How to properly cut the corner of the ceiling plinth
How to make an outer corner
Just as the mowing line was outlined for trimming the inner corners, the outer corners must be done. Attach the planks to the wall at the protruding corner. On the ceiling, mark a line along the length of one baguette, then a line along the other. You will get the intersection point, which should be marked on the upper parts of the skirting board. Draw the line from it to the lower edge of the workpiece (make two sides in this way).
Then work with the marked lines of the outer corner of the baguette as follows:
- Place the workpiece in the tray, pressing firmly against the front wall of the machine and holding it with your hand during operation.
- Set the cutting tool at 45 degrees to the workpiece and carefully cut off the corner.
- Install the counter plinth in the same way, pressing it against the front wall of the device.
- Cut at 45 degrees, but in such a way that the angle is directly opposite to the already cut.
After all the corners have been cut off, it is required to dock the fillets together, checking for defects in the work. If there are any, remove them by carefully cutting with a knife. As for wooden curbs, the irregularities on them must be removed with a file.
How to cut a baguette in the corner of a wall using a machine
A miter box is a U-shaped tray with sides, in which slots are made for the cutting tool. There can be three or more slots, depending on its purpose. The slots are made in such a way as to cut parts from 15 to 135 degrees. In this case, I am interested in a simple tool with a minimum set of slots for cutting at angles of 45-90 degrees.
The tray provides a ready-made template for cutting at different angles. It can be used to trim both internal and external protrusions. In its absence, you can make it yourself. This will require four planks, even and preferably smooth. Knock the tray out of them and proceed to the holes for cutting. Mark them at 45-90 degrees, cut with a thick cutting object or circular saw.
- The ceiling plinth is applied and cut on the near inner side of the tray.
- The molding is installed in the same way as it is planned for fixing to the ceiling.
- Cutting the workpiece should only be at 90 degrees.
- The side that will be glued to the ceiling should be firmly pressed against the bottom of the tray during operation.
- The border is cut here strictly on the front side.
- For each material from which the skirting board is made, you need to choose the right cutting tool.
- It is best to start cutting fillets from the inner corner, otherwise the part may turn out to be shorter and not fill the entire length of the ceiling.
How to cut corners on a skirting board
The ceiling plinth gives an aesthetic appearance to the room after renovation. It hides all minor construction defects, gaps and crevices. Since it runs along the entire perimeter of the room, you need to be able to dock it at the corners. This is not difficult and is done in several simple ways.
Before starting work, you should prepare the material with which you will have to work. Fillets are made of:
Based on this, you need to prepare the tools. Depending on the material, a device is selected with which it will be easy to cut off the part. Also, there should be glue for attaching the skirting board and a sealant to mask minor defects.
There is also special fittings for decorating corners. they are attached to the joints at the corners. Its benefit is that it can hide some of the irregularities of the work.
The higher the ceilings in the room, the wider the border should be. Otherwise, he will simply “get lost”.
Then, the surface is prepared to which the plinth will be attached. it must be dry, even and clean.
How to cut the correct corner of the ceiling plinth with your own hands
You only need to cut the corners on the baguettes at an angle of forty-five degrees, which will help to combine both the outer and inner parts of the material. This can be done both through a slotted tray or in its absence by applying the necessary markings on the ceiling or on paper.
To dock fillets with a decorative corner, you need to place the corner exactly in the center between the walls to the ceiling. Attach to it on both sides of the baseboard and cut them a little with a clerical knife until they fit perfectly together.
The problem is that the standard sizes of such corners do not always fit the size of the curb, in which case it is better to cut the corner yourself.
Skirting Corner Tools
Initially, you should decide what exactly to cut. If this is a light material. polystyrene, for example, polyurethane, etc., then a clerical or well-sharpened knife will do. But the most versatile tool for cutting curbs from any material is a metal hacksaw. She cuts almost everything, smoothly and quickly.
A ruler and a crayon or pencil will also come in handy, and when manually cutting a plinth, an angular ruler is required.
How to make an inner corner
- Press the fillet to the inner corner in the way that it will be glued.
- With a pencil, draw the fishing line along the upper edge of the part (on the ceiling) towards the corner. Next, take the second one and press it in the same way to the second side of the wall.
- Draw the line with a pencil in the same direction towards the corner. As a result, you get the intersection of two lines on the ceiling.
- Then, reattach the skirting board on one side in the same way and mark the intersection of the lines on it. Do the same with the second baguette.
As a result, if you run the line from the mark to the bottom edge of the fillet, you get a flat line at an angle of 45 degrees.
