How To Make A Dog House With Your Own Hands
Dog house – A necessary element of any private home ownership. You can build such a dog house with your own hands. You will need a minimum of tools and accessories. It is worth remembering that the animal will live in the booth for a year, so the issue must be approached responsibly.
How to start?
First of all, you need to decide on the size: the dog house should be spacious. It is necessary to measure the length of the pet, the height at the withers and up to the tips of the ears, the width of the chest. Each parameter is added 5-7 cm, as a result, we obtain the parameters of the depth and width of the kennel, as well as the size of the entrance. Necessary materials:
- wooden boards;
- bars with a cross section (size depends on needs, optimal use is 40×40);
- measuring tape;
- antiseptic impregnation;
- roofing material (any waterproofing coating is suitable, the main thing is to prevent water from getting inside the kennel);
- glassine (alternative is foam, mineral wool).
Everything you need is in easy access, most often all the tools can be found on the farm. Acquire an additional need nothing. And this is a big plus.
Building a doghouse
When performing work it is necessary to follow the procedure. To make the booth as reliable and durable as possible, we will work in several stages:
1. The bottom is constructed first.
A frame is made of bars to which the boards are to be nailed. There should be no gaps. The carcass of the future kennel is going to be hammered with boards, tightly and without cracks. The main thing – do not forget to leave a place to enter, which must be designated in two bars.
2. Dog box should be a protector from the cold
Therefore, the insulation is done. Glassine floor is laid around the floor and walls, which are fixed with a wall of boards. The inner lining is permissible to make of chipboard. Now the dog is precisely protected from winter frosts and strong winds.
3. Going to the roof
For this you will need a crate from the cheapest or second-hand batten. To prevent water from entering the booth, the roof is covered with roofing felt. Exterior walls can be finished in the same way, significantly increasing the life of the wooden structure.
If the appearance of the dwelling for a pet is important for you, then you can paint the walls with pinotex.
A few helpful tips to help make a better home for your caretaker:
- Dog box requires care. Therefore, the design must be made collapsible and easy to install. For example, the roof can be removable, then it will be much easier to clean the kennel.
- The bottom should not fit snugly to the ground. If you put the booth directly on the ground, the tree will soon begin to rot. Therefore, support should be used. Perfect for this purpose bricks. Thanks to them, melted snow or rainwater will not accumulate under the booth.
- It is important to drive nails as deep as possible, hats should not stick out, otherwise the pet may get hurt.
- The tree must be treated with antiseptic. You need to carefully clean the boards, this will avoid splinters in the paws of the dog. If you can, you can lay a blanket or a blanket on the floor, then the animal will be more comfortable.
- The roof is recommended to do a gable, so there will be more confidence that rainfall will not damage the structure.
- Choosing the location of the booth, it is worth considering that the place should be minimally windy. At the same time the dog should always see its owners and guests.
Great home for a faithful friend ready. Each owner, performing this task independently, must do everything efficiently and carefully, because the comfort and health of the dog will depend on the approach to the business.