How to make a circular saw table
How to make a circular saw table
Euro-model. only the best home-made products of the Russian Internet! How to do it yourself, master classes, photos, drawings, instructions, books, videos.
- Homemade catalog
- Design ideas
- Homemade video
- Books and magazines
- The best homemade products
- Homemade products for giving
- Homemade gadgets
- Self-made car, for garage
- Electronic homemade products
- Homemade products for home and everyday life
- alternative energy
- DIY furniture
- Construction and repair
- Homemade products for fishing
- Crafts and handicrafts
- Homemade material
- Homemade products for the computer
- Homemade supergadgets
- Other homemade products
- Partner materials
How to make a simple do-it-yourself circular saw table
Many home craftsmen dream of self-cutting sawn timber. This is a simple matter, but without suitable equipment it is practically impossible. So why not adapt a hand-held circular saw for this and assemble a table with your own hands with the possibility of longitudinal and cross-cutting?
A hand-held circular saw can be used for this quite ordinary. The power and diameter of the disc directly depends on what and in what volume you are going to process. Remember also that the table attachment steals up to 20 mm from the maximum cutting depth, so single-handed saws with a 120 mm blade are of little use for such purposes. The presence of the circular functions for adjusting the depth and angle of cutting will give you more opportunities for fine processing of parts and cutting box grooves.
Table materials and bases
It is recommended to use 9 or 11 mm laminated plywood for the countertop. The material really deserves to go looking for it: durable, does not bend, the surface is smooth and slippery. It is ideal if at the point of purchase you order a cut according to the desired table dimensions, so that the edges and cuts are strictly rectangular. In our case, the dimensions of the table top will be 800×800 mm.
Almost any sheet material is suitable for the table body, for example, laminated chipboard with a thickness of 16 mm. You will need four strips without pasting the ends with dimensions of 400×784 mm. From them you need to assemble the walls of a rectangular box, fastening the strips with black self-tapping screws with preliminary reaming of the outer part by 5 mm. For strength and stability, bars of 40×40 mm are installed in the inner corners of the assembled box, it is better to fasten to them in the same way. The ends of the bars will be used to secure the table surface.
Such a fixture for permanent installation of the saw can be placed on top of any workbench of sufficient size. If you are planning a stand-alone installation, attach long pieces of wood in the corners of the box to act as legs. Do not forget that at the bottom they need to be fastened with crossbars and provide for the installation of additional oppression for greater stability.
Attaching the hand saw
Mark the longitudinal and transverse center axis on the wrong side of the plywood. Measure the width and length of your saw foot and transfer them to the table top markings. Determine the diameter and thickness of the lower guard and the distance it is from the edges of the support shoe. Mark a rectangle according to the received dimensions on plywood and cut a hole with an electric jigsaw.
Make one 10 mm hole in the four corners of the shoe. Drilling locations are arbitrary. Place the saw blade in the groove on the table top and align the shoe with the markings. Mark the centers of the holes made on the plywood and transfer them to the back side with a thin drill.
If there is not enough room in the support shoe to drill such large holes, use two steel plates with 6mm studs welded on, attached to the base of the saw with wing nuts lined with star washers. In this case, it will be a matter of five minutes to remove the saw for manual work and return it to its place without additional adjustment. The plates, in turn, have one large hole each, for reliable mounting and initial adjustment of the saw position.
To attach the saw to the table top, use M8 countersunk taper head plowshares. A hole of 8 mm is drilled under them from the front side and a countersink is made under the head, which, when not tightened, should protrude no more than 1 mm above the surface. On the reverse side, the bolts pass into the holes of the support shoe (or steel plates) and are tightened under a wide and spring washer, or with a nut with a plastic spring.
If the fitting was successful, the tabletop must be fixed to the box. In the four corners of the plywood board, you need to drill one of the same holes as for fixing the saw. The distance from the edges is half the side of the bar used plus the wall thickness of the box, in our case it is 30 mm. A 10 mm hole is drilled in the center of each bar, a steel foot M8x18 mm is screwed inside.
When the table top is secured, turn the table on its side so you have access to the blade and saw attachments at the same time. After removing the protective cover for a while, align the saw blade along the longitudinal axis of the table using a rail and a square. After adjusting the disc, tighten the retaining nuts well. Using a ruler or level attached to the disc, mark the edges of the table and trace the line of the cutting plane along them. Run along the mowing line several times with an awl, leaving a shallow furrow, such markings will definitely not be erased after long use.