To correctly cut the inner corner of the ceiling molding, follow these steps:
- Transfer the workpiece to the device in the same position as it will be attached to the surface and press it very tightly against the back wall of the tool.
- Put the hacksaw in the slots at 45 degrees to the workpiece, which must be held by hand during work so that it does not shift.
- Carefully cut the baguette, controlling the pressure of the tool, so as not to damage anything.
- Another piece of plinth should also be installed against the back of the device, also pressing and holding it tightly during operation, avoiding displacement.
- Set the hacksaw at 45 degrees to the workpiece so that it is opposite the first trimmed border.
- Cut off. Done!
It is imperative to cut off the skirting board from the front side of the product so that the line is even and clear.
How to trim corners on curbs without a machine
The device for trimming ceiling corners is suitable provided that the walls are flat, which are perpendicular to each other and to the ceiling. Otherwise, this unit will not help in any way and the angles will have to be adjusted manually. How to do it?
In the same way as described above, mark the cutting line for cutting, trying on the skirting boards to the ceiling. Then, carefully cut them off on a flat surface with a hacksaw, as far as possible, butting them to the desired ledge and trimming the flaws. Careful fit will help you cut corners most clearly.
You can draw a diagram of the angle on paper (if it is perfectly straight), using a square, measure the cutting line of the cut along it and cut them evenly along it.
You can also measure the width of the fillet, use a ruler to set aside this value at the bottom of the plank and connect the protruding corner with the marked point with a straight line. Do the same on both opposite planks.
Then dock and see the result: if there are no gaps and everything is cut out clearly, you can glue it. If there are any flaws, the seam turns out to be imperfect. you need to correct it with a sharp knife, cutting off the excess.
Note! In the presence of stretch ceilings, borders cannot be glued to them. only on the wall.
If you use these simple rules and pay attention to the tips, you can independently, without the help of specialists, figure out how to properly cut a corner on the ceiling plinth. This will not work the first time, you need to first practice on short details. Since there is nothing to hide flaws on the ceiling, how can you do this on the floor, you need to cut it out carefully, more often trying on the product to the place of further gluing.
The ceiling plinth completes the completeness of the picture of the room after renovation, gives it neatness and should harmoniously fit into the design of the future room.
Cutting skirting boards for ceiling decoration
Another type of ceiling plinth is made of extruded polystyrene foam. They are much denser than ordinary foam products (therefore they do not crumble), they are a little more expensive, but they are also somewhat more difficult to cut. For work, you can use the same knife or hacksaw for metal.
The most expensive skirting boards are made of polyurethane. These are elastic, strong and moisture resistant products that are very easy to cut with a construction knife. True, they cannot be used in all rooms, since polyurethane is sensitive to high temperatures. it deforms, begins to crack or cracks.
For working with wooden skirting boards, only a hacksaw with fine teeth is suitable, you can use a metal tool.
Marking on the ceiling for making a corner on the skirting board
There are different ways of how to correctly make a corner on a skirting board. Some are easier to do, others are more difficult. One of these methods is to mark the plinth on the ceiling. True, it is not very convenient to cut the plinth by weight, but this method is not inferior in accuracy to all others. Before cutting the plinth to the ceiling, it is applied to the surface, while all the imperfections and irregularities of the walls, as well as the size of the corners, are immediately taken into account.
Let’s consider in detail how to correctly make the corners on the ceiling plinths using this technique:
- First, two mating plinths must be cut at an angle of 90º;
- One of the blanks is pressed against the wall, and its end is abutted against the opposite wall. Then the outline of the workpiece is drawn on the ceiling.
- At the next stage, they take the second plank and press it with its butt against the wall in the same way. Outline the line.
- At the intersection of the lines obtained, a point is put along which further trimming of the baseboards will be carried out.
- Then each of the strips is alternately applied to the ceiling again and the cutting point is transferred to the blanks.
- From this point, a diagonal cutting line is drawn into the corner of the plinth.
Using the obtained fishing lines, cut off unnecessary sections of the baseboards, then join the mating segments, checking the correctness and completeness of the fit. “How to cut a corner of a ceiling plinth. simple and correct ways”.
It should be noted that this method is more often used for internal corners.
Using a miter box to cut skirting boards
In carpentry, a special device made of wood, metal or plastic is often used. a miter box. Special cuts are made in it, which allow an even cut at 90º, 45º, and in more complex devices. even at 60º. There are also professional miter boxes equipped with a swivel mechanism. In them, the cutting tool can be installed and fixed at any angle to the workpiece. Before making a ceiling plinth in the corners, you need to understand the details.
