How To Properly Tuck The Line Into A Lawn Mower
Which line to choose to refuel the lawn mower
The thickness of the polyethylene thread depends on the model of equipment and varies from 1.2 to 4 mm. She may be:
- With a round cross section, it is the most durable material for mowing grassy plants;
- Curly section. used for mowing soft plants;
- Twisted. used for thin grass;
- Professional type, not suitable for all vehicle models.
To change the line on a lawn mower, you need to purchase a cutting thread that will be ideal for the type of mower.
How to fill a line in a lawn mower: how to change and load into a reel, how to change and how much to wind into a trimmer
When spring comes, people often spend their free time at their summer cottage. They try to rid their area of problems such as weeds and grass with the onset of warm days. It is difficult to do this manually, especially if the area is very large, so a lawn mower will help. Thanks to this technique, you can trim the grass and remove weeds. this is a suitable device for mowing unnecessary plants near the fence, at home, between rows in the garden on a flower bed, and so on. Read about how to choose the right mower for your needs here. The cutting element in this device is a fishing line (strong polyethylene thread), which is wound on a special element. a spool. But over time, the line wears out and it becomes necessary to replace it. The article will talk about how to fill the line in a lawn mower.
To quickly and safely change the line on the reel of the mower, you must observe safety precautions. Before removing the reel to wind the line around the mower, the technician must be disconnected from the power supply (if the mower is powered by electricity). Here I would like to mention the reliability rating of electric lawn mowers, which will help you choose a safe helper.
Another important safety rule that must be observed is pressing the lock button. You can find out its location on the vehicle body using the operating manual. For example, you can find the operating instructions for the manual petrol lawn mower here.
Do not forget that the cutting element needs to be adjusted. There is an adjustment button on the body of the unit. If the process does not start automatically and the thread tension has been released, then the button is clamped, and the fishing line is pulled out of the spool with force.
Line arrangement in the mower
The device of the element on which the nylon thread is wound is very simple. This element is called a coil. It has two "tracks". the upper and the lower. There is a special partition with a recess between these tracks. A fishing line is wound on these tracks. It must first be pulled through the recess.
Features of replacing the fishing line with.
Replacement instructions. how to insert the line
It should be noted that the reels in mowers can be different:
- For functioning with one tendril;
- For functioning with two antennae;
- The line should be threaded through the through hole located inside the element.
And do not confuse this part with an extension cord for a lawn mower on a reel, because despite the similar name, these are two completely different elements.
This article will tell you about how much the ZIL 130 dump truck weighs and what this transport is capable of.
Read here //machinspec.com/lesozagotovitelnaya/benzopila/stanok-dlya-zatochki.html how to assemble a machine for sharpening chainsaws with your own hands quickly and easily.
In the first option, winding the cutting element is very simple:
- There is a locking tab on the inside of the spool element.
- One tendril of thread is inserted into it.
- It is necessary to thread the nylon thread in the direction opposite to the rotation of the spool element.
- You will need only 2 to 4 meters of fishing line. When the winding process is complete, put the small end of this cutting element outward and fix it in the groove, which is necessary for fixing the fishing line so that it does not unwind during the operation of the mower.
- If there is no special groove, then the end should be held by hand so that the cutting element does not unwind during further assembly of the element.
- At the last stage, it is necessary to thread the outer end of the thread into a special hole located on the outer part of the element. The spool can then be inserted into the mower.
When the roller is running with both ends of the plastic filament, then the following steps must be taken to thread the line into the mower:
- Inside, on the spool, you will see how many recesses there are for winding (two or one). If there is only one groove, then both ends of the thread will be guided through this groove. If there are two of them, then the antennae are laid out separately. each in its own notch.
- It is necessary to unwind from 2 to 4 meters of polyethylene thread and thread its two ends into the hole.
- Wind both threads in the opposite direction to the rotation of the drum.
- When all the line is wound, the ends should be fixed in the grooves or held by hand.
- Both ends are threaded into the eyelet from the outside of the roller housing.
- The drum is then collected and inserted into the mower.
Tips and steps for replacing the line with.
The spool element or roller may have a completely different design from the previous two options. The line can be threaded through the eyelet, which is through and located inside the spool. In this case, you do not need to disassemble the roller drum and manually wind the polyethylene thread.
The polyethylene thread is threaded through the hole and rotated by pressing a special button. This button is located on the body and is intended for the operation of the equipment so that it is possible to release the line as it wears out.
If you have a summer cottage or a large plot of land near your individual house or cottage, then for the convenience of cleaning grass and weeds, you must use a lawn mower. In case you are thinking of choosing an electric or gasoline lawn mower, then click here and you will find comparative characteristics of different models.
Over time, the line on the mower wears out and needs to be replaced. you can do this yourself. The choice of this polyethylene thread is necessary depending on the model of the mower. It is also worth keeping an eye on the rest of the unit’s details, here, for example, you will find information about Craftsman lawn mower knives, which also wear out and can lead to irreversible consequences.