The standard power button must be bridged, and if this is not possible, clamp it with a clothespin or a tourniquet. Instead of a button on the handle, a small power grid will be used, laid inside the box.
On the outer front side of the box, install a double “Start / Stop” button with latching. Its normally open contact is connected to the break in the power cable. The ends of the wire are connected to a socket outlet screwed from the inside.
After the saw is connected and checked in operation, it is necessary to pull the three times folded nylon stocking onto the air intake grill.
It is convenient to trim parts if there is a thrust beam that moves along the guides along the cut line of the mowing line. This can be made from ordinary 9 mm plywood.
You only need a few tablets:
- 150×250 mm 2 pieces.
- 100×820 mm 2 pieces.
- 150×820 mm 1 piece.
- 142×300 mm 1 piece.
As before, it is preferable to cut plywood with precision equipment. Three long planks need to be assembled in the form of a channel 150 mm wide and shelves 100 mm. Since the caps of the self-tapping screws will be facing the tabletop, you need to pre-drill the plywood and sink the fasteners under them, and then process the traces with emery cloth. It is safer to use confirmations instead of self-tapping screws.
Boards 150×250 mm are screwed on as channel bar plugs, the free ends are directed downward. The remaining bar is screwed between the shelves exactly in the center. If this beam is placed on a table, the side boards will drop down on the sides of the box with a gap of about 10 mm on each side.
Use ball bearing full extension furniture rails. First, attach them to the beam, and then try on and screw them to the body. The holes for the fasteners are oblong, use them to adjust the beam: it should slide over the tabletop with very little clearance and at right angles to the cutting plane. Slide the beam once with the saw on to make a cut at the bottom. For quick removal and installation of the beam, it is recommended to snap off the plastic clips on the rails in advance.
Adjustable rip fence
It is much easier to dissolve the forest if there is a longitudinal stop. It can be made from a conventional aluminum curtain rod or other lightweight profile with a perfectly flat edge and stiffening ribs. You will need a section along the length of the table, that is, 800 mm.
At 150 cm from the edges, make two holes of 8 mm and insert into them along the M8 bolt, orienting the thread down. Screw on the nut without washer and tighten firmly. Run two mowing lines the same distance from the edges of the table. At the intersection with the centerline of the tabletop, drill 12 mm holes. One more hole is drilled on the same fishing line with an indent of 30 cm.Using a router or jigsaw, make two thin slots, it is advisable to make an undercut as evenly as possible.
The stop profile is bolted into these slots, after adjustment it can be tightened with thumbs with a wide washer on the inside. If the cutting width needs to be changed frequently, fit the table body with door hinges for easy opening. To quickly adjust the stop, attach tape from a tape measure to the ends of the trimming table.
Installing a circular saw in a homemade table
After making the main body, the saw is installed in a homemade table.
- At the stages of manufacturing the table structure, all the necessary holes were cut in the tabletop.
- When installing a stationary saw, it is necessary to ideally adjust the inclination of the tool, otherwise the sawing of wooden parts will be of poor quality. The first step is to install the tool on the finished tabletop in all grooves and determine whether you need to change the slope. If the angle does not correspond to the desired one, then you will have to adjust it using special bolts, this is the easiest option. Or you can cut out special pieces that will be attached to the tabletop, and already on top of them, at the right angle, the saw will be attached.
- If the tool is in place correctly, all the holes converge, you need to position and fasten the sole to the table with bolts and tighten them from the inside using nuts with lock washers.
- After the hand-held circular saw is installed, you need to take a block slightly larger than those with which the tilt angle was adjusted, and fix it on the tabletop in the place where the saw platform was marked.
This block is needed so that after dismantling the circular saw from the table, you can build it in exactly the same place without using any additional markings.
How to make a table for a circular saw with your own hands?
- Selection of tools and materials
- Manufacturing process
- Installing a circular saw in a homemade table
- Safety engineering
The circular saw is an excellent manoeuvrable tool with high productivity. However, like all tools, the saw has some disadvantages. For example, you may have trouble cutting large pieces of wood. In such a situation, a special table made by hand will help you. This design will allow you to easily and quickly cut large parts without unnecessary problems.
It is quite simple to create with your own hands a multifunctional design for an electric circular saw, however, it is necessary that the manufacturing process goes strictly according to certain stages. Strict adherence to the advice is necessary so that there are no problems or difficulties.
