How To Properly Wind The Line On The Lawn Mower
Preparing to wind the line
Before the winding process, it is necessary to remove the spool with line from the body. Depending on the manufacturer, power and type (electric or gasoline), there are three design types of trimmers:
- Compact Electric Trimmers.
Straight bar trimmer
This model provides the ability to install a knife. Removing the coil in such models is done by means of two keys recessed into the coil body. To mount the trimmer knife, it is necessary to align the hole of the reel and the rod, and then insert the device in the form of a steel pin (screwdriver, iron bar). After fixing the coil, the body can be easily unscrewed by hand clockwise.
Single Barbed Trimmer Spool
Reel for single-barb lawn mowers
Many owners and experts note the ease of use and ease of refueling the bobbin with one mustache. Depending on the manufacturer, the length of the threaded line can vary from 2 to 5 meters. The end of the line is inserted into the head into a special technological groove or hole, and the winding is carried out in the direction opposite to the working rotation of the bobbin. Most reels have arrow marks on the outside of the body that indicate the direction of the trimmer reel movement.
After winding, you need to leave a free end of 15-30 cm to enhance the centrifugal force, which is decisive when removing the trimmer line in automatic and semi-automatic spools. Passing the left end through the working hole of the coil and assembling the head.
How to wind line on a trimmer reel: key points
A gasoline or electric trimmer is an indispensable tool in the arsenal of a modern summer resident or owner of his own home.
Thanks to these garden devices, even a large garden plot can be mowed with ease. After purchasing this tool and performing several mows, many people think about how to properly wind the line on the trimmer reel. For an inexperienced user, the first operation to replace it will seem problematic and time-consuming, since the developers often do not fully reflect the instructions for replacing the fishing line in the operating manual.
Trimmer head with two tendrils
Double flute head
After removing the spool from the spool body, we determine the number of strands for winding the fishing line (1 or 2). In principle, there is no difference between bobbins with one and two grooves, but with careless threading into the paired groove, there will be operational problems. Due to the likelihood of interlacing the adjacent line of the tool, a situation may arise when, after wear of the working antennae, it is impossible to remove new ones.
Regardless of the number of streams, a fishing line with a length of 1.5 to 3 meters is taken for refueling. Winding must be done in the opposite direction of rotation of the head, since winding in the direction of travel will lead to the fact that the line will not be removed from the reel. After the fishing line is tucked into the trimmer coil, the free ends (15-30 cm) are threaded into special holes. Next, we assemble the head in the reverse order of disassembly and check the operability. Do NOT worry if the ends of the two antennae are very different in size, because when you start the trimmer, the knife installed on the protection will cut off excess.
Winding the line to the trimmer
Measured and accurate dismantling of the spool from the spit coil makes it possible to go directly to winding the line. The design features of the head, the number and location of the fixing holes dictate the sequence of actions when performing this operation, and also determine the methods used. Today there are several types of reels, depending on the number of line antennae and the methods of threading it:
- Trimmer head with one working Mustache;
- Bobbin with two tendril fishing lines;
- Auto winding reel.
Trimmer head with automatic line threading
Types of trimmer heads
Some models on the market are fitted with a reel with an automatic winding mechanism. It is enough for the owner to properly thread and fix the ends in the head, and the winding operation will be performed by the tool itself when it is turned on. It is almost impossible to wind the line incorrectly into a trimmer with such a head, since the coil independently determines the position of the antennae. The advantages of the automatic trimmer head include the ease of threading the line, and the disadvantages are frequent breakdowns of the mechanism due to the complexity of the design and the high cost.
What should be the length of the working thread
It all depends on the method of fishing and the reservoir. If a small length of line is required for fishing, then it should be less; if long-distance casting is required, then more fluorocarbon is needed. For a quick change in the field, every angler should know how to change the line to a trimmer. If the spool of the reel is deep, then approximately two-thirds must be filled with a cheaper thread, while the remaining part should be wound with working fluorocarbon, which is necessary directly for fishing. The rewind should consist of a thinner line than the working line, this will increase the density and NOT fall through the main.