To cut the inner corner of a ceiling plinth using a miter box, you must:
- First, the skirting board must be attached to the ceiling surface and mark the length.
- Now a piece of plinth is placed in the miter box in the same position as it should be placed on the ceiling.
- The plinth is tightly pressed against the back wall of the miter box.
- Hold the work piece with one hand to keep it from shifting while cutting.
- The hacksaw is set at an angle of 45º to the workpiece.
- Cut the plinth, controlling the degree of pressure of the hacksaw, so as not to damage the product.
- Then proceed to cutting the counter piece of the skirting board. It is also applied to the far wall of the miter box.
- The workpiece is pressed and held by hand so that it does not move.
- The hacksaw is installed at an angle of 45º to the workpiece so that the direction of the cut is opposite to the first element of the plinth.
- Cut off the corner of the plinth.
After trimming the ceiling plinths in the corners, they proceed to the joining of the resulting elements. If the cutting was done accurately, they will fit snugly together.
Please note that it is recommended to start cutting the inner corner of the skirting board from the front side. Then the cutting line will be more accurate and even. As for the wooden elements, then all the flaws on them will need to be cleaned up with a file. “How to properly cut the ceiling plinth in the corners. options and methods for plinths from different materials”.
Let’s take a look at how to cut the outer corner of a ceiling plinth using a miter box:
- It is best to start marking and measuring the ceiling plinth from the inner corner, and only after completing it, start cutting the outer corner. Otherwise, the plank may be short, not enough to fill the entire length of the ceiling.
- The plinth is applied to the ceiling and its length is marked.
- Then the workpiece is placed in a miter box and pressed against the front wall.
- The hacksaw is placed at an angle of 45º and, holding the workpiece with your hand, saw off the corner.
- Similarly, you must cut off the opposite part of the outer corner.
- The workpiece is pressed against the front of the miter box.
- The hacksaw is placed at an angle of 45º to the plinth and the workpiece is sawn off.
At the end of the work, the pieces of the skirting board are joined together, checking if everything is done correctly and evenly.
It is worth noting that the miter box can help to cut the corner of the ceiling plinth as evenly as possible only if the walls are strictly perpendicular. If they are uneven and the angles are not precise, this device is unlikely to be useful. “How to properly cut the corner of the ceiling plinth. rules and methods”.
Applying a miter box template
To cut the plinth in the corner to the ceiling as evenly as possible, you can use a paper, cardboard or wooden template instead of a regular miter box. Two parallel mowing lines are applied to it, then a central point is found and any necessary angle is laid from it with the help of a protractor. Before you cut the corner of the ceiling plinth without a miter box, you should double-check the size of the inner or outer corners between the walls of the room, using the same protractor.
The principle of cutting corners using a template is similar to using a standard miter box. In this case, the workpiece must be pressed against a parallel mowing line and, setting the hacksaw at the desired angle, saw off the workpiece.
How to cut a corner of a ceiling plinth. proven methods and techniques
Ceiling skirting boards are very often used for decorating rooms. They give the ceiling a complete look, allow you to convey a particular style in the interior. In addition, they serve to mask the joints between walls and ceilings, where two different materials are mated. Although such elements are not always present in the premises, they make the interior more complete. In the material below, we will tell you in detail how to cut the corner of the ceiling plinth, since in such places the joining of individual elements is often a problem for inexperienced builders.
If the room has a simple shape, then only the inner corners will need to be cut. But in rooms of a more complex configuration, with columns, partitions and niches, there will also be external corners. To make decorative elements look beautiful, trimming must be done correctly and accurately, otherwise the appearance of the ceiling will be spoiled.
To trim the ceiling plinth in the corners as best as possible, you can use quality and sharp tools or other means. The type of tool that will be used to cut skirting boards depends on the type of material used to make them. So, ceiling plinths are made of PVC, foam, polyurethane and wood.
The cheapest option is PVC skirting boards. They are soft, so it is easy to leave dents and creases on them, which cannot be fixed in any way. In addition, this material has the ability to attract dust. A hacksaw or a sharp knife is suitable for cutting such skirting boards.
Another fairly cheap type of material is polystyrene foam skirting boards. They crumble easily, so only a sharp knife or a metal hacksaw should be used to trim the corners of the ceiling plinth. Movements should be soft, without pressure.