- First of all, each master must create a drawing and a plan for the future product. According to the drawings, the work is much easier to perform, the risks of making something wrong or of poor quality are reduced. At the planning stage, you need to take into account the dimensions of the future structure as clearly as possible.
- After creating a plan and a rough sketch of the product, as well as preparing all the necessary materials and a set of tools, we begin to manufacture the table body. We align all the edges of the bar with a plane. Then, from sheet material and aligned bars, we assemble the base, the dimensions of which were determined at the planning stage. The working surface area is usually about 1-1.5 square meters. All parts are attached to each other with bolts and screws. At the end of the work, we get a box without the top and bottom parts.
- Next comes the manufacture of a tabletop for a sawing machine, it is cut out of plywood or chipboard sheet based on the size of the frame. The table top should be the same area or slightly larger. The main thing is that it does not outweigh the body to one side. If the table top is made of non-laminated material, then it should be sanded and trimmed. Further, using a ruler and a pencil on the table top, the marking of the attachment points of the saw to it, as well as the upper part of the table to the main body, is performed.
- The next step is to cut the hole for the saw itself. For this, measurements are taken of the support shoe of the sawing machine, which will later be used on this structure. On the reverse side of the tabletop, the corresponding markings are made, which will accurately determine the attachment point and the area along which it is necessary to cut the circular disc. For accurate marking, it is better to draw axes that connect exactly in the center of the plywood sheet. After determining the axes and making accurate markings, you need to cut a hole for the disc, as well as drill holes for attaching the saw shoe.
- The circular saw is attached to the plywood tabletop from the back (inside). To do this, you need to make 4 holes in the shoe of the saw itself, their diameter should be about 1 centimeter. Then you should completely align the saw and match all the markings so that the tool is level, all the marks and holes correspond to each other, the disc fits freely into the central hole of the tabletop. In order for the saw to be securely attached to the table, it is necessary to use special countersunk head plowshares, the head of such bolts must be deeply immersed in the sole of the tool and not stick out.
- Then the saw is set aside and the assembly of the table continues. In order for the structure to be stable. special attention should be paid to her legs. The legs that diverge downward will provide the best stability of the structure. They are fixed with large bolts and nuts.
The length of the legs is determined individually, in accordance with the height of the person who will work at the table. Ideally, the tabletop, and, accordingly, the saw itself should be located just above the master’s belt.
- The next step is to attach the tabletop to the cabinet. At a distance of about 3 centimeters from the edge, you need to make holes in the corners of the plywood, then holes are drilled in the corner bars for further fastening the bolts in them. Next, the parts are connected using steel fittings M8.
- After the structure is assembled, it is necessary to fix a special switch on the table, which will regulate the turning on and off of the saw with an electric motor. To do this, cut a hole in the housing for the switch and fix it with bolts, special glue or a construction screed. The switch must supply electrical power to the saw itself, which means it must be connected to any electrical source in your workshop using a cable. It attaches from the side of the bottom of the countertop using construction fasteners.
- Then you can make special stops. First, a cross beam is made, it greatly simplifies the work with the structure. It is carried out mainly from plywood or chipboard. First you need to cut out 2 strips equal in length to the width of the table, the second side should be about 100 millimeters, the corners of the strips must be rounded.
- Then the workpieces are ground and fastened with self-tapping screws at a slight angle, a metal corner is screwed inside. After that, the strips are attached to the table on movable furniture rails, which will allow these stops to move along the entire table.
- If you wish, you can make various additions to this design, it all depends on your skills. Some craftsmen remove the safety guard and all the devices for adjusting the inclination of the blade, this allows you to get an additional few millimeters of cut. Some replace the factory platform with a turntable of their own manufacture, with a professional approach this also gives a number of advantages in work.
- The construction is completed with the stage of processing and preparation for operation. The entire table should once again be sanded, wiped and varnished or with special agents that ensure durability of use and repell moisture and rust.
- Before using the saw on the table, you should check the saw blade itself using a square, since some unscrupulous manufacturers do not install the blade exactly at an angle of 90 degrees, as a result, the cuts turn out to be beveled.
- If during work you plan to use the table also for storing tools on it, then the dimensions of the tabletop should be more than a square meter in area.
- For manufacturing, it is better to use high-quality and durable materials, otherwise the table will not last long.
