How To Mow With A Trimmer
Trimmer. Lawn mower. Lawn mower. Mow potato tops.
Trimmer, Lawn Mower Alliance. Lawn Mower. How to cut potato tops. We put likes and subscribe to the channel.
When growing products for storage, cut the stems so that they remain at least 20 cm above the soil level. On bare stems, new leaves and branches will not be able to form, and pesticides have the opportunity to be absorbed directly into the soil.
You can carry out the process of cutting the aerial part of the plants in 2 stages. First, we cut off the tops of all the potatoes in the upper part, with the bulk of the leaves. After a week, you need to carry out the final cleaning of the greenery.
If the bushes have died from the severity of leaves or frequent rains, then the aboveground part is removed to a height of about 15 cm. It is not recommended to completely remove the stems to the soil level, because This can interfere with harvesting when visually determining the location of the fruit nests of potatoes.
How to properly trim the tops
How To Correctly Mow Potato Leaves With A Trimmer
Removing the tops from potatoes
Growing vegetables on their own backyard, gardeners follow the rules of agricultural technology. To get the largest collection, you need to properly care for the plants, just right to water, fertilize and fight weeds and harmful insects. When dealing with potatoes, you need to know why the potato tops are cut and whether it needs to be done. They also evaluate the timing of harvesting the stems, which affect the yield of the crop, its quality and storage duration.
Removing the tops from potatoes
Cutting when the leaves are affected
A month before frost it is necessary to cut off the tops. Within 2 weeks, the tubers will mature and be suitable for harvesting. The hardened peel, when harvesting, will be resistant to damage. Cuts and scrapes resulting from contact with tools and industrial cleaning equipment will heal and dry for another 2 weeks.
An exception to the rules for removing the aerial part of plants may be the threat of late blight. Then emergency measures are taken to save the harvest.
- If the leaves are affected, it is urgent to remove the tops.
- You cannot wait for the time when cold nights come and fog and dew appear in the morning.
- Greens with signs of disease must be burned.
All measures for the prevention of late blight are carried out to preserve the harvest and keep the fruits well during storage.
Superphosphate is used to accelerate fruit ripening. If there is a simple preparation available, then take 300 g per 10 liters of water, and double superphosphate is prepared: 150 g of the chemical per 10 liters. This amount is enough for 1 are. After processing, the weight of the fruits increases and it is possible to increase the yield by 1.5 kg from 1 m2. A week after treatment with superphosphate, you can mow plantings trimmer or manually.
When to cut the tops
Ripening of tubers can be accelerated
During the period of budding and flowering, it is necessary to fertilize the plantings. Fungicide treatment is carried out a week before mowing the stems, when the berries begin to form after pollination of the flowers. Once the greens are removed, the chemicals can protect the tubers from viruses.
How to mow potato tops with a trimmer: process features, how to prepare equipment
How to cut grass with a trimmer head (trimmer spool, cutterhead, trimmer spool)
- First, walk around the entire area where you are going to mow the grass: determine the areas to cut with the trimmer head and pick up wires, bottles, debris, etc.
- Then screw a tool called the trimmer head, trimmer spool, trimmer spool or mowing head onto the trimmer output shaft, and attach an additional guard.
- Put on clothes "what not sting AL-KO" and goggles or a visor on your face (plant sap splashes heavily during mowing).
- While working, keep the trimmer head (trimmer coil) slightly at an angle, but do not "dig" the ground.
- When mowing the grass with the trimmer, look at the end of the string (it is he who does the job).
- Listen to the string while trimming: let it run at your own speed.
- Don’t slip or stumble!
- See what you mow and where you mow (remember that you are always looked at!).
- String consumption and wear on the trimmer head (mowing head, trimmer coil) increases among stones, bricks, concrete, metal fences, etc.
- To mow the grass with a trimmer and not damage the bark of trees and bushes, you can release a little gas or work with a string shortened to 10-12 cm.
- Wind the line tightly and evenly around the drum of the trimmer head (to avoid vibrations).
- Immediately after you have finished mowing with the trimmer head: Thoroughly clean the plastic guard and accessory guard with a screwdriver. And also wash the sight, the trimmer head itself and the entire outside of the lawn mower with warm water and a brush, until the acid of the plant sap has corroded the paint and dried.
- If we are mowing grass on a lawn, keep the trimmer head string horizontally low above the ground, and do not cling to the ground, as you can spoil the evenness of the mow, the lawn itself, and so as not to damage the trimmer.
The trimmer head (mowing head or trimmer reel) has a high performance when mowing grass, because It is lighter for a metal knife and has a larger grip diameter. 45 cm, versus 25 cm for a hay knife.
Purpose of the trimmer head (trimmer spool, mowing head, trimmer spool)
- To remove all unwanted vegetation under walls, along fences, curbs, around trees, poles, bushes, between tree stumps and other obstacles.
- To mow grass out of the reach of a lawnmower.
- To selectively cut thin grass and weeds before mowing a plot for hay.
- To cut the weeds between the plants.
- To chop the tops of potatoes in the garden before digging.
- To completely remove grass and weeds, for example from paths.
- To sweep (creates an air vortex from high rpm of the trimmer line).
You will need things to mow the grass
- Pants. Preferably sturdy work jeans with no holes. You can mow grass anywhere, so if your legs are not protected, soon you will feel how several thousand ants are crawling along your legs and biting you. Sometimes the weed can scratch to blood or lash hard, thrown back by the trimmer on the mower.
- Gloves are fingerless, leather, it doesn’t matter. If you mow without gloves, by the end of the mow you will not be able to move even your little finger without pain. The weight of the grass presses on the hands through the trimmer and abrasions and abrasions will appear on the hands if they were not wearing protective gloves.