How to wind line on a trimmer
During winding, the handle of the reel should be twisted smoothly, without jerks and at high speeds. You need to make sure that the thread lies flat parallel lines. Do not wind too thick line, and not intended for this reel.
Smoothly winding fluorocarbon, you should pay attention to how much is left to the side. The optimal distance is 2 mm from the top layer to the edge of the side.
How to properly attach the thread to the trimmers
Winding the line to the trimmer. It’s a simple matter, but it requires some skill. First you need to firmly attach the reel to the rod. Then pass one end of the fluorocarbon through all the ears of the rod and fasten it to the spool. To do this, you need to raise the bow of the coil, wrap the fishing line around and tie with an Arbor knot.
If the thread is stiff or thick, then before winding it should be immersed in warm water, after this procedure it will become more elastic and will lie smoother. When winding, it is desirable that there is an assistant who would hold the bobbins with fishing line. In the process, you should slightly slow down the fluorocarbon with your finger or a soft cloth.
Beginner fishermen, due to their inexperience, pay little attention to the choice of a rod and tackle, and after all, the right equipment is the key to fishing success. Usually, reels are purchased with a spool size from 2000 to 3000, which is capable of accommodating 100 meters of line with a number from 0.2 to 0.3 mm.
In addition to their size, they differ from each other in the way they are wound on the spool. You can wind the line on the trimmer spool in a straight, cylindrical or tapered manner, it all depends on the model. Also pay attention to the country of origin of fishing tackle. If the reel is of Chinese origin, from a cheap series, then always be prepared for line tangling during casts and the occurrence “beards”, in addition, the cheap option quickly fails and requires repair or replacement.
With high-quality winding, fluorocarbon should form a strictly parallel stacking of the spool with a direct winding method, and inclined with a tapered.
Every fisherman must know how to wind the line around the trimmer and what is backing. Backing is a reel spool reeling. For this, a thread with a diameter of 0.1 to 0.3 mm is often used. If you use a thicker fluorocarbon as a reel, it can lead to uneven and uneven laying of the main line. It is highly undesirable for Buckingham to use wet materials, such as nylon and cotton threads. They are unable to dry completely for a long time, which leads to debate, and replacing the line with a trimmer. These are additional financial costs.
The amount of whining required for Buckingham can only be determined empirically. This requires two spools. The required amount of working line is first wound on one, and then the backing is wound in such a way that two millimeters remain to the edges of the side. After this procedure, the spool with wound Fluorocarbon is removed and an empty one is put on, on which the thread is wound, only in the reverse order. Backing first, then working nylon.
How to wind line on a trimmer: examples and recommendations
As a rule, before going fishing, it is necessary to check all the tackle, the reliability of the connecting loops and the sharpness of the hooks. But do not forget about Buckingham, which is wound on a reel, because the success of fishing in general will depend on how to wind the line on the trimmer. Incorrectly wound, it can lead to a “beard” which is quite difficult to untangle and which takes a huge amount of precious time, the casting distance can be significantly reduced, and in general in such a situation it is better not Rybachy.
Storing nylon thread on a spool
How to wind the line on the trimmer. Sorted it out, now let’s talk about storing fishing tackle, in particular, fluorocarbon on spool. For a long service life, whining should adhere to several rules, the implementation of which allows you to save money on the purchase of new equipment.
It is important to remember that after fishing, the line and parts of the reel get wet, they should be well dried. Poorly Dried Fluorocarbon melts very quickly and becomes unusable. It becomes brittle and can break at the most crucial moment. To prevent this from happening, after seasonal fishing, the fishing line from the reel should be rolled up and spread on the floor so that it dries well. This procedure should be carried out with Buckingham (reel). You can dry nylon thread after each fishing trip if you go to it once a month.
You already know how to change the line for a trimmer.It will not be difficult. Always store your fishing tackle in a dry place, this will guarantee reliability and durability.