- The table can be supplemented with anything you like, for example, some manage to attach a special vacuum cleaner or a riving knife with a disc protection to it, so that chips and residues from cutting wood do not fly around.
- Choose a place for the table in advance, and also make sure that the floor where the table will be installed is level.
- If you have the desire and certain skills, you can make a folding tabletop or lifting table, but this will take more time and materials.
- If the table shakes or vibrates during operation, adjust the feet with suitable pieces of rubber.
Since a circular saw is an electrical device, it is better to work with it by a specialist who understands electricity. It is also better to entrust the transfer of the switch to another place to a specialist.
Selection of tools and materials
At the beginning of work, you need to make sure that all the necessary raw materials are always at hand, as well as a set of tools that would be useful throughout all actions. To create a table, you need the following materials:
- plywood about 2-3 centimeters thick or an identical piece of chipboard;
- wooden bars measuring 40×40 millimeters;
- metal building corners. 12-15 pieces;
- self-tapping screws of different lengths and bolts of different classifications;
- glue used in carpentry;
- means for treating the product against moisture and rust;
- external socket;
This set of materials is required for a standard construction of ordinary dimensions with an area of just over one square meter. Almost any hand-held circular saw can work on such a table, except for tools with small discs, since the cutting depth sags during attachment to the tabletop, on average by 1-2 centimeters.
The following tools will come in handy for your work:
Homemade table saw with built in router and inverted jigsaw 3 in 1
- marker or thick pencil;
- tape measure, metal ruler, angle;
- it is preferable to carry out work with wood, metal and chemicals outdoors or in a well-ventilated area;
- the workplace must be kept clean and tidy;
- periodically it is necessary to check the stability of the structure, as well as the serviceability of equipment and electrical appliances;
- before turning on the saw, you need to make sure that it is well fixed;
- when working, you need to use special glasses and gloves;
- you need to keep a first aid kit at hand.
Making a table for a circular saw is not that difficult, but it does require some skill in joinery. Having at hand the necessary tools and materials and clearly following the step-by-step instructions, you can make a table of the required dimensions, as well as equip it with all the necessary additions.
For how to make a table for a circular saw with your own hands, see the next video.
Homemade table can be made of wood
For such a table, wood, plywood or chipboard can be used. MDF and chipboard are also suitable. Some people prefer to choose steel or aluminum.
Steel plate circular machine table
It is not recommended to use plastic, it is completely unsuitable for a table of this purpose. If wood is selected, then after completion of the assembly, the product should be treated with a special antiseptic composition. This will provide reliable protection from moisture and help prevent rotting.
To make a saw table yourself, you need to prepare materials.
- Selected raw materials for the base. The thickness should be 21 mm.
- The beam required for the frame. An edged board with a length of 3 meters with dimensions of 50 to 150 mm is suitable. You need 5 pieces in total.
- Dowels made of wood with dimensions of 10 cm.Not less than 12 pieces.
- Joiner’s glue.
- Metal fasteners in the amount of 4 pieces.
- Metal corners. Enough 10 pieces.
- Self-tapping screws.
These elements must be prepared in advance and placed near the workplace.
Benefits of DIY
The table is made taking into account the fact that the hand tool will be installed and fixed on the table, thus turning into stationary equipment
The construction of an element with your own hands allows you to make the saw as suitable as possible for individual conditions. Difficulties in the process will not arise if you carefully study the issue. You can adjust the product to the desired size, distribute everything so that it is convenient for you.
It is quite within the power of every master to make a table for a circular saw.
The hand-made model will be one of a kind, which makes it unique.
Small tabletop circular stand
Table for a circular saw with your own hands. Drawings, photos, tips.
A circular saw is used to cut wood.
Using a hand saw is not always comfortable, using a table allows you to make the sawing process smoother and more accurate
The cutting base has a disc-like plane with a serrated outer edge. There are models not only of the manual type, but also with the possibility of fixing on the table.
It is difficult to work with large volumes of wood with a regular circular, so it is better to place it on a table.
There are several ways to acquire the latter for the convenience of performing manipulations. A table for a circular saw can be built independently, precisely following a certain pattern.
Circular saw table device
Scheme for making a table for a circular saw
Before starting work, it is recommended to go through the preparatory stage. Be sure to make a drawing. This will facilitate the process of creating the structure. First calculate the dimensions of the table, then transfer the obtained data to paper. The hole to be drilled in the structure must fit exactly the size of the saw. It all depends on the brand of equipment. Therefore, it is impossible to make a universal hole. The base must be stable and withstand well mechanical loads.