How to Do Ceiling, Corner, and Trim Cut Ins
How to make a miter box yourself
Often the only way to cut the corner of the ceiling plinth evenly is to use special tools so that the tool does not move to the side during the cutting process. In this case, you can make a miter box yourself.
Option 1. A box in the shape of the letter P is made of three boards. The required corners are marked on the walls of the box and the slots are cut out in the appropriate places. The result is a complete adaptation.
Option 2. Sometimes it is quite difficult to make the corners of the skirting boards on the ceiling as even as possible, especially if you have to keep the workpiece suspended. In this case, you can use a homemade device. Take two boards and knock them down in the shape of a corner. Then, on a sheet of paper or cardboard, they draw a mowing line with the desired angles, apply a template to the corner. Then the plinth is pressed, a template is placed under the cutting site and the corner is sawn off along the lines.
Option 3. If you are still in doubt about how to properly cut the corner of the skirting board, almost any household item, the shape of which allows you to form a corner, can help with this. It can be a chair or a table just against the wall.
To understand how to properly cut the ceiling plinth, you should also familiarize yourself with the rule for measuring blanks. So, to complete the inner corner, the length begins to measure right from the beginning of the corner. But to determine the outer corner, it should be borne in mind that it will be issued into the space of the room by the amount of the width of the product.
There is no need to rush and fix the workpieces before the mating skirting boards have been made in the corner. In order not to redo the work, you must first make sure that the mating surfaces are tightly adjacent to each other and to the ceiling. Small flaws can be corrected with a file, a thin nail file or a knife, depending on the material of the products.
If cutting off the skirting boards in the corners did not work out perfectly, small gaps can be simply putty. In general, the process of trimming skirting boards in the corners is not at all difficult. However, for training, you can take a few small pieces of the baseboard and practice on them.
At what angle the ceiling fillet should be cut directly depends on its location, or rather on whether the slope will be internal or external.
Cutting the inner corner using a miter box is performed in a strictly defined sequence:
- The required length of the plinth is measured on the ceiling.
- The workpiece bar is placed in the fixture as it will be on the ceiling surface. To do the job correctly, the fillet must be placed face up.
- The workpiece is pressed against the far wall of the device and held with the left hand.
- Next, the file is placed at an inclination of 45 degrees so that its handle is as close to the left hand as possible. To saw down the ceiling plinth. the cutting is performed without too much pressure on the hacksaw.
- Then you need to prepare a striker, for which the workpiece is moved to the far wall and held with the right hand.
- The hacksaw is turned at a 45-degree tilt. In this case, the handle is directed to the right and part of the plinth is cut off.
- After cutting the inner corner of the decorative fillet, the correctness of the work performed is controlled by joining the strips.
Acting in accordance with the above algorithm, it is possible, with an accuracy of one millimeter, to cut the corners of the ceiling plinth without much effort.
Experts advise to start cutting the outer corner after solving the problem with the inner corner, since the length of the product is not always enough.
To make the correct cut of the outer corner, you must proceed as follows:
- First, as in the situation with the inner corner, markings are made on the ceiling by marking with a pencil.
- Further, the fillet blank is placed close to the near wall of the carpentry device.
- Holding the bar with your left hand, turn the hacksaw handle to the left by 45 degrees and cut off.
- To saw off the mating element, it must be brought closer to the front wall of the miter box, holding it with your right hand. The fillet is cut with an inclination of 45 degrees, turning the handle to the right.
- At the end, the cut parts are joined and, if necessary, the surfaces are trimmed, creating a neat outer corner.
Self-made miter box
To make this device with your own hands, you can use one of the following methods:
- A U-shaped box is assembled from three slats or planks, on the walls of which grooves are marked and cut out under certain slopes.
- They take two boards and knock them down strictly perpendicularly. A piece of paper depicts a template with oblique lines for cutting at an angle of 45 degrees. The product is applied to the corner and pressed by hand, as when using a miter box, and a paper template is placed on the opposite side. Fillets are cut in accordance with the lines applied to the paper sheet. When cutting ceiling plinths, you can use anything that forms an angle of 90 degrees.
How to properly cut the corner of a ceiling plinth: cutting corners, how to cut at an angle, how to cut wide fillets without a miter box, cutting corners
In order to hide the joints between the walls and the ceiling surface and to give the ceiling a finished look, fillets should be installed. In the process of performing this type of work, difficulties often arise, but they are mainly related to the fact that there is not enough knowledge of how to properly cut off the corner of the ceiling plinth.