How to properly wind the line on the trimmer spool
Many, having worked out the factory line on the recently purchased trimmers, are trying to wind a new one, but they cannot, because they do not know how to properly wind the line on the spool (bobbin) of the trimmer. It seems that there is an instruction, but it still does not work. Let’s try in this article to deal with this issue.
So, in order to wind the line, you first need to remove the coil from the trimmer. this will be more convenient. The removal method will depend on the type of trimmer.
Removing the coil from the trimmer
On small electric trimmers with a bottom-mounted motor (when it is in the ground while working), the reels usually have two keys on the sides. Click on them and disconnect one half of the coil body from the second, which remains on the trimmer. Together with the first half, the inner part is also taken out, on which the fishing line is directly wound. When disassembling, be careful: there is a spring inside that can fly out and get lost.
On electric and gasoline trimmers with a curved bar (there is still no way to put a knife on such trimmers), you need to grab the coil body itself with one hand, and with the other hand you need to start rotating the lamb on it counterclockwise. It is he who attaches the coil to the Trimmer Bar. Having unscrewed the lamb, carefully remove the entire coil, trying NOT to lose the spring inside.
On electric and gasoline trimmers with a straight bar and a gearbox at its end (on such trimmers, in addition to fishing line, you can also install a knife), we look for a hole under the coil, insert, for example, a screwdriver into it, quietly rotate the coil until the screwdriver does NOT crawl even deeper and the coil will lock. Now steep the whole coil clockwise (since the thread is left-hand) and remove it from the trimmer. Then we disassemble the coil. It can be assembled using snaps or a twisted lamb. If the coil is on latches, then press on the sides on the base of the latches so that they bend and release one half of the coil body from the other. We just unscrew the lamb. There may also be a third type of connection between the two halves of such a coil: with it, you need to grab the lower part with one hand, and the upper part with the other, and start turning them in opposite directions. When disassembling such a coil, you also need to make sure that the spring inside is not lost.
If your coil is designed to work with only one tendril, then it’s simple. You need to unwind 2-4 m of fishing line (depending on the size of the reel), find a hole on the inside of the reel for the fixing line, insert one end of the line there and start winding the line in the direction opposite to the direction of rotation of the reel on the trimmer. On the inside of the reel, they usually indicate with an arrow in which direction to wind the line. I wound the fishing line, we leave a small piece of it unwound to put it out. We fix this piece in a specially groove located on the inner part of the reel and designed so that at the time of collecting the reel, the line does NOT unwind. If there is such a groove, then you will have to hold the fishing line with your finger to prevent it from unwinding during the further collection of the coil. Next, we take the outer part of the coil and threading the outer piece of fishing line into the existing hole, collect and put the coil back on the trimmer.
If the coil is designed to work with two tendrils, then do the following. On the inside of the reel, we look at how many grooves there are for winding the fishing line. There may be one or two of them. If there is only one groove, then both tendrils are wound along this one groove. If there are two grooves, then each antenna is wound along its own groove. Reels with one groove should have a through hole through which the fishing line is threaded. We rewind 2-4 m of fishing line, threading it through this hole so that the fishing line sticks out equally on each side. And we simultaneously wind both tendrils of the fishing line in one direction, opposite to the direction of rotation of the coil to the trim tabs and coinciding with the direction indicated by the arrow on the inside of the coil. We leave a little of the fishing line unwound, the resulting ends We fix in the Special grooves, and if they are not there, we hold them with our fingers. Threading both ends into the existing holes on the outer casing of the coil. We collect the coil and fasten it to the trimmers.
If there are two grooves, fold a piece of fishing line 2-4 m long in half. Insert the loop obtained at the place of the fold into the groove between the two grooves, and simultaneously wind both ends of the fishing line along its own groove. Further actions are similar to the previous option.