DIY circular table drawing
It is inadmissible to outweigh the structure to one side. The dimensions of the table top should be suitable for the cutting flow. The final version is determined based on individual desires. Some people work comfortably with a folding table or a product with small dimensions.
Drawing of a universal bench machine
An important point should be taken into account in the drawings. If you plan to leave tools or materials on the table during work, then the dimensions of the countertop need to be increased to a square meter in area. A suitable size would be 120 by 120 cm.A drawing should be done carefully and slowly in order to do everything correctly.
Circular table layout with detailed description
In addition to materials, you should prepare tools.
- pencil and marker;
- measuring instruments including meter and tape measure;
- manual frezer;
- grinding machine;
- sandpaper (should have medium or fine grain);
- plane and drill;
Build A Table Saw In 10 Minutes
You need to prepare everything in advance and keep it at hand throughout the entire process.
Deciding on the design and construction
The simplest version of a circular table is a structure made of fairly thick plywood and boards
The base can be made of wood or metal. For the countertop, leafy tree species are chosen. A special hole for the disc should be made in it. Convenience should be the key property of the created table.
Bed of the circular machine
Care should be taken to ensure its stability. Any loosening is unacceptable, otherwise it will negatively affect safety. The countertop should have the most even surface. Then the likelihood of injury during work will be reduced.
A circular saw table requires the presence of guides
The structure can be supplemented with a special riving knife. He can be filmed. It is equipped with a special disc protection, which allows it to get rid of the chips flying into the working.
Circular table guide carriage
Some remove the factory cover and exchange the factory platform for a homemade one. If you are not going to cut at an angle, you can remove the parts that adjust the inclination of the blade.
Manufacturing process: step by step instructions
Marking the attachment point of the saw to the table
Marking and fastening stiffeners
Tabletop for circular saw, ready-made
To make a quality construction, you must follow some tips. The process consists of several steps, presented in the table.
|one||The block should be trimmed on all sides using a planer. Then the frame of the future table is assembled from it. Several 5 mm holes must be drilled on each side of the countertop. Additionally, one pass-through is performed for the legs of the product.|
|2||Several holes of the same diameter are made in the drawers. In the legs, one through is performed. The diameter remains the same, 5 mm.|
|3||Proceed with installing the dowels in the table top. Before that, they are covered with wood glue. Legs and tsars are placed on top. If there are clamps with screeds, the product should be fastened with them. When the glue is completely dry, you need to fasten the drawers and legs using special metal fasteners. Additionally, it should be pulled off with self-tapping screws. You can add reliability and strength to the structure by using the corners. They will become an element of additional fastening, give stability to the product. For the short side, 2 pieces are enough, and for the long side, 3.|
|four||The next step involves securing the saw to the workpiece from the inside. There are several methods to accomplish the task. M4 bolts or self-tapping bars are suitable for fastening. The first case is fast and reliable. The second method does not involve additional holes, which eliminates the need for drilling. It is necessary to do a drank in bars, the width of which is equal to the dimensions of the saw platform. Further, self-tapping screws and bars on both sides fasten the equipment and the tabletop|
|five||After installing the saw, you will need another larger block. It, using self-tapping screws, is fixed on the basis of the structure. Fastening is carried out at the marks made when the platform was set in a level position. These manipulations will help, when removing the saw, return it usually quickly without looking for markings.|
|6||The saw blade is set in place. The base is sawn to obtain a longitudinal hole. Then the product needs to be turned over|
|7||Then the production of the parallel stop is started. Two strips are sawn off from the plywood. Their length should be the same as the width of the table. On average, these dimensions are 10 cm.The corners should be rounded|
|8||The resulting strips are sanded. They need to be fastened at an angle with self-tapping screws. A metal corner should be screwed inside|
|9||If you need to fix the stop on the base and the structure will be used often, you should attach the guide so that it is perpendicular to the disk. Attach the roller on the bottom. This will allow him to move.|
Attaching the legs to the table
Attaching the saw to the table top
Locking the trigger
The structure is completed and ready to use. When performing the described manipulations, it is important to remember the observance of safety measures. Also applies to any manipulation of the circular saw.
Check the position of the table and its firmness regularly. The structure must be stable, without loosening.
