How to Make a Table For Manual Circular
The circular saw is an excellent maneuverable tool with high productivity. However, like all tools, the saw has some drawbacks. For example, you may have problems if you want to cut large parts of the tree. In such a situation, a special table made by yourself will help you. This design will allow you to easily and quickly cut large parts without unnecessary problems.
Selection of tools and materials
At the beginning of the work, you need to make sure that you always have at hand all the necessary raw materials, as well as a set of tools that would be useful throughout all the actions. To create a table you need the following materials:
- plywood about 2-3 centimeters thick or an identical piece of chipboard;
- wooden bars measuring 40×40 millimeters;
- metal building corners. 12-15 pieces;
- screws of different lengths and bolts of different classifications;
- glue used in carpentry;
- means of processing the product from moisture and rust;
- external outlet;
This set of materials is necessary for the standard design of ordinary dimensions with an area of just over one square meter. You can work on such a table with almost any hand-held circular saw, except for tools with small disks, since during attachment to the countertop, the cutting depth sinks, on average by 1-2 centimeters.
For the work you need the following tools:
- marker or thick pencil;
- tape measure, metal ruler, angle;
It is quite simple to create a multifunctional design for an electric circular saw with your own hands, however, it is necessary that the manufacturing process go strictly according to certain stages. A strict adherence to advice is necessary so that there are no problems or difficulties.
- First of all, each master must create a drawing and plan for the future product. According to the drawings, the work is much easier to perform, the risks are reduced to make something wrong or poor quality. At the planning stage, the dimensions of the future design must be taken into account as clearly as possible.
- After creating a plan and an approximate outline of the product, as well as preparing all the necessary materials and a set of tools, we begin the manufacture of the table case. With a plane we align all the faces of the bar. Then from the sheet material and the aligned bars we collect the base, the dimensions of which were determined at the planning stage. The working surface area is usually about 1-1.5 square meters. All parts are attached to each other using bolts and screws. At the end of the work we get a box without upper and lower parts.
- Next is the manufacture of countertops for a sawing machine, it is cut out of plywood or chipboard based on the size of the frame. The countertop should be the same area or slightly larger. The main thing is that she does not outweigh the case in one of the parties. If the table top is made of non-laminated material, then it should be sanded and trimmed. Then, using a ruler and a pencil on the countertop, the places where the saw is attached to it, as well as the top of the table to the main body, are marked.
- The next step is to cut a hole for the saw itself. To do this, measurements are taken of the support shoe of the sawing machine, which will later be used on this design. On the reverse side of the countertop, appropriate marking is performed, which will accurately determine the place of attachment and the area by which it is necessary to make a cutout for the circular disk. For accurate marking, it is better to draw axes that connect exactly in the center of the plywood sheet. After determining the axes and making accurate markings, you need to cut out the holes for the disk, and also drill holes for attaching the saw shoe.
Video: How to Make a Table For Manual Circular
- The circular saw is attached to the plywood worktop from the back (inner side). To do this, you need to make 4 holes in the shoe of the saw itself, their diameter should be approximately 1 centimeter. Then you should completely align the saw and compare all the markings so that the tool is even, all marks and holes correspond to each other, the disk freely entered the central hole of the countertop. In order for the saw to be securely attached to the table, it is necessary to use special ploughshare bolts with a countersunk head, the cap of such bolts should be deeply immersed in the sole of the tool and not stick out.
- Then the saw is laid aside and table assembly continues. In order for the design to be stable. special attention must be paid to her legs. Legs diverging from top to bottom provide better stability. They are fixed with large bolts with nuts.
The length of the legs is determined individually, in accordance with the growth of the person who will work at the table. Ideally, the countertop, and, accordingly, the saw itself should be located just above the master’s belt.
- The next step is to attach the countertop to the body. At a distance of about 3 centimeters from the edge, you need to make holes in the corners of the plywood, then holes are drilled in the corner bars for further fastening of the bolts in them. Further, the parts are connected using steel masts of the M8.
- After the design is assembled, it is necessary to fix a special switch on the table, which will regulate the on and off of the saw with an electric motor. To do this, cut a hole for the switch in the case and fix it with bolts, special glue or a construction screed. From the switch, electric power should go to the saw itself, which means that it must be connected to any electric source in your workshop with a cable. It joins from the bottom of the countertop using building fasteners.
- Then you can make special stops. First, a transverse beam is made, it greatly simplifies the work with the structure. It is carried out mainly from plywood or chipboard. First you need to cut 2 strips, equal in length to the width of the table, the second side should be about 100 millimeters, the corners of the strips must be rounded.
- Then the workpieces are ground and fastened with screws at a small angle, a metal corner is screwed in. After this, the strips are attached to the table on movable furniture rails, which will allow these stops to be moved along the entire table.
- If desired, you can make a variety of additions to this design, it all depends on your skills. Some masters remove the safety cover and all the devices for adjusting the inclination of the disk, this allows you to get an additional few millimeters of cut. Some replace the factory platform with a turntable of their own manufacture, with a professional approach, this also gives a number of advantages in work.
- The construction is completed by the processing stage and preparation for operation. Once again, the entire table should be sanded, wiped and varnished or treated with special means to ensure durability and repel moisture and rust.
Installing a circular saw in a homemade table
After making the main body, the saw is installed in a homemade table.
- At the stages of manufacturing the design of the table in the countertop, all the necessary holes were cut.
- During the installation of a stationary saw, it is necessary to perfectly adjust the tilt of the tool, otherwise the sawing of wooden parts will be of poor quality. The first step is to install the tool on the finished countertop in all the grooves and determine if you need to change the slope. If the angle does not match what you want, then you have to adjust it using special bolts, this is the easiest option. Or you can cut special bars that will be attached to the countertop, and already on top of them, the saw will be attached at the right angle.
- If the tool is installed in place correctly, all the holes converge, you need to put and attach the sole to the table with bolts and tighten them from the inside using nuts with spring washers.
- After the hand-held circular saw is installed, it is necessary to take the bar a little more than those with which the angle of inclination was adjusted, and fix it on the countertop in the place where the saw platform was marked.
This bar is needed so that after dismantling the circular saw from the table, you can integrate it exactly in the same place, without using any additional markings.