Before you install the moldings, you need to have certain tools at your disposal. Some of them are always at hand from a home craftsman, while others will have to be purchased or made personally. When installing these decorative products, the problem certainly arises with how to make a cut on the ceiling plinth, observing the required slope.
To solve this problem, they use tools that allow you to do the job correctly and as quickly as possible, including:
- an ordinary, but better clerical knife;
- miter box.
How To Cut & Install Crown Moulding
The last in the above list is the miter box. this is an easy-to-use and popular carpentry device that allows you to cut the corners of the ceiling plinth at a certain slope. For the manufacture of this tool, different materials are used. wood, metal or plastic.
There are always vertical slots on the side walls of the miter box, necessary in order to cut fillet corners at an inclination of 90, 60 or 45 degrees.
Professional samples of this carpentry tool have a swivel mechanism that allows you to fix the file relative to the baseboards at almost any angle. As a result, solving the problem of how to cut fillets for the ceiling at the desired slope is greatly simplified.
Other corner trimming methods
When the contacting planes of the walls of the room form a right angle, the best solution would be to use a miter box. In other cases, you can use other methods, such as sawing the ceiling plinth at an angle, for example, by marking this product on the ceiling. This technology allows you to take into account all deviations regarding the size of the angle, as well as the unevenness of the walls.
In this case, the work is performed as follows:
- First of all, two workpieces are cut according to a straight vertical mowing line.
- Next, one of the planks is applied to the surface, resting it with its butt against the perpendicular wall. Do the same with the second part of the skirting board.
- Their contours are outlined on the ceiling plane with a pencil. The intersection point is the mark relative to which the fillet is cut, forming an angle in it.
- Then reapply each of the planks and mark the cut line on them, which will connect its two edges.
- The plinth is cut in accordance with the intended lines, after which both parts of it are connected and applied to the installation site.
If of all the ways how to cut the corners of the ceiling plinth, this one is chosen, it is important to take into account several nuances:
- it is best used for interior corners;
- you should not proceed to fastening the fillets one at a time, without making a preliminary docking of the two parts and without checking their relative position. The gaps remaining between the slats must be putty.
Using a template
There is a way how you can cut the corners of the ceiling plinth without a miter box. using a template. It is made of wood, cardboard or paper.
The markings are applied to the material in the following order:
- first draw two clear parallel straight lines of the mowing line;
- between them determine the central point and outline it;
- using a protractor, the required angles are applied, which can exceed 90 degrees.
How to Scribe to an Uneven Wall
Before using the template, consider the angles between touching walls and between the ceiling and the walls. Cutting technology using a template is almost the same as using a carpentry tool.
Types of decorative ceiling skirting boards
Before proceeding with the installation of fillets, they need to be purchased, and for this you should have information regarding the range of these products.
Skirting boards are made from various materials, namely:
- polyvinyl chloride;
- polystyrene (foam).
In order to have an idea of each type of decorative ceiling elements and choose the right product, you must own at least their brief characteristics:
- Skirting boards made of polyvinyl chloride have a favorable cost, but this material has the ability to accumulate static electricity.
- Polyurethane stucco molding is distinguished by high quality, strength, moisture resistance and elasticity. Its main disadvantage is insufficient resistance to sudden temperature changes and for this reason, polyurethane products should not be installed in rooms with high humidity.
- Wooden fillets are exposed to high temperatures, moisture and are heavy.
- Polystyrene skirting boards are characterized by moisture resistance, good quality and attractive appearance, but break under mechanical stress.
In addition, fillets differ in other parameters. width, length, relief and shape. Their use in rooms of different sizes depends on these characteristics.
For example, wide products look harmonious in tall rooms. There are nuances in how to cut wide skirting boards. The fact is that these profiles are joined at an angle of 90 degrees. For an accurate cut, use a miter box. But, when the corners of the room deviate from the standards, the work is done manually.
Cutting without tools
By attaching the product to the place where it will be mounted, you can immediately take into account all the errors on the walls. First, two workpieces are cut at an angle of 90 degrees. Then one of the planks is applied, resting it against the wall perpendicularly. The line is drawn along the ceiling, outlining the desired contour. Then they remove the bar and apply a second one. for reciprocal markings. The intersection of the lines will be the cutoff point. Then a place for the future cut is marked on the slats.
With a good eye and accuracy of hand action, you can use a homemade template that resembles an imitation of a miter box. To do this, take a thin board or thick plywood and draw a layout in the form of a horizontal rectangle. Using a protractor, mark 45 ° on the right and left sides of the rectangle. Draw the mowing lines connecting the opposite edges. You can now cut off the ceiling plinth using this layout. The actions are simple and similar to the description above in the first option. Only the ceiling parts should not be inserted, but placed on the drawing and the hacksaw should be combined with the layout of the layout.