Example of a manufactured table for a circular saw
Table option for hand-held circular saw with lifting mechanism
Make sure the saw is securely fastened first, then turn it on. Do not hold the cut material with your hands. This will help prevent the wood from getting in your face as the knots begin to bounce. Additionally, it is recommended to use special safety glasses when working.
Be sure to wear safety glasses for safety.
These simple tips will help you avoid injury in the workplace.
DIY circular saw table
A circular saw is used to cut wood along the solid wood. Its cutting base is a disc-shaped plane with a serrated outer edge. Such saws are not only hand-held, but fixed on the table. How to make a universal circular table so that this cutting tool can be installed on it? Below are several ways to make a do-it-yourself circular saw table.
The second version of the circular table. Photo of manufacturing technology
A do-it-yourself saw-table is made of boards, as the most affordable material, quite often. To make this table you will need:
- plywood sheet (thickness 20 mm and more);
- boards 50 by 100 mm;
- bars 50 by 50 mm;
- several self-tapping screws;
- wood glue;
- one type of wood varnish.
A workpiece with a hole is cut from a plywood sheet with a jigsaw. a tabletop in which the saw will be placed. When marking the holes, they are guided by the dimensions of the saw sole. Stiffening ribs are made of the boards, which will be attached to the tabletop with self-tapping screws. In the process of fastening, the boards are pulled together with clamps. A start button is later installed on the front stiffener. For the manufacture of legs, boards about a meter long are used. They are bolted to the outside of the stiffeners.
- a sheet of laminated plywood with a thickness of 9–11 mm (800×800 mm);
- 4 sheets of laminated chipboard 16 mm thick (400×784 mm);
- several bars 40×40 mm;
- several bolts and screws;
- aluminum cornice.
Any hand-held circular saw with a large blade can be mounted on such a table. Drawings of this type of circular table can be easily found on the Internet.
Such a saw is made in several stages:
- A drawer of the future table is made from laminated chipboard sheets. It does not have a bottom, and the walls are held together using bars, which, in turn, must be fixed with bolts and screws.
- A cover is made of plywood with a hole into which you will need to insert a saw. The marking for the hole is carried out along the support shoe and the lower protective casing of the circular saw. The hole is cut with a jigsaw.
- The saw is fastened to the plywood with ploughshare screws with a countersunk cone head. The plywood cover is fastened to the chipboard body with a steel case of 18 mm.
- Wiring is laid along the side of the tabletop and a start button is installed.
Circular saw guides are made of timber or aluminum curtain rod.
Examples of finished tables for circular saws
It is not always advisable to make a table for a circular with your own hands. It can be too bulky and awkward, and it is difficult to adapt it for high-precision cutting of wood. Therefore, if you are not sorry to spend a certain amount of financial resources, it is better to purchase factory-made tables. They are made of durable and easy-to-use materials, are safe when switched on, and also have a factory warranty in the event of a breakdown.
The Jet JBTS-10 circular saw has a retractable table on each side, increasing the area suitable for work. Thanks to the belt wire, the sawing is quiet, and the service life of the electric motor is also increased. The presence of an eccentric clamp eliminates the displacement of the machine during operation, which makes it convenient to use in any conditions.
When using the table saw Caliber EPN-1100, it is possible to saw wood materials in the longitudinal and transverse directions, as well as at different angles. The tilt level of the saw can be selected and fixed.
In the sawing machine Enkor Corvette-10M 90101, side and parallel stops are used, which greatly facilitates the work. The saw blade can be tilted up to forty-five degrees when cutting. An industrial vacuum cleaner can be connected to the machine to remove wood dust. At the same time, the device is characterized by lightness and small dimensions.
Using the stationary circular saw Einhell TC (TH).TS 820 allows you to work with sawn timber in a mass production environment. It is a suitable tool for processing not only wood, but also fiberboard blanks. The design of this model provides a hole into which devices that produce wet and dry cleaning of the machine are connected. At the same time, the equipment is so compact that it can be installed on any workbench.
for the popular range of circular saws
Important! For home workshops, devices with a power of about 1 kW are usually sufficient. Before purchasing a model, this point is important to consider, since the overpayment for the saw itself and for the electricity it consumes, as a rule, is not justified by the need.
The choice of modification, taking into account the purpose
When choosing discs for a tool, you need to pay attention to their technical parameters.
