How to pull the line in the trimmer
Method 2. how to properly put the line on the reel of lawn mowers with photo description and video
The second method differs from the first in that it is not a single piece of equipment that is charged into the coil, but segments from two parts. This method is used by manufacturers, and it is also suitable for those who have leftover material. The principle of how to insert two lengths of line into a lawn mower’s line is the same as with the first method, and to make sure of this, below are detailed instructions:
- There are two equal length pieces of material that you can use.
- One piece is taken, and the edge is bent in the form of a clamping bracket or hook, with which the fishing line will be secured
- Inside the coil there are holes in the form of a bracket for fixing, which are there for a reason. If they are not there, then the second option will not work. The appearance of these brackets is shown in the photo below. Each bracket is in its own half
- The brace of the fishing line should be hooked on the bracket, and wind it in observing the direction of the arrow
- The rig is wound until a 10-15 cm segment remains, which is fixed in the corresponding hole on the side of the guide
- Manipulations with the second end of the fishing line are carried out in the same way.
- The protrusions are inserted into the holes of the head, and then, removing the equipment from the temporary fasteners in the coil, the cover with the latches is installed
The above instructions on how to install a fishing line in the lawnmower will help not only correctly, but also quickly make the replacement procedure. Assembling the trimmer coil, as mentioned above, can be done without removing the head, but in this case, you will need to conveniently fix the tool. Video instruction is presented below.
Step-by-step instructions on how to wind the trimmer reel and lawn mowers
In order not to be mistaken with the choice of a suitable fishing line for your tool, you should first disassemble the head and look at the side wall of the reel. This information is usually presented on a tip, which will not allow you to make mistakes with the use of the appropriate equipment.
If there is information on the reel about the diameter of the line you can fill in, then this information can be clarified in the instructions. Having decided on the thickness or diameter of the rig, it remains to figure out how to charge it. There are two ways to do this, but not all of them are applicable. We will consider both methods in detail, and depending on which models of lawn mowers and trimmers you use, you decide on your own which option is suitable.
It is interesting! The principle of how to wind the line to guide lawn mowers is appropriate not only for autonomous gasoline units, but also for electric trimmers.
How to wind the line on the trimmer spool description
Private home owners know how essential a trimmer tool is. It can be gasoline and electric, and they differ in the design of power units. For cutting grass in areas where there are stones, trees and other obstructing objects, a fishing line is used as a cutting device. This consumable wears out during use, so how to wind the trimmer coil, we will consider in detail in the material.
the lawn mower is manual. Replacing the line in the reel.
The bobbins of the trimmers, the motor of which is located at the very ground, have a different attachment to the axis of rotation, they have two buttons on the spool located on the sides that need to be wrung out, otherwise the replacement of the thread is no different from other cassettes.
The principle of correct winding of the fishing line is similar in all of the above cases, therefore, for example, consider the standard version with two antennae.
To remove the spool with the fishing line, you need to unscrew the centrally located screw, but note that the thread is left there, so you will have to turn it clockwise, this was done on purpose so that during operation it does not open under the influence of centrifugal force.
Next, using a screwdriver, disassemble the head and remove the spool onto which the fishing line is directly wound. I had to take up the trimmer. quite enough for the processing of herbs in the garden and like this. Having measured the required length and folded in half, you need to tuck the fishing line into the spool, eventually bringing its ends opposite each other (for this there are special slots for fixing).
After that, it is necessary to assemble the head in the reverse order, threading the ends of the cord into two corresponding holes.
If you have doubts or it is not entirely clear how to load the line on the trimmer, we recommend that you look at how to properly wind the line into the lawn mower. How to remove the spool from is the only correct solution for cutting the grass in the line. In this video, in detail, step by step, the instructor will open the trimmer head, measure the required amount of line, usually from two to four meters, and demonstrate assembly and installation on the trimmer.
Replacing the line on the lawn mower.
How to wind the cutting line yourself on the reel of a lawn mower (trimmer)
What types of woods are there
The most common type of line that fits almost all reel types is round cord. How to change the line correctly in the trimmer, the line must be changed. for thick grass. How to remove the head from How to change the line in the trimmer. Therefore, you first need to open it. This is an ordinary fishing line, suitable for mowing succulent grass, but it will be much more difficult to mow dead wood with it, and even more so it will not cope with bush.