Description of methods for gluing ceiling skirting boards (cornices) to the ceiling. The method of gluing with glue, putty and sealant. How to make even corners on the ceiling.
Corner Slicing Technology
So, at what angle to cut the ceiling plinth and where does the formation of an angle begin with the help of home remedies?
First you need to measure the angle that is between the walls. for this you can take pieces of foam from the technique. Usually the angle is 90 degrees. a strict perpendicular. In this case, you need to trim the edges of the product at an angle of 45 degrees. Perform similar actions with the second segment.
In the event of irregularities and mismatched joints in the gap between the ceiling and walls, you need to divide the corner radius in half. At the same time, do not confuse the details. The baguette for the left side is notched on the right, and the one on the right is the other way around.
Before cutting the ceiling plinths in the corners, form a corner inside the material in the upper space. this decision is based on the fact that the lower side protrudes above the upper one. When performing an outer corner, the procedure is reversed. The texture of expanded polystyrene materials helps to smoothly and accurately adjust the details. If wooden or plastic elements are used for the baguette, then you will have to work with them more carefully.
The first way is with a miter box
Professional miter box with rotary hacksaw
The miter box usually looks like a tray with vertical holes for a hacksaw. It can be made of wood, metal or plastic. This tool is the oldest and simplest carpenter’s tool for cutting wood pieces at 90 ° and 45 ° angles. There are types of such a device for professional work, with a rotary mechanism, in which the cutting tool can be rotated and fixed in any position.
How to cut a ceiling plinth correctly
Ceiling corners are divided into internal and external, the method of joining them is slightly different.
If necessary, you can make a miter box with your own hands. To do this, you need three trims from plywood or boards of the same size. First, they are applied in the form of an inverted letter “P” and the corners are marked. Then, according to the marking, slots are cut out for a hacksaw almost to the very bottom, and the boards are twisted.
Installation of finishes: features
Many owners of houses and apartments, in the midst of renovation work, are often puzzled by the question of how to properly cut the ceiling plinth in the corners. The problem is that it is not technically possible to make an incision at a 45 degree angle. To perform such manipulations, it is important to correctly dock at the boundaries of the outer and inner corners of the web, which is quite problematic.
The specificity of the ceiling version is not only in the vertical position of the canvas. The mount is placed at the base at an angle of 38 to 45 degrees. The difficulty lies in making a 45-degree incision. It is difficult to connect cut edges from the inside, gaps appear between them, aesthetics are disturbed.
For the most accurate cutting, a special corner element is used, which is inserted into the edge of the skirting board. it will help to hide cutting errors. This element will emphasize the corners in the room; the choice of such a detail must be approached responsibly.
Types of ceiling plinths
Today there is a huge range of skirting boards on the market. Here are the materials from which they are made:
A wide variety of skirting boards allows everyone to choose the right one. Ceiling skirting boards are narrow and wide, the simplest and decorated with exquisite patterns and reliefs. So do not neglect this construction find, because the ceiling plinth will give a completely finished look to your renovation and decorate any room.
Since the installation of a ceiling plinth is not difficult, many people prefer not to spend extra money on skilled workers, but to fix them on their own. How to cut and attach the ceiling plinth correctly? Let’s consider this issue further.
- Measure the length of the plinth from the nearest wall to the outer corner, leave the fishing line on the wrong side with a pencil, indicating the desired length. It should be noted that the edge (its upper part) should protrude slightly outward.
- The plinth is moved to the miter box and cut off.
- The adjacent bar also needs to be measured with a margin and cut off in a mirror image to the first part.
Trying on the ceiling plinth: the joining of the parts should be perfectly flat. If the result is not achieved and there are irregularities at the joints, you can trim the edges with an ordinary knife to a perfect fit.
Checking the smooth docking
All the nuances are well described in the video:
Method two. no additional tools
For the inner corner, you can use the simplest way of perfect joining. by marking on the ceiling. Another example of how to cut a corner nice and even.
- Apply a fillet to the ceiling, firmly pressing its even edge into a corner.
- Draw a line along the long side of the plinth on the ceiling.
The same action is done with the adjacent part on the other side.
Mark the point of intersection of lines.
The end result is an even 45 ° angle when you draw the line from the point of intersection to the edge of the part. Note that the above marking method works only at perfectly flat corners.