- Sharpening angle of teeth. Soft materials are sawn with discs with teeth inclined in the direction of rotation of the disc. Negative angle models are required for metal cutting.
- Number of teeth. For cutting different materials, you should select blades with a different number of teeth: for soft. models with a large number of teeth, for hard. with a small number. For example, for wood, the minimum number of teeth is 24.
The marking of the discs includes data on its diameter and the size of the seat
To use the circular saw for a long period of time, it is important that it is not too heavy, is ergonomic and that the blades are well sharpened. Holding the unit in your hand for a long time is not at all easy. Operator fatigue can result in poor sawing performance. Therefore, many craftsmen working with saws practice installing them on a table.
Circular saws are often placed on a table
The idea of such a device is to fix the saw body under the table top so that only one saw blade is above the table. The workpiece moves along the table top and is sawn with a rotating disc. Such a stationary device greatly facilitates work and allows continuous work without loss of quality and quickly. Manufacturers offer a large number of saw models placed on tables Self-fabrication of the structure allows you not only to save money, but also to get the unit at your disposal in accordance with your own requirements.
Making a circular saw table is easy
DIY circular saw table. drawings
When processing wood, one of the most popular tools is the circular saw. This device, distinguished by productivity and convenience, allows you to significantly speed up the process of sawing molded timber or sheet materials. When carrying out work in significant volumes, it makes sense to think about the manufacture of a special stationary structure with a saw, which improves the safety, speed and quality of work.
DIY circular saw table. drawings
for popular models of jigsaws
In the platform of the purchased unit, it is required to drill mounting holes (if the holes were not provided for by the design). It should be remembered that after such revision, the official manufacturer’s warranty for the purchased instrument will be lost.
MDF (board made from the finest wood shavings)
The table top is cut in accordance with the required dimensions. It can be made from plywood with a thickness of 1.8. 2 cm, MDF, old furniture or from a sheet of metal, but this option is rarely used. Particleboard is not recommended in this case, since these boards are not highly durable. Plastic should also not be used as a countertop.
Important! The thickness of the cut directly depends on the thickness of the table. The larger this size, the shallower the depth the workpiece will be able to cut through the disc, since the working surface of the disc decreases.
It is advisable to mill the edges of the tabletop (no one canceled the aesthetics of the appearance even for working devices), after which one should go over the workpiece with a grinder.
A slot for a saw blade is arranged in the tabletop.
Marking is applied for hardware. The saw is attached to the bottom of the tabletop. Fastener caps should not protrude beyond its plane.
The saw is fixed to the bottom of the tabletop
Many do not use the platform drilling when installing the saw on the tabletop, but fix it with pressure blocks and self-tapping screws.
The table top is turned over to the working position and fixed to the bed. For fixing, it is recommended to use not only self-tapping screws, but also metal corners, which provide the required structural strength.
Many craftsmen are not limited to simply assembling a factory tool under the table. To gain a few millimeters in kerf thickness, they completely remove the saw cover, sole, and saw blade tilt adjustment (if not useful in the future). After that, a homemade platform is made, on which the saw is attached.
The power control of the instrument is displayed. To do this, you will need: a plug for an outlet, a plug for turning on the saw, a standard light switch, a piece of cable, clamps for clamping the power button on the saw, self-tapping screws and minimal wiring skills.
Power management removed
An outlet is attached to the inside of the table, from which a cable for the switch is taken out, which is installed where it is convenient. The device is powered from the nearest power source in the room. The saw power button is fixed with clamps in the recessed position. Released saw start control allows quick and easy tool control.
To work on the table, it is necessary to make stops and a carriage.
Circular table guide carriage
The carriage for sawing small pieces or cross-cutting lumber can be made from a plywood base and two wooden walls. It will move along two guides, which are made of pieces of a metal pipe with a cross section of 2 x 1 cm and installed in grooves made with a router. The parts laid inside the carriage are very convenient and safe to saw.
Slides for working with workpieces can be made of boards, plywood or metal.
They should be able to adjust the position depending on the width of the workpieces being cut. Stops can be not only longitudinal, but also transverse, as well as helping to cut at an angle.
If you do not want to tinker guides yourself, you can install a ready-made device.
You can put a ready-made device
After preparing the sketch of the structure (with the dimensions affixed) and purchasing the required materials, you can start working. You should start by making a frame under the countertop. It can be made from a shaped tube. Having a welding machine and an angle grinder on the farm, it is not at all difficult to do this.