As a rule, the diameter that can be used to cut young grass does not exceed 1.6 mm. How to remove, change the line and is the only correct solution for mowing grass c. How to change the line in the trimmer and Choose the line for the dry grass trimmer just for. The thicker the thread, the more coarse grass it is able to overcome.
There are fishing lines with sharp edges in the form of an asterisk or a square, this option is more adapted to mowing dry grass precisely due to the existing sharp edges, but its disadvantage is greater wear and tear and it is inferior in strength to a round cord.
Changing the line on the trimmer
This article will tell you how to change the line on the trimmer. For some people, this job may not be easy. But the step-by-step instructions that are available here will help you in this matter.
So the first thing to do is remove the gear cover. We combine the hole on the side of the curly lower washer and the axial recess, insert a screwdriver to fix the shaft from scrolling. Now unscrew the nozzle. The thread on the shaft, as a rule, has a reverse thread, take this into account when unscrewing.
Next, the disassembly of the nozzle follows. There, the lid is fixed with latches through the holes. So you just have to push these clips into the holes and the cover will come off. If the attachment has automatic / semi-automatic line feeding modes, it means that there is a spring inside, which can simply fly out when the lid is opened, be prepared for this. We lay out all the removed parts neatly in order.
Now it’s time to take the line and rewind 5 meters from it, cut off this piece. Pay attention to its thickness, do not wind a line of greater thickness on the unit than specified in the manual for the tool. Otherwise, there will be an increased load on the engine and higher fuel consumption during operation. We bend the measured line in half to find the middle and get a loop.
There are a couple of notches in the middle of the coil, sometimes they are not notches, but holes located opposite each other. With a loop we cling to one of the grooves and wind the fishing line counterclockwise. If the reel has 2 compartments, then we wind each end of the fishing line on them separately. Leave the last 15-20 cm free and clamp them while in the recesses of the coil.
We assemble the device again, pull the free ends of the fishing line into the holes on the body. We put on the cover, snapping the latches into their grooves. Now you can pull out these loose ends of the line.
Zero Gap Any Clippers in 4 Minutes | Tip #15 | Barber Equipment
It remains only to attach the working node in place, as in the first paragraph. Do not forget about reverse rotation on screwing.
Now you can learn how to wind the line around the trimmer. Actually, the whole process was detailed above. No time-consuming operations requiring the presence of specialists. Your lawn mower is ready for use again.
Threading the line into the trimmer spool is a relatively simple procedure, provided you follow a specific procedure. When you need to determine how many meters of consumable is enough, wind it around the bobbin so that the skein does not exceed the diameter of the sides. Having decided on the length of the cord, follow the instructions below:
- Fold the consumable in half so that one end of the line is 10-15 cm longer than the other.
- Charging should be started from the center board, which divides the trimmer bobbin into 2 parts. Find the groove where the cord should be inserted. Bend the last in half.
- Determine in which direction you want to wind the line. To do this, take a closer look at the bobbin, which may contain an arrow or an inscription. She indicates the side of the winding. If there are no markings on the reel, then look at the arrow on the mowing head. wind in the opposite direction.
- The consumables should be washed carefully, turn to turn. Try to stick to the maximum thread tension.
- After completing the lining, secure the short end of the material first. To do this, insert it into a groove on the side of the coil that fits in diameter. The other end (longer), attach in the groove on the other side of the trimmer bobbin.
- After securing the fishing line, cut off the ends. Do not forget to leave allowances of about 10 cm.
- Place the loaded bobbin onto the mowing head of the device. To do this, you need to alternately insert and pull the thread into the outlet holes of the head, in order to then place the bobbin of the device into the skin.
- Using the required force, pull the cord out of the locking grooves and tighten the material. After completing this step, put on the cover and secure it with the latches.
Step-by-step winding of the line to the spool
You can also wind the cord on the trimmer in another way, in which two pieces of material are charged instead of one. The replacement is done like this:
- Bend one end of the cord into a crochet hook.
- There should be a hole at the bottom of the bobbin to hold the line in place. Insert the bent end of the thread there.
- Wind the cord material in the direction of the arrow to the desired level, which does not exceed the diameter of the trimmer spool.
- Do the same for the second bobbin compartment.
- The assembly of the device head is similar to the first method.
How to thread the line into the trimmer spool Instructions
How to wind line on a trimmer
You don’t need to have any special skills to reel in a gas or electric trimmer. To begin with, it is important to decide on a suitable consumable, and then choose the best method. There are two different ways to load the line into the spool of the device.