- Safety glasses. you cannot mow the grass with your eyes closed because small pieces of grass fly into your face. One good eye contact will convince you that safety glasses are a must. This refers to one of the main rules of how to use the trimmer.
- Have an adequate amount of drinking water on hand. Even if you think it won’t be hot, think again. You need to cut grass with a vibrating trimmer for a long time.
- Have spare line or trimmed head to replace if run out.
- If you have an electric trimmer, you must have an extra extension cord. If you have a petrol trimmer, you must have a supply of fuel.
- Rake to shovel cut grass or weeds.
- A headgear if you work in the sun.
- High boots (it is better to tuck pants into boots).
- If you plan to work at dusk or later, make sure you have insect spray and a flashlight.
How to mow grass with a lawn mower
How to professionally mow grass. A well-kept lawn adorns any home. An easy and cheap way to keep your lawn beautiful and healthy is to use a lawn mower. In addition to keeping your lawn in good condition, the mower also needs to be kept in good technical condition to be effective when mowing the lawn.
How to cut grass with a trimmer head (trimmer spool, cutterhead, trimmer spool)
The general rules of use should definitely be reminded to those who are first thinking about how to remove grass with a trimmer and do not yet know how to use it. It is these foundations that will help you start cleaning your site with high quality.
Among summer residents, the tendency to use trimmers is increasingly emerging, because, unlike lawn mowers, they allow you to remove grass in hard-to-reach places, and professional models can even help you process tree branches. Another advantage of the trimmer is the ability to work at height and cut branches, which can also greatly help in cleaning on your territory.
Another important point is safety. Since lawn mowers have a high rotation speed (they reach several thousand revolutions per minute), even a small stone can fly out at high speed and cause harm to a working person.
Check and inspect all trimmer parts before starting work. Make sure the trimmer works. Since they are electric and gasoline, you will need to organize their work depending on the type of equipment. Electric should be plugged into the power supply and charged if it is not charged, and gasoline should be refueled if required.
Let the trimmer run in for the first time. If you bought a new device, then you need to let it run for a few minutes without load in order for the motor, knives, fishing lines, and rotating elements to start. This can be called a kind of warm-up for equipment, besides, it can help prevent some troubles before direct work, because the assembly and quality of garden equipment are different.
Running in an electric trnimmer includes several stages.
- To get started, start and work with the trimmer for a short time, literally 5 minutes.
- Then you can increase the run time up to 10 minutes, but you need to monitor the motor so that it does not overheat.
- After several trials, the electric trimmer can be used on a permanent basis. Do not forget about the engine cooling system, which is available as an additional function on some models.
If you do not know what type of mowing is best to start with, then it is better to try mowing a low lawn with fishing line. This will allow the engine to come into operation smoothly. No need to immediately load it with a large amount of work.
To create a level lawn surface, try to work your greenery as low as possible with your garden equipment. So all the grass will be the same height, which will make the coverage even and beautiful. Don’t forget to tilt. For best results, tilt the device at least 30 degrees towards the grass surface. This will cut the grass as low as possible. Any other irregularities can be removed with garden shears, if any.
How to properly cut grass with a trimmer?
- How to put on and hold correctly?
- Mowing rules
In the midst of the summer season, people who have their own plots have a problem. It lies in the fact that after winter and spring, grass and other vegetation grows very quickly in these areas. Today we will consider options for mowing grass. For example, it is better to disassemble ordinary trimmers, since they provide a person with more scope for action due to direct movement with this technique, and they are relatively inexpensive.
How to put on and hold correctly?
The quality of your work also depends on what technique you use. For proper technique, you must be able to hold the unit, and for convenience, put it on correctly. This is because not all trimmers are equipped with a shoulder strap. If you have one, then you need to put it on so that you feel comfortable. There are models of devices, the belt of which can be uncomfortable, so try to put on the trimmer as conveniently as possible.
Another function is to adjust this belt. On higher-quality models, its convenience was given a special role and special positions were made that will allow the scythe driver to feel comfortable. You can adjust the belt in height, choosing the one you need.
Now let’s talk about how to properly hold the unit. Different types of trimmers have different handles. For some, it is made in the form of a bicycle handlebar (which ensures the distribution of the load on both hands). On some units, you can see the handle in the shape of the letter D. The bicycle version must be held with both hands, and firmly.
Despite the presence of rubberized grips, it is best to rely on yourself and not hope that they will not slip. Hold the D-shaped handle with one hand and palm to provide a wider grip. This will give you complete control of the stick, which will have a positive impact on handling.
Use a disc as a cutting element because meadow vegetation is tougher than usual. It is better than fishing line specifically for hay in that it cuts through dry grass better. This way, the grass will not get stuck on the line, which could result in poor engine performance. The hay does not need to be cut small, it should be quite tall, so try to cut the hay at the root.
Mowing tall grass
This requires special attention. Tall grass needs more careful processing than simple grass. The fact is that there is an effect of winding the vegetation onto a coil. In this case, the grass remains on it and prevents the mechanism from rotating at full power. This significantly slows down the process and reduces the number of revolutions.
To prevent this from happening, go through the path in several stages. Gradually cut a certain amount down the height, going down and down the stem.
It should also be borne in mind that if your technique is working recently, then mowing tall grass can be even more difficult. Therefore, do not work for a long time, so as not to overload the motor. It will be enough 15-20 minutes with a break of 15 minutes. Since it is better to cut the grass in several stages, do not forget about the grass catcher. It will start to clog very quickly and this will lead to problems with the instrument. Clean completely so that it does not take too long before the next cleaning.