- The necessary pipe sections are cut.
- Sidewalls are welded.
- Four pieces connecting the sidewalls are welded.
- All welding and sawing points are machined with a grinding wheel.
- Adjusting screws are attached to the ends of the legs, allowing you to set the table on a not very flat surface.
Metal frame under the table top
for popular models of welding machines
The structure must be painted to give it an aesthetic appearance and protect it from corrosion processes. It will remain in the frame to make holes for mounting the tabletop.
Also, the table can be made of timber or boards with a section of 10 x 5 cm.To assemble the frame, you will need metal corners, dowels and self-tapping screws.
Important! When using wood blanks, one should not forget about the obligatory processing of them from the effects of moisture and temperatures. For this, special formulations are produced.
Old furniture such as an office table can also be used as a base for a circular saw. It is only necessary that its base be solid. In most cases, the standard dimensions of such structures are quite suitable for wood sawing work. But it is recommended to install a new tabletop itself. Alternatively, glue two sheets of plywood with a thickness of 1.2 cm.This thickness will be quite enough to install a saw weighing about 5 kg.
Can glue 2 sheets of plywood
After making the base, you can proceed to the most important stage. surface preparation and saw installation.
Table. What you may need to carry out the work.
What should be a saw table
When arranging a stationary site for processing materials, several nuances are required.
- The structure must be stable and rigid.
- The material from which the table is made must be durable and durable.
- It is important that the table surface is perfectly flat.
- It is necessary to provide grounding.
Circular saw table design
Considering the above, you can be sure of the reliability of the installed structure and the good quality of the workpieces being processed, regardless of the amount of work.
Circular saw table. photo
The main components of the table: a frame and a smooth surface for placing workpieces.
The material from which the structures are made differs depending on the purpose, place of installation and frequency of use. For domestic needs, you can make a structure from boards and plywood and install it, for example, in a garage. Working with large volumes of materials implies increased requirements for the strength and reliability of the structure. The best solution in this case will be a frame made of a metal profile. To reduce vibrations and increase stability, many even concreted the legs in the floor.
Some tips for setting up your desk:
How To Make A Homemade Table Saw With Circular Saw
- the saw blade should be located strictly perpendicular to the table surface;
The saw blade must be strictly perpendicular
- the standard and optimal size of the table top is 1.2 x 1.2 m, but it can vary depending on individual requirements (if the table top is long, additional support legs may be needed);
- the height of the table depends on the height of the master, usually it varies between 0.8. 1.2 m;
- it is more convenient for the operator if the table is installed on legs, and not on solid sheets, for example, plywood;
- the width of the slot into which the disc fixed from below is removed should not exceed the thickness of the disc by more than 2 mm, otherwise the tool may quickly fail due to clogging with chips;
Circular table from a hand-held circular saw with your own hands
- the circular saw should be located in the center of the table so that there is no strong shift in the center of gravity;
- it is recommended to bring the saw operation control buttons to the tabletop or the top of the table leg.
Important! In many saw models, the holes for fixing the sole on the table are already provided by the manufacturers.
An example of a reinforced workbench for a circular saw
What is a circular saw
In everyday life and in production, a circular saw is necessary for sawing various materials (wood, slate, gypsum board, soft metal, plywood, etc.). This handheld power tool (standard) is designed for straight cuts from 40 mm to 140 mm deep (most manufacturers’ models allow you to cut right angles up to 85 mm, but for construction sites there is a range of more powerful equipment). During the operation, the operator holds the device firmly in his hands and carries out the sawing, moving along the workpiece. At the same time, there are no restrictions on the size of blanks in length and width. There is a possibility of sawing at an angle to the surface of the part.
Circular saw device
Saw models differ in power. The most budgetary devices have a power of up to 1.2 kW and are designed for sawing workpieces up to 4.5 cm thick. They are excellent for household needs, for periodic work for short periods of time and are simple and unpretentious. If you need to cut up to 6.5 cm, and you need to do this often and for a long time, you will need a semi-professional tool with a power of up to 1.8 kW. To carry out production tasks, professional equipment with a capacity of up to 2.2 kW is produced, withstanding long-term loads and capable of cutting parts up to 8.5 cm thick.In addition, a tool is produced for use in woodworking enterprises, capable of sawing workpieces with a thickness of up to 14, 1 cm.Its power reaches 5.5 kW, and weight. up to 100 kg.