper available in the farm.
All existing trailers are conventionally divided into 3 types:
These categories correspond to the classification of power tillers.
- Light. these are devices with capacity up to 4.8 liters. с. Recommended cart parameters: load capacity up to 300 kg; availability of one axle; body size 0,85-1,15 m x 1 m. Boards height. 30-35 cm. For hay and grass cuttings removal, railings up to 60 cm high can be installed additionally.
- Medium. machines with power up to 10 liters. с. Approximate parameters of the trailer: capacity up to 500 kg; one axle; dimensions of the body: 1 m х 1,5 m or 1,1 m х 1,4 m.
- Heavy. equipment with a capacity of more than 10 liters. с. Recommended parameters of the trailer: capacity up to 1000 kg; two axles; dimensions of the body: 2-3 m x 1,2 m. For safe operation of such equipment you need to equip the cart with a handbrake.
Synopsis! Regardless of the type, the tailgate of the trailer should be removable and hinged. This will make unloading or loading more comfortable.
In the process of assembling the trailer, to avoid overlapping parts and other errors will help to correctly compile the drawing. This should be drawn to scale for every part of the structure. It is better if its view is projected from different sides. Each part is described for convenience, specifying the name, dimensions, type of material.
Help! Readymade drawings to scale make it possible to calculate the amount of consumables, make a list of necessary tools.
Before developing the drawings gathered for the study of this information:
- the main and auxiliary structural parts, methods of their connection;
- how the movement of the trailer, coordination with the main unit;
- Whether the design provides for parking supports;
- Whether a tipping mechanism is planned to facilitate unloading;
- other technical details for each component.
- An example of an articulated connection between the driver and the cart:
Frame for the motor-block cart
To make a trailer for a motor-block with your own hands reliable and durable, you need a very strong frame. In the production of the grid for the frame will be suitable pipe 60×30 mm, in the section should be a square (rectangle) and an angle to connect 25×25 mm. To make the grid-frame, all parts need to be connected by 5 additional crossbars. At the corners of the frame-grid, 4 vertical struts are fixed to the longitudinal pipes with a welding machine. If the wheelbarrow for the power tiller will be with a hinged side, then the frames need to be produced separately and only then installed.
Trailer to the motoblock with their own hands is appreciated by many users. Owners note the convenience when transporting oversized tools, bags of garbage or fertilizers. The technique is in demand among dacha owners, who have plots far from construction stores. Video trailers for power tillers with their own hands
Depending on capacity.
Blueprints for trailers for power tillers allow you to get a product that will be useful in the economy. All the more, you can use the materials available to make.
This technique will help to perform heavy work on the transportation of necessary materials.
Multifunctional trailer for a motor-block with their own hands: steps of work, video instructions
Determined with the dimensions and sketching the drawing, you should calculate how many meters of rolled metal and how many channels will be needed to make a homemade trailer. This is necessary in order to protect yourself from unnecessary costs for the purchase of unnecessary parts and fasteners.
Necessary materials and tools:
- welding machine;
- steel angles 40×40 mm and 50×25 mm;
- 50×50 mm timber;
- 20 mm thick boards;
- cuttings of round and rectangular tubes;
- wheel and hub assemblies.
The future trailer will consist of four basic components connected by welding.
- 40×40 mm and 50×25 mm pipe scraps and angle bars are used to assemble and weld the frame.
- The body is made of 20 mm boards, which nodes are then covered with corners of steel.
- With the three supporting beams, which are made of wood, the body is mounted on the trailer frame.
- Wheels are installed on the structure. the ends of the axle bar must be sharpened to match the diameter of the hub bearings. It is necessary to trace the length of the rod. When assembled, the wheels must not protrude over the body rims.
- The rod is welded to the longitudinal joint body and longitudinal spars through the corner brackets.
- The trailer will be attached to the power tiller with the console, which should be made with your own hands. The lower part of this element is the axle around which the turning assembly rotates. Make the upper part so it follows the shape of the tool carrier. The bracket is attached to the attachment bracket.
- So that the trailer wheels work independently of the wheels of the power tiller, and the technique was easy to control, it is recommended to insert the drawbar into the body of the longitudinal joint and secure it with thrust rings.
The tipper trailer for the power tiller is ready. Now you can mount the footrest and the driver’s seat, from which the machine will be controlled.
Homemade trailer for a power tiller out of auto parts
If you make a drawing in advance and prepare the necessary materials and tools, you can assemble such a trailer with your own hands in 1-2 days.
- Front half-axles from “Zhiguli” or “Moskvich”;
- a 65 mm channel along the length of the body;
- angles 60×60 mm;
- Two 2 m long pipes;
- one 60×40 mm tube, 3-5 m long;
- welding machine.
The axle, which is made from a channel, is the supporting part of the structure. Its length depends on the length of the future trailer. Connect the axles on both sides of the channel by welding. Profile pipes are installed on top:
- One tube is placed in the center. It will act as a drawbar. Its length must be chosen according to the dimensions of the trailer unit.
- Two-meter pipes are laid along the edges of the channel, in the place where it meets the ends of the half axles. As a result, the joint of the channel should divide each tube in half.
- Short pipes are laid parallel to each other and fastened perpendicularly with angles.
To ensure structural strength and rigidity, from the front corners of the cart profile angles or pipes should be stretched. Joints can be connected by bolts or welding.
The trailer frame is ready. Now you can install a simple wooden body made by your own hands, a seat and hitch it to the drawbar.
After watching the video instructions and studying the article, you can understand that in order to make a trailer for a motor block with your own hands, you do not need to be a designer or mechanic. To implement the idea you need a drawing, the necessary tools, materials and a little desire and free time.