How to wind the line onto the trimmer spool
At first glance, threading a line into the reel of a tool is not an easy task. But it is enough to carefully study this process. and in the future, all the necessary actions will be performed without any difficulties.
It is worth reading this guide to find out how to tuck the line into the trimmer. The step-by-step instructions below take into account the peculiarities of the coils of different types of trimmers, therefore, it is applicable to any tool.
So, the procedure is as follows.
Quick easy Weedeater pull string fix
- The line spool is the bottom end of the trimmer. First of all, of course, you need to remove this head from the device. To do this, you need to fix the rod (or, in other words, the shaft) on which the coil is attached. It is required to fix it in such a way that it does not scroll. The easiest way to do this is by placing a kind of stupor (preferably metal) between the shaft threads through a special hole. When the shaft is fixed, the spool can be unscrewed.
- At this stage, you have to remove the bobbin from the head, on which the fishing line is attached. To do this, you need to disassemble the head into elements. To do this, you first need to find a retainer on its body. It is located on the circumference of the product and is like a button. When the latch is found, you need to press it firmly. Keeping the latch pressed, turn the head cover clockwise. Then you need to remove the cover and remove the bobbin.
- A tight spring is placed between the bobbin and the head. It needs to be put aside for a while so that it does not interfere with the winding process. Before proceeding with the step of winding the line, it is necessary to inspect the bobbin. If there are remnants of old fishing line on it, they must be removed. When the bobbin is cleaned, you can start preparing a new bobbin.
- From a previously prepared skein of new fishing line, it is necessary to measure and cut off six (maximum. seven) meters. Keep the bobbin close at hand.
At this point, the key stage actually begins, which this article is devoted to.
Features of the use of trimmers
A trimmer that mows grass with a fishing line can be used near: houses and other buildings, fences and hedges, trees and shrubs, flower beds and flower beds, row spacing in a garden plot.
Such a convenient, and most importantly, effective device, like a trimmer, exists in several variations:
As the names suggest, trimmer types differ markedly from one another. But regardless of the type of this tool, a fishing line can be its cutting element. Of course, the line tucked into the trimmer reel is not endless. And sooner or later you will need to replace it with a new one.
Line consumption directly depends on the frequency of use of the device and the scale of the work performed. The more grass is cut and the more often it is trimmed with the trimmer, the more active the line is used in it. And, accordingly, the faster it will end. In this regard, the question arises: how to thread the line into the trimmer spool?
Not everyone knows the answer to this question. But the winding of the line on the reel plays an important role in the trimmer operation. For the device to function properly, it is very important to properly wind the new line onto the reel. How to change the line on the trimmer, and will be discussed in this article.
In addition, you should pay special attention to the thickness of the consumable. For mowing young grass, a thread with a diameter of one and a half millimeters is suitable. The larger the diameter of the thread, the more dry and coarse weeds it is capable of overpowering.
When choosing a fishing line by thickness, there is one “but”. It is important not only to assess the capabilities of the material, but also to take into account the features of the trimmer. Be sure to check the user manual that came with your tool for information on cutting element requirements.
Using the wrong thread can damage the tool. Using a thread that is too thick will overload the machine’s motor. And the use of a thread that is too thin will significantly increase the wear of the twisting mechanism.
That is why it is necessary to approach the choice of consumables no less responsibly than to refuel it in the trimmer. When a suitable fishing line is found and purchased, you can begin to consider ways of winding it on a reel.
Spool Trimmer Heads
The main elements of the trigger is the mowing head, which is a cylindrical body with a bobbin inserted inside. The fishing line (cord) is tucked into it. The heads differ from each other in the way of feeding and threading the cord. There are three types of heads in total:
- Automatic. The line is then fed as the user decreases the engine speed. Automatic cord feeding is very convenient when there is a lot of work to be done. The disadvantage of such a head is the high thread consumption.
- Semi-automatic. The use of such a head does not require the user to perform any complex manipulations. The principle of its operation is designed in such a way that the line begins to automatically lengthen while the trimmer is operating at full speed. You just need to lightly bang the head of the machine on the ground (this will remove the blocking of the line), and the cord will be pulled out of the bobbin due to centrifugal force. Then the line is cut to the required length with a knife, which is located on the protective casing.
- Manual. To lengthen the cord, it is necessary to stop the apparatus. After that, the line will need to be pulled out manually.
Types of trimmer spools