There are also spools in which the fishing line is threaded through a through hole on the inside. After that, the ends of the line, and not winding, are threaded completely through the holes on the outer body of the reel, assemble the reel and begin to rotate the button, which is usually pressed, in order to release the line during operation as it wears out. Turning the button. the line itself is wound inside. In this case, twisting it in the “wrong” direction will NOT work, since it can only rotate in one direction. If you get used to it, you can wind fishing line on such a reel without even disassembling it. you just need to combine the through hole of the inner drum with the holes on the outer body of the reel, and then thread the fishing line through them.
Things to consider when choosing a line
It is important to choose the right material before inserting and locking the line into the detachable trimmer spool.
Rating of the best petrol trimmer models. An overview of manufacturers and models, as well as useful tips from experts, considered in this review, will help in a difficult choice among many device models.
How to properly wind the line around the trimmer: Step-by-step guide and instructions
A beautiful lawn will only look truly well-groomed if you regularly mow the grass. A trimmer is best for tackling difficult areas. Any owner of the unit will sooner or later face a solution to the problem of how to wind the line on a reel, because wrong actions can not only worsen the quality of the mowing, but also disable the equipment. Today in the Homius review we will tell you about all the methods and nuances of replacing the fishing line and the features of choosing consumables.
What are the trimmers and features of their use
The trimmer is useful for mowing small or difficult areas, such as near hedges, between beds and along paths. Today manufacturers produce a wide variety of gasoline, electric and battery models, which can be selected for any owner’s request.
A fishing line is used as a cutting element of the trimmer. In the process of work, sooner or later, its length will end, and then the owner will have a question of how to correctly replace and fix the thread tucked into a removable coil.
How to quickly and easily remove the coil with your own hands
Before replacing the old line with a new one in the detachable trimmer spool, you must remove the head.
The process is completely simple, even beginners can do the job:
- Remove the upper fixing cover.
- Remove the removable spool.
- Get the spring out, if any.
- Screwdriver Unscrew the bolt.
- Remove the housing from the shaft.
Before threading the thread onto the trimmer spool, pay attention to its size. Most often used fishing line with a cross section of 2 mm.
You can choose a suitable diameter in the following ways:
- See recommendations in the manufacturer’s instructions for trimmers.
- Manufacturers often apply cross-sectional information to the bobbin.
- The cross-section of the cord must match the diameter of the reel hole.
How to wind the line correctly on the spool of the trimmer with one tendril
Most often, a thread up to five meters long is used. The procedure consists of the following steps:
- Bent the cord with a loop and insert into the groove of the head.
- Wind the thread in the direction opposite to the marks on the body. They indicate the direction of movement of the head.
- Leave the end of the thread up to fifteen centimeters long to increase the centrifugal force.
- Thread the free end through the spool outlet.
- Assemble the trimmer head.
Auto feed trimmer: how to wind the line into the removable spool
Some models of trimmers have a reel, the threading of which is automatic. It is enough for the owner to fix the ends in the head, after turning on the equipment, the mechanism will perform all the winding manipulations on its own.
How to wind the line on the detachable reel trimmer with two tendrils
You can see before work. And also take into account the following recommendations.
- If there is only one track, both threads are wound parallel.
- If there are two tracks, each piece is wound in a separate groove.
- Wind the threads in the opposite direction to the rotation of the head.
- The length of the risers does not have to exceed fifteen centimeters.
- Thread the ends into the outlet holes.
- Assemble the head and check the trimmer performance.
Before you put the line on the trimmer, you need to Pay attention to the section of the cord:
- Whining with a circular cross-section is the most common option. They cut the grass perfectly even in difficult areas;
- Spiral line is suitable for thin grass. It is not very durable and is NOT suitable for old thickets;
- A cord with notches and sharp edges is chosen for mowing weeds;
- A fishing line with a variety of geometric sections will help mow the lawn more evenly, but the strength of the consumables is low.
The owner of the lawn mower should know that it is absolutely forbidden to use metal wire, fishing thread and various strings.