The device of the reel into which the fishing line is inserted is very simple. But it differs depending on whether the coil is operating with one or two tendrils of thread. It is important to observe safety precautions when changing the line in the reel.
Preparation for winding the line
Before the winding process, it is necessary to remove the spool with line from the body. Depending on the manufacturer, power and type (electric or gasoline), there are three design types of trimmers:
Compact Electric Trimmers.
Straight bar trimmer
This model provides the ability to install a knife. Removing the coil in such models is done by means of two keys recessed into the coil body. To mount the trimmer knife, it is necessary to align the hole of the reel and the rod, and then insert the device in the form of a steel pin (screwdriver, iron bar). After fixing the coil, the body can be easily unscrewed by hand in a clockwise direction.
How to wind the line onto the Patriot trimmer reel?
Almost every beginner when using a trimmer is faced with the problem of changing the line. While changing your line is easy, you need to learn how to do it right. Changing the fishing line with proper skill will take no more than five minutes. you just need to constantly practice it. This article will look at changing line using Patriot trimmers as an example.
How to wind line on a trimmer
You don’t need to have any special skills to reel in a line on a petrol or electric trimmer. To begin with, it is important to decide on a suitable consumable, and then choose the best method. There are two different ways to load the line into the spool of the device.
How to properly thread the line in the Makita trimmer. Instructions
In order to change the line, you need to remove the old one (if it was).
The reel is the part of the trimmer structure that is located inside the mower head, drum or bobbin. Heads may vary depending on the manufacturer. But this article only covers Patriot, although their mechanism is used by many other companies.
Instructions on how to unscrew the manual head on the trimmer are described below.
- First of all, you need to clean the head from dirt and adhering grass, if it is dirty. To do this, lift the mower head up and, grasping the casing, remove the special protective cover that is on the drum.
- The next step is to remove the spool from the drum. The reel can be easily removed even with one hand, because it is not fixed in any way inside the drum.
- The drum itself is bolted to the trimmer. This bolt must be unscrewed, after which you can easily pull out the drum. To do this carefully, you should support the drum with the spool, while unscrewing the screw counterclockwise.
- Now you can pull the coil out. As mentioned above, it is not secured by anything, except for a hook with a metal shaft, so it does not need to be pulled out with force. Carefully, in a circular motion, pull the spool out of the drum.
- Now it remains to remove the old fishing line and follow the following instructions.
Installation of the spool and drum in their original place is performed according to the reverse algorithm.
Before threading the line, make sure you have purchased the correct thread for the trimmer. In the event that the thread is not suitable, the fuel or energy consumption increases, as well as the load on the engine of the lawn mowers.
In order to replace the thread itself directly, you need to prepare a piece of thread of the required size. Most often, this requires about 4 m of line. The specific figure will depend on the parameters of the thread, for example, its thickness, as well as on the parameters of the spool itself. If you cannot accurately determine the length, you can do the following: insert and wind the thread until the coil is fully charged (the line level will be compared with the protrusions on the sides of the coil). Make sure that the line sits evenly in the reel.
The instructions for threading the line into the spool are described below.
- The prepared thread must be taken and folded in half. It should be ensured that one edge is longer than the other by 0.1-0.15 m.
- Now you need to take the ends in different hands. The one that is smaller must be pulled up to the larger one so that it becomes 2 times shorter. When bending, maintain an offset of 0.15m.
- Find the notch inside the coil baffle. Gently thread the loop you made earlier into this slot.
- To continue working, it is necessary to determine the direction of winding the thread in the bobbin. To do this, it is enough to inspect the coil. there should be an arrow on it.
- If the arrow-pointer could not be found, then it is quite possible that there is a written designation. An example is shown in the photo below. Inspect the coil head. It has a direction indicator. However, this is the direction of movement of the coil. To get the direction of winding, you need to wind in the opposite direction.
- Now you need to load the spool with line. It is worth noting that there are special guide grooves inside the coil. Follow these grooves when winding the thread, otherwise the trimmer may be damaged. At this stage, you need to charge the coil very carefully.
- When the user winds up almost the entire thread, take the short end (do not forget about the 0.15m protrusion) and pull it into the hole located in the wall of the reel. Now you need to repeat this action in the same way with the other end (on the other side).
- Place the reel in the head of the reel, before passing the line through the holes inside the drum.
- Now is the time to put the drum back in place. After that, you need to take the ends of the line with both hands and pull them to the sides. Then you need to put the lid back on (here you can safely make efforts until a characteristic click is heard).
- It remains to do the "cosmetic work". We need to see if the thread is too long. You can start the trimmer and check in practice if everything is comfortable. If the thread comes out a little long, you can cut it with scissors.
How to wind line on a trimmer reel: key points
A gasoline or electric trimmer is an indispensable tool in the arsenal of a modern summer resident or owner of his own home.
Thanks to these gardening devices, even a large garden plot can be mowed with ease. After purchasing this tool and performing several mows, many people think about how to properly wind the line on the trimmer reel. For an inexperienced user, the first operation to replace it will seem problematic and time-consuming, since the developers often do not fully reflect the instructions for replacing the fishing line in the operating manual.