- The adjusting washer with the rear friction brake in the normal position should be in the bobbin device itself;
- The adjustment is opposite to the system of the front braking device, that is, with an increase in the size of the washer, the movement is made towards a reverse conical shape, and with a decrease. towards a straight conical shape.
Installing or removing a washer requires:
- The bobbin mechanism is being removed;
- The special nut in the foreground of the bobbin device is unscrewed;
- The locking mechanism of the adjusting washer is removed;
- Remove or install the required number of washers.
The reel set includes from two to six washers of different thickness sizes
Different coil models have specific profile shapes or profiles. There are several forms of the profile:
- Cylindrical profile shape;
- Reverse tapered shape extending towards the front bobbin collar;
- Straight tapered shape tapering towards the front bobbin collar;
- The chaotic profile shape found on almost all cheap Chinese reels.
It is quite easy to adjust the profile if you follow the correct order, as well as know all the subtleties of adjusting the spool profile. Usually, a cylindrical or reverse conical profile is used for spinning. Using these types as an example and consider the systematics of adjustment.
Winding the fishing line: doing it right
The winding of the line fiber must be carried out subject to certain rules. In addition, it is required to observe the correct order of winding systematics:
- A bobbin device is installed on the first generation spinning part, while the bobbin mechanism is removed. The main line is threaded into a ring spinning shape and tied to the spool mechanism. It is required to open the line-laying bow to the bobbin installation, while the line passes through the roller line-laying device. If there is a spare spool to determine the volumetric value of the backing shape and the initial profile shape, these actions are carried out on it;
- The line bobbin has a central hole for easy sliding onto a pencil or pen shaft. For the absence of scrolling, the line fiber, when descending from the bobbins, spins the latter, since the line cannot be pulled from a stationary bobbin. The second person should hold the Bobbin on a pencil base, if it is absent, then the pencil is clamped with his knees. For unwinding the fishing line from the reel, special purchased units are often used, which can also adjust the winding forces of the line fiber on the bobbin mechanism;
- Clamping the line fiber is done with a gloved hand (so as not to cut your fingers) higher than the first ring is. This hand will be engaged in adjusting the winding forces of the line fiber on the bobbin device, while the other hand turns the spool lever slowly and measuredly;
- The volumetric size of the wound line fiber should not reach the bobbin collar by two to three millimeters. In the absence of the required line volumetric size, a backing device is tied to the line, after which winding continues within the required limits. The fishing line is NOT wound up to the very edge, since the loops subsequently come off in the form “beards”;
- At the end of the winding of the line fiber and the backing device to the required bar, rewinding from the spare bobbin device to the main one is performed. If the profile does NOT meet the requirements, then the adjustment is made using shims. In the absence of a spare bobbin device, it is necessary to rewind the line fiber to the secondary reel, which is a reserve, or on bobbins, since the line fiber must be turned over. Drills are often used as rewinding devices, on the spindles of which you can fix the bobbin;
- At the end of the winding of the line fiber on the bobbin device, the end of the line is attached to the clip projection, which is located on the side of the bobbin device.
Optimal use of gear and ensuring smooth operation is possible when the entire system is executed in the correct order, as well as using certain rules and patterns, that is:
- Backing application;
- Correct amount of effort;
- Correct profile shape;
- Correctly selected volumetric winding size.
In the absence of a spare bobbin device, it is necessary to rewind the line fiber to the secondary reel, which is a reserve, or on bobbins, since the line fiber must be turned over
Features of winding
The coils can be different, as there are several types of coil types, and this changes the nature of the winding. For instance:
- The cartoon reel type can not change the bobbin part when threading the line fiber or Buckingham, which are produced in advance;
- The inertial type is distinguished by the difference in possible bobbin devices, and this leads to the fact that the change operation also does not work;
- Spinning type easily changes spools with braid or line.
Thus, winding on a spinning reel is simple, and the second two types have differences.
The inertial coil has a number of features:
- A regular reel has a volume size of one hundred meters of line fiber;
- A spinning rod or feeder with through-type rings has a feature in winding the fishing line on the assembled rod;
- On the unfolded spinning rod, the line fiber is passed through each pass ring, starting with the smallest one, while the line-laying bracket is folded back, after which the line fiber is attached to the bobbin device using a knot or by a stopper. A certain number of turns are made in a measured slow form by hand, after which a lever or handle is scrolled, while the nylon fiber will go into winding.
- With the correct form of winding, the line fiber should lie like a thread spool, that is, without gaps and in a dense format.
There is only one special feature in the multiplier reel type. The line fiber must have a diametrical cross-section that is intended for the model in question.
The spinning reel also has a list of features in direct use:
- The size of the line thickness should be equal to that indicated on the reel mechanism, since with a different diametrical section of the line fiber there will be difficulties with threading;
- Each spinning reel shape is created for a specific specified fiber diameter, in addition, the Buckingham volumetric size is also limited;
- All parameters of the coils are indicated in the passport data, while each manufacturer has different data;
- Line winding on an inertialess type of coil is made with tight turns to each other or in a cruciform manner.
Rules for winding fishing line on a reel
Winding the line onto a reel is one of the main pledges of successful fishing, since if the winding system is incorrect, the line fiber gets tangled or stripped. It is for this reason that you need to know the correct winding systematics, as well as be able to use special devices that can facilitate this task.
A backing device is a layer-by-layer application of any material onto a base, onto which the fishing line is subsequently wound. It is required to increase the bobbin diametrical section, and this saves the line, since it does NOT require multiple turns.
Make it a rule, on every fishing trip, first of all, start.
Several materials are used as Buckingham:
- Braided cord;
- Nylon thread;
- Durable electrical tape.
Buckingham’s normal use is to add winding to the required level, after which further rewind continues.
Winding is carried out with increased density so that a hole does not form in the line base. Several forms of knots are used for attachment to the line fiber:
- Blood ties;
- Petr Minenko Knot.
Winding is carried out with increased density so that a hole does not form in the line base
How to tie a line to a spool
The binding of the backing device or the line fiber to the spool device is mandatory, as this avoids the breakdown of a large fish specimen, as well as the spinning of the line fiber on the spool device when winding or fishing fish. Additionally, an electrical tape or an ordinary piece of plaster is glued in the direction of the winding direction.
The binding is carried out:
- Self-tightening double loop;
- Using Clinch;
- Using similar knots, but the best options are the first two types of knot shape.
Scheme for tying the line to the spool
- The adjusting washer of the reel with a front-type brake friction system is located on the axis with the bobbin mechanism fastening, as well as above the ratchet sprocket device;
- The reel set includes from two to six washers of various thickness sizes;
- An increase in the size of the washer, the profile ratio of the winding changes in the direction of the straight conical shape, and with a decrease in the size of the washers, the change occurs to the shape of the inverse conical type.
Installing or removing a washer requires:
- We unscrew the bobbin mechanism, while the clutch should rotate counterclockwise;
- The bobbin mechanism is removed from the axial position;
- We install or remove the required number of washers, while the option with the removal of the star-ratchet device is possible, since there is a need for an ideal geometric position.
There are a number of rules for the correct winding of line fiber based on a reel, in addition, there are several useful tips that will help facilitate this process:
- Determination of the depth or volume of the unwound line fiber can be measured with a counter, which is set in the Cartoon type of reel format, without a counter, you can simply mark the line with a special marker every meter or two;
- There are several simple rules for good winding: it does not have to be a large nodular shape, you cannot make a weakening during the line winding (the same force throughout the stretch of the line effort), the first turn is the most important, since the entire further winding path will depend on its position;
- Buying a cheap fishing line or reel base may be unjustified, since the line shape of the fiber may vary in quality, and the reel may be defective, that is, buying tackle is worth it with good quality, since this, on the contrary, will save money and nerves;
- There is a trapezoidal coil profile, it uses the principle of the reverse cone type, that is, the winding goes on different sides in a conical shape.